TANCET 2017 RESULT & COUNSELLING
STATE LEVEL ONLINE TEST
TANCET 2017 Results have been announced on official website ie. annauniv.edu. Candidates have to enter registration number and date of birth to check the result. TANCET results are displayed in the form of rank card which should be downloaded and kept safe for the future correspondence. Check Here TANCET Cut Off
TANCET Rank Card is a mandatory document which should be produced at the time of counselling, held through TANCA 2017. TANCA (Tamil Nadu Common Admission) or TANCET Counselling would start post declaration of the result.
Anna University declares TANCET 2017 Result on its official website. TANCET Result is declared separately for each discipline. Candidates can access their results and rank in the form of the rank card. Follow the steps given below to check TANCET 2017 Results:
In case you are unable to check your TANCET 2017 Results, try after some time or clear cache. If still, the problem persists, contact the help desk. Candidates must note that TANCET score card/ mark-sheet/ rank card is required at the time of counselling.
TANCET Result is considered for admission to MBA/ MCA/ M.Tech/ ME courses in Tamil Nadu state. It consists of the details of the performance of candidates in the exam. The rank card contains-
TANCET Rank Card is a very important document and must be kept safe until the completion of the admission process. Candidate can reissue it if lost. The rank card can be obtained by paying an amount of INR 100 via DD drawn in favor of Anna University with a written request for re-issuing of the same.
TANCET Result 2017 is calculated on the basis of Raw Marks and Normalized Score obtained by the candidates. TANCET 2017 Merit List is prepared on the basis of normalised scores obtained by them. The process of calculating marks is explained below:
Mean Marks (m) and Standard Deviation (s) of Raw Marks may differ from discipline to discipline. To minimize the effect of this variation, the competent authorities use the following formula to calculate normalized scores:
Anna University prepares 3 separate TANCET Merit Lists for admission through TANCET 2017. The three merit lists are: GATE Category Merit List, TANCET Category and Sponsored Category.
If two or more candidates have scored the same marks in TANCET 2017, then the merit list and ranks will be ascertained on the basis of candidates with higher average percentage of marks secured in the qualifying degree examination.
The total seats available for admissions to MBA, MCA and engineering courses are expected to be around 18000, 17000 and 20000 respectively, to be filled under government quota through a single window counselling.
Admissions to various colleges are subject to seats vacant in that particular college. A total of 69% seats is reserved for SC/ST/SCA candidates while the rest 31% is available for open communities i.e. candidates from other states. Analysis of seat allocation in TANCET 2016 is indicated in the table below for reference of the applicants.
|Open Seats||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class(minority)||03.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Aruthathiyars)||03.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||01.00 %|
TANCET 2017 Counselling for Engineering, Technology and Architecture is carried out by a specific board known as Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Admission. Candidates need to register separately for TANCA to participate in TANCET Counselling.
The counselling process is likely to commence in the month of June 2017. Applications for participation in counselling must be sent along with all the relevant documents, counselling fee and TANCET hall ticket to Anna University within the stipulated time frame.
Admission to vacant seats in various MBA/MCA colleges is done on the basis of merit ranking by TANCA. The venue for counselling will be Anna University itself. Candidates are required to carry all the important documents with them. In absence of which, their candidature is likely to be cancelled. Some of the key guidelines are indicated below:
Admissions to various Engineering, Technology and Architecture courses are carried out by single window counselling through TANCA. Candidates need to INR 5300/- which is inclusive of INR 300/- counselling fee. SC/SCA/ST category candidates from Tamil Nadu need to pay INR 1150/-. The fee can be paid through Demand Draft or Cash. Demand draft should be drawn in favor of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University”, payable at Chennai.
Candidates must have passed the qualifying Bachelor degree with at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/SCA) and also have one of the following.
Check Here List of Particiapting Colleges
TNACET is an entrance examination for admission in ...
TANCET is conducted by the Anna University, Chenna ...