WBJEE- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
WBJEE is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) each year. It is held for admission to undergraduate programs in engineering, architecture, and pharmacy in West Bengal. WBJEE Answer Key 2017 is declared. Check WBJEE Answer Key 2017, Question Paper and Analysis
- Candidates now await WBJEE Result. It is expected to be out on June 5, 2017.
- Candidates can visit the official webste of WBJEE i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in to check WBJEE Result.
- Result for WBJEE can be accessed using your roll number, date of birth, and captcha code shown on the screen.
- While admissions to medical courses will be done through NEET, other streams will release their independent Cut offs.
- The marks obtained by a candidate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combined will decide his selection in a particular course.
- Candidates must clear WBJEE Cutoff, to be eligible for participating in the counselling rounds. It is expected to begin in June.
Read about WBJEE 2017 Expected Cut off Ranks
- WBJEE Mock Counselling will start from May 15 – 30, 2017. Candidates can check out the details of Help Centers. Click Here
- During WBJEE Counselling 2017, candidates will be required to register themselves separately on the official site of WBJEEB and pay a registration fee of INR 500/-. Candidates will have to fill their choices and lock them.
- After the declaration of seat allotment results on the official website, candidates will be required to report for verification of documents and provisional admission.
WBJEE 2017 was successfully held on April 23. It was held in offline mode in 22 exam centres across the state. A total of 36,000 seats are expected to be filled in 104 participating colleges of WB JEE 2017.
WBJEE Exam Highlights
|Name of Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||April 23, 2017|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|No. of Seats Available||Approx 3600|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
More insights on WBJEE
Geographical Diversity- Most of the candidates appearing for WBJEE belong the Eastern region (46%) of India. The least number of students appear from the North-Eastern region, which is nearly 1% only. For more details, refer to the below chart.
Academic Performance of followers of WBJEE- The below graph explains the academic performance of followers of WBJEE. The data has been collected from students of class 10 and 12. The maximum followers belong to class 10 (52%), with and academic performance between 86-95%. This means that candidates from this range search for WBJEE the most and follow it regularly.
WBJEE 2017 Exam Date
WBJEE was conducted on April 23, 2017. Now, candidates await WBJEE Result which is expected to be out on June 5, 2017. All other essential dates for WBJEE 2017 are given below.
|Release of Information Brochure||December 28, 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Application Form will be available from||January 5, 2017|
|Last date to submit WBJEE Form is||February 4, 2017|
|Last date of Fee payment||February 4, 2017|
|Last date of printing the WBJEE 2017 Confirmation Page||February 4, 2017|
|WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction window||February 6 – February 8, 2017|
|WBJEE Admit Card 2017 will be available from||April 10, 2017|
|WBJEE Exam Date 2017|
April 23, 2017
|Declaration of WBJEE Result 2017||June 5, 2017 (Tentative)|
WBJEE Result 2017
WBJEE Result for this year will be declared on June 5, 2017. WBJEE Rank Card can be checked online on the official website. The marking scheme will form the basis of the WBJEE Result. Candidates can check the result for WBJEE 2017 by entering their roll number, date of birth, and captcha code shown on the screen.
There will be exclusive WBJEE merit lists for Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy courses, prepared by WBJEEB, post WBJEE Result. Candidates will be called for WBJEE counselling if they clear the minimum set cutoff for WBJEE 2017.
How to check WBJEE Result?
The steps to check the WB JEE Result have been given below:
- Visit the official website of WBJEE 2017 i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on the “WBJEE Result 2017” tab
- Enter WBJEE 2017 Roll number, Password and the captcha code.
- Download the WBJEE 2017 result shown on the screen
- Take the print out of the result.
WBJEE Cut Off
- WBJEE Cut off will decide the selection of the candidate in a particular course.
- Candidates must obtain the scores equivalent to the scores or ranks in the WBJEE Cut Off, to be eligible for WBJEE Counselling.
- The WBJEE 2017 Cut off List for Engineering courses will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The table below mentions the expected WBJEE 2017 Cut off List. It provides the candidates with the ranks corresponding to the marks obtained by the candidates:
|College Name||Opening rank||Closing rank|
|Bengal Engineering and Technology||832||43037|
|Institute of Engineering and Management||21||3596|
|Kalyani government engineering college||370||2528|
|Heritage Institute of technology||574||11495|
|Haldia Institute of Technology||481||31721|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering college||669||4106|
|RCC Institute of Engineering and Technology||2166||101554|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering college||2082||11987|
WBJEE Counselling 2017
Post declaration of WBJEE Result, candidates can apply for WBJEE Counselling 2017 in the last week of June 2017. The online registration process is the initial step for WBJEE Counselling. An additional counselling fee has to be paid by the candidates during online registration for WBJEE 2017 counselling. After that, candidates can fill their choices and institute preference.
Allocation of Seats for Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture Course through WBJEE Counselling
- 80% seats will be filled through marks scored in WBJEE 2017
- The available 10% Seats will be filled through the Joint Entrance Examination (i.e. JEE Main 2017)
- Remaining 10% seats will be considered under the Management Quota, as desired by the Institutions
WBJEE Reservation of Seats
WBJEEB has a provision of reserving certain number of seats in the participating colleges of WBJEE. These seats are reserved on the basis of a candidate’s category. Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B / PwD and who are a domicile of West Bengal will be eligible for the reserved seats. The reservation rules applicable in various WBJEE Participating Colleges are given below:
|Nature of Institute||Reservation Rules|
Concerned University Act/ Rules
Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal
As notified by concerned Institution Authority
WBJEE Seat Allotment
- Candidates must note that the seat allotment process for WBJEE will be held in three rounds.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of their rank and choice of college. Choice-filling will only be allowed in the first round of seat allotment.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates in the order of merit.
- It is important to report at the reporting centre in person to complete the WBJEE Admission formalities.
READ MORE ABOUT WBJEE 2017 Seat Allotment
WBJEE 2017 Application Form
Candidates can read the complete WBJEE 2017 Registration from the below steps. Candidates must cross-check the details entered in WBJEE Application Form and also verify the documents uploaded before submission.
- Visit the official website of WB JEE 2017
- Set security question and choose a password. The registration process will begin like this:
- Fill in details in WBJEE 2017 Application Form
- Application fee payment of INR 500 through debit/credit card or through Allahabad bank challan.
- Uploading documents such as photograph, signature, and category certificates.
- Generation and printing of confirmation page after final submission of the application form.
Read more about WBJEE 2017 Application Form
WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction
The WBJEE 2017 Application Form Correction was made from February 6- February 8, 2017. During this period, candidates could make corrections to the following details:
Date of birth
- Reservation category
- PwD (Persons with Disability) status
- TFW (Tuition Fee Waiver) status
Candidates who have registered for WBJEE 2017 can login with their Registration number and password to make the necessary corrections.
Candidates applying for WBJEE 2017 must make sure they fulfill the specified eligibility criteria of WBJEE. The important conditions are given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate must have a domicile of West Bengal
- Candidate must have passed with at least 50% marks in higher secondary examination with individual pass marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Candidate must be atleast 17 years of age as on December 31, 2017
Read more about WBJEE Eligibility
WBJEE Admit Card 2017
- WBJEE 2017 Admit Card was available from April 10, 2017 onwards.
- Candidates had to download it from the official website i.e. wbjeeb.nic.in.
- WBJEE Admit Card could be accessed by logging in with details like application form number, date of birth and security pin.
- A printed copy of the WBJEE Admit Card must be carried by candidates in the examination hall. It would be also required at the subsequent stages of the exam.
How to download WBJEE Admit Card?
The steps to download the WBJEE 2017 Admit Card are mentioned below:
- Visit the official site of WBJEE 2017 i.e. www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Candidates should enter their application form number, date of birth and security pin
- Check all the details carefull
- Download the WBJEE 2017 Admit Card
Read more about WBJEE Admit Card
Problem in downloading WBJEE Admit Card 2017
In case candidates face a problem in downloading the WBJEE Admit Ticket 2017 or they find a discrepancy in their admit card, it must be reported to the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) immediately. The contact details for the same are given below:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
Toll Free Number: 1800 345 0050
Phone: (033) 23671198
WBJEE 2017 Exam Centers
- WBJEE 2017 is held across multiple centers in West Bengal and also in Agartala, Tripura and Silchar, Assam.
- Candidates must indicate the choice of WBJEE 2017 Exam Centres by mentioning the same in WBJEE 2017 application form.
- Candidates must fill three centers in order of their preference.
- It is advised that applicants must be careful while selecting WBJEE 2017 Test Center among the 21 centers.
- Candidates are required to enter District and Zone codes of the exam center preference in the WBJEE 2017 Application Form.
- The decision of WBJEEB will be final. No request for change of WBJEE Exam Centre 2017 will be entertained.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
- WBJEE 2017 was held on April 23, 2017.
- The exam was conducted in two slots on the same day. Mathematics was held in morning while Physics & Chemistry took place in afternoon session.
- The exam was conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) in offline mode.
The below table represents the highlights of WBJEE Exam pattern:
|WBJEE Exam Pattern Highlights|
|WBJEE 2017 Exam Date||April 23, 2017|
Paper-I (Mathematics) – (11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry) – (2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
|Language of paper||English|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Number of sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
Correct answer- +1 marks
Incorrect answer- -0.25 marks
Subject-wise WBJEE Exam Pattern
The below table represents the subject-wise questions and marks in WBJEE 2017:
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Physics + Chemistry||40 each||100||2 hours|
Read more about WBJEE Exam Pattern
WBJEE 2017 Reference Books
The candidates may consider the following reference books to prepare for WBJEE 2017:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Pradeep Publications|
|Inorganic Chemistry||OP Aggarwal|
|Architecture Entrance Book||P.K Mishra|
|Problems Plus In IIT JEE Mathematics||A.Das Gupta|
|Arihant’s A Complete Self Study Guide||Arihant Publications|
|Organic Chemistry||LG WADE|
|12th NCERT Books||-|
WBJEE Question Papers
It is always advisable to practice the WBJEE Question Papers or Previous Years’ Papers as much as possible. They help give the candidate an idea about how the actual exam is going to be. Solving these papers in a set time will help you gather speed and accuracy.
READ MORE ABOUT WBJEE Question Papers
WBJEE Participating Institutes 2017
Candidates will be allotted one of the WBJEE Participating Institutes once they get a seat during WBJEE Counselling. Candidates will get admissions to the participating institutes based on the ranks secured in WBJEE 2017. For the academic year 2017-18, 104 colleges are participating in the state level entrance test for offering admissions to various undergraduate engineering programmes. There are 5 types of these Participating Institutes:
Private Colleges (Self-financed)
Private Universities (Self-financed)
Some of the top WBJEE Participating Colleges are given below:
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Coochbehar Government Engineering College
University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University, Burdwan
Kalyani Government Engineering College
University of Calcutta
Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
Read more about WBJEE Participating Institutes
WBJEE 2017 Seat Intake for Engineering
The seats offered to candidates applying for various streams under the Engineering programme are given below. The maximum number of seats (6254) are available in Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. while the least (8) are available in Optics and Optoelectronics.
|Agriculture Engineering||21||Power Engineering/ Power Plant Engg||104|
|Apparel Production and Management||36||Food Technology||233|
|Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||1371||Food Engg. & Technology/ Food Technology||36|
|Architecture/ Architectural Engineering||21||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||184|
|Automobile Engineering||11||Polymer Science and Technology||16|
|B. Arch (General)||36||Jute and Fibre Technology||64|
|Biomedical Engineering||92||Leather Technology||33|
|Biotechnology||329||Marine Engineering/ Marine Technology||60|
|Ceramic Technology||42||Mechanical Engineering||5186|
|Chemical Engineering||390||Metallurgical Engineering||36|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||63||Optics and Optoelectronics||8|
|Civil Engineering||4993||Pharmaceutical Technology/ Pharmacy||1086|
|Construction Engineering||42||Printing Technology/ Printing Engineering||32|
|Dairy Technology||32||Production Engineering||104|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||884||Textile Technology||82|
|Electrical Engineering||5414||Information Technology||3164|
|Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||6254||Instrumentation Engg./ Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering||176|
|Computer Science and Engg./ Computer Science and Technology||6176||--||-|
Ques. What documents are required while filling WBJEE 2018 Application Form? Is it mandatory to upload them?
Ans. A candidate has to upload his Category certificate, Domicile certificate, Registration certificate/ mark sheet of class 10th, Income certificate and PWD certificate while registering himself. Yes, it is mandatory to upload them.
Ques. What is the upper age limit to register for WBJEE 2017?
Ans. There is no upper age limit per say. However, a candidate must be atleast 17 years of age as on December 31, 2015.
Ques. Should I submit my application form offline?
Ans. No, please keep the printed copy of WBJEE Form with you for future use. You do not need to send it anywhere.
Ques. I have lost my WBJEE Admit Card. How can I participate in on-line counseling?
Ans. A candidate has to produce original Admit card. Duplicate Admit card may be collected from the Board, if not done already.
Ques. How many choices can a candidate give?
Ans. The number of choices available for a candidate are based on the eligibility criterion and details submitted by one during registration.
Ques. What are the working hours of Reporting Centers, Help Centers, Participating Institutes and Board Headquarter?
Ans. They work between 10.30 am and 4.30 pm.
Ques. In case of any questions, who should I contact?
Ans. In case of any query/ question, candidates can contact:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091.
Phone : (033) 2367 1159/ 1198
Email : email@example.com
Toll free help desk: 1800-1023-781