SRMCAT 2017 Application Form, Exam Dates
SRMCAT 2017 is the entrance test conducted for admissions to MBA programme of SRM University. Candidate willing to appear for SRMCAT 2017 have to fill the application form online or offline by March 30, 2017. Before filling up the form, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements.
Post meeting the SRMCAT 2017 Eligibility Requirements candidate can apply for SRMCAT 2017. For this he is first required to register and then login with the allotted login id and password. After filling up the form, institute will release SRMCAT 2017 Admit Card which the candidate has to bring at the time of the exam at the test center allotted.
According to the SRMCAT Exam Pattern, candidates will be given 150 minutes to complete the exam. No extra time will be allotted to them in any situation. SRMCAT 2017 exam will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions. There are five sections in total. Each question carrying three marks only. There will be minus one for every wrong answer.
The candidates scoring good in the exam will be called upon for SRMCAT 2017 Counselling for proper document verification after declaration of results to complete the admission procedure.
SRMCAT 2017 Exam Dates
SRMCAT 2017 Registration window is expected to close on March 30, 2017 onwards. The tentative dates regarding SRMCAT 2017 are mentioned in the table below. These may prove to be helpful to the candidate willing to appear for SRMCAT 2017:
|Last Date to fill the application form||March 30, 2017|
|Booking a slot for online exam||March 26-April 5, 2017|
|Online entrance examination||April 23- 24, 2017|
|Release of Merit List||May 1 , 2017|
|Commencement of Counseling Process||May 1, 2017|
SRMCAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
SRMCAT 2017has certain eligibility requirements that a candidate has to meet in any case if he or she is willing to appear in the SRMCAT 2017.
SRMCAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- Candidates willing to apply for MBA course must have done his or her bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidate must have passed his or her bachelor degree with an aggregate of 60%.
- Candidates with a valid score in GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, TANCET or CMAT are also eligible.
- Candidates willing to take admission in integrated MBA course must have passed higher secondary with an aggregate of 60% in SRM university admission 2017.
- Candidates willing to take admission in BBA course must have secured an aggregate 60% in XII standard.
SRMCAT 2017 Registration Process
Candidates willing to appear in SRMCAT 2017 must check whether they are eligible to apply for it or not. After checking that they meet the eligibility criteria, candidates first have to go for SRMCAT 2017 Registration Process. It will then lead to second step which is filling up the application form.
There are 2 ways to register for SRMCAT 2017:
To apply online candidate has to follow the given below simple steps:
- Visit the official website.
- On the right corner of the screen will be an option with the name of exam.
- Click on apply.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- At the new page you will have to fill name, email ID, date of birth, mobile number and Captcha.
- After this click on Proceed.
- A message will appear on your screen stating that you have been successfully registered.
- The screen will contain your login ID and password for that.
- Remember that, it will come to play at the time of filling up the application form.
SRMCAT 2017 also enables their users to register themselves offline. To register offline for SRMCAT 2017, candidates have to fill an OMR application form and send it to the university postal address. They will be provided with the application form for filling and registered successfully.
SRMCAT 2017 Application fee
Cost of the application form is Rs 900/- which can be paid through three modes of payment enabled by the university.
The three modes are given below:
- Online with E-payment: Candidate can pay the exam fee using the prepaid unique voucher code online through the official website.
- Demand draft: A candidate can also pay via demand draft. The candidate has to fill the form online and pay the money by sending a demand draft drawn in favor of SRMIST payable at Chennai.
- Direct: The candidate can also pay directly while buying the application form from any sources worth Rs900/-. The form post filling must be sent to
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur - 603203
Tamil Nadu, India
How to Apply for SRMCAT 2017?
SRMCAT 2017 provides 2 ways to fill the application form online and offline. Candidate can fill the form by any of the two methods suitable to them.6
The steps to fill the SRMCAT 2017 Entrance exam online are given below:
- Visit the official website
- Click on Login.
- Now type the login details and the password allotted at the time of registration.
- Fill your login ID and password
- Click on Login.
- A new page will appear stating the terms and conditions.
- Click on I AGREE and then PROCEED.
- Now is the time to fill the application form.
- In this the candidate have to fill his personal details like name, gender, community, DOB, mobile number, mail ID, father’s name and permanent address.
- Now comes the educational details.
- Fill the details of the course applied for and UG details.
- Finally enter the details of the qualified competitive exam.
- Click on SAVE and CONTINUE
- The application process in now complete.
The steps to fill the application form offline are given below:
- After obtaining the application form from any of the university campus, candidate has to fill up the form with accurate details.
- After filling up the application form, candidate is required to post the form at the below given address:
SRM University, SRM Nagar
Kattankulathur - 603203
SRMCAT 2017 Admit Card
SRMCAT 2017 Admit card will be released by the institute online itself. After releasing the Admit Card, candidates will have enough time to download it before the commencement of the exam.
Only those candidates will be issued the hall tickets whose application forms were received by the institute before the last date and filled properly.
SRMCAT 2017 hall ticket will contain the following information:
- Address of the candidate
- Address of the test centre
- Test schedule
The SRMCAT 2017 hall ticket will be sent to all the candidates whose application forms were received.
In case the candidate does not receive his hall ticket 10 days before the scheduled examination, he can download it from the official website.
To download the SRMCAT 2017 admit card, candidate is required to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in/admissions
- Fill your log in details.
- Download it and take at least two print outs of it.
SRMCAT 2017 Exam Centers
SRMCAT 2017 exam will be held at the given centers. Candidate is required to fill the test center of his or her preference in the application form. The test centers along with their centre code are given below:
|State||Test centre||Centre code|
|New Delhi||New Delhi||155|
SRMCAT 2017 Exam Pattern
Candidates will be given 150 minutes to complete the exam. No extra time will be allotted to them in any situation. SRMCAT 2017 exam will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions. There are five sections in total. Each question carrying three marks only. There will be minus one for every wrong answer.
SRMCAT 2017 exam pattern highlights are given below. These may prove helpful to the candidates willing to appear for the test.
|Duration of the exam||150 minutes|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Total number of sections||5|
|Name of the Section||Data interpretation Quantitative Reasoning English GK/ CA/ BA|
|Marks given per correct answer||+3|
|Marks given per incorrect answer||-1|
|Questions per section||20|
SRMCAT 2017 Syllabus
SRMCAT 2017 consists of a total of five sections. The whole question paper is prepared from these 5 topics.
The SRMCAT 2017 syllabus subject wise is given below:
- Data interpretation: the main topics covered under this section are:
- Interpreting on text
- Interpreting on bar graphs
- Interpreting on column graphs
- Interpreting on line charts
- Interpreting on pie charts
- Interpreting on graphs representing areas
- Interpreting on venn diagrams.
- Quantitative: the main topics covered under this section are:
- Ratios and proportion
- In equations
- Profit and loss
- Work and time
- Permutations and combinations
- Reasoning: the main topics covered under this section are:
- Critical reasoning
- Visual reasoning
- Assertions and reasons
- Statements and assumptions
- Identifying valid inferences
- Strong and weak arguments
- Cause and effect
- Identifying true and false
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements’
- Family tree
- Symbol based problems
- Coding decoding
- Identifying whose next.
- English: the main topics covered under this section are:
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal reasoning
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Sentence correction
- Sentence completion
- Odd man out
- One word substitution
- Different usage of same word
- GK/ CA/ BA: the main topics covered under this section are:
- Current affairs
- Punch lines
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous awards and prizes
- International organizations
- Social issues
SRMCAT 2017 Results
SRMCAT 2017 result is scheduled to be declared in the month of June. Candidates who appeared in the SRMCAT 2017 test can check their result can follow some simple steps.
To check SRMCAT 2017 Result, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the results tab.
- A new page will be displayed.
- Type your roll number and see your result.
SRMCAT 2017 Counseling Process
SRMCAT 2017 Counseling is done after the results are out. The candidates meeting the cut offs are eligible for the counseling. Some of the important dates regarding SRMCAT 2017 counseling are given below:
Some of the important things about SRMCAT 2017 counseling are mentioned below:
- Candidates must bring along with them the documents required. Otherwise they won’t be allowed to attend the counseling.
- The documents produced must be authentic.
- Candidate failing to produce the documents will not be allowed to participate in the counseling.
- Candidate must be sure of which programme to join and in which branch. Choice once made will be final.
- After the branch allotment to the candidate, he is required to submit all the documents and the tuition fee in form of DD.
Documents required at the time of counseling are given below
- Counseling call letter or the Provisional allotment letter.
- SRMCAT - 2017 admit card or Hall Ticket.
- High school (Class X) marks sheet.
- Marks sheet / consolidated mark statement of the qualifying examination.
- Original degree / provisional certificate.
- Eligibility certificate issued by SRM University
- Community certificate (issued by the competent authority).
- Work experience certificate wherever relevant.
- DEMAND DRAFT for full tuition fee depending on the program.