TNEA 2017 Anna University Application and Counselling
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted by Anna University. TNEA Application form will be available from the month of May, 2017. Candidates are advised to check the details for Anna University admission beforehand to ensure a smooth experience while applying. Some seats will also be earmarked for candidates belonging to various categories under the TNEA 2017 reservation policy. Applicants can check TNEA Eligibilty to make sure if they are eligible to appear for Anna University Admission or not.
TNEA or Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions isconducted for those candidates who wish to pursue an Undergraduate engineering degree in any of the numerous institutes in the state of Tamil Nadu. Anna University, Chennai is the body that will be conducting the admission process. For detailed information on TNEA, candidates can also check Anna University website regularly.
|TNEA Application Process||TNEA Eligibility||TNEA Reservation||TNEA Selection Process|
TNEA 2017 Important Dates
TNEA 2017 Application Process will begin from first week of May, 2017. Applicants can send their applications till last week of May, 2017. Candidates desirous of participating in TNEA 2017 must keep the following schedule in mind:
|Start of registration process||First week of May, 2017|
|End of registration process||Last week of May, 2017|
|Last date for submitting completed online application form||Last week of May, 2017|
|Counseling will commence from||First week of July, 2017|
TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates fulfilling the specified requirements for TNEA 2017 are allowed to apply for the admission process. Therefore, candidates must check the TNEA Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. If a candidate is found unable to meet the eligibility criteria, his application will not be accepted.
The details of TNEA 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below
- Candidates applying for TNEA 2017 must have passed their qualifying examination before the last date of application form submission.
- Candidates who are natives of the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their Class 8 to Class 12 education in the state will be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017 without having to provide a nativity certificate.
- Candidates belonging to other states but who have completed their Class 8 to Class 12 education in Tamil Nadu will also be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017 without producing a Nativity Certificate.
- On the other hand, those natives of Tamil Nadu who have completed this education outside Tamil Nadu will have to provide a nativity certificate when applying.
- Candidates whose parents are Central Government or Public Sector employees will be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017regardless of their nativity, given that their parents have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years, at the time of application submission.
- Furthermore, children of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers will also be eligible to apply for TNEA 2017.
TNEA 2017 Application Process
Candidates wishing to pursue an under graduate engineering degree in the state of Tamil Nadu must possess full knowledge of the TNEA 2017 Application Process. The application form will be made available online on the official website of Anna University, expectedly in the month of April 2017.
TNEA 2017 Registration Process
First, the candidates will have to visit the official University website and find the tab for TNEA 2017 registration process. Candidates must follow the instructions given in order to correctly register themselves for the admission procedure.
TNEA 2017 Payment Method
The payment for TNEA Application Form can be done either through online options or by the means of a Demand Draft (DD). The DD should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” and must be payable at Chennai.
TNEA 2017 Important Documents:
The candidate is required to enclose the photocopies of the following documents along with the online application form:
- Candidate’s Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Candidate’s Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Candidate’s Transfer Certificate, issued by the school
- Demand draft, if applicable
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for candidates belonging to ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM
- Class XII Admit Card
- Nativity Certificate, if applicable(in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate)
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration, if applicable
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate, if applicable
- Relevant certificates for children of Ex-Serviceman / Freedom Fighter
- Differently Abled Person and Eminent Sports Persons, if applicable
Address to send the form to
The candidates must fill the online application form correctly and send it along with the requisite certificates, via post to Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. This must be done within ten days of the declaration of the Class XII results.
TNEA 2017 Selection Procedure
The TNEA Selection Process for varies candidates belonging to different categories. The details of the selection procedure are given below:
General Category Candidates
The selection of such candidates will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the following subject in Class XII exam: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The overall secured marks will be reduced to 200, with Mathematics accounting for 100 and Physics and Chemistry together accounting for the remaining half.
Normalization of marks and Inter-se-merit
Normalization will be adopted to equate marks obtained in qualifying exam of different Boards with the marks obtained in qualifying exam of the State Board of Tamil Nadu. After this has been done, a common merit list will be prepared consisting of the names of all shortlisted candidates.
TNEA 2017 Counselling
The candidates whose names have been included in the TNEA 2017 merit list will be eligible for taking part in the counselling process. These candidates will be called in order of their ranks for counselling and will be required to choose college or stream that is available at that time.
|TNEA Application Process||TNEA Reservation||TNEA Selection Process||TNEA Participating Colleges|