SSC CGL 2017 Notification and Exam Dates
Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) is a recruitment exam for the selection of Group B and Group C staff for various department and ministries of Government of India.
SSC CGL 2017 is supposed to be conducted to fill more than 20000+ seats, majorly in Income Tax department.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 is scheduled from August 01 to August 20 and online application form will be made available at ssc.nic.in from May 16, 2017.
Follow this article for all recent updates and instructions to fill SSC CGL 2017 Application Form.
SSC CGL 2017 Quick Synopsis
- Qualification: SSC CGL is a graduate level exam for the aspirants who have graduated before August 1, 2017.
- Age Limit: SSC CGL 2017 Minimum Age Limit is 20 years & Maximum Age Limit is 32 years which varies by posts, Check SSC CGL Age Eligibility
- For Assistant Audit Officer-CA: M.Com or MBA in Finance
- Statistical Investigator Grade II: Bachelor in Statistics, Bachelor in Mathematics, B.Com with Statistics
- Compiler: Bachelors with Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as elective subjects
- All other Posts Graduates
- Selection Process: Exam to be conducted in four tiers: Tier 1- Written Test (Objective MCQs), Tier 2 – Mains (Objective MCQS), Tier 3 – Descriptive Paper in Hindi/English (Offline Mode) and Tier 4 – CPT (Computer Proficieny Test) or DEST (Data Entry Skill Test) wherever applicable
- Examination Scheme: SSC CGL 2017 Tier I is a computer based test comprising 4 sections – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. Check the important highlights of Tier I pattern below:
- Salary: Average In Hand Salary of SSC recruits is 51000 (in hand) + HRA (3600-X City or 1800 Y, Z City)
- SSC CGL 2017 Cut Off: Tentative SSC CGL Cut Off is 140 for GEN, 130 for OBC and 100-110 for other categories
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
The test window for SSC CGL 2017 Tier I is expected to start from August 01 to August 20, 2017. The last date to fill SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is June 16, 2017. The aspiring candidates can go through the tentative schedule of SSC CGL 2017 in the table below:
|Release of SSC CGL 2017 Notification||February 13, 2017|
|Last Date to Register for SSC CGL 2017||March 30, 2017|
|Examination Date (SSC CGL 2017 Tier-I)||August 01 - August 20, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Result||First week of September|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||November 10-11, 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Result||End of November|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam – Descriptive Test in Hindi/English||January 21, 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 result||January 2018|
|SS CGL Tier 4 – Computer Based/Skill Based Test||February 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2017
Candidates appearing for SSC CGL 2017 need to fulfil certain criteria imposed by the commission related to age limit and academic qualification. before they proceed to fill the online form. Candidates can check below the criteria related to nationality, educational qualification, age limit, physical standards, etc.
- Nationality: The candidate must be:
- a citizen of India OR
- a subject of Nepal OR
- a subject of Bhutan OR
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, to permanently settling in India OR
- A PIO (person of Indian origin) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam to permanently settle down in India.
- Age Limit: The candidates should satisfy the age limit criteria applicable to different posts. It differs from post to post. The Commission accepts the DOB mentioned on the Matriculation / Secondary Examination Certificate only. However, there is a relaxation of the age limit criteria for candidates belonging to different categories.
- Educational Qualification: The basic academic eligibility that the candidates have to fulfill is to have a Bachelor’s degree. There are other criteria such as minimum percentage, Curse of graduation that is applicable to different posts.
Read more about SSC CGL Reservation
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is available online on the official site, i.e, ssconline.nic.in. SSC has completely done away with the offline mode to apply for any of the competitive exam. It comprises two steps primarily – Online Registration and Filling Application form.
There are two ways to remit the application fee for SSC GL 2017 – online payment through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking and offline payment via bank challan at designated branches of SBI.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
There are three modes in which the applicants can remit the SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee.
- Via SBI Bank Challan in Offline mode
- Via Debit/ Credit card in online mode.
The SSC CGL Application Fee for different categories is mentioned in the table below.
SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card
The Commission releases separate SSC CGL Admit Card for all the tiers on the official website as well as other regional sites. SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card for Tier I will be tentatively issued online in the month of August. The steps to download admit card are mentioned below for reference.
- Go to the Regional websites of SSC. (Eg: for a candidate of Delhi, visit the official site of SSC Northern Region)
- Applicants can download SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card by using their Registration ID, By Roll No. or by Name including the candidate’s Date of Birth
- Click on “Search status”.
- Candidates can download the admit card after scrutinizing all the details and take a print out of the same.
NOTE: In case of discrepancy in the information mentioned on admit card, candidates need to contact the office of Regional director of the commission to rectify the details.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centers
SSC CGL 2017 will be conducted in 120 cities across India in multiple shifts. All the SSC CGL Exam Centers are further segregated into 9 main regions of the country. Applicants have to fill the preference for their centers in the SSC CGL 2017 Application Form. Nevertheless, the Commission reserves the right to make a decision regarding the final allotment of SSC CGL 2017 Exam Center.
Also, if the commission makes any changes regarding the exam centers, the same will be notified on the regional official websites of the SSC and leading newspapers of the region. The final allotted exam center will be mentioned on SSC CGL 2017 Admit Card issued to candidates.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Exam consists of 3 tiers and aspirants must have an extensive knowledge of SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern.
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 are computer-based tests of objective nature.
- Tier 3 on the other hand is pen and paper based descriptive exam in both English and Hindi.
- Tier 3 and Tier 4 was added last year to replace personal interview conducted earlier for various posts.
- Candidates will awarded 2 marks for the correct response while every incorrect response carries a penalty of 0.5 marks.
- The question paper of SSC CGL 2017 will be set in both English and Hindi.
The most important highlights of the SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern are detailed in this table:
|Tier||Mode of examination||Scheme of Examination||Marks||Time|
|I||Computer Based Examination (CBT)||4 sections - General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension; 25 questions per section||50 Marks Per section; Total – 200 Marks||75 Minutes; 100 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|II||CBT||Separate Paper for Quantitative Abilities, English Language & comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics); 100 questions per paper**||Total – 200 Marks Per Paper||2 hours per paper; 2 hours and 40 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
|III||Pen and paper mode||A descriptive paper in English/Hindi (Essay/Letter/Application writing)||Total Marks - 100||60 Minutes; 80 minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy|
1. In the case of SSC CGL 2017, the total number of questions in the General Studies (finance and economics) is announced later.
2. The Quantitative Abilities and English Language & Comprehension sections are obligatory whereas the Statistics paper is only for the candidates applying for the Statistical Investigator Gr. II and Compiler post.
3. The General Studies (Finance and Economics) paper is applicable for the post of Assistant Audit officer.
SSC CGL 2017 Result
SSC CGL 2017 Result is separately released for each of the 3 tiers. Candidates can access the SSC CGL Result from the official website as well as regional websites. The commission releases the result in the form of merit list. Aspirants have to check the result against their name and roll number.
The individual score card will not be uploaded on the official website. Candidates’ sectional and final score as well as their qualifying status will be reflected in the merit list only.
Steps to check SSC CGL 2017 Result
Candidates can check the result for SSC CGL 2017 Tier I using the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official site of SSC, ssconline.nic.in.
- Click on the link “SSC CGL 2017 Results”
- Download the PDF file for SSC CGL Results
- Press ‘Ctrl + F’ and type your name and roll number
- Check your score and qualifying status
They can use the same steps to check result for other tiers as well.
Read More About SSC CGL 2017 Results
SSC CGL 2017 Cut Off
SSC releases separate cut off lists after completion of each tier and as well as final cut off list based on candidates’ cumulative performance in SSC CGL. SSC releases a combined cut off for different categories. Candidates can check previous year cut off trends to anticipate SSC CGL 2017 Cut Off:
SSC CGL 2017 Selection Process
SSC CGL 2017 Selection Process consists of 3 Tiers – Tier I & Tier II are computer based objective papers while Tier III is pen and paper based descriptive exam. Candidates need to qualify each tier to appear in the subsequent tier. The final selection list is prepared by shortlisting applicants on the basis of their cumulative performance across all 3 Tiers.
A tier IV is also conducted for specific posts that includes Data Skill Test (DEST)/ Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
Candidates also need to undergo a document verification procedure after clearing all the tiers for final appointment. Candidates failiing to fullfil the eligibility criteia are automatically dropped from the final selection list.