SRMJEEE 2017 is an online mode examination scheduled in different slots from April 01 to April 30, 2017. Candidates have to select their desired slot on the official website during SRM Slot Booking. The questions asked in the exam are objective type and will be in English language only.
The candidates have to choose between biology and mathematics as per the stream applied in SRMJEEE. The candidates who opt for PCM subjects have to solve 105 questions in 3 hours while candidates who choose PCB subjects have to solve 120 questions in 3 hours.
There are maximum questions from Current Electricity followed by Heat and Thermodynamics. The most tricky questions are asked from Magnetism and Electrostatics. There are 35 questions in this section with the total weightage of 105 marks.
The chemistry section comprises important 35 MCQs with a weightage of 105 marks. The most important topics with the maximum number of questions are Chemical Kinetics and Chemical Bonding. Proper revision of Inorganic Chemistry- s block elements, p block elements and transition elements is also required to crack the exam.
|Exam Date||April 01 to April 30, 2017|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type questions|
|Marks for Correct Answer||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics- 3 marks|
|Biology- 2.1 marks|
|Negative marking||0.7 mark|
|Total Marks||315 marks|
SRMJEEE 2017 Exam Pattern
SRMJEEE 2017 exam will be conducted in 2 shifts. The candidate has to report in only one shift depending upon the shift allotted to him/her in the SRMJEEE 2017 exam. The shift details are available on the SRMJEEE Admit Card. It is important to carry admit card on the day of the SRMJEEE 2017 exam. SRMJEEE 2017 exam is common for both the Haryana and Tamil Nadu campus.
The SRMJEEE exam 2017 reporting time for the morning shift is 8.00 am and for the afternoon shift is 1.30 pm. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. The candidate must report to the SRMJEEE 2017 exam centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
The subject-wise distribution of marks is given below in the table: -
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
SRMJEEE 2017 Syllabus
Candidates must be through with the SRMJEEE 2017 syllabus as the questions can from any point or topic. The candidate must have an understanding of the basic formulae and their implementation so that they can score good marks.
The number of questions in each section varies with the subject. Check the number of questions written adjacent to the subject name in each of the subjects stated. The SRMJEEE 2017 syllabus is as follows:
Physics (35 questions)
- Units and Measurement
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
Chemistry (35 questions)
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Families–Periodic Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Bio Molecules
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Mathematics Syllabus (35 questions)
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Binomial theorem and its Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Biology Syllabus (50 questions)
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
Read More SRMJEEE Practice Paper
SRMJEEE 2017 Preparation Tips
The candidate has to understand the time management that is required to be done while preparing. To enhance the performance one must check some of the preparation tips for SRMJEEE exam listed below:
- Identify the important topics and work on them regularly: Every part of the syllabus has some important headers which weigh more than the others. The important ones are given below:
- Physics: Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Wave Motion, Work Energy Power, Simple Harmonic Motion and Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism, Physics of Nucleus.
- Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, s-block elements, p-block elements, Transition elements, Redox Reactions, Coordination Compounds and Chemical Equilibrium.
- Mathematics: Vectors, Probability, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, Indefinite Integration, Theory of Equations, Definite integration and Permutations & Combinations.
- Must have complete knowledge of the subject fundamentals: the candidates must practice and be clear about the formulas involved in problem-solving. This requires the candidate to do as much practice as possible. The candidate must work with the mock papers and the previous year papers.
- Work hard on numerical based problem solving: The numerical based problem solving can only be improved by working with wide variety of questions. This comes back again to practice.
- Regular Revision: The candidate has to clear the section SRMJEEE cut off along with the overall percentage. Thus, each section has to be prepared with equal effort.
- Mock Test: The candidate can access the sample papers loaded on the official website. They give a rough idea of the SRMJEEE exam pattern.
- Take some break: To reach the optimum performance frequent breaks are necessary. This is because the mind becomes dull if you keep it busy in one particular task only. Do some activity that you like to do in the break time.
- Self-Assessment: The candidate must evaluate his/her performance by doing a self-check of the answers marked during a mock practice session. This help in identification of the areas of improvement and also time management.
- Maintain good health: Follow some schedule of sleeping, eating and exercising along with the preparation schedule. This improves both the performance and health.
Read More Major Changes in SRMJEEE 2017