TISSNET Registration - How to Apply?
TISSNET Registration window will become functional in September 2017. Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) will release the forms at admissions.tiss.edu. Candidates have to apply online via E- application process only.
Listed below are important facts about TISSNET Application Form 2018:
- The application form TISSNET can be filled via online mode till 1st week of December 2017.
- Candidates from remote places where the internet facilities can pose a problem can get a printed copy of the application form from the institute.
- Minimum Qualification to apply for TISSNET is a Graduate Degree from a recognized university/ institute. Check TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
- After successful registration, one can download TISSNET Admit Card in the last week of December 2017. Information related to hall ticket will be intimated on the registered email and mobile number.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test (TISSNET) is conducted every year for admissions to post graduate management courses offered at various campuses of TISS. For this year, the exam is scheduled in January 2018. The programs are offered in M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H. etc.
Highlights of TISSNET Registration
|Availability of TISSNET Application Form 2018||September 2017|
|Last Date to apply for TISSNET 2018||December 2017|
|TISSNET Official Website||www.tiss.edu OR admissions.tiss.edu|
|Minimum Qualification to fill TISSNET Application Form||Bachelor’s degree|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|TISSNET Application Fee|
General – INR 1000
SC/ ST/ OBC – INR 250
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TISSNET 2018, it is mandatory to check the eligibility criteria stated by exam conducting authority. Candidate needs to fulfill the following requirements for meeting TISSNET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have minimum 15 years of education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 bridge course pattern).
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for TISSNET if they have cleared all the subjects from Ist to 4th semester (if the degree is of three years) or from Ist to 6th semester (if the degree is 4 years).
- Only those candidates can apply who will fulfill all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's degree examination by June 11, 2018.
- Final year candidates and have not passed all the courses of their previous years can not apply for any masters’ courses offered by TISS.
- Applicants should provide correct information about their eligibility on the application form. If the information is found to be incorrect or faulty at any stage, his candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Check Full TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
TISSNET 2018 Application Fee
The application fee varies for different categories and also depends on the number of programs, candidates is applying for. While applying for TISSNET, candidates are provided with following 3 modes of payment:
- Online payment by Credit/Debit Card
- Online payment by Net Banking.
- Cash deposit in any of the designated branches of SBI using the prescribed challan.
1.Online payment through Credit/Debit Cards/Net Banking
The application fee while paying through this mode is as mentioned below as per the category and number of programs one is applying for:
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC(NC) Category|
|Applying for 1 program||INR1030||INR 260|
|Applying for 2 programs||INR 2060||INR 520|
|Applying for 3 programs||INR 3090||INR 780|
2. Cash deposit in any of the designated branch of SBI using the prescribed challan.
|Programme Name||General Category||SC/ST/OBC(NC)Category|
|Applying for 1 program||INR 1000 + bank charges||INR 250 +bank charges|
|Applying for 2 programs||INR 2000 + bank charges||INR 500 + bank charges|
|Applying for 3 programs||INR 3000 + bank charges||INR 750 + bank charges|
- Candidates who wish to pay by cash should note that SBI charges INR 50 as processing fee which would not be adjusted against application fee in any case.
- Payments made via any other mode than above mentioned will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are applying online but want to pay the application fee by cash payment should click on 'Cash'. 3 copies of challan will be generated. While depositing cash at bank, one copy will be kept with bank and other two will be returned by bank with the banks seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates are required to scan the TISS copy and upload it.
How to Apply for TISSNET 2018?
TISSNET Application Form can be filled via online mode. The form will be available on the official website of TISS. There is a special provision to fill the form in offline mode for candidates having limited access to internet (North-East, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, etc). These candidates have to send a request for the form through speed post along with the application fee at the following address:
To Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai, 400088
Steps involved in the Online and Offline Mode is explained below in detail:
To Apply Online
- Visit the official website for TISS Admissions.
- Create an account on TISS portal by providing your Email ID and password
- Login with the above-mentioned credentials in order to fill the form.
- Provide all the required details in the application form of TISSNET 2018.
- After filling all the details, upload your signature and passport size photograph.
- Next, upload all the documents required as per the category you belong to.
- After that, pay the application fee as per the suitable mode.
- When you are done, click on ‘Submit’.
- Hence, you will be successfully registered for TISSNET 2018.
To Apply Offline
Candidates belonging to remote areas will have an option to fill the form in offline mode. They have to get a printed copy of the form from the Institute. Mentioned below are the steps to follow to complete TISSNET Registration:
- Send request for the form through speed post along with the application fee at to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- Within a week, the application form will be sent to you via speed post.
- Fill the application form and attach Xeroxed copies of all the required documents. Make sure that they are attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- After filling all the details and attaching the documents, send the application form via speed post at the same address at which you requested for the form.
- Information related to TISSNET Admit Card and other official communication will be sent to the registered Email address.
TISSNET Application Form Instructions
TISS has stated certain instructions for filling TISSNET 2018 Application Form. Listed below are the same:
- Candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 programs across any of TISS campuses.
- Before filling in the application form, one must meet the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates who are unemployed or their guardian have an annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs for SC/ST and INR 1 lakh for OBC (NCL) for the financial year of 2016-17 can pay INR 250 as Concessional Application Fee for each program.
- Candidates have to upload necessary certificates irrespective of the category they belong to. The documents required are mentioned below the 'Required Documents' column and should be uploaded in the required format only.
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee of INR 1030 (if paid through Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or INR1000 + bank charges (if being paid through bank by cash).
- While applying for more than one program, mention all the programs in one application form only. Candidates found to fill more than one form will not be allowed to appear in TISSNET 2018 for any of the programs.
- Details related to TISSNET Hall Ticket will be communicated on the registered email ID.
TISSNET Registration Guidelines
Candidates must adhere to the below guidelines, in order to have successful TISS Admission:
- TISSNET Admission Process for International students is different from Indian Admission Process.
- All queries or completed applications should be sent to email@example.com.
- Admission of International students to all BA/ MA/ MPhil/ Ph.D. program is open from September 01, 2017 to November 30, 2017.
- The final list of shortlisted applicants will be communicated in December 2017.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an Online Essay Test/ International Entrance Test followed by a Skype/ Hangout Interview.
- International students have to download the respective application form and submit with all the specified documents to complete the application process.
- The submitted Application Form of TISSNET 2018 should be complete in all respects. Incomplete forms will not be considered for short-listing.
- In case you do not have all the relevant documents before deadline, kindly inform the International Relations Office in advance to get the necessary approval for late submission.
- Admission process of International students is managed by the International Relations Office. Hence, all the queries or doubts should be addressed to the IRO Admission Team.
- Mere application doesn't ensure admission to any programme. Applicants need to ensure that they have read the course related information carefully before applying.
- Only students who fulfill all the specified requirements (Academic) will be considered for the next processes.
- Online Written Test or International Entrance Test will be conducted for all the short-listed students in January 2018.
- The Skype/ Telephonic Interview for all the short-listed candidates will be conducted in last week in the last week of January 2018.
Note:Applications are accepted only through one channel and one cannot apply through both Indian and International channel.
TISSNET 2018 Registrations for International Candidates
International Applicants are also eligible to appear for TISSNET 2018. The eligible candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to complete TISSNET Registration.
- International students are required to visit firstname.lastname@example.org for admission related queries.
- They can apply for the examination via online as well as offline mode.
- Online Mode: Fill the attached admission form and send the scanned copies of the documents required to the international office.
- Offline Mode: Download the attached admission form and send the hard copies of the requisite documents at the international office.
- Last date for submission of application form for international students is tentatively January 18, 2018.
- International students facing any trouble while applying for TISSNET 2018 can contact the IRO for assistance anytime.
TISSNET 2018 Admission Rules for International Students
To get admission to TISS, foreign candidates have different TISS admission guidelines to follow. Some of the important points are given below:
- Students will not be allowed to change the selected program after the declaration of the final result.
- In case a student qualifies for more than 1 program, they have to inform IRO regarding their Choice within 2-3 days to facilitate the final registration.
- Transfer of Admission from one-TISS campus to another will not be allowed after the commencement of the program. Hence, any such request has to be communicated within a week of receiving the provisional selection information from TISS.
- Admission will be offered based on the priority of Program(s) mentioned by the student in TISSNET application form.
- Any change in the application form/ submission of supporting documents will only be allowed before the commencement of the Online Written Test.
- Canvassing in any form and at any stage of the selection processes will lead to disqualification
- If any statement furnished by the student is found incorrect at any time, he/she will be liable to be debarred permanently from the course.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstances.
- Admission of International Students will be confirmed only after Verification of Original Certificates, Medical Fitness Test, and Payment of the required fees.
- All International Students will have to register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police station, within 2 weeks of arrival in India.
- IRO will help in providing letters and other necessary documents for the FRRO registration/ ID-Card/ Sim-Card/ House-lease etc.
- Candidates awaiting result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission. They should have a clear understanding that their selection will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of concerned course.
- Mark sheet / Grade sheets/certificates downloaded from the Internet shall not be accepted at the time of admission.
- No candidate shall be eligible to peruse a full-time course of study if he / she is already admitted to any full – time course of study in TISS.
Documents Required for TISSNET Registration
There are certain documents that need to be uploaded at the time of TISS Registration irrespective of the category. Also, there are a few certificates mentioned below which a candidate need to upload as per their category. Those who are applying in offline mode should enclose these documents along with the Application form before sending it.
The list of documents is tabulated below:
|General||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).|
|SC / ST (Annual income more than INR 2.5 lakhs)|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Caste / Tribe Certificate.
OBC (NC) (Annual income more than INR 1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash),
Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar.
SC / ST (Annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs)
Photograph, Signature, Caster / Tribe Certificate, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
OBC (NC) (Annual income less than INR 1 lakh)
Photograph, Signature, Income Certificate for the financial year 2015-16, Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate issued after 01-04-2016 by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner / Tahsildar, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash).
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
|KM||Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and KM certificate.|
Photograph, Signature, TISS copy of challan (if paid by cash) and
Armed Force certificate.
- Candidates filling the form online have to upload the documents. Those who have opted offline mode have to submit the form via speed post and attach Xeroxed documents, attested by any School Headmaster or a Principal of College or a Gazetted Officer.
- Any Application Form submitted without the requisite documents would be summarily rejected.
Income Certificate Upload
The required format of Income certificate is PDF and its size should not be more than 500 kb. Only candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NC) candidates are required to submit it. Some of the instructions regarding the same are given below:
- If the Applicant himself and/OR Parent/s And/Or Guardian /Other Family members employed.
- If candidate's parent is a farmer.
- If candidate's parent has own business.
- SC / ST candidate with their annual income less than INR 2.5 lakhs.
- OBC (NC) candidate with annual income less than INR 1 lakh.
How to Resize the documents for upload?
Candidates must resize the documents in case they are not in the desired format. The documents must be resized and converted into the format defined only.
The size and format of documents are mentioned below:
|Documents||Format required||Size required|
|Passport size photo||JPG/PNG||Height 132 pixels; 302 pixels|
|Income certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Caste/Tribe certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Armed force certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|PWD certificate||PDF||500 kb|
|Kashmiri migrant certificate||PDF||500 kb|
Procedure to Upload Photograph and Signature:
- Go to www.picresize.com
- Upload/ browse your signature and click on continue.
- After seeing the preview in step 1, scroll down in order to go to step 2 which is resize your picture.
- Select custom size from the drop down list “Make my picture”.
- Enter the requisite height and width which is 132 and 302 pixels respectively.
- Now click on 'Save As' and save the picture in the required format of JPG/PNG and click on 'I am done resizing my image'.
TISSNET Exam Center
Candidates have to indicate the preference for TISSNET 2018 Exam Center at the filling the Application form for TISSNET 2018. The management entrance exam will be conducted in 39 exam cities.
|Northern Region||Eastern Region||Western Region||Southern Region|
The final right to allot the exam center for TISSNET 2018 is reserved with the exam conducting authority. In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the authority reserves the right to allot any new center or delete any center from the existing list of exam cities.