TS PGECET 2017 (Telangana State Post Graduation Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Osmania University every year for the candidates seeking admission to M. Tech programme. The admission procedure starts with written test followed by counselling process. TS PGECET 2017 Counselling starts after the result declaration. Only those candidates who have scored qualifying marks in the entrance exam will be called for the counselling process.
All the qualified candidates are advised to appear for document verification and then participate in TS PGECET 2017 Counselling process. GATE qualified candidates are given preference during the allocation of seats over TS PGECET qualified candidates. All the necessary information i.e. TS PGECET 2017 Counselling Schedule, Document Verification details, Seat Allotment information etc., are listed here in this article to help the candidates seeking admission to the post graduate course.
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling Schedule
GATE, GPAT or TS PGECET qualifying candidates will be allowed to attend the TS PGECET Web Counselling as per the schedule mention below on any of the Help Line Centres. In order to complete the counselling procedure, a candidate has to submit non-refundable processing fee at the time of document verification, else his/her attendance during the counselling will not be considered.
TS PGECET 2016 Counselling Schedule for Special Category Students
|Date||Exam||Category||Help Line Centre to Report|
|July 20, 2017||GATE||NCC, CAP, Sports, PH||Nizam College, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana|
TS PGECET 2016 Counselling Schedule
|Date||Time||Exam||Ranks||Date for Option Entry|
|July 20, 2017||9 am||GATE||All eligible candidates||July 22 to 23, 2017|
|July 21, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||1||200||July 23 to 24, 2017|
|July 22, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||401||900||July 24 to 25, 2017|
|July 23, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||1401||2000||July 25 to 26, 2017|
|July 24, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||2601||3000||July 26 to 27, 2017|
|July 25, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||3801||4000||July 27 to 28, 2017|
|July 26, 2017||9 am||TS PGECET||5101||6900||July 28 to 29, 2017|
|1 pm||6901||Last rank|
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling Process
TS PGECET Counselling will be conducted in online mode. Candidates can access the Web Counselling from home/ Helpline centre/ Cyber cafe or any place having good internet facility.
All the candidates are informed to submit the counselling fee in order to complete the counselling process. The non-refundable processing fee is different for all categories. Candidates are requested to submit the amount at the time of certificate verification.
- The non-refundable processing fee for SC/ ST category is INR 400/-
- The non-refundable processing fee for Other category is INR 800/-
Given below are the steps for TS PGECET 2017 Counselling process
- Candidates are advised to visit TS PGECET official website and click on “TS PGECET Admission Open” Link.
- Read the Important Instructions carefully before proceeding. After that, click on the “Exercise Web Options” link on the home page.
- The verification window will open and candidate have to fill all the required details i.e. Hall ticket Number, (TS PGECET) / Registration No., (GATE/GPAT), Rank (TS PGECET/Score (GATE/GPAT), Registered Mobile Number and Registered Email ID.
- On clicking the Submit button a password is generated and sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail ID. Candidates have to enter the password in the “Login window”.
- After completing “Web Option Login Page” a new window will appear “Web Option” for selecting colleges, with details such as college code, course code and District.
- Two types of filters are provided to minimize the selection list. One filter is in alphabetical order and another filter is based on the District.
- Candidates can select the college on the left side of window and add it the right side of the window, by clicking “ADD” button and make their priority list.
- Candidate can sort the priority list with the help of “Up” and “Down” buttons, and can delete and modify their priority list as per their choice.
- After completing the priority list candidate can save their list by clicking “SAVE” button and then enter the password received via SMS, through virtual keyboard and click on “CONFIRM” button.
- The selected list gets saved in the server and displayed in the printed format.
- The Saved options can be viewed and/or printed through the Print option link from home page also. Candidates can take out the print of the same and can verify their priority list.
- The exercising of options will be closed at 12 :00 A.M. on the last date for web options in the notification.
- The options registered in the server will be frozen automatically on the last day and will be used for seat allotment of TS PGECET 2017.
TS PGECET 2017 Counselling Do’s and Don’ts
The candidates must keep in mind the below mentioned instructions at the time of counselling process
- Allotment will be done in order of preference of options, hence candidates are advised to select college/courses with utmost care.
- Candidates must check the college code properly before entering options.
- Do not select any option that you are not sure about.
- Do not use mobile/ tablets to exercise web counselling. Use only computer/ laptop.
- Do not use slow internet.
- Check that your mobile do not block SMS.
- Use Google chrome for better browsing.
- Do not use JAVA script blocker plugin.
- Ensure that popup window blocker is disabled.
Documents required for Verification at the time of TS PGECET Counselling
Candidate must submit original documents during the time of verification. Here is the complete list of documents required for verification for all the categories
- GATE/ GPAT/ PGECET rank card and PGECET hall ticket.
- Degree Certificate of marks of qualifying examination.
- Memo of SSC or its equivalent.
- Certificate from 10th to Graduation.
- Residence certificate for preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination i.e. Graduation in respect of candidates who have private study.
- Integrated community certificate issued by the authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
- In case of non-local candidates Residence certificate from M. R. O of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years is required.
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate issued by MRO after 01-01-2016 will only be considered.
- Minorities – Degree TC containing minority status.
- PH Category: Candidates who have 40% disability or above will be considered eligible and they have to produce a certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- CAP Category: Serving persons have to produce Service Certificate from the place of Work indicating the relationship with the Candidate. Candidates whose parents are domiciled in the State of Telangana are eligible to be considered under “CAP” Category”.
- Service Certificate issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer
- Identity Card
- Discharge Book for verification
- NCC & Sports Category: Candidates have to submit Original Documents issued by the concerned Competent Authority.
TS PGECET 2017 Seat Allotment
The final allotment done on the basis of web counselling will be considered final and shall not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates are advised to select college/ courses of their choice without any hesitation or confusion, because final allotment will be based on their selection.
Students must keep their mobile with them while exercising options and ensure that the SMS is not blocked. Candidates must take out the print of allotment letter and report to the respective colleges on or before the date furnished on the allotment letter, failing which the candidate will lose the seat.
TS PGECET 2017 Participating Institutes and Courses
TS PGECET is conducted every year to give admission into regular PG courses in Engineering, Architecture, Technology, Pharmacy and Planning (M. E/ M. Tech/ M. Arch) courses. Here is the list of participating Universities:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University, Hyderabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar