AEEE 2018 (Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination) is a national level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into various UG Engineering programs offered by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University in its 5 campuses- Coimbatore, Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Mysuru. It will be conducted in the 3rd week of April 2018.
- The registration for AEEE 2018 can be done till the last week of March 2018.
- AEEE 2018 will be held in both, online and offline mode.
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes).
- The test paper will consist of a total of 100 questions.
- AEEE 2018 will be conducted in more than 50 cities across India.
- Offline mode of test will be conducted in the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala only.
- Students can expect the results in the 1st week of May 2018.
Aspirants can see the updated notifications as also download the information brochure from the official website www.amrita.edu .
Application forms can be filled online and can be obtained by post from the university. Aspirants will be required to enter general details about themselves and their educational qualifications.
The exam will comprise of multiple choice questions (MCQs). Each question will carry +3 marks; the total obtainable marks are 300.
The results for the test will be declared within 1 week of conducting the exam. Aspirants who qualify the exam will then have to attend the further admission rounds as per the schedule uploaded by Amrita Universit
AEEE 2018 Highlights Table
The aspirants must go through the highlights of AEEE 2018 carefully. The list of important details about the entrance test for the academic year of 2018-19 is given below:
|Date of AEEE 2018||3rd week of April 2018|
|Conducting body||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University|
|Mode of GMAT 2018||Offline and Online|
|Duration of GMAT 2018||2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Sections||3- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|Number of questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
AEEE is a portal for admitting students into various engineering programs. Amrita University is one of the top most private institutes in India. The courses offered in its campuses are:
|B Tech in Aerospace Engineering||B Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|B Tech in Chemical Engineering||B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|B Tech in Civil Engineering||B Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering||B Tech in Mechanical Engineering|
AEEE 2018 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure for AEEE 2018. Aspirants can refer to the official website www.amrita.edu . The tentative exam dates are given below:
|Commencement of online and offline Application||December 2017|
|Last date for submitting Application form||Last week of March 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of GSAT 2018 entrance exam||3rd week of April 2018 (Online) 4th week of April 2018 (Offline)|
|Declaration of result||1st week of May 2018|
|Counseling and spot admission||June 2018|
AIEEE 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for AEEE 2018 is as set up by the Amrita University. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of India to appear for AEEE 2018.
Age: Aspirants must be born on or after July 1, 1997.
- Aspirants from CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board:
To secure admission in B. Tech courses, candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with an aggregate 60% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The subject wise aggregate in the above subjects should be not less than 55%.
- Aspirants from board other than CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board:
Students who have studied under a system different from CBSE/ ICSE or State Board must secure preferably 'A' grade (or equivalent) in 'A' level examination or its equivalent. Students who have taken Advance Placement Courses will have preference. Candidates should have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as their subjects in Grade 11 and Grade 12.
Admission Procedure for NRI Applicants
NRI, PIO and Foreign candidates are exempted from appearing in the examination. However, NRI- Sponsored candidates (those who are pursuing 10+2 education in India but whose either parent is an NRI) are required to appear in the entrance test.
Interested applicants need to register their names and choice of branch, campus with the Directorate of Corporate and Industry Relations (CIR) by filling Student Information Form (SIF) and payment of US $ 300 by a Demand Draft in favor of ‘Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham’.
AEEE 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply for AEEE 2018 by the online as well as offline mode. Online forms will be available on the official AEEE website. The offline forms can be procured from the list of sales outlets available on the website, from the University Counter of Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore campus and also by post by paying the requisite fees of INR 1000/-.
The registration process will start from December 2017. Aspirants who wish to apply via the online mode can follow the simple steps given below to fill the form:
Step 1: Registration
- To register for AEEE 2018, applicants should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Mobile Phone Number, School last studied, Mode of AEEE-2017 examination, Test Centre, etc. and press Submit button.
- They will have an option of editing the data entered. After carefully going through the data, they must select ‘I Confirm’. The data once confirmed cannot be modified.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- Students must then proceed to upload Photograph and Signature as per the specifications given in the brochure.
- The dimensions of the scanned images should be 3.5cm x 4.5cm and the size should be between 5- 20 KB.
- Select the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before ‘Final Submit’.
Step 3: Payment of Fees
- Applicants must then proceed to pay the requisite fees which can be done through both online and offline mode.
Step 4: Confirmation of Application
- Candidates must print out their complete application form once the transaction is done. This page will be required for further rounds of admission.
AEEE 2018 Application Fees
The application process will be considered complete only after paying the requisite fees. Fees can be paid via both the online and offline method. The application fee is INR 1000/- regardless of the category the applicant belongs to. Candidates who have obtained the application form from the University or by post must pay the fees through a Demand Draft drawn in the favor of ‘Amrita School of Engineering’ payable at Coimbatore. They must write down B Tech Application, their name and phone number on the backside of the DD.
Aspirants who fill the online application form can also pay via DD following the same procedure mentioned above. They can also pay the application fee via Credit/ Debit card and Net Banking.
AEEE 2018 Hall Ticket
AEEE 2018 Hall Ticket will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam around 2nd week of April 2018. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of Amrita University. No student will receive the admit cards by post.
Hall ticket should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counseling, duly signed by the exam invigilator. The admit card will contain details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address. It is an important document of the exam and no student will be granted entry into the exam hall without it.
Follow these steps to download AEEE 2018 Admit Card:
- Log on to the official website of Amrita University.
- Go to the login page. Enter Application number/ email ID and Date of Birth. Click on ‘Login’.
- Admit card will appear. Download it and print it out 2 copies of it.
AEEE 2018 Exam Center
AEEE 2018 will be conducted in a number of cities in all states across India. Aspirants will be allowed to choose 2 cities for Offline test and 3 cities for Online test as their preferred centers. They will have to fill up the city code in the application form accordingly. The organizing body will allot a center to the applicants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance.
Pen and paper based test will be available only in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala. The online exam only will be available in all the other cities.
AEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
AEEE 2018 will be of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration and there will be one question paper containing 100 objective questions (MCQs) in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Each question will be followed by 4 alternative options as answers, out of which one is correct.
For every correct answer, +3 marks will be awarded. For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score. No marks will be deducted if no response is indicated in the answer sheet against a question. If more than one answer is indicated against a question, it will be considered as an ‘incorrect answer’ and negative marking will be applicable accordingly. Any request for revaluation, re-checking or re-totaling will not be entertained.
|Subject||Weightage||Marks||Total no. of Questions||Total Marks|
AEEE 2018 Result
Amrita University B Tech 2018 Results will be declared within 1 week of conducting the exam. The AEEE 2018 result results will be declared on the official website of the university. They will be released in the form of score cards. Candidates can download their results by accessing their registered accounts. This can be done by following these few easy steps:
- Log on to the official website.
- Click on ‘B Tech Admission’ and select the option of ‘Result’.
- Enter the registration number, date of birth and security code as given. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The result will appear in the form of score card. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
Amrita University will publish a merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the declaration of results. Applicants can expect this list by the 2nd week of May 2018. They will be given AEEE 2018 Ranks according to the marks secured by them in the entrance test. The merit list will contain the names of aspirants in order of ranks secured by them.
AEEE 2018 Counselling
AEEE 2018 Counselling Process will start around June 2018. It will be held in the university’s campuses of Amritapuri, Bengaluru and Coimbatore. The students short-listed via the merit list must attend the counselling session for admission in the various courses offered by Amrita University. They will be issued call letters by the university which should be printed out and brought to the counselling center. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on their official website.
Aspirants must attend the session according to the time and date allotted to them. They must be present in person for the counselling procedure along with a parent or guardian and can attend it in any of the above mentioned campuses. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of course and campus as chosen by the applicant. The counseling process will take place in the following way:
- The counseling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the 3 campuses of Amrita University simultaneously.
- Students will have to fill a preference form.
- They will be offered seats based on merit and preference of course as chosen by them. Counselling will also include verification of documents and scrutiny of certificates.
- Each aspirant also has to pay INR 10,000/- as counseling fees which are non-refundable.
- If the student wishes to accept the seat offered, he must pay the requisite fees of INR 50,000/- as tuition fees at the time of counseling otherwise his admission will be cancelled and the seat will be offered to the next eligible applicant. The remaining fees should be paid at the institute allotted to him within a stipulated time.
Verification of documents is an important step in counseling. Applicants must produce the documents specified in the call letter. The additional documents required at the time of counseling are given below:
- 10th Class Certificate to prove Date of Birth
- Marks statement of Class 12th
- AEEE 2018 Hall Ticket and Class 12th Hall ticket
- Transfer Certificate from Institute last attended
- Caste certificate (if applicable)