TSICET 2017 Application Form, Exam Pattern
TSICET 2017: Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test (TSICET) 2017 is a state level entrance test for admission to MBA and MCA courses of all the Universities in Telangana State and their affiliated institutes. Kakatiya University, Warangal conducts TSICET on the behalf of Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE).
TSICET 2017 official notification has been released on February 23, 2017. The exam is scheduled on May 18, 2017. The other important dates related to TSICET 2017 have also been announced by Kakatiya University.
TSICET 2017 Application Form has begun from March 14, 2017 and will end on April 16, 2017. Since TSICET Registration is an online process, thus do not send a hard copy of the application form. The application fee is INR 350 and INR 250 for general and reserved category candidates respectively. Apply Online for TSICET 2017
The last date to submit the application form with late fee is May 14, 2017. Only Indian nationals are eligible for TSICET exam. Check Here TSICET Eligibility
TSICET Exam Highlights
TSICET is a single stage which enables all aspiring and qualified candidates seeking admissions to MBA/ MCA programmes across various colleges of Telangana. The exam will be held at 16 Regional Test Centers in Telangana State.
|Date of TSICET||May 18, 2017|
|Conducting Body||Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)/ Kakatiya University|
|Mode of TSICET||Offline|
|Medium of TSICET||English Language|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Minutes (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Sections||Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
TSICET 2017 Schedule
The schedule for TSICET 2017 has been released. Candidates can apply for TSICET on the official website. The last date of form submission is April 16, 2017. The table below elucidates the schedule for TSICET exam:
|Notification Date TSICET 2017||February 23, 2017|
|Start of Submission & Registration of Online Application form||March 14, 2017|
|Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form without late fee||April 16, 2017|
|Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form with late fee of INR 500/-||April 24, 2017|
|Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form with late fee of INR 2000/-||May 02, 2017|
|Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form with late fee of INR 5000/-||May 08, 2017|
|Last date for Submission & Registration of Online Application form with late fee of INR 10000/-||May 14, 2017|
|Start of Downloading of TSICET 2017 Hall Tickets||April 24, 2017|
|Date of TSICET 2017 Exam||May 18, 2017|
|The announcement of Preliminary Key||May 21, 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Objections on Preliminary Key||May 27, 2017|
|Announcement of Final Key and Results||May 30, 2017|
TSICET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfil TSICET eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission to MBA and MCA courses.It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to make sure that they satisfy all those criteria set by the conducting body. In case any candidate fails to fulfil the TSICET Eligibility Criteria then their candidature will be liable for rejection at any stage of the Admission Procedure.
TSICET Eligibility Criteria notified by Kakatiya University are detailed below:
- An applicant must be an Indian National
- They should satisfy local/non-local status requirements laid down in the Telangana State Educational Institutions (TSEI)
- The qualifying examination details set by the conducting body for MBA and MCA courses are detailed in this table:
|Minimum Educational Qualification|
|For MBA Applicants||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree Examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination.|
|For MCA Applicants||Recognized Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum 3 years’ duration with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of reserved categories) in the qualifying examination with Mathematics at 10+2 level.|
- If the qualifying degree is obtained by distance mode then it should be recognised by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying examination can also apply provided their results will be declared on or before the TSICET 2017 Counselling Process
TSICET 2017 Application Process
TSICET 2017 Application Form are available online at icet.tsche.ac.in. The application process is completely online. Paying of registration fee is the very first step to complete the application form. The fee can be done either in offline or in online mode.
- For those candidates who wish to pay the application fee offline can pay at the nearest AP Online/ e-Seva /mee Seva centres and use the Transaction ID obtained upon payment while filling the online TSICET Application Form.
Note: Candidates can avail information about the nearest AP Online / e-Seva / Mee Seva centres through this link- http://www.tsicet.org/Content/frmPaymentCenters.aspx
- For those candidates who wish to pay online can pay directly via Debit Card/Credit Card while filling the online TSICET 2017 Application Form.
The registration fee for the TSICET 2017 is
- INR 250/- for SC/ST Candidates
- INR 350/- for Other Candidates
But for those candidates who submit the application form after the first deadline have to pay a late fee. The late fee payment details are given below:
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before April 24, 2017||INR 500/- and with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 02, 2017||INR 2000/- with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 08, 2017||INR 5000/- with Registration Fee|
|Submission & Registration of Online Application on or before May 14, 2017||INR 10000/- with Registration Fee.|
Steps for TSICET 2017 Application Process
The Application Process is carried out only in online mode. Candidates should keep all the details ready before filling the TSICET Application Form. TSICET 2017 Application Process consists of the following steps:
Step 1: Registration and Payment
- Go to the official website: tsicet.org
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’
- ‘Registration Fee Payment Procedure’ web page will appear on the screen
In order to pay via AP Online / e-Seva/ Mee Seva mode, the applicants have to follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Click here if paid through AP Online / e-Seva/ Mee Seva’ button
- In the Payment Verification web page enter the Transaction ID
- Click on ‘Proceed to Online Application form filling’
In order to pay via Debit card/ Credit card, the applicants have to follow these steps:
- Click on the online payment option
- In the ‘Payment Gateway’, Select the card type (VISA or MasterCard or Maestro)
- Enter card details
- Click ‘Pay Now’
- Enter the details of OTP/ IPIN
- Click on ‘Proceed to Online Application Form Filling’
After clicking on ‘Proceed to Online Application Form Filling’ the Online TSICET 2017 Application form will appear.
Step 2: TSICET 2017 Application Form Filling
The candidates have to fill these details:
1. Candidate’s Personal Details
2. Qualifying Examination Details
3. Exam Centre
4. Candidates’ Category as mentioned in the Caste certificate.
5. Local Area Status: AU (Andhra University), OU (Osmania University), SVU (Sri Venkateswara University) or Non-Local.
6. SSC (10th class) or equivalent details
7. Select whether Non-Minority / Minority.
8. Special Category, if applicable, such as
- NCC/ PH (Physically Handicapped)
- OH (Orthopaedically Handicapped)
- CAP (Children of Armed Personnel)
- VH (Visually Handicapped)
- HI (Hearing Impaired)
9. Annual Income of the Parent
10. Address for Correspondence, contact number and email ID
11. Intermediate /Degree details
Step 3: Upload Photo and Signature
- Photograph Format: jpg file, Size: less than 30 KB
- Signature Format: jpg format, Size: less than 15 KB
Step 4: Counter check all the details in the TSICET 2017 Application Form
Step 5: Accept the Declaration and Submit
Step 6: A preview of the filled in TSICET Application Form with a Registration ID will appear on the screen.
Step 7: The candidate must take a print out of this preview of the filled in TSICET 2017 Application form for use at subsequent stages of the selection process.
No changes in the application form are entertained by the conducting body. However, certain cases (except Regional Test Centre) can be edited if a request letter with relevant proof is sent to Convener, TSICET 2017 or on email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
TSICET 2017 Admit Card
Candidatdes can download the TSICET 2017 Admit Card during the first week of May 2017 (tentative) from the official website. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the TSICET 2017 without the TSICET 2017 Admit Card. TSICET 2017 Hall Ticket is also a necessary document for TSICET 2017 Counselling Process and the subsequent admission procedures.
A candidate can follow these steps in order to download the TSICET 2017 Hall Ticket:
- Click on the official website link: tsicet.org
- Click on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ link.
- Enter the following details:
- TSICET 2017 Application No
- Date of birth in DD/MM/YY format
- Click on ‘Get Hall Ticket’
- TSICET 2017 Hall Ticket will be generated
- Save the TSICET 2017 Admit Card and take a clear print out the same
If there are any kind of discrepancies in the TSICET 2017 Hall Ticket or the candidates cannot access the admit card online they must contact the conducting authority in the address given below:
TSICET - 2016 OFFICE
University College of Commerce and Business Management
Kakatiya University, Vidyaranyapuri,
Warangal- 506009, Telangana
Contact No: 0870-2438088
TSICET 2017 Exam Pattern
The TSICET 2017 is expected to be conducted in the third week of May 2017. TSICET 2017 will be conducted in offline mode. The TSICET 2017 Exam Pattern will consist of 200 Multiple Choice Questions which have to be attempted in 150 minutes. Below is a table that gives a detailed idea of TSICET 2017 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Pen Paper based|
|Total Duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Number of questions/ section||Analytical Ability: 75 Mathematical Ability: 75 Communication Ability: 50|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer 0 marks for unanswered questions No negative marking for incorrect answer|
|Sections||Topics||No of questions|
|Section A- Analytical Ability||Data Sufficiency||20|
|Section B- Mathematical Ability||Arithmetical Ability||35|
|Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|Section C- Communication Ability||Vocabulary||10|
|Business and Computer Terminology||10|
|Duration of the test||150 minutes (2 hours)|
Each of the three sections is further divided into sub-sections. The number of questions in each section and sub-section is detailed below.
Read More TSICET Exam Pattern
TSICET 2017 Result
TSICET Result will be announced in the last week of May 2017. The unreserved category candidates must secure at least 25% marks in order to qualify it. However, for the candidates of ST or SC categories, there are no such qualifying marks.
Candidates can check their individual TSICET 2017 Scorecard through the following steps:
- Go to the official website of TSICET
- Click on the link of TSICET 2017 Result
- Enter the Hall Ticket Number
- The individual TSICET 2017 Scorecard will be displayed on the screen
Based on the TSICET 2017 Results, the conducting body will announce the TSICET 2017 Merit List
Check Here TSICET Result
TSICET 2017 Rank Card
Along with the TSICET 2017 Result, Rank Card will also be announced. By accessing individual Rank Cards, candidates can have an idea about their overall and category rank in the TSICET 2017 exam. Based on this rank, the conducting body will release a merit list which will be considered for seat allotment. Steps to check individual TSICET 2017 Rank Card are as follows:
- Visit to the official website
- Click on the ‘TSICET 2017 Rank Card’ link
- Enter the Hall Ticket Number
- Upon clicking the submit button the TSICET 2017 Rank Card will be generated
TSICET 2017 Tie Breaking Procedure
Those candidates who have secured equal ranks or marks will undergo the below-mentioned tie-breaking procedure:
- Candidate who secures higher marks in Section A will be given higher preference
- If the tie still persists, higher marks in Section B will be considered
- If the tie still remains, the older candidate will be given first preference
TSICET 2017 Counselling
Once theTSICET Results are declared, the conducting body will announce the TSICET 2017 Merit list on the official website. Based on this TSICET Merit list, qualified candidates will proceed for the TSICET 2017 Counselling Process.
TSICET 2017 Counselling Process will contain various steps which are discussed below:
- Candidate Registration: All the candidates who are selected for TSICET 2017 Counsellingmust register themselves by filling the registration form at the counselling centre.
- Certificate verification: Once the registration is done, the candidates must report to the counselling centre with the required list of documents mentioned below for certificate verification.
- Online Web Options Entry & Freezing or Locking of Options: After the certificate verification, the conducting body will release an online portal for the candidates where they have to enter their preference of colleges in the online portal and lock it.
- TSICET 2017 Seat Allotment: During the TSICET 2017 seat allotment process, those choices that have been locked before the deadline will be considered for seat allocation. The final seat allotment will be made on the basis of the TSICET 2017 Merit list and availability of seats apart from the candidate’s choice.
- Payment of Fee and Reporting in allotted college: The ultimate step of TSICET 2017 Counselling is payment of the fee. The candidates are required to download the bank challan from the online website. The fee can be paid in any of the Andhra Bank or Indian Bank in the state of Telangana. The candidates will receive a proof of the payment and with this receipt, the candidates must report to the allotted colleges.
TSICET 2017 Counselling Documents
The candidates appearing for TSICET 2017 Counselling are required to take certain documents to the counselling centre. Candidates of all categories must carry these documents for TSICET Counselling 2017:
- Rank Card
- TSICET 2017 Hall ticket.
- Mark sheet of SSC / Intermediate or Equivalent Qualifying Examination.
- Class IX to Degree Certificates.
- Caste & Income certificate issued on or after 1st June 2017.
- Transfer Certificate of Degree or Equivalent.
- Residence Certificate
- In the case of non-local candidates residential certificate of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years excluding the period of employment outside Telangana from Tehsildar.
- Aadhar Card
Certificates to Be Produced By PH/CAP/NCC/Sports/Minority Candidates/Anglo-Indian
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the candidates of PH/CAP/NCC/Sports/Minority Candidates/Anglo-Indian must carry certain other documents to support their status or category on the day of the TSICET Counselling. A list of such documents are mentioned below:
- For Physically Handicapped
- Certificate issued by District Medical Board
- Candidates with 40% and above disability are only eligible
- For Children of Armed Personnel (CAP)
- Certificate issued by Zila Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Identity card, and Discharge book (In the case of Ex-Service men).
- Service Certificate (in the case of Service Men) issued by Competent Authority for verification.
- Candidates whose parents are domiciled in the State of Telangana based on the Permanent Address/Home Town declared by them while joining the service and as recorded in their Service Register are alone eligible to be considered under CAP Category.
- For NCC & Sports
Original Certificates issued by competent authorities.
- For Minorities
SSC TC containing Minority Status or Certificate from the Head Master.
- For Anglo-Indian
A Certificate issued by Competent Authority of their place of Residence.