SSC Stenographer Application Form
SSC Stenographer 2017 (Staff Selection Commission Stenographer 2017) is an exam conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Process Commission) for recruitments to the post of a Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’.
- The application process for SSC Stenographer has started.
- Candidates who want to apply for the post of stenographer in government departments/ministries can submit their applications by June 15, 2017.
- Students can fill SSC Stenographer Application form in online mode only.
- He or she must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board to be eligible to apply.
- The application fee for SSC Stenographer Application form is INR 100 and it can be paid both offline as well as online.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Registration Dates
Candidates must keep in mind the important dates related to SSC Stenographer Exam. The date of commencement of SSC Stenographer Application Form is June 17, 2017. The last date to apply is July 15, 2017. Given below are important dates for SSC Stenographer 2017 exam:
|Commencement of SSC Stenographer Application Form||June 17, 2017|
|Last Date for Online Registration for SSC Stenographer||July 15, 2017 |
|Availability of SSC Stenographer Admit Card||2 weeks before the exam date |
|Date of Written Examination of SSC Stenographer||September 04- September 07, 2017|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility 2017
There are certain eligibility requirements that are required for the post of a stenographer in government institutions. The Staff Selection Commission has provided a list of eligibility criteria for candidates which includes nationality, academic criteria, age limit, etc. to apply for this post. Following is the eligibility requirement as laid down by SSC:
Candidate applying for SSC Stenographer exam must be:
- An Indian Citizen
- Citizens from the following countries can also apply for SSC Stenographer:
- Tibetan refugee, who has come to India with an intention of settling permanently before January 1, 1962.
- Indians who have migrated from India to Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries and many such countries will be eligible for applying to this exam
- Candidate must be 18- 27 years of age on January 1, 2017. A candidate born not before August 2, 1989, nor later than August 1, 1998, shall be eligible for the exam
- There is special relaxation made by Government of India for the reserved categories (SC / ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and Ex- servicemen, Central Government employees and domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Candidate must have passed 12th class or any equivalent degree from a recognized board or institution.
- If a candidate is currently giving the final exams for class 12th and will acquire the required certificates by August 1, 2017, can also apply for SSC Stenographer examination.
Candidates must note that they stenographer skills to apply for this post. Mere passing of the examination or catering to other eligibility criteria would not be considered. Those who possess relevant skills will be given preference for the vacant post of stenographer.
KNOW MORE ABOUT SSC Stenographer Eligibility
Prerequisites for SSC Stenographer Application Form
To apply for SSC Stenographer examination, a candidate must prepare himself/herself with the following information and documents:
- Candidate must carry all the personal and academic details (as mentioned in the Matriculation certificate)
- Candidate must get one scanned copy of his/her photograph as well as signatures.
- Candidate should know that the size of the file of the photographs must be more than 4 kb and less than 12 kb with a resolution of 100-pixel width and 120-pixel height.
- Dimensions for scanned signatures is 40-pixel width and 60-pixel height. The file should in jpg format and should be more than 1kb and less than 12kb.
- If the uploaded photograph or signatures are blurred or the photograph and signatures are not uploaded, the application form will be rejected.
- The documents required for the payment of the fee must also be kept ready for SSC Stenographer Application Form.
Before applying for SSC Stenographer 2017, a candidate will have to go through One- time Registration process. This registration and Unique ID and password will be applicable for all the examinations conducted by SSC.
SSC Stenographer 2017 Application Form
The application fee for SSC Stenographer examination is INR 100. There is an exemption of fee for reserved categories (SC / ST, OBC, Physically Handicapped and ex-servicemen). Also, women applying for this examination are also exempted from the fee.
There are two modes of payment of Application fee:
For the convenience of the candidates, payment for application fee can be made online this year. Candidate can choose SBI net banking option as a payment mode. Candidate can use a Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/Master Card/Maestro) or Credit Card or Internet Banking or IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets for the online payment of SSC Stenographer application fee. Extra charges will be applied for the online transaction by the respective bank.
If a candidate finds offline payment convenient, then he/she can pay the SSC Stenographer Application fee offline via CRF stamps or SBI Challan.
Important points to consider
- Candidate applying for SSC stenographer exam must note that only one application will be considered. In case there are multiple applications, the last completed application will be considered final.
- Candidates must fill the SSC Stenographer Application form online only. They can get the application form from the official website. Along with filling the application form, a candidate can also make fee payment online using SBI net banking services.
- If a candidate wants to make payment offline, he/she must get SBI Challan generated.
- It is advisable that candidates must retain registration number with themselves and details of the online fee payment must also be retained for further proceedings.
- Candidates must not submit the printout of the application form or they should not send it by post as it will not be considered, only online applications with all the particulars filled correctly will be entertained.
- Candidates who will successfully submit the complete application form and pay the application fee of INR 100 will be issued the admit card for SSC Stenographer examination.
- If there is any discrepancy in the submission of the application form or fee payment, SSC shall not hold any responsibility for it.
Steps to Apply for SSC Stenographer 2017
Candidates who wish to apply for SSC Stenographer exam must be aware of the procedure to apply for it and correctly fill in the application form. Here are the steps to apply for SSC Stenographer exam:
Before filling in the application form for SSC Stenographer, a candidate must get himself/ herself registered on the official website of SSC. Here are the steps that must be followed for the registration process:
- Visit the official website of SSC to find a link to One-time registration.
- Click on the apply link, the registration window will appear asking him/her to enter relevant details.
- Candidate will be asked to enter his / her name, father’s name, date of birth, gender and text. After pressing Enter button, a candidate will be moved to another set of information to be filled.
- Candidate will have to enter personal details, basic details, and contact details after giving the general details.
- Next, a candidate must click on submit after entering all the details and get the registration ID and Password for further application procedures.
- If the candidate makes some mistake while entering details in the registration part, he/she has the option of editing the registration details. The candidate should log into the page and use option ‘view/edit Registration’ by filling in date of birth, registration number, and password.
- Filling Details
After successful registration, a candidate can generate login ID and password. He/she should use the Login ID and password and proceed to fill the application form i.e. filling the necessary details. The details will include:
- Personal details- Personal details will include candidate’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender, category, etc.
- Academic details- Candidate will have to fill in the academic qualification that he/she acquires. Certificate of matriculation and qualifying marks are key factors to make a candidate eligible to sit for SSC Stenographer examination.
- Communication details- This will require candidate’s communication details which will include permanent address, correspondence address, pin code, state, etc.
- Uploading Documents
When a candidate is done with all the details, he/she is required to upload the documents that include a scanned copy of candidate’s photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature. Steps to upload documents are given below:
- Click on the link to ‘Upload the Photograph’
- Browse to the location where the Scanned Photograph has been saved
- Choose the Photograph/Signature
- Click on Upload button
Candidate must note that without uploading the scanned photograph or signatures, the application form will remain incomplete.
- Payment of Application Fee
Next step after filling the application form will be the payment of Application Fee i.e. INR 100. As mentioned earlier, a candidate can pay the application fee both online as well as offline. The application form will ask the candidate to check ‘I Agree’ and then it will redirect to the payment gateway. It is candidate’s choice to go for either online mode of payment or offline mode of payment.
- Online payment- If a candidate chooses an online mode of payment then he/she must enter the card number and pin in case of credit card. If a candidate opts for net banking facility, he/she will have to enter the bank details that will be asked for. Similarly, enter the details asked in the case of IMPS and mobile wallet/cash card.
- Offline payment- In case candidate finds an offline mode of payment convenient, he/she must generate SBI Challan and pay the fee.
Candidate must fill in the application form very carefully as there will be no scope of making any corrections afterward. Any discrepancies occurred due to incorrect information provided in the application form will not be responsible to the commission.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017
SSC Stenographer Admit Card will be made available online on the official website of SSC. A candidate can get an access to the admit card by entering the registration number. SSC will not send the admit card via post. Students must download the admit card online and get it printed out after checking the particulars mentioned in it.
To download the admit card candidate must follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website and look for the admit card link.
- When navigated to another page candidate must fill in the particulars such as registration number, date of birth, etc. (as applicable).
- After candidate fills in all the required particulars he/she will be shown the admit card on the screen. Candidate must check all the particulars carefully.
- If all the particulars mentioned are correct, a candidate must save the admit card and get a print out of it.
- It is advisable to retain the admit card after the examination for further procedures.
SSC Stenographer Exam Centers 2017
A candidate has to select the preferred SSC Stenographer Exam Center carefully while filling up the Application form. The competent authority will not acknowledge any request for the change in the center of the examination. The candidates must note that the SSC reserves the right to cancel any exam center allotted to them and may ask them to appear at some other exam center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Candidates often face some problems and have questions regarding the Application Form for SSC stenographer. Here are some generally asked questions and answers to them:
Ques.1 How do I reprint my offline bank challan if I have misplaced mine?
Ans.1 If you have misplaced your Challan, click on the ‘Download Offline Challan’ on the main page.
Ques. 2 Can I generate the Offline Challan before completing application form?
Ans. 2 It is not possible to generate Offline Challan before completing the application form.
Ques. 3 Where can I check my application status?
Ans. 3 Check your application status using the link provided on the main page. Your application form will be considered complete if Application Status becomes completed.
Ques. 4 I have submitted fee offline but the status says fee pending. What should I do?
Ans. 4 You must wait for 3 days. It will be updated within three days of the payment of application fee.
Ques. 5 Where can I find the link to download my application form? (After payment of application fee or in case of fee exemption)
Ans. 5 To download your application form, go to ‘Apply/Print’ and enter the relevant details. You will get your pdf downloaded.
Ques. 6 I could not pay the fee due to bad network connection while I was in an online mode of fee payment, what should I do now?
Ans. 6 You should go to ’Apply/Print’ option, you will be redirected to the fee payment section.
Ques. 7 My online payment was unsuccessful. Can I generate an Offline Challan?
Ans. 7 Yes, you can generate offline Challan. Just go to ‘Apply/Print’ option and you will be redirected to fee section, from there generate your Offline Challan.