VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 for VIT University
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 mandates candidates to have secured at least an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the +2/Intermediate examination. Candidates from NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) are also eligible for appearing in the exam. VITEEE Application Form 2017 was available till March 15, 2017. It was available in both online and offline modes. Online registration can be completed on the official site of VIT University i.e. vit.ac.in, while the offline application forms can be availed from select post offices across several states. Check VITEEE Exam Date 2017
VITEEE 2017 will be held in three sessions, dating from April 5 to April 16, 2017. It is a computer-based test of 125 marks. Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University every year for B.Tech. admissions in Vellore and Chennai campuses. This is an All India Level engineering entrance exam, held in 118 cities in India. Check VITEEE 2017 Exam Centers
VITEEE Eligibility 2017 Highlights
|VIT Eligibility Criteria|| Specifications|
|Nationality||Both national and international candidates can apply|
- Minimum 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology taken together in +2/intermediate
- Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology (for SC/ST and North-East candidates)
- Clearing Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination
- Candidates with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) background are eligible to apply for the BTech Bioinformatics, Bio-medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes only. They are also eligible for B.Tech Computer Science but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- Students from National Institute of Open Learning (NIOP) can also apply
- Apart from NIOP, all aspirants should have studied under regular, full time and formal education
Date of Birth should fall on or after July 1995
Note: As proof of age, only High School/SSC Certificates will be considered.
|NIOS candidates||Presentation of Migration cum Transfer Certificate|
|NRI candidates||Must fill NRI Form directly|
|PIO and OCI candidates||Apply directly through Foreign Category only|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017- NRI/ Foreign Nationals
NRI candidates can apply directly through NRI Category. They must sit for VITEEE in order to pursue B.Tech. For foreign nationals, they can apply under the foreign category. The fee should be paid only in USD by the sponsor. The selection of these candidates will totally depend on merit (marks obtained in VITEEE) and availability of seats.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 for NRI candidates
The detailed VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 for NRI candidates is given below:
- English should be one of the subjects in qualifying exam.
- Candidate should have completed 12 years of schooling with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- Candidate should have secured minimum 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Biology or Biotechnology (PCB) in standard XII or Equivalent Degree.
- If the applicants have studied Physical Science with combination of Physics and Chemistry as subjects in the qualifying examination, they should produce the certificate of approval from the school to that effect and also proper approval from AIU/Board of Studies.
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes. They are also eligible for B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering (spec. in Bioinformatics), but after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
- Candidate’s date of birth must fall on or after July 1, 1995.
For candidates having NRI status, the Sponsorship should be given only by the parent (either father or mother only) living abroad [Sponsorship by relative/friend is not acceptable].
NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor - either Father or Mother.
The candidates are required to produce valid passport and visa copies.
Read about VITEEE Slot Booking 2017
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017 for Foreign Candidates
- Candidate should have studied English in higher secondary level or should have studied in an English medium school.
- Candidate should have studied Mathematics and Physics at A level /Form VI/ Senior VI or its equivalent.
- His third subject should either be Chemistry/Computer Sciences/Electronics/Biotechnology/Biology.
- For those interested in pursuing B.Tech Biotechnology or Biomedical engineering, the eligible combination is either Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB).
They are required to have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in these subjects (usually it is “C” grade) in standard XII or its equivalent. For candidates from Nepal, minimum of 60% aggregate in the above subjects for Class 11 and Class 12 put-together is mandatory.
For grade points, equivalency marks card attained from the school are to be produced.
Candidate must present proof of foreign nationality, i.e., valid passport or national ID.
Read about VITEEE 2017 Application Form
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2017- Additional Information
- The documents required for filling up the application form are as follows:
- Softcopy or scanned copy of recently taken passport size color.
- The size of the photograph should be between 50 KB – 100 KB and dimensions- 3.5 cm * 4.5 cm.
- Soft copy or scanned copy of signature of the candidate with 20 KB – 50 KB with the dimensions of 3.5 cm * 1.5 cm in JPG/JPEG format.
- It is important to fulfill the VIT Eligibility Criteria 2017 to be eligible for admission.
- In case of any discrepency while scrutinizing the documents, the candidature will be liable for cancellation.
- If the application form is rejected, the refund of fee will be made as per the rules of VIT University.
Note: It is mandatory that candidates and parents have to sign an undertaking at the time of admission, the format for which will be issued by the admissions office.