TNEA 2017 Anna University Application and Counselling
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted by Anna University. TNEA Application form will be available from the first week of May 2017. Last Date to register as new user is May 31, 2017. Candidates can submit their forms till June 3, 2017. Candidates are advised to check the details for Anna University admission beforehand to ensure a smooth experience while applying. Some seats will also be earmarked for candidates belonging to various categories under the TNEA 2017 reservation policy. Applicants can check TNEA Eligibility to make sure if they are eligible to appear for Anna University Admissions or not.
TNEA or Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions is conducted for candidates wishing to pursue Engineering degree in institutes belonging to Tamil Nadu. Anna University, Chennai is the body that will be conducting the admission process. For detailed information on TNEA, candidates can also check Anna University website regularly.
TNEA 2017 Important Dates
TNEA 2017 Application Process will begin from first week of May, 2017. Applicants can send their applications till last week of May, 2017. Candidates desirous of participating in TNEA 2017 must keep the following schedule in mind:
|Start of registration process||First week of May, 2017|
|End of registration process||May 31, 2017|
|Last date for submitting completed online application form||June 3, 2017|
|Counselling will commence from||First week of July, 2017|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates fulfilling the specified requirements for TNEA 2017 are allowed to apply for the admission process. Therefore, candidates must check the TNEA Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If a candidate is found unable to meet the eligibility criteria, his application will not be accepted.
The details of TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below
- Candidates applying for TNEA 2017 must have passed their qualifying examination before the last date of application form submission.
- Candidates who are natives of the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their Class 8 to Class 12 education in the state will be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017 without having to provide a nativity certificate.
- Candidates belonging to other states but who have completed their Class 8 to Class 12 education in Tamil Nadu will also be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017 without producing a Nativity Certificate.
- On the other hand, those natives of Tamil Nadu who have completed this education outside Tamil Nadu will have to provide a nativity certificate when applying.
- Candidates whose parents are Central Government or Public Sector employees will be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017regardless of their nativity, given that their parents have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years, at the time of application submission.
- Furthermore, children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers will also be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017.
Candidates (General) must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th class aggregately in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates of OBC category (including Backward Class Muslims) should have secured 45% marks. While candidates of SC/ST/MBC/DNC/SCA category must secure atleast 40% marks.
For Marine Engineering:
- Candidates opting for Marine engineering must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subject in Class 12th.
- Candidates must have 50% marks in English and 60% aggregate marks in PCM.
- Candidate should not be more than 25 years of age
- Candidate’s height must be atleast 157 cm
- Candidate’s weight must be 48kg
- Candidate must have normal color vision
- Medical Fitness is also required.
For Mining Engineering:
Note to Female candidate opting for Mining Engineering course.
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46 (1) no woman shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, be employed – (a) in any part of a mine which is below ground; (b) in any mine above ground except between the hours of 6 A.M. and 7 P.M.
- As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86 (2) no adolescent or women shall descent or ascend a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless accompanied by one or more adult males.
- They should satisfy the academic norms of Anna University
TNEA 2017 Registration
Candidates wishing to pursue an under graduate engineering degree in the state of Tamil Nadu must possess full knowledge of the TNEA 2017 Registration. The application form will be made available online on the official website of Anna University, expectedly in the first week of May, 2017.
TNEA 2017 Registration Process
The candidates will have to visit the official website i.e. www.tnea.ac.in. Find the tab for TNEA 2017 registration process. Candidates must follow the instructions given in order to correctly register themselves for the admission procedure.
Register – Candidates have to register themselves on the website by providing Login ID and Password with OTP verification.
Personal Information – Candidates have to provide the Personal Information like name, address, DOB, Phone number, etc.
Fee Payment – Candidates have to pay the registration Fee through onlinemode only.
Academic Details – Candidates have to enter all their academic details.
Review – After filling the form, candidates must review their forms.
Submit and Generate PDF – After reviewing candidates can submit their correctly filled application form. After submitting they can generate the PDF of the form and take the print out of it.
Send Application Form – After taking print out candidates have to sumit the application form either in person or by post along with other required documents.
TNEA 2017 Payment Method
The payment for TNEA Application Form can be done either through online options or by the means of a Demand Draft (DD). The DD should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” and must be payable at Chennai.
TNEA 2017 Important Documents:
The candidate is required to enclose the photocopies of the following documents along with the online application form:
- Candidate’s Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Candidate’s Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Candidate’s Transfer Certificate, issued by the school
- Demand draft, if applicable
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for candidates belonging to ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Class XII Admit Card
- Nativity Certificate, if applicable(in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate)
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration, if applicable
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate, if applicable
- Relevant certificates for children of Ex-Serviceman / Freedom Fighter
- Differently Abled Person like Ortho/Hearing/Visual etc and Eminent Sports Persons, if applicable
Address to send the form to
The candidates must fill the online application form correctly and send it along with the requisite certificates, via post to Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. This must be done within ten days of the declaration of the Class XII results.
TNEA 2017 Reservation
Anna University has reservation policy for the candidates apply for TNEA 2017. Candidates those who want to apply for reservation must satisy the eligibility criteria. Below table depicts the distribution of seats on the basis of reservation.
|S.NO||Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|3||Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|4||Most Backward Class & De-notified Communities||20%|
|6||Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
TNEA 2017 Selection Procedure
The TNEA Selection Process for varies candidates belonging to different categories. The details of the selection procedure are given below:
General Category Candidates
The selection of such candidates will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the following subject in Class XII exam: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The overall secured marks will be reduced to 200, with Mathematics accounting for 100 and Physics and Chemistry together accounting for the remaining half.
Normalization of marks and Inter-se-merit
Normalization will be adopted to equate marks obtained in qualifying exam of different Boards with the marks obtained in qualifying exam of the State Board of Tamil Nadu. After this has been done, a common merit list will be prepared consisting of the names of all shortlisted candidates.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
TNEA counselling will start from June 27, 2017. It will be held in offline mode. Candidates whose names have been included in the TNEA 2017 merit list will be eligible for taking part in the counselling process. If in case candidate can’t be present at the counsellling then he can authorized his parents to participate on behalf of him. These candidates will be called in order of their ranks for counselling and will be required to choose college or stream that is available at that time. Seats will be alloted on the basis of the candidates’ rank and the preference filled. Applicants are required to pay the counselling fee after the seat allotment and document verification.
if candidate is not able to attend the counselling then he is allowed to present in another slot. Provided that if would agree for the seat allotment from the remaining vacant seats only. Also if candidate’s ranks and marks changes after re-evaluation then he is able to seat in the counselling slot on the basis of rank.
TNEA Counselling Fee
Candidate has to pay TNEA counselling fee after the seat allotment and document verification process. Candidates of general category are required to pay Rs. 5000/- and SC/ST/SCA Category students have to pay Rs. 1000/-.
TNEA Participating Colleges
TNEA provides admission in around 563 colleges in Tamil Nadu. We are listing the top 10 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu with their seat intake in the below given table:
|List of Participating Institutes||Number of Seats|
|Thiagarajar College of Engineering||860|
|PSG Institute of Technology||1320|
|University Departments of Anna University – CEG Campus||1290|
|University Department of Anna University – MIT Campus||900|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology||1200|
|Coimbatore Institute of Technology||700|
|K.S Rangasamy College of Technology||1200|
|Bannari Ammam Institute of Technology||1740|
|University College of Engineering, Tiruchirappali||1080|
|Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Kancheepuram||1620|