UCEED 2018 SYLLABUS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
Syllabus for UCEED 2018 is stipulated by UCEED Admission Committee. UCEED 2018 Syllabus is based on 10+2 standard. It is important to understand the formation of questions from different subjects. As UCEED is for the students of all the streams (Arts, Commerce & Science), so syllabus covers the topics which are common for design purpose and attainable for all streams’ students. Much weightage is given on Analytical skills, Observation skills, Reasoning ability & English Language Skills. Most of the questions are based on Image, Shape and Size.
UCEED 2018 syllabus covers 6 topics:
UCEED is conducted in about 19 cities of India. A candidate can select 3 cities for center giving preference first, second and third. UCEED 2018 will be conducted in the month of January 2018. Students from any stream like Commerce, Arts, and Science can apply for UCEED 2018.
UCEED 2018 Marking Scheme
UCEED 2018 is of total 300 marks. UCEED 2018 question paper is divided in 3 sections A, B & C. Section A is NAT (Numeric Answer Type). This section contains 20 questions and each question carries 4 marks. So weightage of Section A is 80 marks. There is no negative marking for Section A.
Section B of UCEED 2018 question paper is MSQ (Multiple Select Question). This section contains 25 questions and each question carries 4 marks. So weightage of Section B is 100 marks. There is no negative marking for Section B.
Section C of UCEED 2018 question paper is MCQ (Multiple Choice Question). This section contains 40 questions and each question carries 3 marks. So weightage of Section C is 120 marks. Considerable fact is that this section has Negative Marking Rule. Each wrong answer carries -1 mark.
Under this topic of UCEED 2018, Images and Diagrams are the basis of the questions. There would be 2D/3D shapes and objects. This topic intends to test understanding of changing shapes and objects, position, area and size of things and relation between the different shapes and images.
Important Matter to Study: Pattern and Design of Paper Folding Materials and Type of Texture, Texture Making Materials, Production Materials, Decoration Materials - Flooring, Cladding (protective material which covers the surface of something), Wall Protection and Decoration - Paints, Plasters etc. Conventional/Unconventional Materials for Construction, Design and Decoration, Optical Illusion (2D/3D objects and understanding)
1. A 12cm x 12cm x 12cm wooden cube is painted and its four views are shown below. This cube is sliced into 64 smaller equal cubes of 3cm x 3cm x 3cm. How many of these small cubes will have exactly one green face and exactly one orange face in the same cube?
2. The following figure is cloned and the cloned figure is reflected along the XY axis. How many rectangles are present in the resultant figure?
3. Shown below are pieces of a regular polygon. How many sides does the polygon have?
4. If gear ‘P’ is the driver gear and rotates clockwise, which of the following statements is true?
Questions will be based on comparison of images, finding out some hidden shapes, sizes, images in an image or shape or in any size, matching shapes & objects. Images may be related to people, wild life, animals, nature scene, situations, incidents etc. This is intended to test observing ability, reasoning and analysing ability etc.
Important Matter to Study: Logos and Punchlines, Type of Logos, Designs of Logos Chronology, Hidden meanings in logos, Punchlines Perspective, Colour Theory and Line Theory, Elements of Design, Principles of Design, Colour Psychology and Significance, Photography Evolution of Camera, Type of Cameras, Camera and Its functioning Technologies and terms Accessories, Photography Glossary, Typography Element and Principles of Design Lines, Shape, Form, Colour, Pattern, Texture.
Some samples questions are being given herewith for ready reference, extracted from UCEED previous years exam.
1. Shown below are photographs of same objects using different settings. Given that the lighting conditions were constant in all, which of the following statement(s) is/are TRUE?
2. Which of the option(s) describe(s) the films shown below in the correct order?
3. How many different types of characters appear in the figure given below?
4. How many fonts are used in the given sets of words?
Questions on this topic combine Art/Architecture and Design based different aspects related to environment and social life like Natural Resources: Water, Forests, Food, Agriculture, and Vegetation; Weather, Climate, Population, Living Standard, Culture, History, Literature and Premises. Every aspect has deep impact on design, creativity and its mechanism. This topic is intended to test general understanding about the Evolution of Art, Architecture & Design as per the society and impact of changing environmental scenario on the same.
Important Matter to Study: History of Indian Art/Design, An overview of World Art, Art and Architecture, Social and Cultural relation with Art/Design, Environmentally Sustainable Designs, Indian Cultural Background & Famous Structures, Musical instruments, Musical Maestros, Dance forms, Crafts and Dresses.
For Better understating about the topic, some questions are being given below, which have been extracted from UCEED previous years exam.
1. Which of the sculpture(s) given below belong(s) to the Gandhara style?
2. Shown on the left is the logo of Beijing Olympics. Which of the pictogram(s) was/were used in the same Olympics?
This topic is on decision making, problem solving, use of discretion in all confusing conditions and select the best logical option. This is intended to test clarity of thinking, brain storming, selection and explanation of correct argument, opinion and solution etc.
Important Matter to Study: Arguments, Assumptions, Course of Action, Assertion and Reasoning, Causes and Effect, Analogies, Direction and Distance, Mathematical Tricks, Cubes, Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Syllogism (a process of logic in which two general statements lead to a more particular statement) Punch Line etc.
For ready reference some sample questions, extracted from previous UCEED Exam are being given below herewith,
1. The object shown below is rotated by 180 degree about the X axis in the anticlockwise direction as seen from the top. Identify the trail left by the orange blobs when seen from the top.
2. Shown below are the different views of the same ball, identify its top view.
3. Identify the odd one out.
4. The enclosed yellow shape within the letter ’b’ is called a counter, which option has the red shape as the counter?
This topic of UCEED syllabus is basically on General English Language understanding. Questions cover some part of English Grammar like Tenses, Verb, Active-Passive, Articles, and Sentence Structure, Paragraph etc. Besides this word power, vocabulary enrichment, creative use of words and innovative construction of sentences are also covered in this section.
UCEED previous exam sample questions are given below.
1. Given below is a list of ten idioms with animal/bird/fish/insect origins. Each of the four options contains four meanings. Identify the option that contains four correct meanings for any four of the idioms.
2. Choose the set of words that will correctly complete the following five sentences from the word sets given in the options.
3. Our natural _______________ to focus on the unusual, the dramatic and the ___________ is strengthened ________________ by newspaper and other media, but our interest _______________ quickly as well.
This is related to imagining, visualizing and developing creative designing features like Signs, Symbols, Maps, Structures, Images and Analogy etc. Besides this, questions test ability to identifying problem, find out alternatives, idea generation and development, selection of feasible options.
1. Which shape will exactly fit which figure 1 without leaving any gaps, given that the shapes can be rotated?
2. A cube, cuboid, a cone and a sphere were developed from an experimental material. In vacuum, the combines mass of the cuboid and the sphere is equivalent to the combined mass of the cube and the cone. The mass of the cuboid is equivalent to the combined mass of the sphere and the cone. The sphere weighed 2 kilograms and occupied a volume of 62.5 cubic cm in vacuum. One of the properties of this material is such that the length of the side of the cube doubles when exposed to air. How many cubes are needed to fill a tank of dimension 50cm x 50cm in air?
3. The image in the box on the left hand side shows the open and closed positions for a metal stand. The other two images show the various joints in the stand. If a fixed joint is denoted by ‘f’ and a hinged joint is denoted by ‘h’ then which of the options is correct?
4. Three holes have been drilled through a cube of size 5 x 5 x 5 units. From the options given, identify the form the can fill the holes perfectly?
Note: Sample questions are taken from previous UCEED exams
UCEED 2018 is online computerised test. Duration of the test is 3 hrs. This test is of total 300 marks and 85 questions are given in UCEED. UCEED Exam paper is divided into 3 sections as is given below:
Note : Very Important fact about UCEED Exam pattern is that there are 3 sections and accordingly the Section marks weightage is given to each section as is shown in Marking Scheme above in this writing. There are 6 topics in UCEED Exam as already given out in detail above. Any topic can be included in any Section of UCEED Exam Paper. There is no pattern like what specific topic will be covered in any Particular Section. English and Environment these 2 topics, in the most of the cases, are not included in Section A (NAT).
Calculator, Graph sheet, Chart, Table, Cellular Phone, Smart Watches, and Electronic Gadgets are not allowed in UCEED 2018.
|1.||UCEED (B.Des) Entrance Books and Test Series Paperback – 2017||AFAINDIA|
|2.||The Design of Everyday Things: Revised and Expanded Edition Kindle Edition||Don Norman|
|3.||UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude||Institute of Creative Sciences|
|4.||Comprehensive English for NID, NIFT, UCEED, CEED, NATA, B.Arch & Other Design Entrance Exams Paperback – 2017||Designologue|