TANCET 2018 Result will be declared tentatively in the second week of June 2018 by Anna University. The rank card contains the marks/percentiles scored by them in overall and in individual sections. They will need to take its printout as well because it is required at the time of admission.
- Candidates can check their result/rank card from annauniv.edu
- TANCET Result can be accessed by entering Login ID and Password.
- Based on the number of participants and average percentile scored, institutes determine their individual cut off.
- Candidates qualifying TANCET Cut Off set by the Anna University will be eligible for the admission process in various colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- The qualification criteria for TANCET depends on candidate’s category.
TANCET Rank Card is a mandatory document which should be produced at the time of counselling, held through TANCA 2018. Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) or TANCET Counselling would start post declaration of the result.
TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test held for admission to MBA/MCA/ME/MTech courses in Tamil Nadu. The test is conducted annually in offline mode by Anna University in the month of March.
Highlights of TANCET 2018 Result
|TANCET 2018 Result will be declared in ||June 2018 (Tentative)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Courses Offered||ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan, MBA and MCA|
|Publication of TANCET Answer Keys||April 2018 (Tentative)|
|TANCET Counselling will commence in ||June 2018 (Tentative)|
How to Check TANCET 2018 Result?
Anna University will release TANCET Result in online mode at its official website. Candidates can check their results by entering their TANCET 2018 Registration number and date of birth on the official website. Candidates are advised to keep their result safe till the completion of the admission process.
On the basis of the TANCET rank list, candidates will be called for counselling. Candidates will have to show their score card at the time of verification of documents.
The steps to check TANCET 2018 Result is as follows:
- Visit the official website at www.annauniv.edu/tancet2018.
- Click on the link “TANCET 2018 Result”
- After clicking on the link, candidates have to provide their Registration Number and Date of Birth
- After furnishing all the details, candidates will be redirected their Scorecard.
- TANCET 2018 Result will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates are advised to check all particulars mentioned in the result and take a print out of it
Details Mentioned on TANCET 2018 Rank Card
TANCET 2018 Rank Card is one of the most important documents, it will carry following information:
TANCET 2018 Result- Normalization of Scores
Candidates’ score will be calculated on the basis of marks scored by him/her in TANCET 2018 (Raw Scores) and Normalized Score will be obtained. Both scores will be calculated as follows-
- Raw Score - Marks scored by a candidate in Part-1 + Part-2 + Part-3 of TANCET 2018
- Part 1 is Engineering Mathematics, Part 2 is Basic Engineering & Science and Part 3 is for different Disciplines.
- Normalised Score - The Mean marks of Raw Scores for different discipline may vary.
The conducting authority will use following formula for calculating normalized score:
40 + (10/S) (r-m)
S - standard deviation
m - mean marks
r - raw marks
TANCET 2018 Answer Key
- TANCET 2018 official answer key will be released soon after the exam is concluded at the website of Anna University.
- In order to download official TANCET 2018 Answer key, candidates will have to enter their Registration Number and Password.
- TANCET 2018 Answer Key is provided to candidates so that they can check it against their answer sheets and get an idea of how much marks they would score in the exam.
- In case, any discrepancy in the answer key, candidates can also challenge it by sending a valid proof before the specified last date.
TANCET 2018 Merit List
TANCET 2018 Merit list of the qualified and successful candidates will be prepared by the Anna University on the basis of score obtained in TANCET 2018 and GATE 2018.
Anna University prepares 3 separate merit lists for admission through TANCET 2018. The merit lists will be for GATE 2018 qualifiers, TANCET 2018 candidates and Sponsored category candidates.
GATE 2018 Category Merit List
- For the Candidates(Engineering/Technology), GATE 2018 Score will be taken into account for preparing merit.
- For Engineering Science and Life Science paper Codes, Merit list will be prepared on the basis of Candidate’s GATE 2019 score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers and TANCET 2018 score with a weightage of 70:30.
- Also, a Common Merit List is prepared for GATE (Engineering/Technology) and GATE (Engineering Science XE, Life Science XL).
TANCET 2018 Category Merit List
- Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in TANCET 2018.
Sponsored Category Merit List
- A small number of seats are made available to candidates employed and sponsored by Governmental organisations, Government aided educational institutions and registered professional architects with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of TANCET 2018. Sponsored candidates will be admitted only to the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai.
TANCET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off score is the minimum marks a candidate must obtain in order to qualify TANCET 2018. TANCET 2018 cut off score is based on many factors such as
- Total number of candidates appearing in TANCET 2018 Examination
- Total number of candidates who passed the examination
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of seats
After the declaration of TANCET 2018 Result, Anna University will release the qualifying cut offs for each course and subsequently students will be called for the counselling process.
TANCET 2018 Counselling
- Candidates, who will clear TANCET 2018 Cut off will be called to appear in the counselling process to get admission into Anna University, Government, private and Self-financing Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- TANCET 2018 Counselling procedure will take place after the declaration of the result. It will tentatively start in the month of June 2018. The admission will be based on the merit list position and marks secured by the candidates in the examination.
- There will be different counselling process for each course. Candidates are required to register for TANCET 2018 Counselling Procedure at the official site of Anna University.
Some of the key guidelines of the Counselling Process is mentioned below-
- Candidates will have to pay INR 5300(INR 1,150 for SC/ST/SCA candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for counselling. It includes non-refundable counselling fee of INR 300.
- The fee can be paid either by cash or by DD in favour of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Candidates will also be required to carry all the important documents with them. In absence of documents, their candidature is likely to be cancelled.
TANCA (M.Tech/M.E/M. Arch/M. Plan) Counselling
Counselling for Engineering, Technology and Architecture is carried out by a specific board known as Tamil Nadu Common Entrance (TANCA) by a Single Window Counselling. Candidates appearing for counselling must hold a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST/SCA), and also have one of the following:
- TANCET 2018 Score
- GATE 2018 qualified valid Score in an appropriate discipline of Engineering/Technology.
- GATE 2018 qualified valid score in Engineering Science (XE)/Life Science (XL) along with TANCET 2018 score.
TANCET 2018 Counselling Procedure for MBA/MCA courses will be conducted at the Anna University, Chennai. The seats in various colleges for the course of MBA/MCA will be filled on the basis of merit list of the candidates.
Documents Required for TANCET Counselling Process
- Class Xth Mark Sheet (Date of Birth Proof)
- Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- TANCET 2018 Hall Ticket
- TANCET 2018 Score Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
TANCET 2018 admission will be successful with the completion of the counselling procedure. Admission fee must be paid at the time of counselling according to the course chosen by a candidate.