How to Apply for SBI PO 2018?
State Bank of India is expected to release the official notification for recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO) in March 2018. Candidates can obtain SBI PO Application Form from its official website i.e. sbi.co.in. As per SBI PO Eligibility, only Indian Nationals who hold a Bachelor’s Degree can apply for the exam.
Filling up of SBI PO Application Form comprises 5 main steps:
- Online Registration- You have to enter your name, mobile number and email id at the official website to register yourself.
- Uploading of Photograph & Signature- Upload your recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Form Filling- Enter your personal and academic details.
- Payment of Application Fee- Pay the requisite application fee through any online method. Fees for the General category and OBC is INR 600 and for SC/ST, it’s INR 100.
- Confirmation- After successful payment of the fee, you will get a confirmation email, saying your application form is accepted.
The Prelims rounds of SBI PO will be held in April 2018, while SBI PO Mains will be held in June. All selected candidates will proceed towards the GD/PI round that will be held in July 2018.
Highlights for SBI PO Application Form
|Availability of SBI PO 2018 Application Form ||March 2018|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of fee payment||Online|
|Documents required at the time of form filling||Scanned photograph and signature, Educational Qualifications, Identity proof and Reserved Category certificate|
|Application fee||General/ OBC- INR 600|
SC/ST- INR 100
|Candidates expected to register for SBI PO 2018||30 lakh|
|Contact details||022-22820427 or email@example.com|
SBI PO 2018 Registration Dates
Here is a tentative schedule of SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates. Candidates must take note of all of these.
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Notification||March 2018|
|Availability of SBI PO 2018 Application Form||March 2018|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||March 2018|
|Release of SBI PO 2018 Admit Card (Prelims)||April 15, 2018- May 07, 2018|
How to Apply for SBI PO 2018?
- The application form of SBI PO will be available in March 2018, post release of the official notification.
- SBI PO Registrations can be done online by visiting the official website of SBI i.e. sbi.co.in. .
- There are certain pre-requisites for filling SBI PO Application Form. Candidates are required to keep some documents and information handy to avoid any last minute hassles. These are the things that he will need before filling SBI PO Application Form:
- Scan the passport size photograph and signature ensuring that both adhere to the required specifications.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
- Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of the Common Recruitment Process
- Valid Phone/ Mobile number.
- Scan all academic documents
How to Fill SBI PO 2018 Application Form?
SBI PO Application Process contain 5 main stages. The steps are explained below:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidates must visit sbi.co.in and click on the current openings for SBI PO 2018.
- The following screen will be shown. Click on Apply Online.
- Click on “New Registration” tab to complete the Registration Process.
- The following message popup will be displayed for the information. Click Continue to complete SBI PO 2018 Registration Process
- SBI PO Application Form will get open. Enter the below details:
- Name: Enter your full name properly (includes First name, Middle name and Last name). If candidates don’t have any Middle name then they can ignore that option. Name entered should be same as that of the given ID proof that you will show during the time of the examination as well as Interview.
- Mobile Number: Mobile number should remain the same till the entire procedure. No changes in the mobile number will be accepted later. No need to prefix 0.
- E- Mail ID: Enter your E- mail IDs correctly to get notifications regarding any update related to SBI PO examination or application procedure.
- After completing the registration, enter the security code and proceed.
- Again, the following popup message will be displayed.
- Press OK to proceed fill SBI PO Application Form.
Check SBI PO Eligibility
Step 2: Upload Photograph & Signature
- Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in SBI PO 2018 application form.
- Both, the photograph and signature have to be uploaded with the proper specifications.
- The specifications for Photograph and Signature is provided in the table below:
|Photograph||JPEG/ JPG format|
|Dimensions- 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|File Size- 20 Kb – 50 Kb|
|Pixels- 200 x 230|
|Signature||JPEG/ JPG format|
|White sheet using Black Ink pen|
|File Size- 10 Kb – 20 Kb|
|Dimensions- 140 x 60 Pixels|
- The following window will open where you must upload the files.
Note: Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share mention e-mail ID to/ of any other person.
Step 3: SBI PO Application Form Filling
After uploading the images, enter the Basic details and Qualification/ Languages known. You will be required to enter the below information:
- Category: Enter your category with its correct code. Any change in this will not be allowed later. Refer to the below table for category codes:
|Category name||Category code|
- Religion: Enter the religion you belong to.
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens can apply for recruitment of Probationary Officers.
- Examination Centre: Enter your choice of examination centre from where you wish to appear for the exam. Check SBI PO Exam Center
- Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth as recorded in matriculation/secondary education certificates.
- Gender: Both male and female can apply for the post.
- Parents name: Enter name of your mother, father/husband. While, entering their names candidates should not prefix shri, Mr, Mrs, Dr etc.
- Aadhaar No: Enter your 12 digit Unique Identification Number at the time of filling application form. Recently, SBI has issued notification mentioning that the bank proposes to introduce the scheme of verifying the identity of candidates applying for all its recruitment processes through Aadhaar card.
- Address for correspondence and permanent address: Enter correct address of communication.
- Qualification/Professional Experience: Enter details of exam passed i.e graduation and post graduation, degree/subject/stream, name of institution/college, date of passing and percentage of marks. Candidates should also fill their professional experience.
- Language details: Enter three languages which you can read, write and speak.
- Educational qualification should be filled correctly (as on 1.07.2018)
- The date of passing eligibility examination should be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute.
- Those who are in final year/ semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that if they will be called for an interview, they must have cleared their Graduation before 1.07.2018
- Fractional percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e 59.99 will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Fill the degree, name of the institution, place of the institution, date of passing, the percentage of marks and grade. Candidates have to choose the best possible option available.
- ‘Other details option’ is also provided for the reserved classes if they are interested in participating for the Pre- exam training. This section is optional.
- After submitting all the details, preview option will appear where candidates can recheck the information provided by them and they can change/edit any incorrect information.
Download SBI PO Admit Card
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
After verifying all details and ensuring that they are accurate, candidate must proceed with the application fee payment.
- The fee can be paid using any of the online options, such as debit card, credit card or net banking.
- Fees for the General category and OBC is INR 600 and for SC/ST, it’s INR 100.
- Once the fee has been paid successfully, a receipt will be generated.
- Candidate must save a copy of this receipt as proof of fee payment.
- Complete the SBI PO Application Fee and keep the screenshot for the payment of application fee for the safer way.
Step 5: Confirmation
- The completed SBI PO application form indicating the successful status of fee payment will be made available to the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to take its printout for the future use.
- If the candidate is not able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered.
- When the entered data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The same will be sent via an email and SMS.
- Candidates should note down the SBI PO registration number and password.
- They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars if needed.
- This facility is available only for 3 times.
- Once the SBI PO application form is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. SBI PO registration at this stage is provisional.
How to Retrieve SBI PO 2018 Password?
- Candidates can log in with registration number and password to complete SBI PO Application Form.
- In case a candidate has forgotten his password/ registration number, he can login by revisiting the email that was received on his email.
- The steps to retrieve your password are given below:
- Visit SBI official website at sbi.co.in
- Move to ‘Careers’ tab
- Click on ‘Apply Online for SBI PO 2017’
- Search for “Forgot password?” and click on it
- Enter your registered email id
- A mail will be sent to this ID containing registration number and new password
- Set the password accordingly.