TS EDCET 2017
TS EDCET is a State Level Entrance Exam conducted once every in Telangana State. Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TS EDCET) for 2017 will be conducted by Osmania University. For the academic year, 2017-2018 will be held on July 16, 2017.
- TS EDCET is conducted to provide admission to B.Ed. (Two years) Regular course in Colleges of Education in the state of Telangana.
- TS EDCET 2017 exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based).
- The total marks allotted to the test is 150 marks. There will be total 150 questions in the exam paper.
- The type of questions asked in the test will be objective based multiple-choice questions.
- Negative marking will not be employed for the evaluation of the answers.
- One mark will be allotted for every correct answer.
- The question paper is divided into three sections: Part A, Part B and Part C.
Candidates who seek admission to Bachelor of Education (two-year) regular course should appear for TS EDCET. Applicants who possess professional and job-oriented degrees such as MBBS/BSC(AG)/BVSC/BHMT/B.Pharm are not eligible to appear for TS EDCET 2017.
Here are the highlight details of TS EDCET 2017
Date of Exam
July 16, 2017
Mode of Exam
Offline (Pen and Paper based)
Medium of Exam
Duration of Exam
Type and Number of Questions
Objective based MCQs
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Dates
TS EDCET 2017 is scheduled on July 16, 2017. The notification was issued by the University on June 11, 2017. The online application begins on June 12, 2017, and the last date to apply online is July 6, 2017. If applicants remit the fees after July 6, the late fee will be applied.
TS EDCET 2017 Important exam dates are tabulated below:
TS EDCET 2017 Online Application begins
June 12, 2017
Last Date to apply online
July 6, 2017
Last Date to apply online with late fee
July 8, 2017
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Date
July 16, 2017
TS EDCET 2017 Result date (tentative)
July 28, 2017
TS EDCET 2017 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility requirement for TS EDCET 2017 is Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Applicants should be of Indian Nationality.
- TS EDCET aspirants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% aggregate marks. Specialization of the degree such as Arts, Commerce, Science, Home Science, Computer Application, Business Management, Business Administration.
- Applicants must have completed 10+2+3 years of Education.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST/BC and other reserved categories should have at least 40% aggregate marks secured in Degree examination.
- Candidates with Degree in Professional and job oriented courses such as MBBS/ BSC(AG)/BVSC/BHMT/B.Pharm does not fulfill the eligibility to apply for the entrance test.
- TS EDCET aspirants who have a Master Degree obtained without undergoing the undergraduate studies does not fulfill the eligibility criteria for B.Ed. course.
- Applicants must have completed their 19 years of age as on or before July 1, 2017.
- There is no upper age limit applicable to appear for the entrance test.
- Part C is to be chosen by the applicants during the process of online application. The options for Part C: Methodology are Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Biological Sciences and English.
- The selection of Methodology for the entrance exam is at candidate’s risk.
- Subject eligibility for each applicant will be subject to verification which will be carried out during counselling.
- The presence or appearance to the entrance test does not make the applicant eligible for admission. Applicants are required to qualify the entrance test to process the admission.
- A limit to a number of attempts is not considered valid. Applicants can apply without any limitations to attempts.
TS EDCET 2017 Application Form
TS EDCET 2017 Application is to be processed in online mode only. Applicants should fill the online application carefully and should refer relevant documents such a mark-lists and certificates.
How to fill TS EDCET 2017 Online Application Form:
- Visit the official TS website http://edcet.tsche.ac.in
- Register using a valid email id and by entering an easy to remember password.
- On successful registration, Click on “Online Application Form”
- A new tab will open with the application form that should be filled.
- Applicants should carefully fill in all the particulars.
- Upload Photograph and Signature.
- Accept the Declaration and click next.
- The window will navigate to payment options. Candidate should select the convenient option of fee payment and proceed.
- Once the payment is processed, the application form will be available for download.
- Download and take a printout of the form for further references, if needed.
Here are few measures that could be taken for quick and easy application:
- Candidate should edit and correct all the errors and mistakes before processing the payment.
- Before the final submission of the application form, applicants can edit by clicking on EDIT link by logging in.
- Corrections can also be incorporated after the submission of online application by visiting the dashboard and submitting a complaint.
- The help desk can be contacted for any changes to be made by providing documentary evidence.
- Applicants are required to keep few documents and details handy to avoid making errors:
- Hall ticket of the qualifying Degree
- Birth Certificate
- Income of Parents (Income certificate)
- Category or Caste Certificate
- Special category certificate, if applicable
- Also, keep a scanned passport photograph and signature ready
- Select your exam center at a convenient distance.
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Address of the College/University of Degree.
Applicants are not required to post the printed application form to the University. The printout should be kept safe for reference purpose only.
TS EDCET 2017 Application Fee
The Application fee for the exam is categorized into two categories. TS EDCET 2017 Application fee for General category/OBC is INR 400 and for SC/ST Category is INR 200 respectively. The payment mode is online only and is the final stage of online application.
The online payment of application fee can be processed using two ways as per the applicant’s convenience:
Using Credit/Debit Card: Applicants can process the fee using a credit or debit card whichever is applicable. Select the payment mode and then fill in the Credit/Debit card number, the name of the card holder and address and CVV number and click proceed.
Using Net Banking mMethod: Applicants who do not own a credit or debit card can use online banking method to process the application fee. Select the bank from the drop-down menu and the page will navigate to online banking’s login page. Log in using the online banking credentials and click submit to proceed.
General and OBC
TS EDCET 2017 Admit Card
TS EDCET 2017 Admit Card will be available on the official website of Telangana State Council for Higher Education. The admit card will be issued on July 12, 2017. Applicants will require downloading the admit card and take a print out.
Applicants should carry the admit card to the exam hall on the day of the test. Without admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall or appear for the examination.
How to Download TS EDCET 2017 Admit Card
Applicants who have successfully submitted the online applications for TS EDCET 2017 will be able to download the admit card.
Here are steps to download the admit card:
- Log in using the Application number and password set at the time of online application.
- Go to homepage and click on “Download Admit Card”
- Download and save admit card.
- Take an A4 size printout of the admit card.
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Centers
The entrance test will be held in 14 different cities in the state of Telangana, Hyderabad. Applicants are required to choose the exam center as per their convenience.
The exam centers with their codes is tabulated below:
TS EDCET 2017 Exam Pattern
Before preparing for the entrance test, it is necessary to study the Exam pattern. TS EDCET will consist of 150 questions based objective type questions. The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The mode of exam is in Offline mode (pen and paper based). The medium of the exam is English and Telugu except for English section. Applicants who have opted for the Urdu language will have to attempt the entire question paper in Urdu only.
The question paper will be sectioned into 3 Parts: Part A, Part B & Part C
Part A: General English
There will be 25 questions based on General English for 25 marks.
Part B: Teaching Aptitude
There will be 10 questions on Teaching Aptitude for 10 marks.
Part C: Methodology
Applicants will have to choose any one subject from the following. There will be 100 questions based on the selected subject for 100 marks. The subjects are mentioned below.
- Mathematics: 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Physical Sciences: Total 100 questions
- Physics: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Biological Sciences: Total 100 questions
- Botany: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Social Studies: Total 100 questions
- Geography: 35 questions for 35 marks
- History: 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics: 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics: 20 questions for 20 marks
- English: 100 questions for 100 marks.
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen and Paper based)
Number of Questions
Duration of Exam
Sections in Paper
TS EDCET 2017 Syllabus
TS EDCET syllabus for the entrance examination includes objective type question on diverse topics such as English comprehension, Tense, Articles, General knowledge and so on.
The syllabus for the entrance exam on the basis of three sections is tabulated below:
PART-A: General English
Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice
Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms
Transformation of Sentences- Simple, Compound and Complex. Direct Speech and Indirect Speech
PART-B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
General Knowledge of the Environment and application to the society.
Knowledge of Current Events, Everyday Observations, and Experiences in their Scientific outlook.
India and neighboring countries and questions related to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
Teaching aptitude based questions on the ability to communicate, the ability to deal with Children, the ability to recognizing individual differences, analytical thinking and general intelligence.
PART-C: One of the following subjects to be selected:
Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics, and Economics)
English [Special English in B.A.]
For English, Syllabus of English will be based on various classes ranging from Class VIII to Class XII course.
The topics are:
- Language functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (idioms)
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Reference skills
Applicants can refer books on the basis of previous years question papers.
Name of the Book
B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide)
RPH Editorial Board
B.EL.Ed. Common Entrance Exam (CEE) Guide: According to Latest Pattern of Examination (Popular Master Guide)
RPH Editorial Board
TS EDCET 2017 Result
TS EDCET 2017 result will be declared on July 28, 2017, on the official website. The result will specify the secured marks and rank. The minimum qualifying marks for General/OBC category is 37 out of 150, there are no qualifying marks for SC/ST category.
Merit Rank will different for each subject in Part C: Methodology. In the case of a tie in total marks, Part C marks will be taken into account as a tie breaker. If the tie still exists, Part A marks will be considered.
In case of applicants with tie in all Parts of paper, age will be taken into consideration, older candidates will be given priority.
Steps to download Rank card:
- Login into your account using application number & password.
- Click on “Download Rank Card”
- Open, save, and take a print out.
TS EDCET 2017 Merit List
Osmania University will release the Merit list few days after the result on the website. The merit list will be based on the Part C subjects. Applicants will be verified with the subjects of specialization for their Bachelors and allot the subjects for B.Ed. Hence, applicants are required to select their specialized subjects only.
TS EDCET 2017 Cut off Marks
The cut off marks will be displayed on the official website on the day of result. The cut off marks will be 37 marks out of 150 total marks for the General and OBC category. There will be no cut off limit for SC/ST category, all the applicants will be considered for the merit list.
TS EDCET 2017 Counselling
After the merit list is displayed on the website, applicants should visit the University to attend counselling. The counselling date and schedule will be displayed on the website after the declaration of merit list.
During the process of counselling, applicants will be allotted the subject on the basis of Part C marks.
Applicants should also submit the documents and pay the fees at the respective center and reserve the seat.
Documents required for TS EDCET 2017 are:
- Degree Certificate/Marklist
- Mark sheet of class XII
- TS EDCET 2017 Admit card
- TS EDCET 2017 Rank card
- Birth Certificate/Class X marksheet as proof
- Caste Certificate for category candidates who belong to SC/ST
After verification, applicants must pay the fees and reserve the seat.