SSC Stenographer 2017
SSC Stenographer is organized by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Grade C and D stenographer in central government organizations. SSC Stenographer Stage 1 is an online mode examination organized at 60 different locations across India. After qualifying the first stage, shortlisted candidates are called for a skill test (typing test) held in offline mode.
Given below is a quick synopsis of SSC Stenographer 2017:
- SSC has released a notification for SSC Stenographer on June 17, 2017. Check now
- The application process for the post of SSC Stenographer has started. They can now fill the SSC Stenographer Application Form.
- The last date to apply for SSC Stenographer is July 15, 2017.
- SSC Stenographer Computer Based Test is going to be held from September 04, 2017 to September 07, 2017.
- The age limit to apply for the post is 18-27 years. The qualification required to apply for the exam is Class X.
- Candidates with a disability except (Hearing Impaired) are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Salary offered for the post of Grade C Stenographer is INR 9300 - INR 34800. (Grade Pay- INR 4200)
- Salary offered to Grade D Stenographer by SSC is INR 5200- INR 20200 (Grade Pay- 2400). Check Detailed SSC Stenographer Eligibility
- There are 30 vacancies in Grade C and 385 vacancies in Grade D for general candidates.
SSC Stenographer is scheduled for online mode from September 04- September 07, 2017. Here are few key points related toSSC Stenographer Exam Pattern:
- The exam is divided into three parts- General Intelligence and Reasoning (Part 1), General Awareness (Part 2) and General English (Part 3).
- There are 50 objective type questions in Part 1 and Part 2 while there are 100 MCQs in Part 3.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours. It is conducted in two shifts- morning and afternoon shifts. 40 minutes extra are given to disabled candidates.
- Part 1 in the exam comprises both verbal and non-verbal reasoning. Part 2 comprises questions based on current affairs. Part 3 includes questions to test candidate’s knowledge of basic English grammar.
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer while ¼ mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
SSC Stenographer Exam Dates 2017
SSC Stenographer 2017 registration process has begun. The last date to fill the SSC Stenographer Application Form is July 15, 2017. SSC Stenographer CBT is going to conducted from September 04 to September 07, 2017. Given below is the table providing information on SSC Stenographer Exam Dates 2017:-
|SSC Notification for Stenographer will be released on||June 17, 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Application Form will be available from||June 17, 2017|
|Last Date to submit SSC Stenographer Application Form||July 15, 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card will be issued on||July (Last week)|
|SSC Stenographer Exam is scheduled for||September 04- September 07, 2017|
|SSC Stenographer Result 2017 Declaration Date||October 2017|
|SSC Stenographer 2017 Skill Test Date||April to May 2018|
|Final Result Declaration Date||Updated Soon|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility 2017
Candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria stated by SSC to apply for the desired posts. SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- The minimum qualification required to apply for the SSC Stenographer exam is clearing class XII or any equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or University.
- Candidates appearing in the final year from the Board/University to prove the same can also apply for the SSC Stenographer exam.
Candidates belonging to any of the following nationalities can apply for the SSC Stenographer exam:
- Indian citizen
- Citizen of Nepal
- Citizen of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee, only if they come with the intention to stay in India
- People born in India but migrated to Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries
- The age of the candidate must range from 18 years to 27 years.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-Servicemen, Central Government Employees, and J&K domiciled candidates) can avail age relaxation as per the Government of India.
SSC Stenographer Reservation 2017
Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/Ex-servicemen/Physically Disabled categories can claim reservation during the SSC Stenographer Selection process. Persons with One Arm (OA)/One Leg (OL)/Both Legs (BL)/Blind (B) or Low Vision (LV) disabilities are suitable for applying for the post of Stenographer Grade C as per the guidelines of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- However, as per the same guidelines, the Grade D Stenographer post can be applied by candidates suffering from One Arm (OA)/One Leg (OL)/One Arm and Leg (OAL)/Both Legs (BL)/Blind (B) or Low Vision (LV) disabilities.
- SSC Steno Vacancies for the Grade C and Grade D Stenographer post through SSC Stenographer exam is in the Ministries/Departments of Central Government which also includes their Attached/Subordinate Offices located in States and Union Territories all over the country.
- The people who suffer from Hearing Impairment (HI) cannot apply for SSC Stenographer.
CHECK SSC Steno Vacancy
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017
SSC has released online applications to apply for SSC Stenographer. Submit the completely filled form latest by July 15, 2017. Here are the steps to apply for the desired post:
Step 1 Registration
Candidates have to initially register for the SSC Stenographer exam on the official website. The steps followed for the same is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of SSC and click on “Apply”
- Enter the details (name, father’s name, date of birth, gender) to register for the SSC Stenographer.
- Enter text or captcha in the blank field provided and click on ‘Enter’
- The new window to enter the personal, basic and contact details in the SSC Stenographer Application Form
- Enter the captcha at the end and click on ‘Submit’
Step 2 Uploading Images
- Click on the link ‘Choose File’ under the blank space provided for the photograph.
- Browse and select the appropriate image (JPEG file), click on Open/upload
- Click on Submit Photo/Signature post uploading it
Note: Size of the photo must lie between 4 Kb to12 Kb with a resolution of 100 x 120 pixels. The size of signature must be more than 1 Kb but less than 20 Kb with resolution 40 x 60 pixels.
Step 3 Filling the SSC Stenographer Application Form
The step that follows after uploading the images is mentioning detailed information of the candidate. The steps followed to for this step is as follows:
- Enter the choice of SSC Stenographer Exam Center along with the code
- Indicate category code and the post you are applying for.
- Enter the academic qualification details along with few general details in the SSC Stenographer Application Form
- Enter the contact details correctly for further correspondence.
- Preview and submit the form
Step 4 Fee Payment
Candidates have to select among the offline and online mode of payment during the SSC Stenographer Application Process. The steps followed to pay the fee by any method is given below:
- Choose the payment gateway among Net banking or Card payment (Credit/Debit)
- If you choose Debit Card (Any bank or SBI), enter the Card number, validity and CVV number
- If you choose Credit Card, enter the Card Number and PIN
- If you choose Net banking, enter the account details
- Download the copy of e-challan from the official website.
- Write the details in the blank fields provided
- Deposit the fee in the nearest branch of SBI
- Print the application form after depositing the fee.
|General and OBC candidates||INR 100|
|Reserved Category and Female candidates||No Application Fee|
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017
Candidates will be issued the SSC Stenographer Admit Card after submission of the application form. They can download the SSC Stenographer Admit card for the written exam from the official website of SSC. The steps followed to download the SSC Stenographer Admit card are given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Follow the link ‘download SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2017’
- Enter the details asked such as roll number, date of birth, candidate’s name etc.
- Post verification of the entered details, click on Submit
- Download the SSC Stenographer Admit Card if the information mentioned on it is correct.
- Print the SSC Stenographer Admit card for further use
SSC Stenographer Admit card will be available on the website 2 weeks prior to the date of the exam. No candidate will receive the SSC Stenographer admit card by post. There are different SSC Stenographer Admit cards for both written examination and skill test. The discrepancies related to the SSC Stenographer Admit card are entertained at the Regional centers for different states.
SSC Stenographer Exam Centers 2017
Candidates have to mention the center code along with the preferred choice of SSC Stenographer Exam Center while filling up the application form.
- The allocated SSC Stenographer Exam Center is mentioned on the SSC Stenographer Admit Card.
- Candidates must enter the choice of the SSC Stenographer Exam Center in the Application form for SSC Stenographer wisely.
- No request for change of the allotted SSC Stenographer Exam center will be entertained by the Commission.
The table below gives the list of SSC Stenographer exam centers along with the center code:
|Exam Center and Center Code||Exam Center and Center Code||Exam Center and Center Code||Exam Center and Center Code||Exam Center and Center Code|
|Agra (3001)||Allahabad (3003)||Kanpur (3009)||Guna(6004)||Chattarpur(6002)|
|Lucknow (3010)||Varanasi (3013)||Bhagalpur||Raipur(6204)||Mandsaur(6010)|
|Gangtok (4001)||Ranchi(4205)||Jalpaiguri (4408)||Kolkata (4410)||Bhubaneshwar (4604)|
|Sambalpur (4609)||Port Blair (4802)||Surat(7007)||Leh(1005)||Panaji(7801)|
|Almora(2001)||Guntur (8001)||Chennai||Rajkot(7006)||Jhabua (6008)|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2017
SSC Stenographer Question paper is held in both English and Hindi (except for English language section) languages. As per the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern, the SSC Stenographer exam comprises of three sections or parts i.e. General Intelligence and Reasoning (Part I), General Awareness (Part II) and English Language and Comprehension (Part III).
- SSC Stenographer exam is conducted in 2 shifts i.e. morning shift and afternoon shift on the same day due to a large number of applications.
- The timing for the morning shift is from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. for General candidates whereas the disabled candidates are given an extra time extension of 40 minutes i.e. 10:00 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- The afternoon shift begins from 02:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m. for, general candidates, however, it is 02:00 p.m. to 04:40 p.m. for disabled candidates.
- Thus, the duration of the SSC Stenographer exam is 2 hours (2 hours 40 minutes for disabled candidates).
- They are awarded 1 mark for every correct response marked in the OMR Sheet.
- The total weightage for the SSC Stenographer exam is 200 marks.
- 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer marked in the SSC Stenographer exam.
60 x 3,
Exam duration is 3 hours
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
¼ mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC Stenographer is computer based test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 200 questions in SSC Stenographer
SSC Stenographer Syllabus
- The Part I of the SSC Stenographer exam comprises of 50 multiple choice questions carrying 50 marks.
- The questions asked in the Part I are both verbal and non-verbal type.
- The questions are designed to examine candidate’s ability to deal with abstract ideas, arithmetical computation, and analytical functions.
- The Part II of the SSC Stenographer exam includes 50 objective type questions holding a weightage of 50 marks.
- Candidates are tested on their knowledge of the environment and its applications, current affairs and experience in scientific aspects.
- For Visually Handicapped candidates who opt for a scribe, the questions including pictorial description are avoided.
- The Part III of SSC Stenographer exam comprises of 100 multiple choice questions in only English language.
- Candidates are tested on their knowledge and understanding of English grammar, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms etc. Candidates are tested on their proficiency in the English language in this section of the SSC Stenographer exam.
Check complete SSC Stenographer Syllabus
SSC Stenographer Preparation Books 2017
Candidates are required to prepare for the SSC Stenographer according to the SSC Stenographer Syllabus. Candidates can refer to the books mentioned in the table below to prepare and practice for the SSC Stenographer exam:
|Subjects Name||Name of the book||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude||RS Agarwal|
|Quicker Mathematics||M Tyra|
|English Language||English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Essential English Grammar||Raymond Murphy|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|Objective General English||Dr. RS Aggarwal & Shri Vikas Aggarwal|
|Logical Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasonin||Kiran Publication|
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|General Awareness||Lucent General Knowledge (available both in Hindi and English but English edition gives better coverage)||-|
|Any monthly magazine, such as Pratiyogita Darpan, Wizard or Chronicle||-|
|One newspaper such as Hindu, Times of India, Hindustan times etc||-|
|One yearbook, for reference, Manorama year book Any Budget special magazine||-|
SSC Stenographer Answer Key 2017
SSC Stenographer Answer Key will be published on the official website of SSC. The correct answers to every question will be mentioned in the SSC Stenographer Answer Key. Candidates can check and mark the number of correct and incorrect answers, to sum up, and predict the scores obtained by them.
The steps followed to download the SSC Stenographer Answer Key are given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Click on the link to ‘Download Answer Key 2017 for Grade C and Grade D’
- SSC Stenographer Answer Key for Grade C and Grade D is displayed in PDF format on the screen
- Download the SSC Stenographer Answer Key of your set and check the answers.
Candidate can then check the SSC Stenographer Cut off to predict his/her recruitment to the desired post.The official SSC Stenographer Answer Key will be published on the official website after approximately 4 weeks from the conduction of the SSC Stenographer exam. Candidates can view the SSC Stenographer Answer Key on the official website from September 06, 2017. The SSC Stenographer Answer Key released is different for different sets.
SSC Stenographer Result 2017
Candidates must note that the SSC Stenographer Result is declared separately for the written test and skill test. SSC Stenographer Result for written test will be declared in the month of October 2018.Candidates who qualify the written test are eligible to appear for skill test for SSC Stenographer.
Post conduction of the skill test, the Commission releases a Final Merit List or Allotment List on the official website. Candidates included in the merit list are recommended for an appointment by the commission. They are allocated to User Departments depending upon the merit position and options exercised by them.
The steps to check the SSC Stenographer Result for the written examination is given below:
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Follow the link for “SSC Stenographer Result 2017 for Grade C and Grade D”
- Search for your Roll Number in the given list of roll numbers in pdf format.
- Download the SSC Stenographer Result for further correspondence.
Note: In case, if a candidate cannot find his name in the SSC Stenographer Result, then it can be checked in the non-evaluated answer sheet list.
Candidates might obtain equal aggregate marks in the written test of SSC Stenographer exam. The tie is resolved by considering the following criteria:
- Candidate with higher marks in Part I of written exam is given higher marks if the tie persists then;
- Candidate’s date of birth is considered i.e. older candidate is preferred first, but if the tie still exists;
- Alphabetical order of the name of a candidate is the final decisive criteria.
Read More About SSC Stenographer Result
SSC Stenographer Skill Test 2017
Candidates who qualify the written examination of SSC Stenographer are shortlisted for the skill test for SSC Stenographer exam. They have to listen to the dictation given to them for 10 minutes in English/Hindi carefully.
- They are required to type the same on a computer at a speed of 100 w.p.m. to be recruited for the post of a Grade C Stenographer, while for Grade D, he/she must type at a speed of 80 w.p.m.
- Candidates with Visual Impairment have to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English or 100 minutes for Hindi Shorthand if they are applying for Grade D Stenographer.
- For Grade C, the Visually Handicapped candidates have to transcribe the matter in 75 minutes for English or 95 minutes for Hindi shorthand test. The skill test for SSC Stenographer will be held at Regional or Sub-Regional Offices or other centers as decided by the Commission. The transcription is evaluated electronically post submission.
- The skill test for SSC Stenographer will be held at Regional or Sub-Regional Offices or other centers as decided by the Commission. The transcription is evaluated electronically post submission.