CAPF 2017- Central Armed Police Forces Exam
Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)- UPSC has released CAPF admit cards on June 22, 2017. CAPF is an offline mode examination, scheduled for July 23, 2017. It is conducted under the guidance of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates can check below the updates and important factors of CAPF-
- CAPF Assistant Commandants exam is conducted in 2 sessions- Paper 1 and Paper 2 on same day.
- Paper 1 (objective) and Paper 2 (subjective) has a total duration of 5 hours with a break between both stages.
- Candidates are tested on their aptitude skills in Paper I while Paper II tests the writing skills of the candidate.
- Candidates can download the e-Admit Card from upsconline.nic.in.
- The last date to obtain CAPF Admit Card is July 23, 2017. Download Here
- The written examination is followed by a medical test, wherein candidates have to satisfy the parameters set by UPSC. Check CAPF Syllabus
- All qualified candidates are called for Personality test (interview) after the submission of DAF (Detailed Application Form).
- CAPF Result is declared in a PDF format for all the stages of the Selection Process. Candidates have to look for their roll number in PDF as it includes roll numbers of the qualifying candidates.
Candidates are finally recruited as Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Force composing of Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). A total of 270 seats will be filled through CAPF this year. Read About CAPF 2017 in Hindi
Highlights of CAPF
|Name of the exam|
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
|Name of the post|
|No. of vacancies||270|
|Police forces included|
BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP and SSB
Written Exam, Physical Standards Test/ Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test and Interview/Personality Test.
|CAPF Salary||Approx. INR 50,000|
CAPF 2017 Exam Dates
CAPF Assistant Commandants exam is scheduled on July 23, 2017. Candidates are appointed as an Assistant Commandant after clearing the exam. The registration window to apply for the CAPF closed on May 05, 2017. The other important CAPF Exam Dates are as follows:
|CAPF 2017 Notification||April 12, 2017|
|CAPF Application Form will be available from||April 12, 2017|
|Last date to submit CAPF Online Form||May 5, 2017|
|Last date for payment of application fees||April,12 2017 to May 5, 2017|
|CAPF Admit Card will be available form||June 22, 2017|
|CAPF 2017 Exam Date||July 23, 2017|
|CAPF 2017 Result Date||October, 2017|
|Date for Interview/Personality Test||December, 2017|
CAPF 2017 Eligibility
- Candidates are required to satisfy CAPF Eligibility before applying for CAPF.
- All female candidates are allowed to give CAPF and apply for the posts offered through the exam.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a University considered by the Act of Central or State Legislature in India.
- An applicant must be 20 years oldand must not be more than 25 years of age to be eligible for CAPF.
- Only Indian nationals can appear for CAPF or candidates not belonging to India but who possess a written consent of Central Government shall be considered eligible.
- Candidates belonging to Nepal or Bhutan cannot apply for CAPF or are debarred from employment under the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) under any conditions.
Check Here Detailed CAPF Eligibility
CAPF Reservation 2017
- UPSC has set certain reservation policy for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Candidates can claim UPSC CAPF Reservation to avail relaxation in the upper age limit to satisfy the UPSC CAPF Eligibility.
- They can avail marks relaxation as candidates belonging to reserve categories have to score less as compared to candidates belonging to the unreserved category.
- Reservation will be given effect to as per policy of the Govt. 10% of the vacancies are earmarked for ex-servicemen.
- There is 5 year age relaxation for SC/ST/ExS and J&K Migrants.
- For OBC category candidates receive age relaxation of 3 years.
Vacancies Under CAPF Recruitment 2017
CAPF is conducted for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Force composing of Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
The CAPF is conducted for a total of 270 vacancies (subject to change) which is distributed among various posts offered. The vacancies under CAPF 2017 are tabulated below:
|BSF (Border Security Force)||28|
|CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)||97|
|ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police)||87|
|SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal)||58|
Check Here CAPF Reservation
CAPF 2017 Application Form
The registration window for CAPF was open from April 12, 2017 till May 05, 2017. CAPF Application form is available in online mode only, at the official website of UPSC. The registration is done in two parts i.e. Registration Part I and Registration Part II.
Candidates have to carry out Part I Registration for CAPF initially, followed by the fee payment process. They must opt for the most convenient method of payment i.e. either online or offline. The fee payment is succeeded by Registration Part II and Uploading the images of required documents. The final submission is the last step of the CAPF Online Application Process which must be done in time.
Step 1- Registration Part I
- Visit the official website of UPSC CAPF i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Register by entering the name, gender, category and other personal details.
- Click on submit button and then you’ll be directed to the payment page.
Step 2- Payment of Application
- Choose desired mode of payment between online and offline.
- If you choose offline mode, download the pay-in slip and pay the application fee in the nearest branch of SBI.
- If you choose online mode, select your desired payment gateway among debit/credit or net banking.
- Enter the necessary details asked and click on pay now.
Note: This step is not applicable for candidates who are exempted from paying the fee.
Step 3- Registration Part II
- The page for Part II of the registration opens after fee payment.
- Enter the choice of exam center, academic and communication details of the candidate.
Step 4- Uploading the Images
- You have to now upload a passport sized photogtaph and signature in JPEG format in the space provided.
- Ensure that the size of the photograph is between 3kb-40kb. However, the size of signature must be between 1kb-40kb.
CAPF Application Fee
- The remittance of the fee is an important step of CAPF Registration 2017. Candidates belonging to Unreserved Category and OBC category have to remit a fee of INR 200.
- However, female and reserved category candidates are exempted from paying the application fee for CAPF.
- Candidates can remunerate the application fee for CAPF through either online mode or offline mode.
- Candidates who opt for online mode have to pay the fee through Debit Card/Credit Card.
- The others who opt for offline mode have to remit the fee in cash at any nearest branch of SBI after printing and filling the Pay-in-slip generated on the official website.
- Applicants can also opt for Internet banking facility provided by SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore.
Fill Here CAPF Application Form
CAPF 2017 Admit Card
- Candidates who successfully submit their CAPF Application Form within the scheduled time can download CAPF Admit Card.
- The Admit Card for CAPF is released at the official website, three weeks before the exam is conducted.
- No admit card will be sent by post.
- UPSC has released CAPF Admit Cards on June 22, 2017 at upsconline.nic.in/eadmitcard/upsc_ac2/admitcard_capf_2017
The steps to download the e-Admit Card for UPSC CAPF are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i,e upsc.gov.in
- Follow the link to download ‘CAPF Admit Card’
- Read the instructions mentioned carefully, print them and click ‘Yes’
- Choose the method of downloading i.e. through Registration ID or Roll Number or Name
- Enter Registration ID or Roll Number followed by your Date of Birth
- Submit after entering the captcha in the given blank field.
- Print the displayed Admit Card for CAPF
Download Here CAPF Admit Card
CAPF Exam Center 2017
- Candidates can choose their desired CAPF Exam Center from the list of 41 Exam Centers available.
- They have to mention their choice of CAPF Exam Center during the Part II of CAPF Online Application.
- The allocation of the Exam Centers for CAPF will be done by UPSC.
- The criteria for allocation of CAPF Exam Centers is first-come-first-serve basis i.e. only a fixed number of candidates can appear for the CAPF AC at a particular CAPF Exam Center.
- As soon as the maximum number of seats for a particular CAPF Exam Center are fileed, CAPF Exam Center becomes unavailable for choice during the CAPF Online Application.
CAPF Exam Pattern
- The CAPF written test is scheduled on July 23, 2017 in offline mode.
- The written test comprises two parts namely Paper I and Paper II. The total duration of the exam is 5 hours where Paper I is of 2 hours and Paper II is of 3 hours.
- Paper I, an objective test, analyses the General Ability and Intelligence of the candidate.
- Questions in the Paper I are based on General Science, History of India and various current affairs. There are 125 objective type questions with total weightage of 250 mark
- Paper II is subjective in nature.
- The medium for essay component of Paper II is either English or Hindi whereas the medium for Precise Writing, Comprehension Components and other communication skills is English only.
- There are a total of 10 questions carrying 200 marks.
Here are the highlights of CAPF Exam Pattern for your reference:
|CAPF Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of papers||2|
|Duration of exam||Paper 1- 2 hours; Paper 2- 3 hours|
|Nature of Paper 1||Objective (125 questions)|
|Nature of Paper 2||Subjective (10 questions)|
|Marking scheme for Paper 1||+1 for a correct answer; -0.33 marks for an incorrect answer|
|Language of exam||English and Hindi|
Check Here Detailed CAPF EXAM PATTERN
The syllabus for CAPF is different for both the papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2). You can check them below:
CAPF Syllabus for General Ability and Intelligence
|General Mental Ability||General Science|
|Current Events of National and International Importance||Indian Politics and Economy|
|Indian History||Indian and World Geography|
CAPF Syllabus for General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
Part A of Paper II holds a weightage of 80 marks in the exam. Topics included in Part A of the Paper II of CAPF AC Exam are tabulated below:
|Essay that is to be written in either Hindi or English||Modern Indian History|
|Indian Constitution||Freedom Struggle|
|Human rights and issues||Analytical Ability|
Part B holds a weightage of 120 marks in the CAPF Exam. Prepare the topics given below to crack this section with a good score:
|Simple Grammar||Other Language and Communication skills|
Download Here CAPF Syllabus
CAPF Result 2017
- After the CAPF Exam has been conducted, the conducting body publishes the official answer key.
- CAPF Answer Key is expected to be published on the official website in July 2017. The CAPF Answer Key is generated for only Paper I as it is objective in nature. It helps the candidate to predict the UPSC CAPF Result before declaration.
- Candidates can check CAPF Result on the official website UPSC in October 2017. The ones who obtain the minimum qualifying score will appear for the Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Test. The Final result for CAPF is declared after conduction of the Personality test/ Interview.
- CAPF Marksheet is available on the official website after the result has been declared. It is expected to be available 15 days after the declaration of final result. The Marksheet will be available for a period of 30 days on the official website.
The steps to check CAPF Result are given below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i..e upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘CAPF 2017 Result’
- The result for CAPF is displayed in PDF Format
- Find your roll number and download the UPSC CAPF Result
Check Here CAPF Result
CAPF Cut Off 2017
- CAPF Cut off forms the basis of selection of candidate for the applied post.
- The CAPF Cut off is displayed on the official website after each stage of declaration of UPSC CAPF Result.
- Cutoff for CAPF is published separately for Paper I, Written Test and Final Selection.
The expected CAPF Cut off is mentioned in the table below:
|Paper I (Out of 250)||110- 120||110- 120||90- 100||90- 100||35- 45|
|Written Mark (Out of 450)||170- 180||170- 180||150- 160||145- 155||65- 75|
|Final Mark (Out of 600)||275- 285||270- 280||250- 260||245- 255||200- 210|
CAPF Selection Process
The CAPF Selection Process is a three stage process i.e. Written test, Physical Efficiency and Medical Standard Test and Personality Test or Interview. Candidates have to qualify each stage with the minimum qualifying marks mentioned in CAPF Cut off to be recruited to the desired post. The various stages of the CAPF Selection Process have been explained below:
CAPF Written Test
- The written test for CAPF is an offline examination which is conducted in two parts namely Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is objective (2 hours) while Paper II is subjective (3 hours) in nature.
- Paper 1- Candidates are tested on General Mental Ability and basic current affairs. The total weightage of all the topics is 250 marks for 125 questions.
- Paper 2- The topics asked in Paper II of the CAPF written test are Essay writing, Précis Writing, Question from Comprehension and Passage, Counter Argument type questions, Report Writing and Other Grammar Questions.
Physical Efficiency test and Medical Standards
Students who qualify the written test are summoned about their eligibility for the Physical Efficiency Test. The application of the female candidates who are pregnant during the PET will be rejected. The physical standards considered during the PET are mentioned below:
|Test||Male candidates||Female candidates|
|100 meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long jump||3.5 meters (3 chances)||3 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot put (7.26 kg)||4.5 meters||--|
CAPF Personality Test
- Candidates who qualify the medical standard test will be called for the Personality test or Interview conducted by UPSC. The Interview is of 150 marks. Candidates are questioned by a jury of 3-4 experienced and intellectual people and one chairperson who is serving CAPF presently.
- Candidate is questioned on the answers filled in Detailed Application form (DAF) and then few questions about the basic current affairs. The answer of one question is followed up by various other questions. Candidate must prepare all the related questions to their answer in DAF. We suggest you to follow national and regional newspapers to keep yourself updated about the current issues.
- Be well dressed and confident during the entire session to get selected easily.
Check Here Detailed CAPF Selection Process