UPSEE 2017 Application Correction, Admit Card
Last Updated: April 12, 2017
UPSEE 2017 (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam 2017) is a state level entrance exam. It is conducted by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh for admissions to various UG and PG courses offered by the colleges of Uttar Pradesh.
UPSEE Registration is now over. Applicants who have made errors in the application form can now edit them. The UPSEE Application Correction window opens today. Login on upsee.nic.in using the application ID and password. Correct the errors and print two copies of the corrected application form.
UPSEE 2017 Results will be declared on May 30, 2017. Only those candidates who have scored qualifying marks in the exam will be called for the UPTU counselling process which is carried out after the release of cutoff of the exam. The candidates get admission in engineering, pharmacy, hotel management, architecture, catering technology, fine arts, fashion and apparel technology courses.
UPSEE 2017 Exam Dates
It is very important for the candidates to know important dates regarding UPSEE so that they do not miss any deadlines. Given below is the table containing UPSEE 2017 exam dates:
|UPSEE Application Form will be available from||January 18, 2017 (by 11 AM)|
|Last date to fill UPSEE Application Form||March 15, 2017 (by 5 PM)|
|UPSEE Application Form Correction begins from||March 27, 2017 (by 11 PM) to March 29, 2017 (by 5 PM)|
|UPSEE Admit Card will be published on||April 07, 2017|
|UPSEE Results will be declared on||May 30, 2017|
LATEST M.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
UPSEE Eligibility 2017
Candidates planning to appear for UPSEE must check the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. Candidates must meet all the eligibility requirements before filling up the UPSEE application form. There is no age limit for candidates appearing in the UPSEE exam.
|B.Tech/B.Pharma/B.Arch/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA||Intermediate Passed or Equivalent|
|B.Tech (Lateral)||B.Sc degree holder or Engineering Diploma|
|B. Pharmacy (Lateral)||Pharmacy Diploma Holder|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||BCA, B.Sc., (IT/Computer Science) degree holder|
|MBA/MCA||B.Sc Degree holder or equivalent|
|MAM||Intermediate Passed or equivalent|
Note: Candidate appearing in final year exams of qualifying degree are also eligible to apply
Read More: UPSEE Eligibility
UPSEE Application form 2017
UPSEE Applications were available from January 18, 2017. Candidate planning to appear in the exam can apply online through the official website of UPSEE. Candidate meeting the eligibility criteria will only be allowed to fill up the form and apply for the UPSEE.
Given below are some important things that the candidate must have before filling up the UPSEE 2017 application form:
- Passport size recent colored photograph in .jpg format with size less than 100 kb and dimensions 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- Candidate’s signature in .jpg format with size less than 30 kb and dimensions 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- Scanned image of left thumb impression in .jpg format with size less than 30 kb and dimensions 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- The Aadhaar Number has been included as a mandatory field in the application form. Without the Aadhaar number, no student will be able to proceed with the application process and apply for UPSEE 2017.
- The application fee for all the candidates has been revised. Until last year, the application fee for Male/transgender candidates belonging to General/OBC category was Rs. 1000 which has now been increased to Rs. 1200. Similarly, the application fee for female and SC/ST category candidates have also been increased from Rs. 500 to Rs. 600.
How to Apply for UPSEE 2017
Here are the steps followed to fill the UPSEE Application Form:
- Visit the official website of UPSEE i.e. upsee.nic.in
- Click the link “UP State Entrance Exam for UG”
- Enter the personal details asked. After that, choose security question and password and click on Submit
- Note and save the application number available for further use
- Upload the scanned images of the photograph, signature and thumb impression
- Pay the application fee in the next step and note down the transaction number
- Print the confirmation page for further use. Do not post the hardcopy of the application form.
UPSEE Admit Card 2017
UPSEE Admit card will be released on the official website. After releasing the Admit Card, candidates will have enough time to download it before the commencement of the exam. If you are unable to download the admit card, you are required to upload a proper photo or signature at the official website. Those candidates who are not able to download admit card will be sent an SMS.
How to download the UPSEE admit card?
To download the UPSEE Admit Card, the candidate is required to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on UPSEE admit card
- A new screen will be displayed
- Now type UPSEE 2017 application number and password.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download the admit card
- Take a print out of the UPSEE admit card
- Do not forget to carry it along with you on the day of the examination at the venue.
UPSEE Exam Centers
UPSEE will be held at the given below venues at the scheduled date and time. Candidate can choose any of the three venues as its exam centers as per his order of reference.
This choice is given to the candidate at the time of filling the application form. The exam centers for UPSEE are:
UPSEE Exam Pattern 2017
A total of 12 papers are conducted under UPSEE in which Paper 1, 2, 3 and 4 are OMR based and Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 are computer based. A candidate is required to choose the papers as per the course he or she has applied for.
UPSEE is an objective type paper. Each correct question will fetch 4 marks. There is no negative marking. The Question Paper required for different courses is given below in the table:
|B.Tech/B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering)||Paper 1|
|B. Tech (BioTechnology)||Paper 1 or Paper 2|
|B. Tech (Agriculture Engineering) Only||Paper 3|
|B. Pharm||Paper 1 or Paper 2|
|B. Arch||Paper 4|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry (for diploma holders)||Paper 6|
|B.Pharm Lateral Entry (for diploma holders)||Paper 7|
|B.Tech Lateral Entry (for B.Sc Graduates)||Paper 8|
|MAM (Dual Degree)||Paper 11|
|MCA Lateral Entry||Paper 12|
UPSEE 2017 Results
UPSEE Result is scheduled to be declared in the month of May. Candidates who appeared in the UPSEE can check their result by following some simple steps.
Basis of evaluation of result steps to check the result:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link regarding the results.
- Enter your 8 digit roll number’
- Click on SUBMIT
- >Your result will be displayed
- Download it and take a print of you want to.
Inter se merit
This is the process that comes into play when two candidates have secured equal marks. It is applied as follows:
- If two candidates have same marks, then that candidate will be considered above who has answered less number of incorrect questions.
- In B tech, candidate with more marks in Mathematics, physics and chemistry respectively will be preferred followed by age.
- In B pharmacy, candidate with more marks in biology, chemistry and physics will be preferred followed by age.
- In B arch, candidate with more marks in drawing aptitude, Mathematics and aesthetics will be preferred followed by age.
- In B tech (Ag. Engg.), candidate with more marks in AG I, AG II and AG III will be preferred followed by age.
A fixed percentage of seats are reserved in the UPSEE for certain categories. Seats are reserved for categories such as Dependents of freedom fighters from UP, Sons or daughter of defense personnel, physically impaired and Girls of UP. Some important things regarding the reservation of seats is mentioned below:
|Sub category||Code of category||Percentage of seats reserved|
|Dependents of freedom fighters from UP||UPFF||2%|
|Sons or daughter of defense personnel||UPAF||5%|
|Girls of UP||UPGL||20%|
Weight age to candidates from rural areas of Uttar Pradesh:
There is certain advantage to people from Uttar Pradesh rural areas as well while preparing the results. 3% weight age of total marks obtained in the entrance of UPSEE 2017 will be given to those rural people from UP who have passed their high school examination from the institute situated in the rural areas of UP. This 3% weight age is given candidates from rural areas of Uttar Pradesh
Candidates appeared in the UPSEE 2017 will be determined on the basis of their medical standards. Medical standards employed for UPSEE 2017 are given below:
- Candidate should be fit in terms of his height, weight and chest measurement.
- He must not have any kind of abnormality in heart and lungs
- He must have suffered or suffering from Hernia, Hydrocele or Piles.
- His vision must be normal. If there is any defect it must be cured properly by appropriate spectacles
- He must have normal hearing. If there is any defect must be corrected properly.
UPSEE Counseling Process 2017
UPSEE Counselling is done after the merit list is out. Only those candidates who have scored qualifying marks in the entrance exam will be called for the counselling process. The candidates meeting the merit scores are to register themselves for the counseling online. The counseling procedure for UPSEE is as follows:
- The candidates shortlisted for counseling are first required to pay the registration fee and register themselves for the counseling
- The fee for general or OBC candidates is INR 20,000 and for SC/ST it is INR 12,000.
- The candidate has to pay this fee which will be adjusted against institute fee at the time of admission.
- The second step is choice filling.
- After registering the candidate has to fill his or her choice for programmes he has applied for as per his preference
- After the seat has been allotted, candidate has to submit required documents for the verification.
- After the seat allotment there are three options available to the candidate.
- FREEZE: If the candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to him or her, he or she can freeze the seat. By doing so he or she will not be considered in the next round of counseling and his seat will be confirmed.
- FLOAT: If the candidate is not satisfied with his seat and want to be considered in the next round. And in the meantime, also wants to keep the seat allotted with him on safe side can choose this option FLOAT.
- WITHDRAW: If the candidate is not satisfied with his seat and also does not want to be considered for further consideration in the counseling. He can choose this option. By this the seat allotted to him will be taken away and he will also not be considered for further counseling round.