WB JECA is a common entrance exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into MCA course offered by the affiliated institutes of WBJEEB. WB JECA 2017 is scheduled on June 10, 2017. Applications for JECA 2017 were accepted from March 7 to March 28, 2017. Admit card for JECA 2017 will be made available on official website from June 1, 2017.
JECA offers admission to MCA course in 37 institutes across West Bengal. The total number of seats available for admission will be declared by each institute and will be published on the official website i.e. wbjee.in before counselling. JECA 2017 will comprise 150 objective type of questions of 1 mark each. Negative marking of -¼ will be applicable for every incorrect answer. The mode of exam will be offline (pen-paper based) and medium of language will be English only. The duration of the entrance test will be 3 hours. The entrance exam will consist of 2 papers namely Mathematics and Aptitude.
WBJECA 2017 Important Dates
The aspirants must go through the highlights of JECA 2017 carefully. Candidates can refer to the official website for more updates. The list of important details about the JECA 2017 is given below.
|Application process starts||March 7, 2017|
|Application process ends||March 28, 2017|
|Availability of JECA 2017 Admit Card||June 1, 2017|
|Date of JECA 2017||June 10, 2017|
|Publication of results||June 30, 2017|
|Counselling for JECA 2017||July 2017|
WBJECA 2017 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for JECA 2017 is as laid down by the WBJEEB. Aspirants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The criterion for each institute is different. The various criteria accepted by different institutes are stated below:
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- The aspirant must have a Bachelor’s (UGC/AICTE recognized) degree of minimum 3 years duration except BBA with Mathematics at graduate or 10+2 level. Minimum qualifying marks for general category is 50% and 45% for reserved category candidates.
- A Bachelor’s degree (UGC recognized) with aggregate of 60% for general category (45% for SC/ST) or BCA-AICTE recognized with aggregate of 60% for general and 45% for SC/ST category in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% aggregate in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics, 45% each for SC/ST category.
- UGC recognized any Graduate degree or AICTE recognized B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA degree.
- In addition to this, aspirants must have Mathematics at each level with 60% aggregate (45% for SC/ST/OBC).
- UGC recognized B.Sc degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate (45% for reserved category) and 55% aggregate in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% marks in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics at each level.
WBJECA 2017 Application Form
The WBJECA Application Form filling began from March 7, 2017 and ended on March 28, 2017. Aspirants could apply for JECA 2017 via online mode only on the website www.wbjeeb.in .
Candidates first had to register for the exam by filling up the necessary details. They had to then fill up WB JECA Application Form 2017 by entering personal details, academic qualifications and upload scanned images of recent photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression. Each aspirant then had to pay the application fees of INR 500 for each category via online mode (Debit/Credit card or Net Banking) or by using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
Aspirants must save a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for reference and preserve the login credentials. Only complete application forms with the entire application fee paid will be considered for JECA 2017.
WBJECA 2017 Admit Card
The JECA 2017 Admit Card will be issued by the competent authority on June 1, 2017. Aspirants must login to their registered accounts to avail the admit cards within the stipulated time as no hard copy will be provided by WBJEEB.
The admit card is an important document without which entry to the examination hall will not be granted. Candidates must ensure that the admit card is in proper form and not ruined or soiled. It will also be verified at the counselling session. No duplicate admit card will be generated after the JECA 2017. Hence, aspirants must save it till the end of admission process.
WBJECA 2017 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The JECA 2017 will be conducted in the offline mode only. Applicants will have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet. The medium of language will be English and duration of the test will be 180 minutes. The question paper will consist of a total of 150 objective type problems with 4 alternative responses. Students must choose the most appropriate option which he feels is the right answer. Each correct response will fetch 1 mark and a score of -¼ will be deducted from the total marks for an incorrect answer. The test will comprise of 2 papers- Mathematics (100 marks) and Aptitude (50 marks). The time allotted to Mathematics paper is 2 hours (from 11 am to 1 pm) and that for Aptitude is 1 hour (2 pm to 3 pm).
|Mode of JECA 2017||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Sections in exam||2|
|Number of questions in Mathematics||100|
|Number of questions in Aptitude||50|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Duration of exam||2+1 hour|
|Medium of language||English|
WBJECA 2017 Mathematics Syllabus
- Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate, Straight line, Circle, Ellipse; Parabola, Hyperbola, Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : De Moiver’s theorem, Complex numbers, Solution of linear equations, Matrices, Determinants, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation, Maxima & minima, Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First and second order differential equation, Functions of several variables, Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics: Permutations and Combination, Probability and Probability distribution, Mean Median and Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation of coefficient.
WBJECA 2017 Aptitude Syllabus
- Reasoning, Data interpretation, Discrete Quantitative Analysis Problem Solving, Quantitative Comparison
WBJECA 2017 Result
The Result for JECA 2017 will be declared on June 30, 2017 tentatively. Applicants must browse the official website frequently to know the updates posted by WBJEEB. Result of WB JECA 2017 will be available in the form of score cards. The applicants can download their JECA 2017 result by accessing their registered login accounts from the official website www.wbjeeb.in within the stipulated time. The score cards will be available online only and no hard copy will be sent to the applicants. The score cards will specify the marks of candidates in both the papers and their ranks.
WBJEEB will publish a general merit list after the declaration of result. It will be based on the marks scored by the aspirants and their ranks. Separate merit list for the reserved category will also be published but only the general merit list will be considered for counselling and admission.
WBJECA 2017 Counselling
After declaration of the merit list, qualified candidates must appear for the JECA 2017 Counselling. The counselling process will be conducted by the respective institutes and will start in the month of July 2017. A notification with details of counselling, seat allotment and admission will be published on the official website. Aspirants must attend the counselling session in order of merit and rank. Credentials of aspirants eligible for counselling and admission will be verified at the counselling centre. The short-listed candidates must attend counselling at the specified day and date. If the aspirant remains absent, his seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate. The candidates should be present in person and no representative on his behalf will be entertained. Applicants should also bring the necessary documents for verification. Candidates will be offered seats based on merit and choice of college after scrutiny of their certificates.