AAU VET 2018
AAU VET 2018 will be conducted tentatively in June, 2018. AAU VET (Assam Agricultural University Veterinary Entrance Test) is conducted every year by the AAU (Assam Agricultural University). AAU VET 2018 will be held in Jorhat, Guwahati and Biswanath Chariali.
- Candidates can appear for this exam after passing their 10+2 examination.
- Applicants must be a resident of Assam for applying in this examination.
- AAU VET 2018 Application Form will be available from April 2018 on the official website of AAU.
- The application fee for AAU VET 2018 is INR 1100.
- The duration of AAU VET 2018 is 2 hours. It is a pen and paper based examination.
- 150 MCQs (Multiple choice questions) will be asked from Biology, Chemistry and Physics sections.
AAU VET 2018 enables deserving candidates to get admission into the various undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D programs of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry at Assam Agricultural University.
AAU VET 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates interested in appearing for AAU VET 2018 must know all the important exam dates so that they can apply for the examination on time. The important dates of AAU VET 2018 are listed in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||April 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form||End of May 2018|
|Availability of admit card||First week of June 2018|
|Date of examination||Third week of June 2018|
|Publication of merit list||Fourth week of June 2018|
This is the tentative schedule for AAU VET 2018. The official dates have not yet been released by the Assam Agricultural University. Candidates are advised to keep checking the official website of AAU (www.aau.ac.in) to stay updated on all news and notifications related to AAU VET 2018.
AAU VET 2018 Eligibility
Candidates interested in appearing for AAU VET 2018 should first check if they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for applying in the entrance examination. Applicants have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for applying in AAU VET 2018.
The eligibility criteria for AAU VET 2018 are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics and English as main subjects.
- Candidates can only apply if they have the certificate of permanent residence of Assam.
- Wards of Para-military/defence personnel who are posted in Assam for at least one year can apply for AAU VET 2018.
- The minimum age of candidates should be 17 years and the maximum age of candidates should be 25 years, on or before December 31, 2018.
- For candidates under SC, ST and OBC categories, a relaxation of age by a maximum 5 years will be there.
AAU VET 2018 Application Form
Candidates should first read the information brochure available on the official website of AAU to check eligibility and reservation category, etc. Interested and eligible candidates must submit AAU VET 2018 Application Form before the last date. The application form will be available on the official website of AAU from April 2018.
The steps to fill and submit AAU VET 2018 Application Form are listed below:
- Visit the official website of Assam Agricultural University (www.aau.ac.in).
- Register by entering your name, date of birth, email ID and phone number. The login ID will be sent to candidates via email.
- Log in by using your user ID and Password.
- Fill AAU VET 2018 Application Form online.
- Enter your personal and educational qualification details in the application form.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph (3cm X 4cm) in jpeg format along with scanned signature (3cm X 1cm) in jpeg format.
- Upload your educational certificates and certificate of residence of Assam.
- Verify if all the details furnished in the application form are accurate.
- Submit the application form.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1100 through online payment gateway.
- Acknowledgement of successful online registration will be sent to candidates via email or SMS.
Candidates must keep in mind that no correction can be done on their AAU VET 2018 Application Form once they have submitted the application form and have paid the application fee. The application fee of AAU VET 2018 is non-refundable.
AAU VET 2018 Admit Card
AAU VET 2018 Admit Card will be issued online by AAU in June 2018, ten to fifteen days before the entrance examination. If candidates fail to show their admit card to the invigilator at the exam center, they will not be permitted to give the examination. Admit card is the mandatory document without which candidates cannot appear for AAU VET 2018. The steps to download AAU VET 2018 admit card is listed below:
- Visit the official website of AAU (www.aau.ac.in).
- Click on the link that says “VET 2018 Admit Card”.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can download the admit card.
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on “submit” button.
- Your AAU VET 2018 Admit Card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the admit card.
In case of any discrepancy, you must immediately contact the conducting authority of the entrance examination. Candidates can contact by sending an email at email@example.com or via telefax: 0376-2340001.
The exam day instructions will be printed on the back of the admit card. Candidates must follow all the rules mentioned on the admit card so that they do not face any problems on the day of AAU VET 2018. Apart from carrying the hard copy of the admit card, candidates also need to carry one of the following documents to the exam center as identity proof:
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
Candidates are advised to keep the admit card safely with them after the examination till the process of admission is over.
AAU VET 2018 Exam Center
The exam center of AAU VET 2018 will be clearly mentioned on the admit card of candidates. There are only three exam centers for AAU VET 2018. All the three exam centers are located in Assam. They are as follows:
- Biswanath Chariali
Candidates can choose the exam center of their preference while filling AAU VET 2018 Application Form. Once the exam center is allocated to candidates by AAU, it won’t be altered. The conducting authority will not entertain any request for changing the exam center.
Candidates need to reach the exam center with their admit card and ID proof at least thirty minutes before the examination starts. Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic devices in the examination hall.
AAU VET 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who will be appearing in AAU VET 2018 examination must know the exam pattern so that they can be well prepared on the day of the examination. AAU VET is a pen and paper based examination. The highlight of AAU VET 2018 Exam Pattern is listed in the table below:
|AAU VET 2018 Exam Pattern|
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and paper based)|
|Duration of examination||2 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Number of sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark will be awarded to candidates for every right answer|
|Negative marking||-0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.|
The subjects covered under AAU VET 2018 are Biology (Zoology and Botany), Chemistry and Physics. The division of marks is listed in the table below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Biology (Zoology and Botany)||60||60|
Candidates must devote time to all the three subjects in order to score well in the entrance examination. In the biology section, 30 questions will be asked from Zoology and 30 questions will be asked from Botany
AAU VET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of AAU VET 2018 comprises topics from Biology (Zoology and Botany), Chemistry and Physics subjects. The syllabus of the subjects will be of 10+2 level. Candidates can solve previous year question papers of AAU VET 2018 for scoring well in the examination. Candidates can also solve mock tests to improve their time management skills.
AAU VET 2018 Result
The merit list of AAU VET 2018 will be published in the fourth week of June 2018. Candidates can check their AAU VET 2018 Results by visiting the official website of the university. The steps to check the result are listed below:
- Visit the official website of AAU (www.aau.ac.in).
- Click on the link that says “VET Result 2018”.
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Login using your user ID and password.
- Now, enter your hall ticket number.
- AAU VET 2018 Result will appear on your computer screen in pdf format.
- Download and take a printout of the result.
AAU VET 2018 Result will be required during counselling.
AAU VET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks for AAU VET 2018 will be published by AAU on the official website during the announcement of results. Candidates can understand if they have qualified for further admission process by checking the cut off marks prescribed by the university.
AAU VET 2018 Counselling
Candidates who have qualified in AAU VET 2018 will be called for counselling by AAU. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible to attend the counselling. The documents that candidates need to carry on the day of counselling are as follows:
- Mark sheet and certificate of 10+2
- Permanent resident certificate of Assam
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- AAU VET 2018 Admit Card
- AAU VET 2018 Scorecard
- Passport size photographs
The final admission will be on the basis of merit of candidates, reservation policy and availability of seats.