TSICET 2017 (Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test) is expected to be conducted on May 19, 2017. TSICET 2016 is conducted for admission to M.B.A. and M.C.A. courses (full time/part-time/evening/distance mode) at various universities in the state of Telangana, and their affiliated colleges. The Kakatiya University is the conducting authority for TSICET 2017. The result for TSICET 2017 will be declared by May 31, 2017.
Post declaration of TSICET 2017 Result, the colleges and universities accepting TSICET 2017 Scores and ranks will declare their individual TSICET 2017 Cut off. This will be followed by the subsequent stages of the admission process of TSICET 2017 such as TSICET 2017 Counselling, allotment of seats for TSICET 2017 etc.
The TSICET 2017 Cut off can be checked at the TSICET 2017 Participating Colleges i.e. through offline mode only. The TSICET 2017 Cut off for various colleges and universities will vary according to the category that the candidate belongs to. Hence, the candidates must check their individual requirement of the TSICET Cut off carefully to ensure that they are eligible for the process of TSICET 2017 Counselling.
How to Check the TSICET 2017 Result?
TSICET 2017 Result will be declared online on the official website of Kakatiya University. The TSICET 2017 Result and the rank card will not be sent by post/courier to the candidates. The hall ticket number of TSICET 2017 must be kept ready for accessing the result of TSICET 2017.
The step by step procedure for checking the TSICET 2017 result is as below:
- Log on to the official website of TSICET, www.tsicet.org. Click on a link on the home page for TSICET 2017 Result.
- Enter your hall ticket number and date of birth for accessing the result for TSICET 2017.
- If the entered details are valid, the result of TSICET 2017 will appear on the screen.
- The candidate can now check his/ her marks and whether he/she passed the examination according to the minimum cutoff.
- Download the result and take a printout for use at subsequent stages of the admission process.
The result for TSICET 2017 also contains the individual rank obtained by the candidate. This rank, according to the marks obtained by the candidate, will be used to create the merit list for TSICET 2017.
Re-checking of the TSICET 2017 Result
According to the norms set by the TSICET 2017 conducting authority, there is a provision for re-checking of the marks obtained in the TSICET 2017. A candidate can apply for the re-checking of his/her TSICET 2017 marks, if he/she wishes to. A request for re-checking, in the Admissions Cell within 15 days of announcement of TSICET 2017 result will have to be submitted. A re-checking of the TSICET result fee of INR 1000/- will also need to be submitted by the candidate for the same.
TSICET 2017 Result – Merit List Generation
After the Result for TSICET 2017 has been officially announced, the candidates will be arranged in order of merit according to the marks obtained by the candidate in the TSICET 2017. This TSICET 2017 Merit List will be used as reference for selection of candidate for the TSICET 2017 Counselling process.
The TSICET 2017 Participating institutes declare a separate TSICET 2017 Cut off based on marks obtained by candidates. The candidates have to satisfy the minimum marks requirement to qualify for admissions through TSICET 2017.
Tie- breaker for Merit list Generation for TSICET 2017
According to the rules and regulations of TSICET 2017, there is a tie- resolution procedure for deciding the ranks of the candidates who score equal marks in the TSICET 2017. The tie- breaker criteria for TSICET 2017 is explained below:
- The candidate with higher marks in Section A will be allotted the higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with higher Marks in Section B will be allotted the higher rank.
- If tie still remains unresolved, the age criteria will be applied and the older candidate will be allotted the higher rank for generation of the merit list of the TSICET 2017 Result.
TSICET 2017 Cutoff
- The TSICET 2017 cutoff will be declared online only.
- The declared cutoff will not change and will be announced only once.
- The cutoff will vary according to the category that the candidate belongs to (as mentioned in the submitted TSICET 2017 Application Form). Hence, the candidates must ensure to check the cutoff carefully to avoid any confusion.
- The minimum requirement of the marks to be eligible/ the qualifying percentage of marks to be obtained by the candidate is 25% (that is, at least 50 marks out of 200). However, there is no requirement of qualifying percentage of marks for candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes (SC) or Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- Going by the general trend of cut off in the recent years, the TSICET Cut off for 2017 is most likely to be similar to TSICET Cut off for 2016.
Also Know About TSICET Counselling
Factors affecting TSICET 2017 Cutoff
The TSICET 2017 cutoff will be influenced by many factors, as listed below:
- The total number of candidates who are taking the exam for securing admission in MBA/ MCA course for the academic year 2017- 2019 in the participating colleges and universities.
- The overall level of the exam, that is, difficult, medium, or easy.
- The relative performance of the test takers in the exam in 2017.
- The number of seats in the respective colleges and universities
- The number of seats reserved for candidates from various categories.
Availability of the TSICET 2017 Cutoff
- The cutoff will be announced when the TSICET 2017 marks and ranks are declared.
- The cutoff for TSICET 2017 can be checked at the official website of TSICET: www.tsicet.org.
- The cutoff marks will be available on the result page or score card can be downloaded from the website.
- The cutoffs of the individual colleges will be declared on their respective websites.
- The TSICET 2017 cutoff according to the category- wise reservation rules can also be checked at the portals mentioned above.
- The result for TSICET 2017 and the score/rank card will not be sent to the candidates by post/ courier. They will be available online only as explained above.
Important Points to Remember for TSICET 2017 Result
- The minimum percentage marks to be obtained by the candidate to be eligible/ qualify for the next rounds if the selection process is 25%, that is, 50 marks out of 200. But there is no requirement of minimum qualifying marks for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories.
- Ranks will be allotted according to the marks obtained by the candidate in the TSICET 2017 result. As per the ranks, a merit list will be generated which will be considered for admissions in MBA/ MCA programmes in the respective colleges and universities.