TANCET Counselling- Post declaration of result, Anna University publishes rank list as per candidate’s performance in the exam. The competent authorities will prepare 3 separate rank lists for admission through TANCET 2017. On the basis of ranks generated, TANCET Counselling will be conducted in 3 rounds in May 2017 at designated counselling centers. Check Here TANCET Rank List
Candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks required, are eligible for appearing in TANCET 2017 Counselling. Shortlisted candidates can check the TANCET 2017 Cut Off list to check the minimum marks set by the preferred colleges they seek to get admission.
TANCET is a state level entrance exam for admissions to various colleges and universities for courses viz. MBA/MCA and M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan. Candidates have to register separately for each round of counselling. TANCET 2017 Counselling will take place at the chosen counselling centers and admissions will be done purely on the basis of merit list. The formal charge of counselling is INR 500 (INR 250 for SC/ST/SCA). Check Here TANCET Participating Colleges
For admission to MBA/MCA/MCA Lateral Entry courses, TANCET Counselling will be held by Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai-25 and Director of Collegiate Education Chennai-6. While for admission to M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan courses, TANCET Counselling will be directed by Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA), Anna University, Chennai-25.
TANCET 2017 Result and Score Card
Candidates can check their TANCET Result from official website of Anna University at http://tancetexam.annauniv.edu/univent17/login.php. The score card can be downloaded and saved for future references. TANCET Score Card contains information such as Name, Registration Number, Raw Score, Normalized Score, Overall Rank and Community Rank. It is valid for the current academic session 2017-18 only..
TANCET 2017 Counselling Procedure
After the declaration of TANCET 2017 Result, candidates need to register separately for TANCET 2017 Counselling at the official website of Anna University. The link will be live soon after the results are declared. Candidates who have qualified GATE 2017 are exempted from appearing in the examination but can participate in TANCET 2017 Counselling.
The eligibility criteria to qualify for the TANCET 2017 Counselling is mentioned below:
- For General category, the candidates must pass all the subjects of the qualifying degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- For Reserved categories (BC / BCM / MBC&DNC / SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu), the candidates must pass the qualifying examination with 45% marks.
The candidates applying for TANCET 2017 Counselling through the scores obtained in GATE 2017 must carry the GATE 2017 Score Card.
- There are two available mode to apply for TANCET 2017 Counselling
- Offline Form
- Online Form
- After the TANCET 2017 Results are declared, Anna University will release Counselling application Forms for counselling procedure. Candidates can get the Application for Counselling at the various Application Form Issue Centre.
- The form will require information such as Name, Registration number etc.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the form carefully.
- After filling the form, enclose the relevant documents and send it to “The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”
- The online electronic form will be made available to the interested candidates at the official website of Anna University.
- After clicking on the
- Candidate will be asked to fill in the details such as Name, Registration Number and Counselling Centre.
- Candidates are required to fill the form carefully and accurate.
- Now take the printout. Enclose the relevant documents with DD and send the package to ”The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai”
- After the candidates have successfully applied for counselling of TANCET 2017, Anna University will release the counselling call letter to the concerned candidates with information about the Time and date of counselling along with candidates Name, Registration Number, Counselling Centre and the City.
- Candidates need to report at the counselling Centre 2 hours before the scheduled time to avoid any last minute hassle and panic.
- The admission to various institutes over Tamil Nadu are carried out through Single window counselling at various counselling centres across the Tamil Nadu state.
- The counselling of students for course such as M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan are carried out by an entire separate body known as Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) 2017.
- GATE 2017 qualified candidates can also apply for TANCA 2017 but only if they have marks equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks in that category.
LATEST MBA APPLICATION FORMS
TANCA 2017 Merit List
For admissions into courses viz. M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan, TANCA 2017 creates a common merit list considering counselling in three categories for further counselling processes.
- GATE 2017 qualified Candidate: For Engineering/Technology Candidates
- GATE 2017 qualified Candidates with valid TANCET 2017 scores: For Engineering Science XS/Life Sciences XL candidates
- TANCET Category: Candidates with valid TANCET 2017
- Sponsored Category: Sponsored candidates with valid TANCET 2017 scores.
- If the candidates score equal marks in TANCET 2017 then the candidate with higher average percentage in the qualifying degree shall be placed on a higher rank.
General Information to Candidates
- Eligible candidates may appear for counselling according to their cut-off mark.
- They should report two hours before the counselling session irrespective of receipt of individual communication.
- Candidates who do not attend the counselling have to forego the claim of admission.
- Change of date / time of counselling is not permissible. Authorities are not responsible for the postal delay or non-receipt of counselling intimation.
- Once a seat is allotted, the amount of 5,000/- for general or 1,000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee to be paid to the respective allotted college.
- Candidates are advised to post the completed application with all the enclosures well in advance so as to reach Anna University, Chennai-25 on or before the specified date and time. Application may be sent by Registered post or Speed post to avoid any delay.
- The candidates have to pay the remaining fees in the college concerned at the time of admission on the date specified in the allotment order. No further correspondence will be entertained pertaining to Admissions.
Relevant Documents for TANCET 2017 Counselling
- Demand Draft
- In Photo Copy (Original Shall not be included)
- X Std. Mark sheet
- XII Std. Mark sheet or Diploma (3 years) Certificate
- Qualifying degree Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- Mark sheet Of all semesters or consolidated mark sheet
- TANCET 2017 Call Letter
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last studied
- Valid GATE 2017 score card for (Engineering/Technology) category
- Valid GATE 2017 score card and TANCET 2017 Hall Ticket for GATE (Engineering Science XE/Life Science XL) category
- TANCET 2017 Hall Ticket, TANCET 2017 Mark Sheet
- Permanent Community Certificate in card or in electronic form for BC / BCM, MBC / DNC & SC / SCA / ST contenders of Tamil Nadu
- Certificate from District Medical Board for Differently Able candidates (if Applicable)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/ digitally signed e-Certificate. (if Applicable)
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsidar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Srilankan Refugee candidates)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
TANCET 2017 Counselling and Call Letter
After successful receiving of TANCET 2017 MBA/MCA Counselling application form along all the corresponding documents by Anna University. Candidates’ Counselling call letter is released. Counselling call letter authorizes the candidates’ candidature during the counselling. In no circumstances, candidate should reach Counselling Centre without Counselling call letter.
Counselling Call Letter contains details such as
- Date, reference Number,
- Name, Registration Number, Normalized Marks
- Overall rank, Community rank
- Counselling Course(MBA/MCA)
- Counselling Venue, Counselling Date & Time
Counselling call letter describes all the mandatory information regarding Counselling with guidelines, Do’s and Don’ts, fee information and eligibility.
Counselling Charges and Fees
Candidates have to pay an amount of INR 5300 for open candidates and INR 1150 for SC/ST/SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu which includes non-refundable amount of INR 300(INR 150 for SC/ST/SCA) towards counselling fee.
- Allotted candidates will be given the provisional allotment slip and receipt for Rs.5000/- (Rs.1000/- in case of Tamil Nadu SC/SCA/ST).Candidates have to pay the remaining fee to the college allotted at the time of admission on the date specified in the provisional allotment order.
- Once a seat is allotted, the amount of ` 5,000/- for general or ` 1,000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee to be paid to the respective allotted college.
- Refund of Initial Deposit: If a candidate does not join as per the allotment and seeks refund, only 80 % of the initial deposit amount paid at the time counselling will be refunded and the candidate should submit the following on or before the last date.
- Requisition letter addressed to the Secretary
- Allotment Order together with acknowledgement for the receipt of payment (In original)
Above mentions document should be properly posted to the following address
For MBA/MCA: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu MBA/MCA Admissions 2017, Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore.
For M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch/M.Plan: “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University”
TANCET 2017 Seat Allotment
- During Counselling, Candidates will be asked to choose colleges along with their appropriate branches from list of all the colleges affiliated to TANCET 2017, TANCA 2017.
- Candidates are advised to stay informed about the college they are choosing during counselling.
- Allotted seats to the candidate are subject to vacant seats in the college and common merit list prepared.
- Candidate with better rank in common merit list will be given preference over other candidates during allotment of seats.
- Candidates can attend the second and even third counselling, if he/she is not satisfied with the allotted college.
- Candidates absent in the first phase of counselling or second phase of counselling will not be allowed to attend next and there on phases of TANCET 2017 Counselling.
- Colleges allocated in the last round will be considered final.