TISSNET 2017 Registration, Application Form
The exam date for TISSNET 2017 is January 7, 2017. Candidates can download their TISSNET Admit Card 2017 from December 26- December 27, 2017. TISSNET2017 is conducted every year for admission to PG courses in various campuses of Tata National Entrance Test (TISS). The programs are offered in M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H. offered at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad and some other campuses of TISS. Foreign Nationals can also apply for TISSNET 2017.
TISSNET 2017 Registration Dates
Aspirants planning to apply for TISSNET 2017 can carefully go through important dates for Application Process as missing any deadline could cost them the opportunity to appear for TISSNET.
|TISSNET 2017 Registrations begin from||September 29, 2016|
|Last date to submit the TISSNET online application form||December 7, 2016|
|Last date for receipt of application form by post||December 9,2016|
TISSNET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TISSNET 2017, it is mandatory for all the candidates to check the eligibility criteria notified by exam conducting authority. Candidate need to fulfill the following requirements for meeting the TISSNET 2017 Eligibilty Criteria:
- Minimum 15 years of education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 bridge course pattern)
- Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor's degree can also apply for TISSNET 2017 only if they have cleared all the subjects from Ist to 4th semester (if the degree is of three years) or from Ist to 6th semester( if the degree is of 4 years).
- Only those candidates can apply who will fulfill all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's degree examination by June 11, 2017.
- Those who are in the final year of their graduation but have not passed all the courses of their previous years (irrespective of the fact whether degree is of 3 or 4 years) are not eligible to apply for any of the masters’ courses offered by TISS.
- Candidates who are declared as failed in their bachelor's degree are not eligible to appear for this test.
- Applicants should provide correct information about their eligibility on the application form. If the information is found to be incorrect or faulty at any stage, his candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Candidate who has applied for TISSNET 2017 provisionally but fails in the final year of his bachelor's degree or even if he is under re-evaluation, then he will not be allowed to appear for the test and his admission would be cancelled.
NOTE: Admissions of all the candidates will be considered as provisional till the time they submit the results of final year degree examination which is required to be submitted before September 30, 2017.
How to Apply for TISSNET 2017?
The TISSNET 2017 Application Process can be completed online from the official website of TISS. There is also a provision of accessing TISSNET 2017 Application Form from the campus of TISS, Mumbai.
The Application Form for TISSNET 2017 can be obtained offline by sending request for the form through speed post along with the application fee to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088. The facility is however available only for candidates coming from areas that have limited access to internet such as North-East, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, etc.
The Steps involved in the Online and Offline Mode is explained below in detail:
To Apply Online
- Visit the official website for TISS Admissions.
- Complete the Registration Process by providing all the requisite details
- Enter the details of email id and password after registering and click on login.
- You will be redirected to application home page where you will have to fill all the relevant details asked in the application form.
- After filling all the details, upload your signature and passport size photograph. Description for uploading signature and photo is given under How to Resize the documents for upload column.
- Now upload all the documents required as per the category you belong to.
- After that you need to pay the application fee as per the mode suitable to you.
- When you are done, click on submit.
- Hence, you will be successfully registered for TISSNET 2017.
Read aboutTISSNET Participating Colleges
To Apply Offline
Candidates applying for TISSNET 2017 in offline mode can follow the steps discussed below to complete the Application Process.
- Send request for the form through speed post along with the application fee at to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- You will receive the Application form within few days through speed post.
- Fill the application form and attach the Xeroxed copies of the documents required which must be attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- After you have filled all the details and attached the documents required, send your form via speed post at the same address at which you requested for the form, that is, Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- You will receive details about the TISSNET 2017 Admit card and other official communication on the valid email address you have indicated in your form.
TISSNET 2017 Application Form Instructions
There are certain important guidelines for filling TISSNET 2017 Application Form.
- One candidate can apply for maximum of 3 programs across any of the 2 TISS campuses.
- Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Candidates who are unemployed or their guardian have an annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs for SC/ST and INR 1 lakh for OBC (NCL) for the financial year of 2015-16 can pay INR 250/- as Concessional Application Fee for each program.
- All candidates are required to upload the necessary certificates irrespective of the category they belong to. The documents required are mentioned below the 'Required Documents' column and should be uploaded in the required format only.
- Candidates are required to pay the amount of Rs.1030 (if paid through Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (if being paid through bank by cash) which is the application fee. All the candidates should pay this amount for every programs they applies.
- While applying for more than one program, candidates must mention all the programs in one application form only rather than filling form for all the programs separately. Candidates found to fill more than one form will not be allowed to appear in TISSNET 2017 for any of the programs.
- You will receive details about the admit card and other important things on the registered email address.
TISSNET 2017 Registration Guidelines
Candidates must adhere to the below guidelines, in order to have successful tiss admission 2017:
- Kindly visit - http://admissions.tiss.edu/ for more information regarding programmes offered at TISS.
- Admission Process for International students is different from Indian Admission Process.
- All queries or completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admission of International students to all BA/ MA/ Mphil/ PhD programme is open from 01 September 2016 – 30 November 2016.
- The final list of shortlisted applicants will be communicated after December 15, 2016.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an Online Essay Test/ International Entrance Test followed by a Skype/ Hangout Interview.
- International students have to download the respective application form and submit with all the specified documents to complete the application process.
- The submitted Application Form of TISSNET 2017 should be complete in all respects. In-complete forms will not be considered for short-listing.
- In-case you do not have all the relevant documents before deadline, kindly inform the International Relations Office in advance to get the necessary approval for late submission.
- Admission process of International students is managed by the International Relations Office and hence all the queries or doubts should be addressed to the IRO Admission Team.
- Kindly note, applications are accepted only through one channel and one cannot apply through both Indian and International channel.
- Mere application doesn't ensure admission to any programme. Applicants need to ensure that they have read the course related information carefully before applying.
- Only students who fulfill all the specified requirements (Academic) will be considered for the next processes.
- Online Written Test or International Entrance Test will be conducted for all the Short-listed Students on 14 – 15 Jan 2017.
- The Skype/ telephonic Interview for all the Short-listed Candidates will be conducted in last week of Jan 2017.
- We request the students to kindly apply on time to avoid end minute hassles.
TISSNET 2017 Registrations for International Candidates
The International Applicants are also eligible to appear for TISSNET 2017. The eligible candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to complete the TISSNET 2017 Application Process.
- Candidates with the nationality other than India can also apply for TISSNET 2017. International students are required to visit email@example.com for all the admission related queries.
- Candidates willing to apply for TISSNET 2017 can apply online as well as offline. For those applying online need to fill the attached admission form and send the scanned copies of the documents required to the international office.
- For those applying offline are required to download the attached admission form and send the hard-copies of the requisite documents at the international office.
- Last date for submission of application form for international students is tentatively Jan 18, 2017.
- International students facing any trouble while applying for TISSNET 2017 can contact the IRO for assistance any time.
TISSNET 2017 Admission Rules for International Students
To get admission to TISS, foreign candidates have different TISS admission guidelines to follow. Some of the important points are given below:
- Students will not be allowed to Change the Selection of the programme after the declaration of the final result.
- In-case a student qualifies for more than 1 programme, they have to inform IRO regarding their Choice within 2-3 days to facilitate the final registration.
- Transfer of Admission from one-TISS campus to another will not be allowed after the commencement of the programme. Hence, any such request has to be communicated within a week of receiving the provisional selection information from TISS.
- Admission will be offered based on the priority of Programme(s) mentioned by the student in the TISSNET application form.
- Any change in the application form/ submission of supporting documents will only be allowed before the commencement of the Online Written Test or as approved by the competent authorities from TISS.
- Canvassing in any form and at any stage of the selection processes will lead to disqualification;
- If any statement furnished by the student is found incorrect at any time, he/she will be liable to be debarred permanently from the course, and will not be eligible to apply to any other course in the Institute.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances. Candidate should satisfy himself / herself that he / she fulfils the eligibility requirements prescribed for the admission to the concerned course of the study.
- Admission of International Students will be confirmed only after Verification of Original Certificates, Medical Fitness Test, and Payment of the required fees.
- All International Students will have to register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police station, within 2 weeks of arrival in India.
- IRO will help in providing letters and other necessary documents for the FRRO registration/ ID-Card/ Sim-Card/ House-lease etc.
- Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear understanding that their selection will be entitled to admission only if they fulfil all eligibility requirements of concerned course of study at the time of admission.
- Candidate is required to produce the original Mark sheets / Certificates, including the statement of the marks qualifying examinations with the requisite percentage of marks at the time of reporting registration, failing which he / she shall not be allowed to complete the admission, and the offer of admission shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence in the matter shall be entertained.
- Mark sheet / Grade sheets / certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
- No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full time course of study if he / she is already admitted to any full – time course of study in TISS.
Documents Required for TISSNET 2017 Registration
While applying for TISSNET through online mode, candidates are required to upload certain documents/certificates irrespective of the categories they belong to. Also, there are a few certificates mentioned below which a candidate need to upload as per their category.
Those who are applying must in offline mode, should enclose these documents along with the Application form before sending it. The list of documents is mentioned below:
|General||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).|
|SC / ST (Annual income more than Rs.2.5 lakhs)|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Caste / Tribe Certificate.
OBC(NC) (Annual income more than Rs.1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar.
SC / ST (Annual income less than Rs.2.5 lakhs)
Photograph, Signature, Caster / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
OBC (NC) (Annual income less than Rs.1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
|KM||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and KM certificate.|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
Armed Force certificate.
- Those who plan to apply online, should upload the above mentioned documents during online form filling while those who will be submitting by form via speed post should enclose the Xeroxed documents which must be attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- Any Application Form submitted without the requisite documents would be summarily rejected.
- Income Certificate issued by revenue officer is required for candidates who belong to SC/ST category and whose annual parental income is below INR 2,50,000/- and OBC-NCL category whose annual parental income is below INR 1,00,000/-.
Income certificate upload
The required format of Income certificate is PDF and its size should not be more than 500kb. Only candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NC) candidates are required to submit it. Some of the instructions regarding the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NC) category who need to submit the income certificate are given below:
- If the Applicant himself And/OR Parent/s And/Or Guardian /Other Family members employed.
- If candidate's parent is a farmer.
- If candidate's parent has own business.
- SC / ST candidate with their annual income less than Rs.2.5 lakhs.
- OBC (NC) candidate with annual income less than Rs.1 lakh.
How to Resize the documents for upload?
Candidates must resize the documents in case they are not in the desirable format. The documents must be resized and converted into the required format only.
The size and format of documents is mentioned below:
|Documents||Format required||Size required|
|Passport size photo||JPG/PNG||Height 132 pixels; 302 pixels|
|Income certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Caste/tribe certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Armed force certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|PWD certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Kashmiri migrant certificate||PDF||500 kb|
While uploading the photo and signature following procedure need to be followed:
- Go to www.picresize.com
- Upload/ browse your signature and click on continue.
- After seeing the preview in step 1, scroll down in order to go to step 2 which is resize your picture.
- Select custom size from the drop down list “Make my picture”.
- Enter the requisite height and width which is 132 and 302 pixels respectively.
- Now click on 'Save As' and save the picture in the required format of JPG/PNG and click on 'I am done resizing my image'.
While uploading the documents, following procedure is to be followed.
- Check the size of your scanned pdf document.
- If the documents are of the size more than required, the compress the documents using the following link : http://pdfaid.com/compress-pdf-file.aspx
- Compress all the documents and check their size again.
- Now upload all the documents.
TISSNET 2017 Application Fee
The application fee varies for different categories and also depends on the number of programs, a candidates is applying for. While applying for TISSNET, candidates are provided with following 3 modes of payment:
- Online payment by Credit/Debit Card
- Online payment by Net Banking.
- Cash deposit in any of the designated branches of SBI using the prescribed challan.
1.Online payment through Credit/Debit Cards/Net Banking
The application fee while paying through this mode is as mentioned below as per the category and number of programs one is applying for:
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category|
|Applying for 1 program||Rs.1030||Rs.260|
|Applying for 2 programs||Rs.2060||Rs.520|
|Applying for 3 programs||Rs.3090||Rs.780|
2. Cash deposit in any of the designated branch of SBI using the prescribed challan.
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC(NC)Category|
|Applying for 1 program||Rs.1000 + bank charges||Rs.250 +bank charges|
|Applying for 2 programs||Rs.2000 + bank charges||Rs. 500 + bank charges|
|Applying for 3 programs||Rs.3000 + bank charges||Rs. 750 + bank charges|
- Candidates who wish to pay by cash should note that SBI charges INR 50/- as processing fee which would not be adjusted against application fee in any case.
- Payments made via any other mode than above mentioned will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are applying online but want to pay the application fee by cash payment should click on 'Cash'. 3 copies of challan will be generated. While depositing cash at bank, one copy will be kept with bank and other two will be returned by bank with the banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates are required to scan the TISS copy and upload it.
TISSNET 2017 Admit Card
The TISSNET 2017 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of admissions. The link for downloading the Admit Card for TISSNET 2017 would be sent to the registered email id of the candidates.
The steps to download TISSNET 2017 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website of TISSNET 2017 www.tiss.edu
- Click on the link “Admit card”.
- Enter Registered Email ID and Password
- Check the preview and download your TISSNET 2017 admit card
- Take few printouts of the TISSNET 2017 admit card for future reference.
TISSNET 2017 Exam Center
Candidates have to indicate the preference for TISSNET 2017 Exam Center at the filling the Application form for TISSNET 2017. The TISSNET 2017 Entrance Exam would be conducted in 39 exam cities.
|Northern Region||Eastern Region||Western Region||Southern Region|
The final right to allot the exam center for TISSNET 2017 is reserved with the exam conducting authority. In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the authority reserves the right to allot any new center or delete any center from the existing list of exam cities.