VITEEE Result was declared by VIT University on April 23, 2017. Candidates who sat for VITEEE from April 5- 16, 2017 can visit the official website of VIT i.e. vit.ac.in to check their result and rank. They must enter their application number, verification code and password to access VITEEE Result.
Here are some key points about VITEEE Result:
- At the time of publication of results, a candidate’s rank will also be intimated through SMS, if the mobile number is provided.
- Please note that the result for VITEEE 2017 will not be displayed offline.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in VITEEE. It will include names of all qualifying candidates.
- Admission to VIT will be based on VITEEE Cut off. So, a candidate must secure the minimum set marks.
- All qualifying candidates will then proceed for VITEEE Counselling. It will be conducted in the month of May at the Vellore Campus.
The counselling will be held in 2 phases. Phase I will run from May 10- May 12, 2017, while Phase II will be held from May 15- May 22, 2017. However, if seats still remain vacant, an optional 3rd phase of Counselling will be conducted.
Read about VITEEE Counselling
Highlights of VITEEE Result
|VITEEE Result was declared on||April 23, 2017|
|Result will be declared by||VIT University|
|VITEEE Result will be declared at||www.vit.ac.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Application number, verification code and password |
|Details on Rank Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Admission will be based on||VITEEE Opening and Closing Rank|
|VITEEE Counselling began from||May 10, 2017|
|Seats to be filled through VITEEE 2017||Approximately 5000|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
How to Check VITEEE Result?
The result for VITEEE 2017 was declared on April 23, 2017. The scorecard will contain your total marks and rank obtained. Candidates may follow the below steps to check their VIT Result through online mode:
- Log into the VIT university website i.e. vit.ac.in
- Look for the link “Get Result”
- Click on the Results option. Following page will open. Click on ‘VITEEE Result’
- Enter your 10 digit roll number and Date of Birth, Verification code
- Click on submit button
- VITEEE Result will be displayed on the screen
How is VITEEE Result Calculated?
- VITEEE Result will only state the rank attained by candidates. To find the rank of the candidate, the university does not use the traditional cut off method. Instead, the equating methodology is used.
- It is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms (that are approximately equivalent) so that scores on the forms can be used interchangeably.
- Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
- The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating would be used to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent.
- Thus, Percentile Rank is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group. Example- A percentile Rank, say 90 Percentile Rank denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers scores below this score level and 10 percent above this test score.
- VIT university will define the percentile rank of the candidates. On the basis of the percentile and rank, candidates will be called for VITEEE counselling 2017.
VITEEE 2017 Answer Key
- Post the exam, a candidate can analyze his performance in VITEEE by using the Answer Key.
- Candidates can calculate their scores in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics through these keys. It is generally released 2 weeks post exam date.
- The official answer keys will be uploaded on the website of VIT university i.e. vit.ac.in. Candidates can get the link to the answer key on the index or home page.
- They have to choose the set code, paper code and download the answer key. Answer key is provided in PDF format and uploaded set wise for each year.
- This year, the difficulty level of the paper was moderate to difficult.
Check VITEEE 2017 Answer Key, Question Paper and Analysis
VITEEE Cut Off 2017
- Post declaration of the result, VITEEE Cut off is announced.
- Candidates who fall between the specified cut off, will be eligible for admission to VIT Campuses in Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Andhra Pradesh.
- Cut off is the minimum score obtained, for the University to prepare merit list. Declaration of VITEEE result will follow multi-city counselling for VIT admissions to B.Tech. Degree Programmes. Just like any other universities, panel set by VIT decides VITEEE cut off.
Cut off trends are generally calculated on the following basis:
- Number of students registered for the test
- Number of students who have appeared in the examination
- Number of students who have qualified the test
- Number of students listed in the merit list
- Number of students who have qualified but didn’t attend the counselling
- Students who have received final confirmation for the seat
Read about VITEEE Cut off
Seats offered through VITEEE Result 2017
Nearly 5000 seats are filled through VITEEE each year. Candidates compete to save a seat in B.Tech in either of the campuses of VIT University. Below is the branch-wise seat matrix of last year. More or less the same seat matrix will be seen this year too.
|Computer Science and Engineering||730|
|Computer Science and Engg.(Spec. in Bioinformatics)||90|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||700|
|Electrical and Electronics Engg.||240|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.||80|
|Mechanical(Specialisation in Automative Engg.)||60|
|Mechanical Engineering (Specialisation in Chemical Process Engineering)||70|
|Mechanical(Specialisation in Energy Engineering)||70|
|Product and Industrial Engineering||70|
|Computer Science and Engineering||240|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||240|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||240|
VITEEE Counselling 2017
Phase 1 Counselling for VITEEE 2017 began from May 10, 2017. The Phase II Counselling for other Rank Holders began from May 15, 2017. University invites more candidates than the number of seats exists. This is done to fill all the available seats.
For example, in 2014, the number of available seats were 4917 while it was filled in the second round of counselling at 75,000 rank. In 2015, number of available seats and applicants were roughly the same. So seats can be filled in mid counselling for this year as well.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Schedule
Phase-1 Counselling Schedule
|Date||From Rank||Till Rank|
|May 10, 2017||1||8000|
|May 11, 2017||8001||14000|
|May 12, 2017||14001||20000|
Phase- 2 Counselling Schedule
|Date||From Rank||Till Rank|
|May 15, 2017||20001||25000|
|May 16, 2017||25001||40000|
|May 17, 2017||40001||55000|
|May 18, 2017||55001||70000|
|May 19, 2017||70001||85000|
|May 22, 2017||85001||99999|
VITEEE Counselling Procedure
- Registration of candidates at the counselling centers and verification of documents is done before the counselling begins.
- Once the former step is duly complied, VITEEE counselling begins. In case a candidate reaches after the reporting time at the venue, he will have to register in the next session only.
- A candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination will be given a provisional allotment of seat.
- His admission will be confirmed once statement of marks of the qualifying examination have been produced and the eligibility criteria is met (minimum sixty percent in aggregate in physics+ chemistry+ biology or physics+ chemistry+ mathematics).
- It is important to note that a candidate is required to attend the counselling in person. No one else is allowed to represent the candidate.
- If a candidate due to some unforeseen circumstance is unable to attend VITEEE counselling 2017 on the specified date or time, he can attend it on a later date/time, after intimating the office. However, at that time the candidate can only opt for the branch available. No requests for change in this matter shall be entertained.
- No requests for change of date/centers of counselling is entertained. If he fails to appear, the same seat shall be allotted to the next candidate on the basis of merit.
- After counselling for the particular day is over, the number of seats (branch wise) available will be filled on the next day.
Read More VITEEE COUNSELLING
Procedure For Allocation of Seats/ Branch
- Admission to the B.Tech Programme in VIT is offered solely on the basis of merit i.e. based on the candidate’s All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE.
- Getting a call for counselling does not guarantee admission.
- Candidates can opt to appear for counselling in either of the VIT campuses (Vellore or Chennai). They can choose the branch offered/available. Details of various branches offered under the B.Tech Programme in the current year and total number of seats allocated for each branch will be displayed at the counselling centers.
- This transparency in the admission process is ensured through the online mode of communication where the process is conducted through video-conferencing. The screen at the counselling centers for seat availability in the subject streams in both the campuses is a common one and the candidates in both the campuses are able to view it.
CheckVITEEE Participating Colleges
Counselling Fee Payment
- Selected candidates are required to submit a demand draft of INR 50,000 drawn in favour of VIT University, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and branch chosen.
- Without the said advance draft made, candidates will not be permitted to attend VITEEE counselling 2017. This amount includes the INR 10,000 that is the counselling fee, adjusted in the tuition fee once the candidate joins the University.
- The counselling fee paid is non-refundable.
Payment for Phase-1 Counselling
- Candidates attending the Phase-1 Counselling have to submit a DD for Rs 50,000 in favor of “VIT University” payable at Vellore on the confirmation of allotted seat and branch.
- VIT University provides different types of scholarships to many meritorious, outstanding students every year, purely based on merit.
- The scholarship offered under the GV School Development Programme (GVSDP) has been presented below in the table.
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders 1-50||75% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders 51-100||50% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
|VITEEE rank holders101-1000||25% tuition fee waiver for all four years|
However, the students availing scholarships would have to pay for the special fees amount, external placement-training fee and placement fee.
Read more about VITEEE Fee Structure 2017
Payment of Balance Fees
Candidates can now pay the VITEEE 2017 Balance fees online by logging into the official website. The steps to pay the balance fee online are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the “Online Payment For Balance Fees” link
- Enter details such as his or her Application number and Date of Birth to Login
- Enter Verification Code and Click Submit button
The candidates can also pay the Balance Fees through Demand Draft (DD). The Demand Draft is to be drawn in the favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Chennai for candidates admitted in Chennai Campus. The candidates have to send a covering letter along with DD at Director-UG Admissions.
The DD is to be sent within the date as mentioned in the provisional admission letter. A candidate has to mention details such as his or her Name, Application Number, Rank and the Allotted Branch on the backside of Demand Draft .
Students will not be intimated separately about Balance Fee Payment and any Demand Draft received after due date will not be considered in any situation.