TSICET 2017 Eligibility
TSICET 2017 (Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test) will be conducted by Kakatiya University for admission to post graduate programmes of Master of Business Application (MBA) and Master of Computer Application (MCA). The candidates can apply for full time or part-time or evening or distance mode courses through TSICET.
TSICET 2017 is a state level examination that is conducted every year by Kakatiya University, Warangal to offer admissions to various colleges in the state of Telangana. Updates and notifications will be available on the official website. Before beginning the TSICET Application Process, candidates must check and determine whether they are eligible. In case a candidate fails to satisfy the TSICET 2017 Eligibility criteria, the application of the candidate may be liable for rejection.
TSICET 2017 Academic Qualification
Following is the TSICET 2017 Eligibility criteria which the candidate applying for TSICET 2017 will be required to fulfil:
- The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Telangana State Educational Institutions (TSEI).
- The candidates who are from other nationalities are required to satisfy the rules of the Universities concerned.
- For MBA
The candidate should have passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.
The candidate should have passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their under graduate degree course will also be eligible to appear for TSICET-2017.
- Qualifying marks in TSICET is 25% and no minimum marks are prescribed for SC / ST candidates.
Candidates must note that mere qualification in the TSICET 2017 does not entitle admission of the candidate to MBA/MCA course. The candidate will additionally be required to:
- Appear for TSICET 2017 Counselling at the notified Centres.
- Apply in response to the admission notification issued by the authority concerned (for part-time\evening\distance mode).
- Satisfy all the TSICET 2017 Eligibility criteria for admission as stipulated by the authority concerned.
TSICET 2017 Colleges
The colleges that will consider the TSICET 2017 marks for admission into their postgraduate MBA and MCA courses are as follows:
- Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural University (PJSAU)
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)
- JNT University, Hyderabad (JNTU-H)
- Kakatiya University (KU)
- Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU)
- Osmania University (OU)
- Palamuru University (PU)
- Satavahana University (SU)
- Telangana University (TU)
This is one of the colleges that will accept TSICET 2017 marks for admission into its post graduate programmes. Candidates must be aware of its requirements and specifications.
Candidates seeking admission into MBA (Technology Management) of Osmania University will be required to satisfy the following conditions.
- Bachelors' Degree from Osmania University or a Degree recognised by the University as equivalent thereto, with an aggregate of not less than 45% marks in Part-I and Part-II put together (Non-Credit courses not included). A pass for SC and ST Candidates is sufficient.
- The candidates seeking admission must qualify in the entrance examination TSICET examination conducted in the year of admission as per the norms prescribed by the University.
- Sponsored Category (For Employees)
- Bachelor's Degree from Osmania University or a Degree recognised by the University as equivalent thereto, with an aggregate of not less than 45% marks in Part I and Part-II put together (Non-credit courses not included). A pass for SC & ST candidates is sufficient.
- The candidate seeking admission must have a minimum of three years’ experience in Executive / Managerial /Administrative / Supervisory position in a Commercial / Industrial / Business / Government / Non-Commercial undertaking /any other organisation, after obtaining the Bachelor's Degree.
- Candidates under sponsored category need not appear for entrance examination (I-CET).
- The selection of candidates under sponsored category is based on the number of marks earned by the candidate as per the criteria given below:
|Selection Criteria||Weightage of marks||Maximum marks|
|Masters or other higher qualification||2|
|Marks per year for first 5 years of Executive experience||25||35|
|Marks per year beyond 5 years of Executive experience (Subject to a maximum of 10 marks)||10|
It is important for the candidates to know about the total intake capacity of the college that they are applying to. Osmania University has a total of 80 seats. Out of these seats, 40 are reserved for Sponsored Category (Employees Only). The remaining 40 seats are allocated for Non-sponsored Category.
TSICET 2016 Reservation
The TSICET 2016 Reservation policy includes various categories of candidates belonging to Telangana and not belonging to Telangana. The categories considered are:
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- Physically Handicapped
- Children of Ex-Servicemen/Defence Personnel
- Minority Candidates
- Anglo-Indian Candidates
Certificates to Be Produced By All Candidates
The candidates are required to produce the following documents during the TSICET 2016 Counselling:
- All original certificates and 2 sets of Xerox copies like TSICET 2016 Hall Ticket
- Rank Card
- Degree Marks Memos and Pass Certificate
- Intermediate Marks Memo
- S.S.C or its equivalent Marks memo
- IX to Degree Study Certificates
- Residence Certificate (in case where the candidate has no institutionalized education)
- In case of non-local candidates residential certificate of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years excluding the period of employment outside Telangana from Tehsildar.
- Income Certificate issued after 01.01.2015
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate issued by competent authority and also PH/CAP/NCC/Sports/Minority Certificate if applicable.
Certificates to Be Produced By PH/CAP/NCC/Sports/Minority Candidates/Anglo-Indian
For Physically Handicapped
- Certificate issued by District Medical Board
- Candidates with 40% and above disability are only eligible
For Children of Armed Personnel (CAP)
- Certificate issued by Zila Sainik Welfare Officer
- Identity card, and Discharge book (In case of Ex-Service men)
- Service Certificate (in case of Service Men) issued by Competent Authority for verification
- Candidates whose parents are domiciled in the State of Telangana based on the Permanent Address/Home Town declared by them while joining the service and as recorded in the their Service Register are alone eligible to be considered under CAP Category
For NCC & Sports
- To produce Original Certificates issued by competent authorities
- SSC TC containing Minority Status or Certificate from the Head Master
- A Certificate issued by Competent Authority of their place of Residence.