TISSNET 2018 is a national level entrance test for admission in M.A. Programmes offered by TATA Institute of Social Science a deemed university runs its various programs at its 4 campuses situated on different locations in India.
- TISSNET 2018 Results will be declared online on second week of February 2018.
- For TISSNET 2018 Results, applicants have to login on official website for TISSNET i.e. www.admissions.tiss.edu
- Score card will be available for applicant to download from TISSNET 2018 official website as mentioned above.
- Marks obtained in each section, will be mentioned in score card.
- On the basis of marks obtained in TISSNET 2018, applicants will be shortlisted for next rounds i.e. Pre-Interview Test / GD and Personal Interview.
- Accordingly, the marks obtained in TISSNET and further 2 rounds; a merit list will be generated for finalisation of admissions.
- Those candidates, who could not be selected for the programme of their first preference, will be placed in wait list.
- Wait list will be published on official website as mentioned above.
Latest Updates Notifications:
- TISS NET 2018: MA Admissions: Announcement of First Wait List
May 15, 2018 - May 26, 2018
- TISSNT 2018: MA Admissions 2018: Hostel Allotment List
May 10, 2018 - May 31, 2018
- TISSNET 2018: Acceptance Letter and Guidelines: M.A. Admissions 2018
March 10, 2018 - May 31, 2018
TISSNET 2018 Results Highlight Table
|Result Declaration for TISSNET 2018||Second Week of February 2018|
|Pre-Interview Test / Personal Interview Starts at Mumbai Campus for Programmes offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur and Balm, Chhenai||Second and Third week of March 2018|
|re-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Hyderabad for all Hyderabad Campus Programme||Last week of March 2018|
|Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview at Guwahati for all Guwahati Campus Programmes||First week of April 2018|
|Announcement of Selection on TISS website for all the Programmes||Third week of April 2018|
|Acceptance Letter and other Documents to be sent by selected applicants||Last week of April 2018 to Second week of May 2018|
|Announcement of First Wait List on TISS website for all Programmes||Mid of May 2018|
|Acceptance Letter and other Documents to be sent by applicants selected in second round||Fourth week of May 2018 & First week of June 2018|
|Initiation of Academic Sessions||May 15, 2018|
Check TISSNET Cut Off
How to Check TISSNET 2018 Result?
TISSNET 2018 Result is expected to be published on Feb 15, 2018 on its official website www.admissions.tiss.edu. Checking and downloading Result for TISSNET 2018 is very simple task.
Step by Step method to check result for TISSNET 2018:
- isit official website of TISSNET 2018: www.admissions.tiss.edu
- Go to M.A. Programmes
- Click on “View Score card”
- A Login page will open showing at top M.A. Admissions 2018-2020 (As depicted by below referred Image # 1)
- Feed your registered Email id and Password
- Type in text box a figure shown in above image
Image # 1
- Score card will be displayed as shown below given Image # 2
- Shortlisted for PIT / PI ‘Yes’ indicates that applicant has been called for PIT / PI Round for the selected programme.
- Applicant will receive venue and timings of the Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview for the Fourth week of February, 2018. It is recommended to keep checking the admissions for updates.
- In case there is some problem related to score card, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Registration Number, Name, Opted Subject and clarify the problem
Detail on Score Card
Score card for TISSNET 2018 will have mainly all the information related to the applicant like:
- At top of score card there is Batch for MA Admissions i.e. 2018 – 2020.
- Welcome: Name of Applicant
- Candidate Name
- Registration Number
- Candidate Category
- Additional Category
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Location Selected by the applicant for examination
- Name of the Programme opted
- Preference given to programme shown in score card
- Marks for all rounds
- TISSNET Marks
- PIT Marks
- PI Marks
- Weighted Score (as per weightage of TISSNET, PTI and PI)
- Status (Selected for the Programme or Not “Y / N”)
- Wait List
- Some important description about Marks, Weightage Score, Status and Wait List etc.
Score card will look like the Image # 3 given below herewith for ready reference:
TISSNET 2018 Merit List
In order to understand about merit list calculation and its procedure first we will have to be acquainted with marking system of TISSNET, Pre-Interview Test and Personal Interview and weightage counted for determining Merit. Details are as follows:
|Marks of 3 Rounds||Marks||Weightage|
|TISSNET 2018||100 marks||40%|
|Pre-Interview Test/GD||50 marks||30%|
|Personal Interview||75 marks||30%|
|Total||225 marks|| |
Merit List preparation:
- The weightage of NET, PIT and PI is given in above mentioned table. This will be followed for the preparation of final merit lists. There is the same process and the same merit list for Reserved Category as well as General Category candidates.
TISSNET – 40%, PIT – 30% and PI – 30%.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of merit and the preferences indicated by the candidates at the time of filling up the online application form (Kindly Indicate your preferences carefully as it has implications for the merit list)
- When a tie exists between two candidates
- First PI marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PI will be considered
- If there is again a tie between PI marks too their PIT marks will be compared and the one with more marks in PIT will be considered
- In case one more time tie in PIT marks exists then the Entrance test marks will be compared and the one with more marks in entrance test will be considered
- In case there is a tie in Entrance marks too then the candidate higher in age will be given the seat at last.
Rules for preparation of the wait-list
- Candidates who get admission to the programme of their first preference will not be on wait-lists for any other programme mentioned in their list of preferences.
- If Candidate get admission into any programme which is their second preference, will only be retained in the wait list of the first preference. Candidate who get admission into any programme which is their third preference, will be retained in the wait list of their first and second preference
- Candidates, who got admitted in a programme lower in their order of preferences, will be retained in the wait-list of a preference higher in the order, till the seats in that programme are filled.
- In case, the candidate qualifies in two programmes at the same time, when the wait list is activated, the higher preference will prevail. The Institute will offer admission only to the higher preference.
- When a candidate who has already taken admission in a programme as per the first merit list is subsequently offered the higher preference when the wait list is activated, he/she will be moved into the programme of higher preference and will be informed.
TISSNET 2018 Cut off
Cutoff is based on the merit list for each programme. Programme wise cutoff will be different and category of candidates applied for the programme will also play significant role in Cutoff. Candidate is recommended to keep observing notifications and updates about admission and cutoff. However, an average of overall cutoff will give some idea about the expecting cutoff for 2018.
|General||72 to 77|
|OBC||64 to 67|
|St / Sc||54 to 57|
TISSNET Cutoff depends on various factors like:
- Numbers of Total Applicants
- Numbers of Category wise Applicants
- Seats offered each programme
- Difficulty Level of Question Paper
- Variation in scores
TISSNET 2018 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates receive Acceptance Letter. This can also be downloaded from official website for TISSNET 2018 i.e. www.admissions.tiss.edu.
- Candidate has to submit Acceptance Letter individually on given time for counselling. For the verification purpose, candidates are instructed to keep and present all required Academic and Other documents at the time of counselling.
- If Candidate does not report for counselling on the stipulated date and time, shall be deprived of the right for admission. The offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- If Candidate is perusing any full time course from any other college / university then he / she is required to get his/ her name removed from the rolls of the University / College / Institution where already admitted, and submit a certificate to this effect from the concerned authority at the time of reporting for counselling / admission to the course (including evening Courses and Professional Courses under Centre for Professional courses) for which he / she may have been provisionally selected.
Some Documents are to be submitted at the time of counselling are given below:
- Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting for admission, failing which he / she shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained.
- Certificate of Category candidate belongs i.e. Sc / St / OBC / PH / etc
- The candidate selected for counselling / admission shall have to deposit the attested photo copy of qualifying examination in the Office at the time of counselling / admission.
- TISSNET 2018 Score Card
- 5 photographs
- Mark sheet / Grade sheets / certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of counselling / admission.
- No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full time course of study if already admitted to any full time course of study in TISS.
Contacts and Admission Help lines:
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
V.N. Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai – 400 088.
Admissions Helpline Phone No. (022) 25525252
(Monday to Saturday - Timing 8:00 am to 8:00 pm)
Fax No. (022) 25525050
Web: http://www.tiss.edu and www.admissions.tiss.edu