XAT Results were declared on January 25, 2017, by XLRI Jamshedpur. Candidates can visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in to check the same. They must enter their Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window to access XAT Results.
Here are the key points about XAT Results:
- XAT Score will be valid for one year only.
- The score card will contain a candidate’s overall as well as sectional percentile.
- XAT Cut off is also released along with the result.
- The overall cut off for BM was 96, 92.55 for HR and 22 & above for GMP.
- All candidates who perform well in XAT and also secure the minimum set cut off marks, will proceed to further selection stages (Group Discussion, Personal Interview or Written Ability Test).
- XAT score will be considered for admission to both, part time and full time MBA programs.
XAT 2017 was successfully conducted on January 8, 2017. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) is the body responsible for conducting XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) and releasing the cut off each year. All qualifying candidates can seek admission in XLRI and many other B-Schools in India. Check XLRI Selection Process
Highlights of XAT Results
|XAT Result will be declared on||January 25, 2017|
|Result will be declared by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|XAT Result will be declared at||www.xatonline.net.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text |
|Details on Score Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Course Name||Business Management (BM), Human Resources (HR) and General Management Program (GMP)|
|XLRI Interview Dates||February and March 2017|
How to Check XAT Results?
It must be noted that XAT Results will be declared online. No candidate will be able to obtain it by post or any other offline medium. However, the score cards will be sent by post. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check XAT Results from January 25, 2017 onwards. Here’s is how you can check your result:
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- Look of the link “XAT 2017- Score Card” on the top of the page.
- Log-in using your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text which was provided at the time of application.
- Click on the link “Download XAT Score Card”.
- Download the score card which is available in PDF format.
Note: The XAT 2017 result and score card is available for download for as long as the admission process. A candidate can download it anytime between this duration. He can login and save it later, whenever possible.
How are XAT Results Calculated?
- In XAT, each question carries 1 mark. For each wrong answe, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- A maximum of 12 questions can be left unasnswered. Post that, there is negative marking of 0.05 marks.
- As per XAT Exam Pattern, the test has 2 parts- Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The scores of Paper 1 and Paper 2 are calculated differently and will also be mentioned under separate sections in the XAT score cards. The percentage or percentile of GK will be calculated separately and not included in total percentage or percentile.
XAT Score vs Percentile
Here’s the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2017. OA stands for Overall Aggregate.
- 51.26 OA → 99.751 percentile
- 47.12 OA → 99.278 percentile
- 45.64 OA → 98.896 percentile
- 42.82 OA → 97.891 percentile
- 40.83 OA → 96.842 percentile
XAT Score Card
XAT score card is a very important document that must be safely preserved. It contains the marks obtained by a candidate in different section of XAT. Based on the marks scored, candidates will be shortlisted for further selection rounds. It must be noted that the original XAT Score Card will be sent through post at the registered address of the candidate.
Following are the details that are mentioned on XAT score card:
- Name of the candidate
- Exam date
- XAT ID
- Date of release of XAT result
- Percentages and Percentiles scored in different sections of XAT 2017
Here is how it looks:
XAT has three main sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Logical Ability and Decision Making. There is also a fourth section corresponding to General Knowledge. However, marks in GK are not considered while preparing the merit list.
Read about XAT 2017 Score Card Released
What after XAT Result?
- A GD/PI listed of shortlisted candidates will be released. All the shortlisted candidates will then be required to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit certain documents. They will have to book their interview slots and upload self profile assessment & video.
- The interviews at XLRI will be held in February and March 2017.
- Each college will declare its separate cut off and selection process.
- All qualifying candidates can seek admission in any one of the 137 premium B-schools throughout the country. These include 11 member institutes of XAMI, listed below:
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- XISS Ranchi
- XIM Jabalpur
- XIM&R Mumbai
- XIM&E Bangalore
- XIM Bhubaneshwar
- St. Aloysius Institute
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- SFIMR Mumbai
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore
- LIBA Chennai
XAT 2017 Cut Off
- XAT Cut off varies for different programmes for different institutes.
- Apart from XLRI, the other participating institutes of XAT do not declare the XAT cutoffs officially.
- All candidates who clear XAT and score the minimum required cut off will proceed to further rounds of selection.
- Candidates must clear the sectional as well as overall cut off to be considered pass.
- The selection criteria to shortlist candidates can include GD, PI and Essay Writing. These too vary institute-wise.
The below tables describes the percentile required for different programmes of XLRI:
|Programme Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall|
|Human Resource Management||79.67||71.628||70.07||92.55|
|Global Management Programme||5 and above||5 and above||6 and above||22 and above|
Read about XAT Cut off
How to Apply for Institutes Accepting XAT Score
Candidates who have appeared for XAT can apply for the institutes accepting XAT score. Steps to apply for admission to MBA/PGDM degree of the member institutes of XAMI are mentioned below:
- Register for XAT 2017 by visiting the official website.
- Obtain complete details about the admission process from the official website of the institute or their administrative office.
- Follow the specified registration or application procedure.
XAT participating colleges will be offering admission into their post graduate management programmes to those candidates who have cleared the XAT cutoff and the GDPI rounds successfully and whose names are present in the final shortlist published on the website.
Result for shortlisted candidates for further rounds of GDPI
- After the first round of XAT 2017, based on the cut-offs, the list of the shortlisted candidates for the next round of GDPI will be prepared.
- A very important point to be noted is that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its needs.
- XLRI does not play any sort of role in the selection of the applicants in these institutes.
- The candidates shortlisted for GD/PIwill also be intimated individually.