SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017- The online window to fill SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is closed now. Earlier, SSC had extended the date of application form submission to June 19.
There is no formal announcement on availability of any form corection facility but candidates check this article for any official updates. SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card for Tier I is expected to release two weeks before the commencement of online test window. The basic eligibility requirements for SSC CGL 2017 is mentioned below.
- Any candidate with a bachelor’s degree in related/any discipline from a recognized university can apply for the exam
- The minimum age required to apply for SSC CGL 2017 is 17 years. The upper age limit is 28 years. Read Complete SSC CGL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
SSC CGL Registration is done in two parts where initially the candidates receive registration ID and password. After that, they have to upload a passport size photo, signature and other related documents. Application fee has to be remitted in online or offline mode. ₹ 100 is the application fee for general category while other reserved categories are exempted from paying the fee.
SSC CGL is conducted every year to fill vacancies in various Central Government Ministries and Departments. The exam would be held to full-fill 20,000 plus vacancies in various ministries and departments under union government. CheckSSC CGL 2017 Photo Size and Dimensions
- This year SSC CGL 2017 exam is scheduled to be held from August 1, 2017, to August 20, 2017
- SSC CGL 2017 exam would be held in 3 tier with each tier acting as an eliminating stage, where candidates scoring below the stipulated cut-off would be eliminated from the further process of recruitment.
- A list of selected candidates would be prepared after completion of all the subsequent rounds.
How to Fill SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017?
Application for SSC CGL 2017 can be made only in online mode. Candidates are required to visit the official website of SSC in order to register themselves. Following steps would guide you in filling SSC CGL Online Application Form:
Registration (Part 1)
- Go to the official website- www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on APPLY link and choose CGL in the new window that pops up.
- Read the Guidelines carefully before going on to make an application.
- Click on the Examination Link and then click on Part 1 registration
- Then fill in the details asked for like Name, address, educational qualification, demographic details etc.
- After filling the details click on submit
- This marks the completion of registration process.
- Candidates would be issued a Registration ID on successful completion of registration process which they are required to note down.
Application (Part 2)
- Click on the link Part II registrations.
- A login window will appear. Log in using your registration ID and password that is Date of Birth
- Fill in the required details asked in the detailed application form.
- Upload your scanned photo and signature.
Uploading Scanned Images
- Next step is to upload the scanned image of photo and signature
- Click on Choose file button before the photo and signature section to upload the photo
- Select the correct image and click on Open
- After successfully uploading the pictures the candidates would be required to pay the application fee to complete the application process.
- Candidates would be required to pay the fee either in online mode or offline mode (through SBI Challan) which is ₹ 100 for general candidates (no application fee is there for SC/ST/Female/PH/Ex-servicemen candidates).
- Click on submit
- The successful submission of application would be notified through a message on the screen.
Details Required in SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017
Candidates have to enter their personal, academic and communication details in the SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017. These required details are mentioned below.
- Personal Details
- Name of Center and code (Preference of candidate)
- Complete postal address
- Preference of post in decreasing order
- Educational Qualification
- Details of work Experience (if any)
Documents Required to Fill SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017
Candidates are advised to keep the documents certifying their educational qualifications and work experience ready at the time of filling the SSC CGL Online Application Form 2017. Following documents shall be kept ready by the candidates:
- Matriculation Marks sheet
- 10+2 Marks sheet
- Mark sheets and Certificates of all semester issues by the university.
- Documents certifying work experience
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Other relevant documents as per the information required.
- Scanned image of passport size photograph
- Scanned image of signature
Scanned image of photograph and signature must be in JPEG format. Given below are the important specifications of the images:
|Photograph||Digital Size- 4 kb to 12 kb|
|Resolution- 100 x 120 pixels|
|Signature||Digital Size- 1 kb to 12 kb|
|Resolution-140 x 60 pixels|
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form Correction
Candidates should be extremely careful while filling up the details in the application form for SSC CGL 2017.
- In case any error occurs even after taking due care then candidates are advised to start the entire procedure of Registration right from part 1 again.
- SSC accepts the application which is filled at last by the candidate.
- Candidates should make sure to note down the registration number (which is also sent to the registered e-mail id) after the completion of Registration Part 1.
- Also, no change in the SSC CGL Application Form will be permitted after submission of the form
- SSC will not announce any date for form correction separately.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
Application fee for SSC CGL can be paid through either online or offline mode. Application would not be considered as finally submitted unless the application fee is paid. The following table will provide you the details of SSC CGL application fee for different categories:
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs)|
|Female (all categories)||Nil|
CHECK DETAILED SSC CGL RESERVATION
Question: Can Application for SSC CGL 2017 be made in offline mode?
Answer: No. Only online mode of application is available. Login to the official website of SSC and then register yourself as a new user. Enter the information in each blank field carefully as no modification will be allowed later.
Question: What is the age criterion for applying?
Answer: Any candidate below the age of 18 years cannot apply for SSC CGL 2017. The maximum age to apply for SSC CGL is 27 years. The maximum can be relaxed as per the category of the candidate.
Question: What are minimum qualification requirements for applying?
Answer: Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized university. The degree program or specification varies with the post applied. Check SSC CGL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for more details.
Question: What are the modes of payment of application fee?
Answer: Application fee can be paid online through debit/credit card or in offline mode through SBI challan. Check the validity of the card before using it for the payment. Avoid making double payment as the fee is non- refundable.
Question: What is the last date to make an application?
Answer: The last date to make an application is June 16, 2017. Any change in the application is acceptable before this date. In case you make mistakes in the application, register again for the exam using different e- mail ID and mobile number.
Question: Is there any way to correct mistakes in online application form for SSC CGL?
Answer: There is no way to correct the mistakes or modify the application after final submission. The entire procedure of registration has to be started again. No change in the SSC CGL Application form is permitted after the last date of submission of the form.