SBI PO Result 2017 for the preliminary stage was announced on May 16, 2017. It has been declared a day in advance of the scheduled date. SBI PO Result 2017 for Prelims can be checked in online mode only. You must download SBI PO Call Letter before June 4, 2017. Nearly 30 lakh candidates applied for SBI PO this year, while only 2403 candidates will be recruited as Probationary Officers (PO).
Here’s how you can check your SBI PO Result:
- Visit the official website of SBI PO i.e. sbi.co.in.
- Enter your roll number or registration number and date of birth.
- Your section-wise and total marks will be displayed.
- Scores in all the sections will be normalized by the equi-percentile method.
The competent authority has also declared SBI PO Cut off for Prelims with the result. For General category, the overall cutoff is 51.50, while for candidates from reserved category, SBI PO Cut off ranges between 31.25- 43.25. Candidates who clear the written exam and also secure the cut off marks will sit for the Mains stage on June 4, 2017. Further, the shortlisted candidates will appear in Group Discussion and Interview rounds in July 2017. The final result of SBI PO 2017 will come out in August, declaring names of selected candidates.
SBI PO 2017 Result Dates
Here are all the essential dates relating to SBI PO Result. Candidates must not miss out on any of these.
|SBI PO Event||Date|
|SBI PO 2017 Exam Date (Prelims)||April 29 & 30, 2017 and May 06 & 07, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Result Date (Prelims)||May 17, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Exam Date (Mains)||June 04, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Result Date (Mains)||June 19, 2017|
|Date for SBI PO 2017 Group Exercises and Interview ||July 10, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Result Date (Final)||Aug 05, 2017|
How to Check SBI PO Result?
A candidate needs to follow certain steps to download SBI PO 2017 Result. Mentioned below is the step-wise process to check your result for SBI PO:
- Visit the official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in
- Click on the link provided on the website for checking ‘SBI PO 2017 Result’
- A new tab will open asking for your particulars
- The following screenshot shows the proforma of SBI PO Pre exam result
- Enter your Roll no. and Date of birth in the correct format i.e. DD/MM/YY format
- In case a candidate has forgotten his SBI PO 2017 Roll no., he can fill the registration no and date of birth to generate SBI PO Result
- Enter the content of the image shown on the page in the provided space correctly
- Click on the submit button
- SBI PO 2017 Result will be generated in the next tab
SBI PO Pre result score card is shown below:
Successfully selected candidates will be able to download their call letters. Candidates may contact Assistant General Manager of the circle allotted to them, the contact details would be mentioned in the letter. Given below is the picture of ‘Letter for successful candidates’-
Candidates can check their SBI PO 2017 Phase III marks by logging on the SBI website. Click on the ‘Marks secured by candidates’ link to get the marks. Login with the roll number and DOB to check marks secured in SBI PO Phase III (Group Discussion and Interview).
SBI PO 2017 Answer Key
- Answer Key for SBI PO 2017 is released both officially and unofficially. Many private institutes release SBI PO 2017 Answer key which are considered as unofficial while the one released by State Bank of India only is considered as Official SBI PO 2017 Answer key.
- SBI releases official SBI PO Answer key online just after a few days after SBI PO exam date.
- SBI PO 2017 Answer Key helps the candidate to calculate and estimate the score that can help the candidates to know if they will move ahead to the next stage of SBI PO Selection Process.
- Candidates should check answers of their question booklet code-wise, as SBI releases Answer Key for each set or code for both morning and evening shifts.
How to download SBI PO Answer Key?
A candidate needs to follow certain steps in order to get hold of SBI PO Answer Key. Answer key is declared soon after the conduct of exam and it varies according to the shifts. Mentioned below is the step-wise procedure to download the official SBI PO Answer Key:
- Go to the official website of SBI PO i.e. sbi.co.in
- Navigate to ‘SBI PO 2017 Exam Answer Key’ tab
- Direct link is given on the website to download the Official SBI PO 2017 Answer Key
- Click on the link provided to download the SBI PO Answer Key
- Choose the session of SBI PO 2017 Examination in which the candidate appeared
- A pdf file is generated having the Answer Key for selected session exam
- Save or download the generated pdf file of SBI PO 2017 Online Answer Key
- Take the print-out of SBI PO Answer Key for future reference
Stages of SBI PO Result
There are primarily 3 stages in SBI PO selection process. However, SBI PO Result comes out four times, each time after a stage completes. The stages of SBI PO Results include:
- A candidate must first appear for SBI PO Preliminary Examination. Only the candidates who qualify this stage by securing the desired SBI PO Cutoff will appear in the next step of the SBI PO 2017 Selection Process.
- However, marks secured by a candidate in SBI PO Preliminary Exam are not added in the SBI PO 2017 Final Result.
- The next stage is SBI PO 2017 Mains Examination. The exam consists of three papers of subjects English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The paper is of 200 marks in total. Candidates who secure the qualifying marks in Mains Exam, proceed towards GD/PI rounds.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- In GD/PI, a candidate is first made to sit in a group discussion round and all the selected candidates then sit for a personal interview round. Marks are given for his performance in both the rounds.
SBI PO Final Result
- The final SBI PO Result is calculated through normalization process, using the marks in Mains and GD/PI.
- While preparing the final result, marks of Prelims stage are not considered.
- Post this process, SBI PO Final Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in SBI PO Mains, GD and PI. SBI then releases a letter for successful candidates. Candidates can download their letters by following the given steps:
- Visit the official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in
- Go to ‘careers’ tab
- Then click on ‘Join SBI’
- Select ‘Current Openings’
- Search the Notification- ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India’
- Click on ‘Letter for successful candidates’
- A new window will open, enter Roll Number, Date of Birth and Captcha
How is SBI PO Score Calculated?
- While calculating the scores in SBI PO 2017, a different method applies to each stage viz. Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- A candidate needs to qualify both in all these stages separately.
Here is how SBI Score in each stage is calculated:
- The total marks for this stage are 100.
- For each correct answer, one mark is allotted.
- In case of wrong attempts, 0.25% marks will be deducted from total marks scored.
Total marks obtained by candidates in SBI PO prelims = Marks in English Language out of 30 + marks in Quantitative Aptitude out of 35 + marks in Reasoning Ability section out of 35.
- There are two papers under this stage- Objective and Descriptive.
- The objective exam is of 250 marks in total, out of which average is calculated of the marks secured by the candidate.
- The descriptive test is of 50 marks.
- As for the marking scheme in SBI PO Mains, there will be negative marking of one-fourth marks out of allotted marks to a question, in case of wrong attempts.
SBI PO Mains result = Marks in Reasoning & Computer Aptitude out of 60 + Marks in Data Analysis & Interpretation out of 60+ Marks in General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness out of 40 + Marks in English Language out of 40
Total Marks to appear for Interview = Marks in objective test out of 200 + marks in descriptive test of out of 50
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview are worth of 50 marks and the average marks are calculated after that of the score secured by the candidate.
- The GD round accounts for 20 marks, while PI accounts for 30 marks.
- The SBI PO 2017 Final Merit List is derived after aggregating converted marks of written test and group discussion, interview out of 100 for each category. The selection is made out of the top merit rankers of each category.
- The final result is calculated through normalization process. Here’s how scores are normalized in SBI PO:
Total Marks secured by candidates (out of normalized marks 100) in SBI PO = Marks of Mains examination (normalized to 75 marks) + Marks of GD and PI (normalized to 25 marks)
SBI PO Cut Off 2017
SBI PO Cutoff 2017 for Prelims- Section-wise
|Section||Maximum Marks||General||Reserved Categories (OBC/SC/ST/VI/OH/HI)|
SBI PO Cutoff 2017 for Prelims - Overall and Category -wise
|Category||Overall Cutoff marks (out of 100)|
|Other Backward Classes||48.25|
Expected SBI PO Cut off 2017 for Mains (Objective Test Paper)
|Section||Max. Marks ||SC /ST/ OBC/OH/VI/HI||SC/ST/OBC||General|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||6||10||9||13|
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge||40||10||10||13||14|
|Total Cut Off||200||60||70||70||80|
Expected SBI PO Cut off 2017 for Mains- Descriptive and Interview
|Description & interview||Max. Marks||SC||ST||OBC||GEN||OH||VI||HI|
|Minimum marks to be secured for GD & Interview||250||78||78.75||87.25||90||82.75||79.5||79.25|
|GD + Interview||50||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
Category-wise SBI PO Final cutoff 2017
|Category||Cut off marks (Out of 100)|
SBI PO Result FAQs
Ques. Who announces SBI PO Result?
Ans. The result for SBI PO 2017 will be announced by Central Recruitment and Promotion Department of State Bank of India.
Ques. How can I access my SBI PO Result online?
Ans. You will be required to enter your roll number/ registration number and password/ date of birth.
Ques. I have forgotten my password. How can I retrieve it?
Ans. Upon successful registration, your password is shared on your registered email id. You may go back to your mail and retrieve it.
Ques. The login window says ‘Invalid Entry’. What can I do?
Ans. This message appears if you enter incorrect credentials. Make sure the details you are entering are correct and matching to your previous records.
Ques. When does SBI Score Card come out?
Ans. The score card is released on the result date only. It displays the aggregate and sectional marks you secured.
Ques. When does the cutoff come out?
Ans. SBI releases the cutoff after each stage is completed. It is declared along with SBI result only. SBI PO Cutoff is different for different subjects and categories.
Ques. Who should I contact in case of any queries?
Ans. In case of queries/ questions, you may contact the SBI Helpline at:
Telephone : 022 – 2282 0427
Fax: 022 – 2282 0411
Ques. How much marks do GD & PI stage account for?
Ans. The GD round accounts for 20 marks, while PI accounts for 30 marks.