UPTET Notification 2017
UPTET 2017 Notification is released on August 22, 2017. Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) will release the official notification at its website i.e. upbasiceduboard.gov.in.
This year, over 5 lakh candidates are expected to appear for Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test 2017. UPBEB organizes UPTET for recruiting Primary and Middle school teachers in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Once the official notification is out, we will update you on all the necessary details. Till then, you can refer to the tentative schedule of UPTET 2017 given below:
- UPTET Application Form is available from August 26, 2017, until September 13, 2017.
- Applicants must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% (45% for reserved category) marks to be eligible. Check UPTET Eligibility
- The organizing body will release the admit card for UPTET in December at its website.
- UPTET 2017 is scheduled to be held on October 15, 2017 in offline mode.
- Candidates should secure at least 60% marks to qualify the exam. This means that out of 150 marks, one must score 90 marks to qualify the exam. Check UPTET Result
- Candidates who qualify the exam will be awarded UPTET Eligibility Certificate. It is valid for 5 years.
Highlights of UPTET 2017
|Highlights of UPTET 2017|
|Release of UPTET 2017 Notification||August 22, 2017|
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET)|
|UPTET 2017 Organizing Body ||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|UPTET 2017 Official Website||www.upbasiceduboard.gov.in|
|Posts offered||Upper Primary and Primary level Teachers|
|UPTET 2017 Exam Date||October 15, 2017|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduate degree in Education with 50%|
|Mode of Application||Online|
UPTET 2017 Exam Dates
We will notify you regarding the release on official dates, once UPBEB declared them on its website. Till then, aspirants can refer to the tentative schedule of UPTET 2017 given below:
|Availability of UPTET Application Form 2017||August 26, 2017|
|Last Date of UPTET Registration 2017||September 08, 2017|
|Availability of UPTET 2017 Admit Card||December 2017|
|UPTET 2017 Exam Date||October 15, 2017|
|Declaration of UPTET Result 2017||April 2018|
UPTET 2017 Eligibility
UPTET 2017 eligibility and reservation guidelines are laid down by the conducting body. Individuals must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. A brief about them is stated below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be citizens of India to be eligible for UPTET 2017.
- Age Limit: Participants should be between 18 to 35 years of age.
- Educational qualification: Aspirants must have a UGC recognized bachelor’s degree (B.Ed, D.Ed, BTC, etc.) and obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
Reservation will be applicable as per the norms of Central Government. Seats will be reserved for SC, ST and OBC category as also PwD candidates in all the participating institutions.
Check UPTET Eligibility
UPTET 2017 Application Form
- The application form will be available soon after UPTET Notification 2017 is released.
- All aspiring teachers will have to apply for the test between the set registration window i.e. from August 25, 2017 to September 08, 2017.
- UPTET Application Form can be filled and submitted only through online mode. It will be available on the official website of UPBEB.
- The application process will consist of 4 steps:
- Online Registration: Candidates will be required to enter basic details about themselves and their academic qualification.
- Payment of Application Fees: They must then render the application fees through either offline and online method. The application fee for various categories is depicted below:
|Category||UPTET Application Fee|
|General Category||INR 400|
|SC and ST||INR 200|
- Upload Documents: Participants will have to upload their recent, passport- sized photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned on the form.
- Print Application Form: After completing all the above steps, they should take a print out of the application form for further processes.
Check Here How to apply for UPTET 2017?
UPTET 2017 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of UPTET 2017 has not undergone any changes over the years. Questions asked in the test are designed so as to assess the teaching aptitude of participants. The difficulty level of the exam is moderate, though the competition is fierce. Some features of the exam are given below:
- UPTET consists of 2 Papers; Paper 1 for Class 1-5 Teachers and Paper 2 for Class 6-8 Teachers.
- It is a conventional pen and paper based test i.e. mode of the test is offline.
- The question paper consists of 150 objective type questions (MCQs).
- Each correct answer will fetch you +1 marks and there is no negative marking.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Check Complete UPTET Exam Pattern
UPTET 2017 Selection Process
- Participants must secure a minimum of 60% marks (55% for reserved category) to qualify the entrance exam.
- Such applicants will be awarded the UPTET Eligibility Certificate which is valid for 5 years.
- They will be offered jobs in affiliated schools as per merit.
- Candidates can receive their UPTET Eligibility Certificate from the District Education Board by providing a copy of UPTET 2017 Admit Card and Photo Identity Card.
- There are no restrictions on numbers of attempts. So, in case you feel you can score better marks, you may sit again for the exam.
UPTET Contact Details
In case of any queries or questions, you may refer to the below-mentioned details:
U.P. Pariksha Niyamak Pradhikari, Allahabad
Phone no. - 0532-2466761, 0532-2466769
E-Mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org