SNAP 2017 Application form and Exam dates
SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) 2017 is a national level management entrance exam, conducted by SIU (Symbiosis International University) for admission in 15 Symbiosis Institutes. It is being conducted every year.
- SIU is most likely to release the application form of SNAP exam 2017 from third week of August.
- SNAP application form 2017 will be available only in online mode.
- It is a pen paper based test for 2 hours having 150 questions from 4 sections.
- Four sections namely – Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Awareness.
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks.
- Result will be published in form of Scorecards at snaptest.org in the month of January.
- Candidates will be shortlisted as per SNAP 2017 Cut off.
- Cut off is the minimum marks required by candidates to get selected for next level of selection process.
Candidate need to register for SNAP exam 2017 and also register for the institutes offering their choice of program by paying separate program registration fees. If shortlisted, they would be then need to attend the GE-PIWAT process conducted by each of these institutes individually.
SNAP 2017 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Number of Questions||150 Questions|
|Sections||Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and General Awareness|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
SNAP 2017 Exam Dates
The table below shows the tentative schedule for SNAP exam 2017. Candidates can apply on the official website.
|SNAP 2017||Important Dates|
|SNAP Test Registration||3rd week of August|
|SNAP Last Date of Registration||3rd week of November|
|SNAP Last Date for Fee Payment||4th week of November|
|SNAP Admit Card Availability||1st week of December|
|SNAP 2017 Exam Date||3rd week of December|
|SNAP 2017 Result||2nd week of January|
|SNAP 2017 Shortlisting of Candidates for GE, PI & WAT||3rd week of January, 2018|
|General Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI) & Writing Ability Test (WAT)||1st week of February, 2018|
|SNAP 2017 Final Merit List||4th week of February, 2018|
SNAP 2017 Application Process
SIU will release SNAP registration form online. Applicants will have to follow the steps given below while registering and paying the application fee for SNAP exam 2017. Before the candidates start with the application form, they must make sure to that they have the following things –
- A valid Email ID.
- A valid Mobile Number.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s latest passport size photograph.
- Details of the candidate’s personal and academic profile.
- Details of the Credit/Debit or Internet Banking.
SNAP 2017 Application Form
Applicants will have to follow the steps given below while registering and paying the application fee for SNAP exam 2017.
Candidates will have to visit the official website and click on “Register” button. Aspirants will have to fill up their personal, educational, and other details in the space provided in SNAP 2017 Application Form. Candidates should ensure that the information filled is accurate.
Upload your photograph:
Candidates will have to upload their latest scanned coloured passport size photo.
Application form for SNAP is available at the Symbiosis International University (SIU) official website. The step-wise procedure to complete SNAP application is explained in the flow chart given below:
SNAP 2017 Application Fee
Aspirants must pay a non-refundable exam fee of INR 1500. The mode of application fee payment is through Credit Card, Net Banking, Cash and Demand Draft. The detailed process of SNAP exam 2017 application fee is given below:
- Candidate is required to pay the Registration Fee/Application Fee of INR 1500.
- It can be paid either through the online mode or through the offline mode also.
- Candidate can pay his fee by Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking.
- It can be paid in cash also through the Bank Challan. It should be paid through the Axis Bank or Indian Bank.
- Candidate can also pay this Registration Fee/ Application Fee through Demand Draft also. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the following address of the Symbiosis University – “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- After filling the Application Form the candidate should take the print of the Application form and send it to the following address –
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele fax: 020-39116228
SNAP 2017 Application for Foreign Candidates
SNAP 2017 is also open to Foreign Candidates. However, the registration and admission process for International candidates are different than the regular procedure. SIU prepares a central Merit List for all the registered candidates. The merit list finalises the admission of the candidate. The Registration and Admission Steps for an International Candidate include Application Form filling, Document Verification and Generation of SNAP Merit List.
SNAP 2017 Admit Card
Admit card of SNAP exam 2017 is expected to be released in the first week of December. SNAP 2017 admit card will be available in online mode and will not be sent to the candidates by post. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website by using the SNAP ID and password created during registration.
The steps to download SNAP 2017 Admit Card are indicated in the flowchart given below:
Admit card of SNAP 2017 will have applicants’ details, photograph, test venue and exam timing, along with other test day instructions. Candidates must carry their admit card with them at SNAP exam center as, without it, they won’t be allowed to appear for SNAP 2017. They also have to carry a valid photo id along with the admit card on the day of the exam.
SNAP 2017 Exam Pattern
SNAP exam is expected to be held on third Sunday of December, i.e. December 17, 2017. It is a paper-pen based test of 120 minutes duration carrying 150 objective type multiple choice questions.SNAP 2017 exam is divided into four sections – General English, Quantitative Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- The question paper will contain total 150 objective type questions.
- Each question will contain four optional answers, candidates have to choose the right answer.
- Each correct response will carry 1 mark.
- Each incorrect response will lead to 25% negative marks.
- The exam duration will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Candidates note down use only blue or black ball point pen to answer.
Each question carries one mark. There is a negative marking for each wrong answer, which will result in a deduction of 25 per cent of the allotted marks. All questions will be objective in nature and will have four options to choose from. The section-wise distribution of marks is explained in thetable below.
Read More SNAP 2017 Exam Pattern
SNAP 2017 Eligibility Criteria
As mentioned in this article, the candidates must fulfill each eligibility criteria to avoid cancellation of their candidature. A list of terms and conditions of eligibility criteria is provided below –
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institute/ university with at least 50 per cent aggregate marks.
Candidate belonging to SC/ ST category should have a minimum of 45 per cent aggregate marks at the graduation level.
All foreign degrees/ qualifications should be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any program of SIU.
Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for SNAP exam 2017. However, they must complete their degree with requisite aggregate percentage or equivalent CGPA at the time of admission.
SNAP 2017 Reservation
There is reservation of seats for the reserved category of the candidates. The certain percentage of the total available seats is reserved for them. Check below for the distribution of seats category wise-
|Category of Reservation||Seat Percent|
If there are more seats available then some seats are reserved for the Kashmiri migrants and International candidates. There is reservation of 2 seats per management programme for the Kashmiri migrants. For International candidates 15% of seats are reserved.
Read More SNAP 2017 Eligibility
SNAP 2017 Result
SNAP Result 2017 is expected to be declared in the second week of January, 2018. Candidates will be able to check their section wise, scaled scores secured in SNAP Result 2017. Based on the SNAP 2017 result, the participating institutes of SIU will announce a shortlist of candidates. The selected candidates will have to attend GE-PI and WAT process. Candidates can follow these simple steps to check SNAP result 2017-
Candidates can visit the official website OR Click on the link given below
Aspirants can login through their credentials – SNAP user id and password
Click on the ‘login’ button
Candidates can take a print out or download SNAP 2017 result cum score card
Aspirants must keep the copy of SNAP result for future use
After result declaration, candidates will be shortlisted for group exercise, personal interaction and writing ability test on the basis of SNAP Score. The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
|Writing Ability Test||10|
|SNAP score (scaled down)||50|
Read More SNAP 2017 Result
SNAP 2017 Selection Process
The process of selection in SNAP exam is a 3 step procedure. SNAP is held every year for admissions into PG management programmes of Symbiosis International University and its participating institutes. Selection Procedure consists of three main steps
- SNAP Exam 2017
- SNAP PI-WAT
- Admission to preferred Institute/B-School
According to SNAP Selection procedure, candidates must take up SNAP entrance exam and obtain scores that are required for further admission rounds.Those candidates who are shortlisted will only be eligible to participate in the selection process of SNAP. Selection Procedure for PI-WAT are:
- Shortlisted status can be checked by the students under the program.
- The selection of the slots will be done on the basis of first come first book basis.
- Candidate will be allowed to attend one PI-WAT round in the programme they have applied for.
Once the selection process is over a final Merit list is announced, declaring the names of selected candidates for admission in the management programmes in various campuses.
Read More SNAP 2017 Selection Process
SNAP 2017 Cut Off
Cut off for SNAP 2017 is likely to be released after the declaration of result, which is scheduled in the second week of January 2018. Once the result of SNAP 2017 is announced, the participating institutes will release their individual SNAP 2017 cut offs for admission to various management programs.
Factors determining the SNAP Cut off 2017
- Number of candidates' appearing for SNAP
- Number of candidates' passing the SNAP exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Number of seats available
The table below explains the cut off trend for the Top SNAP Colleges. SNAP Cut off of the upcoming exam is expected to follow the same trend as previous years. A score of 98% or above should make it easy for the candidate to get admission into their desired college and the remaining 1% helps to make it to the desired Management Stream. The graph below charts the expected cut off trend for institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University.