VITMEE Application Form 2017, Eligibility, Pattern
VITMEE 2017- The VIT University conducts VITMEE (VIT Masters Entrance Examination) for admissions to its M.Tech and other PG programmes. Applicants can fill the VITMEE Application form 2017 from March 10, 2017 till May 20, 2017. The application form for VITMEE 2017 can be obtained online, by visiting the official website of the VIT University i.e. www.vit.ac.in. Candidates will be required to pay an application fee of INR 950 during VITMEE 2017 Registration, through either online or offline mode. VITMEE 2017 will be held on June 4 and 5. Candidates who have qualified GATE are also eligible to appear for VITMEE.
VITMEE 2017 will be an online exam of 2 hours. The question paper will consist of 100 questions with one mark each. Once VITMEE is conducted successfully, VIT results will be declared online. Then, a merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be prepared. Candidates meeting the merit score will have to register themselves for the VITMEE counselling.
VITMEE 2017 Exam Date
VITMEE Application Form can be filled from March 10, 2017 onwards. Important dates regarding VITMEE 2017 are mentioned below.
|VITMEE Application Form can be filled from||March 10, 2017|
|Last date for filling VITMEE Application Form 2017||May 19, 2017|
|VITMEE slot booking 2017||May 2017|
|Availability of VITMEE Admit Card 2017||May 2017|
|VITMEE 2017 Exam Date||June 3, 2017 and June 4, 2017|
|Declaration of VITMEE 2017 result||June 9, 2017|
|VITMEE 2017 counseling dates||June 19-24, 2017|
VITMEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
VIT University has layed down certain eligibility requirements for candidates willing to appear in VITMEE. The Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- Full-time bachelor degree from any recognised university
- Passed graduation with an aggregate of 60%
- Candidates who are in the final year of their graduation can also apply
- Candidates, who are in final year and have applied for VITMEE 2017, must complete their final year exam before the interview at Vellore University.
- Candidate must have their final year degree and marks statement in their hand while getting admission at Vellore University; otherwise there admission will be cancelled.
- Some seats are reserved for sponsored candidates who are referred by Research Organizations / Industries for the M.Tech. Degree programmes.
VITMEE 2017 Registration
Candidates willing to appear in VITMEE must check whether they are eligible before filling the VITMEE 2017 Application Form. VIT application form can be filled online only. The steps to fill the VITMEE admission form are given below:
- Visit the official website of VIT i.e. www.vit.ac.in
- Click on the online VITMEE admission form link
- Fill-in all the details carefully
- Upload your signature and passport sized photograph
- Review the form before submitting
- Click on SUBMIT
- Take a print out if the application form
VITMEE 2017 Application Fee
The application fee for VITMEE 2017 is Rs 950/-. Candidates are required to pay the application fee through net banking or via credit/debit card.
VITMEE Slot Booking 2017
After the candidate submits his VITMEE application form successfully, he will receive an email regarding his user id and password. This will help him login the next time and book a slot.
VITMEE slot booking 2017 will start in May 2017. To book your slot, follow the step mentioned below:
- Login at the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in
- Choose from the available options regarding date, time and test centre
- VIT Slot booking is done on the basis of first come first serve
- Candidate must book their slot timely, before the slots of their preferred test centre run out
VITMEE Admit Card 2017
VITMEE 2017 Admit card will be released by VIT University online in May 2017. Candidates have to download it before the commencement of the exam.
To download the VITMEE admit card 2017, candidates are required to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in
- Click on ‘Download VITMEE Admit card 2017’
- Download VITMEE admit card
- Check all details
Note: The university will send the admit card to all the candidates via fax or email personally. Candidates can download the admit cards from their mails.
Details on VITMEE Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
VITMEE 2017 Admit card will contain the following information on it:
- Candidate’s name
- Registration number
- Postal address
- VITMEE Slot Booking details
- VITMEE Exam Date
- Address of test centre
- Test schedule
- Set of instruction for the test.
Candidates are required to carry the VITMEE 2017 Admit card along with them on the day of the exam. Candidate without the hall ticket will not be allowed to sit in the exam under any circumstances.
VITMEE 2017 Exam Centre
VITMEE 2017 will be held at the below venues, at the scheduled date and time. Candidate can choose any three venues as per his or her order of preference. This choice is given to the candidate at the time of filling VITMEE application form 2017. The exam centers along with their codes for VITMEE are:
|Test Centre||Codes||Test Centre||Codes|
VITMEE 2017 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the VIT Masters Entrance Examination. VITMEE will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions. A candidate will be rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer. There is no negative marking.
VITMEE 2017 exam pattern highlights are given below:
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Questions from technical subject||80|
|Questions from English communication||20|
VITMEE 2017 Syllabus
The question paper for VITMEE 2017 will consist of two parts. One part is all about technical subjects and other is regarding English communication. Both the sections have been detailed below:
The syllabus covered under technical section is:
1. Mathematical Section
|Engineering Mathematics||Probability and statistics|
|Linear algebra||Algebra and complex analysis|
|Calculus||Calculus and its applications|
|Differential equation||Numerical methods|
|Control theory||Descriptive statistics, Exploratory Data Analysis|
2. Applies Mechanics And Design
|Strength of materials|
|Theory of machines|
3. Fluid Mechanics And Thermal Sciences
|Power Engineering||Fluid mechanics|
|Refrigeration and air-conditioning||Heat transfer|
4. Manufacturing And Industrial Engineering
|Engineering Materials||Metrology and Inspection|
|Metal casting’||Production Planning and Control|
|Machining and Machine Tool Operations|
5. Some current Trends In Design And manufacturing
|Mechatronics System Design|
|Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|Computer Aided Engineering|
The syllabus covered under English Communication section is:
- Subject – Verb Agreement
- Tense forms
- Articles and Preposition
- Use of Conjunctions
2. Writing Technical Instructions
3. Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
5. Preparing Questionnaire
6. Proof Reading
VITMEE 2017 Result
VITMEE 2017 result is scheduled to be declared on June 9, 2017. Candidates who appeared for VITMEE, can check their result online on the official website.
To check VITMEE 2017 result, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in
- Look for the VIT Result section
- Enter your application number and date of birth
- Your result will be displayed in Equating Percentile Method
VITMEE 2017 Counselling
After the VIT result is out, the VITMEE counseling process will begin. On the basis of the marks obtained by them in the VITMEE, candidates will be short-listed for the counselling round. They will receive an SMS from VIT University regarding their selection. For VITMEE 2017 counseling, candidates are required to register themselves before hand. VITMEE 2017 Counselling Dates are given below:
|Course||VITMEE 2017 Counselling Date|
|M.Tech. (Automotive)||June 19, 2017|
|Other M.Tech. programmes||June 20-21, 2017|
|MCA||June 19, 2017|
|M.Tech. (by Res.)||June 24, 2017|
|Integrated Ph.D.||June 24, 2017|
VITMEE 2017 Counseling fee is INR 10,000/-. It has to be paid in the form of a computerised DD payable at Vellore University. After registering for counseling, candidates are to appear in person at the decided venue and time along with required documents.
CheckVITMEE 2017 Cutoff
VITMEE 2017 Important Documents
VITMEE 2017 Exam Date is June 3 & 4, 2017, and the VIT result would be out by June 12, 2017. VIT has made it mandatory for all qualified candidates to come up with important documents as required. The important documents for VITMEE qualified candidates are-
- VITMEE Admit Card
- Marksheets of class X & XII
- Mark sheets of graduation semesters
- Provisional Certificate or Qualifying Degree
- Transfer Certificate from institute last attended
- GATE scorecard for M.Tech candidates (if applicable)
- Employer issued Service Certificate (in case of sponsored candidates).
- Community certificate (excluding general & OBC)
- 10,000 INR DD drawn in favor of “VIT University”.
Both photocopies & original have to be brought.
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final/ final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute
- Migration Certificate
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech.
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer (For M.Tech. programmes only -for all sponsored candidates)
- Community Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Student Profile
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Advance Fee Receipt
- Admission letter and a photocopy of the programme fee receipt
- Four copies of recent passport size colour photograph
- An undertaking for good conduct and behavior in a prescribed form (to be issued by the University at the time of admission)
- Affidavit signed separately by the student & parent
- Two copies of all original certificates
During the VITMEE admissions, students will have to submit all the documents needed during the interview:
- Conduct certificate
- Admission certificate & Xerox of receipt of program fee
- 4 passport size recent color photos
- Undertaking for good behavior & conduct in prescribed form
- Affidavit separately signed by student and parent in INR 20 stamp paper
- 2 photocopies of every original certificate
VITMEE 2017 Contact Details
In case of any questions/ queries, candidates can contact VIT through the below mediums:
Address: Dr. K. Manivannan
Director – PG Admissions
Tamil Nadu, India.