ACJ Entrance Exam 2018
ACJ (Asian College of Journalism) Entrance Examination 2018 is conducted to admit eligible candidates to postgraduate courses in the field of Journalism. It is a national level examination conducted every year in the month of May.
- Entrance examination is not the only medium of candidate’s selection they are also supposed to appear in Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds before they are admitted to college.
- Only those students are eligible for admissions that possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- For appearing in the Entrance examination, students have to successfully fill and submit the application form. Students can obtain the application form through both the Online and Offline mode.
- Before appearing in the entrance examination, students have to download their admit card from the official website of college by entering their registered email Id and Password.
- There is a total number of 17 exam centres located in different cities of India where the entrance examination is conducted.
- ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 is divided into two parts. The First part is conducted to evaluate students on the basis of their English language skills and in second part General Knowledge of the candidate is tested.
- ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Result will be declared by the authorities on the official website of the college.
- All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling which is comprised of personal interview and group discussion round.
- ACJ Entrance exam is conducted in two sessions i.e. Morning and Afternoon.
- The various postgraduate courses offered by the college are such as Reporting, Writing & Editing, and Tools of the Modern Journalist, Key Issues in Journalism, Media Perspectives, The Media, and Law & Society.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of ACJ Entrance Exam 2018||May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Asian College of Journalism Chennai|
|Mode of ACJ Entrance Exam 2018||Online Mode|
|Duration of ACJ Entrance Exam||3 hours 30 Minutes (2 hour for English Subject and 1 hour 30 minutes for General Knowledge subject)|
|Eligibility||Must possess Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|Courses Offered||Reporting, Writing and Editing, Tools of the Modern Journalist, Key Issues in Journalism, Media Perspectives, The Media, Law and Society.|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Dates
All the important dates related to the various examination events are published on the official website. Candidates must keep their eyes on the website to get the latest updates. The following table shows all the important exam dates:
|Due Date of submission of Application form||April 2018|
|ACJ Entrance Test date||May 2018|
|Personal Interview Date||June 2018|
|Final Result for Admission||June 2018|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility
Students must check the eligibility criteria before appearing in the entrance examination. If the eligibility criteria did not match, then the candidature will be disqualified. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen
- Student’s age should not be more than 30 years
- Students must possess Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Those who are waiting for their degree exam results are also eligible for ACJ admission 2018 but they should provide their degree certificate by the end of February 2018.
- Students should provide their degree certificate to the Registrar within the first week of commencement of classes.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form
Those students who have successfully filled and submitted the application form are eligible for admission in the college. Students can fill the application form either by online mode or through offline mode. Online application form is available on the official website of the college.
On the other hand, the offline application form can be downloaded from the college official website. Both the modes are explained as below:
- Visit the official website of Asian Media
- On the website home page, search for the application form link
- Click on the ACJ Application form link
- Fill the application form by entering all the required details
- Once the form is filled, students have to pay the application fee of amount INR 1500 through the payment gateway.
- Those who are filling the application form for Business and Financial Journalism need to pay the application fees of amount INR 2500.
- Students can pay the online application fees through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
- Students have to send the 2 passport size photographs (25mm X 35mm) along with the filled in application form at the following address.
- Visit the official website of Asian Media in order to download offline application form
- Students have to fill all the details in the application form correctly
- Now students have to send the filled in application form along with the application fees at the below-mentioned address.
- The offline application fees must be paid by Demand Draft. The DD should be drawn in favour of “Media Development Foundation” payable at Chennai.
- The DD should have the full name as well as the address of the candidate written on the back side of DD.
Both the online and offline filled in application forms along with the 2 passport size photographs (25mm X 35mm) and application fees must be sent at the following address:
Asian College of Journalism
Second Main Road,
(Behind M.S Swaminathan Research Foundation)
Taramani, Chennai - 600 113, India
91-44-22542840 / 22542842 – 47, 91-44-65752840
Fax – 91-44-22542839
Email – email@example.com
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Application Fee
|Course||ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Application Fee|
|Business and Financial Journalism||INR 2500|
|All other course||INR 1000|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card is a very important document. Without admit card students cannot appear for the entrance examination. All the students who are taking part in entrance examination can download the admit card before the commencement of the entrance examination. Admit card contains the student’s personal information as well as examination details.
Following is the list of details published on ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Signature
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Test related information
- Test Address
- Test Time
- Test Date
- Counselling related information
Students must follow the below steps in order to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of Asian Media
- Students have to click on the link to Download Admit Card
Candidates have to follow below steps after clicking on the Download Admit card Link:
- Enter the application number sent to the candidate through SMS/ Text message to candidate’s mobile number
- Enter Date of birth given on the application form.
Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Center
Students can choose the examination center according to their preference at the time of filling the application form. Once the examination centre is selected cannot be edited later. But final examination centre will be allocated to the candidate depending upon the number of applications received for admission from a particular region.
The following table shows the location of the exam centre for ACJ admissions:
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Exam Pattern for PG Diploma in Journalism and PG Diploma in BFJ courses is mentioned below:
Exam Pattern for PG Diploma in Journalism
- The entrance examination is conducted in two sessions i.e. Morning and Afternoon.
- Entrance examination pattern is divided into two parts i.e. part one and part two.
- Part one is conducted to evaluates the student’s performance on the basis of their English Language Skills
- On the other hand, the second part is evaluated on the basis of student’s awareness in current affairs and general knowledge of the candidate.
- Time duration to complete the part one exam is 2 hours whereas time duration to complete the part two exam is 1 hour 20 minutes.
Exam Pattern for PG Diploma in Business and Financial Journalism
|Exam Session||Subject||Duration||Total Marks|
|Afternoon||General Knowledge||1:30 hours||100|
- In this BFJ course, the questions will be asked from the subjects like English Language skills and facility, current affairs and general knowledge and basic Maths.
- A question will be asked wherein candidates have to write 200 word essay on given subject
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Maximum Marks||200 marks (100 marks for English subject and 100 marks for General knowledge subject)|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours 30 Minutes (2 hour for English Subject and 1 hour 30 minutes for General Knowledge subject)|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Syllabus
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Syllabus has not been specified by the college. Asian College of Journalism official website informs that 60%-65% questions asked in Part B entrance exam paper comprise questions related to current affairs of past one year.
After knowing the syllabus, students can clear the entrance examination with better marks. Applicants are advised not to leave any of the topics from the syllabus.
The following table shows the subject name along with all the important topics:
|English||Correct misspelt words|
|Make sentences using words|
|General Knowledge||Scientific discoveries|
|Space exploration – e.g. Cassini-Huygens|
|Economics (understanding of terms like GDP)|
|New Media Terms (What is an I-pad?)|
|Identifying people who have been in the news in the past year|
|Events or people associated with the 1857 revolution,|
|Events or people associated with Gandhi and the Freedom Struggle|
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Result
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Result are expected to be declared on June 7, 2018. The result will show the names of the candidates shortlisted for admission on the college official website. After the completion of the examination, the result will be declared.
Students shortlisted for admission need to pay the first instalment of fees as per date and time mentioned by ACJ admission council. Candidates ACJ entrance exam result are also sent on their registered email ID.
By following below steps, students can check ACJ entrance exam Result:
- Visit the official website of the college
- Search and click for ACJ PGD Result 2018 link
- Enter the required details such as Registration Number and Password
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take the printout of the result for future reference.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Cut Off
Cut off marks are the minimum marks required to score by the candidate in order to qualify entrance examination. After the declaration of the result, the college released entrance examination cut off. Those students who have selected more than the cut off marks will be shortlisted for further selection process.
On the basis of the cut off marks, the merit list will be prepared. Students will be ranked in the merit list on the basis of their cut off marks. Students having marks less than the cut off marks are not eligible for admission in the college.
Cut off marks is decided on some of the following factors which are as below:
- Number of candidates appeared in the exam
- Number of seats for allotment
- Reservation Norms
- Previous year Admission trend
- Last year cut off
- Difficulty level of the exam.
ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 Counselling
All the students who have successfully cleared ACJ Entrance Exam 2018 will be called for counselling. Students must be physically present at the time of counselling else the seat will be allocated to other candidates.
Counselling consists of Personal Interview round and Group Discussion round. Students will be called for an interview at Asian College of Journalism as per scheduled by the college.
Students must bring the following list of documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Graduate mark sheet and certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of ACJ Entrance Exam 2018
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC
- Self-attested photocopies of all the documents
- In case result is awaited, evidence of appearing in qualifying exams
- Date of Birth Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College