XAT 2018- Xavier Aptitude Test
XAT is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur, for candidates seeking admission to MBA courses. XAT 2018 is scheduled in the first week of January 2018. Nearly, 90,000 candidates appear for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) each year and the selected students are granted admission to approximately 150 B-Schools.
Listed below are some quick points related to XAT 2018:
- The official XAT 2018 Notification is expected to release in July 2017.
- As per XAT Eligibility, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree to appear for XAT.
- Registration for XAT 2018 will begin from August 2017 onwards.
- Applicants can fill XAT Application Form on the official website i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in Written Test and Group Discussion/ Personal Interview.
Candidates who successfully clear the final XAT Cut off, will be given a seat as per merit. Last year, XAT 2017 Cut off for BM was 96, 92.55 for HR and 22 & above for GMP.
Highlights of XAT 2018
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|Conducting Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Minimum Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Group Discussion/ Personal Interview|
|Number of Test Takers||90,000|
|XAT Helpline Number||+91 657 665 3203/ 3204/ 3205|
What is XAT Exam?
Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level management entrance exam. Through this exam, a candidate’s aptitude in management field is tested.
- XAT exam is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur
- It is a pen-paper based exam i.e. the exam is conducted in offline mode
- The exam will have objective and subjective type of questions
- XAT Scores are used by more than 100 B-schools across India.
- The difficulty level of exam is Moderate
Who can take XAT Exam?
- Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or Institute
- Candidates in the final year of their graduation can also apply for XAT.
- Also, there is no defined cut off for applying to management exam, but it is important to score passing percentage in graduation
XAT 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the following table to know the complete schedule of XAT 2018:
|XAT 2018 Notification will release in||4th week of July 2017|
|XAT 2018 Application Form will be available from||3rd week of August 2017|
|Last date to submit XAT 2018 Application Form||4th week of November 2017|
|Availability of XAT 2018 Admit Card||3rd week of December 2017|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||First Sunday of January 2018|
|Official Answer Keys will release in||3rd week of January 2018|
|Release of XAT 2018 OMR Sheet & Score Card||3rd week of January 2018|
|Announcement of XAT 2018 Result||4th week of January, 2018|
Latest MBA Application Forms Available
XAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for XAT 2018 should carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for XAT requires candidates to meet the below-mentioned criteria:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration or equivalent from a recognized authority in any discipline.
- Those appearing in the final year examination of their graduation degree in June 2018 are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- Candidates who did graduation in 1980’s with a 2-year bachelor's degree are not eligible.
- There are no minimum aggregate marks criteria for appearing in XAT 2018.
- NRI and Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply on the basis of the GMAT Scorecard (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates).
- There is no age limit.
Read details about XAT Eligibility
XAT 2018 Application Form
- The application form of XAT 2018 will be released by XLRI Jamshedpur in August 2017.
- Applicants can fill XAT Application Form on the official website i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- The forms of eligible candidates will only be accepted.
- XAT Registration primarily involves five steps - Registration, Application Form Filling, Uploading Documents, Payment of Fee, and Submitting Form. They are described below:
Step 1- Registration- The first step requires you to visit the official website and register using your personal details. You will receive a unique ID and Password to complete further process.
Step 2- Fill Application Form- Here, you must fill-in your personal and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and exam center.
Step 3- Fee Payment- Here, candidates will be required to pay the requisite application fee in either online or offline mode. The Application Fee for XAT is INR 1600/- (INR 2000/- if you pay late fee) for all categories.
Step 4- Upload Documents- Candidates will be required to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature
Step 5- Confirmation Page- Post previewing all the filled data, you will receive a confirmation page.
Note- All the candidates who have paid XAT Application Feethrough Demand Draft must send a copy of confirmation page besides the Demand Draft within 15 days from the date of issuance of demand draft. The contact details are provided below:
Circuit House Area (East},
Jamshedpur – 83100
Fill here XAT Application Form
XAT 2018 Admit Card
- XAT Admit card will be available from December 2017 onwards.
- It will be available to only those candidates whose applications get accepted.
- Admit Card for XAT can be retrieved through online mode only. You can download it from xatonline.net.in.
- XLRI will not send the XAT Admit card via email or courier to any candidates.
- Admit Card is a mandatory document that must be preserved till the admission process. Admit Card must all time be supported with a valid photo id issued by the government of India.
How to download XAT Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of XAT.
- Click on “Download XAT 2018 Admit Card” link
- Enter your XAT Registration ID and XAT password or your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YY format.
- Download your admit card which will be available in PDF format
- Obtain multiple hard copies for further use.
Discrepancy in XAT Admit Card
Candidates must carefully go through the details on the Admit Card of XAT before downloading and taking print out of the same. In the case of any error or discrepancy in the information, candidates should immediately contact the XAT office address mentioned below:
Admission Office, XLRI,
Circuit House Area (East),
Check details of XAT Admit Card
XAT 2018 Exam Centers
Last year, XAT was conducted in 47 cities across India and in two international cities in Dubai and Kathmandu. This year too, it is expected to be conducted in around 50 cities. XLRI Jamshedpur, the conducting body will aim to increase the number of XAT Exam Centers to make it more convenient and accessible for the XAT 2018 applicants.
|XAT Exam Centers|
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- XAT 2018 will be held in January 2018.
- It is an offline or Pen and Paper Based Test.
- The XAT Question paper will be set in the English Language. It consists of 2 parts (A & B)
- In total, there are 78 questions in Part A and 25 questions in Part B.
- Part A contains 3 sections – Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation while Part B contains questions on General Knowledge and an essay.
Here are some quick highlights of XAT Exam Pattern:
|PART||SECTION NAME||NO. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL TIME||NEGATIVE MARKING|
|Part A||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||170 minutes||-0.25 for each incorrect answer|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||40 minutes||No negative marking|
Get more information on XAT Exam Pattern
XAT 2018 Syllabus
XAT Syllabus contains questions from Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making, General Knowledge and a question on Essay Writing. The exam has 2 papers and the syllabus for XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is different for both the papers. Although there is no official XAT Syllabus declared by XLRI, but it is generally based on past years’ pattern.
Paper 1: XAT Paper 1 consists of objective type questions based on Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation. Paper 1 of XAT is allotted 3 hours to attempt all 78 questions.
Paper 2: XAT Paper 2 contains questions from General Knowledge and an essay. It is a subjective paper. There will be a total of 30 questions with half an hour of time allotted to this paper. There is no negative marking in thissection.
Check Detailed XAT Syllabus
XAT Preparation Books
|Target XAT Simplified by Disha Experts||Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma|
|Jabbing the XAT with solved papers by R.K. Jha||General Knowledge by Manohar Panday|
|XAT XLRI – MBA Entrance Exam A/4 by Chandresh Agarwal||Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arun Sharma|
|Concepts of number for XAT and other quantitative exams by Gajendra Kumar||Verbal ability for XAT by Ajay Singh|
|Target new XAT – Past papers and five mock papers||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma|
|XAT entrance test for MBA examination by Gautam Puri||Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma|
|XAT Xavier Aptitude Test solved sample papers by Gautam Puri||The hand on guide to analytical reasoning and logical reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj|
XAT 2018 Results
- XAT Results will be declared in January 2018 by XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Candidates can visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in to check the same.
- They must enter their Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window to access XAT Results.
- XAT Score Card will contain the rank and marks obtained by candidates.
- XAT Scores will be valid for one year only.
- All candidates who clear XAT 2018 will proceed towards subsequent selection rounds- GD/PI.
Read more about XAT Results
XAT 2018 Cutoff
- XAT Cutoff varies for different programs offered by different institutes.
- The cutoff for XAT would include the minimum percentile to be scored by each candidate in the exam.
- On the basis of XAT cut off, candidates will be shortlisted for further GD, PI and Essay writing round.
The below tables describes the percentile required for different programs of XLRI:
|Program Offered||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Decision Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall|
|Human Resource Management||79.67||71.628||70.07||92.55|
|Global Management Programme||5 and above||5 and above||6 and above||22 and above|
Read more about XAT Cut off
XAT 2018 Participating Institutes
- This year, XAT Score will be accepted by over 150 B-Schools across India.
- Last year, there were 156 XAT Participating Institutes in total. The number is expected to rise this year.
- The participating Institutes of XAT can be classified into two types, Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI) and non-XAMI.
- Last year, the number of XAMI was 11 and the non-XAMI was 145.
XAT 2018 Selection Criteria
Candidates will be shortlisted for GD/PI on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam and XAT cut off. Both GD (group discussion) and Personal Interview explained below.
- The groups are divided into groups of 8-15 participating candidates.
- All the groups are required to discuss on a topic usually for 15-20. Minutes.
- The topics for XLRI GD would consist of topics related to current affairs, politics, social issues such as women’s rights and emancipation, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, education or business in India.
- Candidates are required to appear for the personal interview if they get shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Group Discussion.
- The questions in the Personal Interview round are centered aroundcandidates’ background, academics, achievements and motivation behind going for an MBA.
- The panel of jury members set up for this round aim to determine the communication skills, confidence and ability to think under pressure among the candidates.
The score for the final selection of the candidates would be calculated by assigning weight to different components such as XAT 2018 score, GD, PI, Essay Writing, Previous academic records, work experience, and overall profile of the candidate. The weight of these different components in XLRI is provided in the table below. It applies over all the programs offered by XLRI.
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-ex, video||15%|
XAT 2018 FAQs
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage as Graduation and PG.
Ques. How do I calculate the aggregate marks for CBSE /SSC? Is it the best 5 or all the subjects?
Ans. The candidate should take the aggregate of all the subjects for 10th.
Ques. Does internship/Articleship count as work experience?
Ans. No, these are not counted as work experience
Ques. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
Ques. How is past academic performance considered in the selection process?
Ans. XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates' academic competence will be evaluated holistically by XLRI based on candidates' performance in the interview, group discussion, and XAT written test.
Ques. How can I download the REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE?
Ans. You can log in to xatonline.net.in to download the confirmation page.
Ques. Can I edit the information given by me?
Ans. You are allowed to edit your information only once till November 20, 2017. Once edited you will not be allowed to make any further edits.
Ques. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Ans. Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your XAT ID, date of payment, card holders name and the credit/debit card details (first four & last four digits and card expiry date).
Ques. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Ans. Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined. If you encounter any such problems, we suggest you make the payment by Cash Mode through any branch of IDBI Bank.