SSC CGL 2017 Notification and Exam Dates
SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 will be conducted from June 19, 2017- July 2, 2017. Application Forms will be available from February 13, 2017 onward and can be applied through ssc.nic.in. The application process comprises of 2 parts- Registration and Application form. Last date of form submission is March 30, 2017.
The exam comprises of 3 tiers. Tier 1 and 2 are computer-based tests whereas Tier 3 is a pen and paper based descriptive test that comprises of Application Writing. This descriptive paper was introduced last year only. All the 3 tiers of SSC CGL 2017 act as successive qualifying tests. After each tier cut-offs are released. On the basis of cut off, candidates are allowed to appear for next phase.
|SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates||SSC CGL Official Notification 2017||SSC CGL Post Wise Cut off 2016|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The SSC CGL 2017 Application Form will be available from February 13, 2017. The Registration Process of SSC CGL is completed in 2 parts. The last date to complete registration is March 30. 2017. The aspiring candidates can go through the tentative schedule of SSC CGL 2017 in the table below:
|SSC CGL 2017 Application Form availability||February 13, 2017|
|Last Date to Register||March 30, 2017|
|Examination Date (SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I)||June 19, 2017- July 2, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Result||First week of August|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||September 5-8, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Result||End of September|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam||November 12, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 result||In last week of January|
|Computer Based/Skill Based Test||December, 2017|
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2017
A number of SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria is applicable to all the candidates applying for the examination. It is mandatory for all the candidates to abide by these criteria. The SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria is inclusive of the nationality, educational qualification, age limit, physical standards etc. A few important eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2017 is discussed below:
- Nationality: The candidate must be:
- a citizen of India OR
- a subject of Nepal OR
- a subject of Bhutan OR
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, to permanently settling in India OR
- A PIO (person of Indian origin) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to permanently settle down in India.
- Age Limit: The candidates should satisfy the age limit criteria applicable to different posts. It differs from post to post. The Commission accepts the DOB mentioned on the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate only. However, there is a relaxation of the age limit criteria for candidates belonging to different categories.
- Educational Qualification: The basic academic eligibility that the candidates have to fulfill is to have a Bachelor’s degree. There are other criteria such as minimum percentage, Curse of graduation that is applicable to different posts.
SSC CGL Application Form 2017
The SSC CGL 2017 Application Form will be available tentatively from February 13, 2017, until March 30, 2017. The process of filling the SSC CGL Application Form is completely online. It comprises of two steps-Online Registration and Online Application Form filling.
The interested candidates can access the SSC CGL 2017 Application Form on the official website of SSC.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
There are three modes in which the applicants can remit the SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee.
- via CRFS (Central Recruitment Fee Stamps)
- Via SBI Bank Challan in Offline mode
- via Debit/ Credit card in online mode.
The SSC CGL Application Fee for different categories is mentioned in the table below.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
The Commission releases the SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card from the official website of SSC. There will be separate admit cards for each Tier of SSC CGL 2017. The SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card for Tier I will be tentatively released in the month of August. The candidates can follow these steps to download the SSC CGL Admit Card.
- Go to the Regional websites of SSC. (Eg: for a candidate of Delhi, visit the official site of SSC Northern Region)
- The applicants can download the SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card by using their Registration ID, By Roll No. or by Name including the candidate’s Date of Birth
- Click on “Search status”.
- The candidates can then download the SSC CGL Admit Card and take a print out of the same.
SSC CGL Exam Centers 2017
The SSC CGL 2017 will be conducted in 120 cities across India. All the SSC CGL Exam Centers are segregated into 9 main regions of the country. The applicants have to fill the choice of their centers in the SSC CGL 2017 Application Form. Nevertheless, the Commission reserves the right to make a decision regarding the final allotment of SSC CGL 2017 Exam Center. Also, if the commission makes any changes regarding the exam centers, the same will be notified on the regional official websites of the SSC and leading newspapers of the regions. The candidates of SSC CGL 2017 will know the final allotted SSC CGL Exam Center in the admit card.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017
The SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern consists of 3 tiers. The aspirants should have an extensive knowledge of the SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern.
The SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 is a computer-based test. However, Tier 3 is a pen and paper based test. The SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 is introduced newly in 2016. Negative marking is applicable in the examination. Each incorrect entry carries a penalty of 0/25 marks. The medium in which the SSC CGL 2017 question paper will be set is Hindi and English.
The most important highlights of the SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern are detailed in this table:
|Tier||Mode of examination||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|I||Computer Based Examination (CBT)||4 sections - General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension; 25 questions per section||50 Marks Per section; Total – 200 Marks||75 Minutes; 100 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|II||CBT||Separate Paper for Quantitative Abilities, English Language & comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics); 100 questions per paper**||Total – 200 Marks Per Paper||2 hours per paper; 2 hours and 40 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|III||Pen and paper mode||A descriptive paper in English/Hindi (Essay/Letter/Application writing)||Total Marks - 100||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
** Note: 1. In the case of SSC CGL 2017, the total number of questions in the General Studies (finance and economics) is announced later.
2. The Quantitative Abilities and English Language & Comprehension sections are obligatory whereas the Statistics paper is only for the candidates applying for the Statistical Investigator Gr. II and Compiler post.
3. The General Studies (Finance and Economics) paper is applicable for the post of Assistant Audit officer.
SSC CGL Result 2017
The SSC CGL 2017 Result is separately released for each of the 3 Tiers. The candidates can access the SSC CGL Result from the official website of SSC. The Commission releases the result in PDF Format. The candidates have to check their result against their Name and roll number.
The individual score card will also be uploaded on the official website. The candidates can avail the same using their Registration no./ Roll no. and date of birth.
Read Here How to Check SSC CGL Result?
SSC CGL Cutoff 2017
After the completion of all 3 tiers, SSC releases a combined cut off for different categories. Candidates can check below previous year cutoff to get an idea about SSC CGL 2017 cut off range.
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
SSC CGL Selection Process 2017
The entire SSC CGL 2017 Selection Process consists of 3 Tiers. Each Tier acts as a qualifying stage for the next Tier. The final shortlisted candidates are gauged on the basis of cumulative performance of all the 3 Tiers.
A tier IV is also available which is a Data Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). The Commission conducts it whenever applicable only for specific posts.
The SSC CGL Selection Process also has a document verification stage where the eligibility of the candidates will be counter checked along with the documents they produce.