SBI PO Application Form 2017
SBI PO Application Form 2017 for State Bank of India: Probationary Officers (SBI PO), was released on February 7, 2017. Last date to apply for SBI PO was March 6, 2017. Registration and application process for the SBI PO can only be in online mode but application fees can me made online as well as offline.
Filling of the application form is the first step for appearing in the SBI PO (Preliminary and Mains) and every useful information regarding the application process is given in this article.
Few key points related to SBI PO Application Form:
- Procedure to complete the application process is:
1. Online registration
2. Uploading of photograph and signature
3. Application form filling
4. Payment of application fee
5. Printing confirmation receipt
- Norms are based on the aspirants' education qualification, age limit (21-30 years), credit score and conduct. The candidate must be an Indian national.
- If a candidate is found ineligible for the exam, he will be disqualified from SBI PO recruitment process.
Check SBI PO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- New Registration: Candidates have to register on the official website by filling the personal details and unique ID proof number.
- The next step that follows is filling all the personal, contact, category and academic details asked in the SBI PO application form.
- Application fee can be paid online or offline. Detailed process for the same is given in this article. Application fee is non- refundable. For General/OBC category, it is INR 600 and for other reserved categories, it is INR 100.
- Once the form is submitted, no further changes can be made.
- After the application procedure, SBI PO Admit Card for Prelims can be downloaded from the official website of SBI till May 7, 2017.
*Keep scanned images of your passport size photo, your signature and Reserved Category Certificate (if applicable) to complete the application form.
Important Highlights for SBI PO
|SBI PO application form available from||February 7, 2017- March 6, 2017|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of payment||Both Online and Offline|
|Last date to take printout of application form||March 21, 2017|
|Documents required at the time of form filling||Scanned photograph and signature, Educational Qualifications, Identity proof (for the purpose of filling your name) and Reserved Category certificate|
|Application Fee||INR 600 for General and OBCs|
INR 100 for SC/ST from Feb 7- March 6, 2017
| Contact Details||022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Eligibility Criteria for SBI PO
SBI PO Eligibility 2017 norms are based on the aspirants’ education qualification, age limit, credit score and conduct. All candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying online for SBI PO exam:
A graduate (degree) is the minimum education qualification required for the SBI PO exam 2017
Final Year/Semester students can also apply provided they produce a proof of having passed the graduation examination
Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant (CA)
Candidates age should be 21 to 30 years as per the SBI PO Online registration advertisement. As per government rules, the age relaxation for candidates belonging to the following categories is:
- SC/ST/people affected by 1984 riots/ Kashmiri Migrants/ EXs - 5 years
- OBC - 3 years
- PWD - 10 years
The nationality of a candidate applying for SBI PO must be Indian.
The total number of vacancies for the post of SBI PO is 2400 and some seats are reserved for the backwards. The details regarding the SBI PO 2017 vacancies are provided in the table below:
|Backlog vacancy for SC||47|
|Backlog vacancy for ST||200|
|Backlog Vacancy for OBC||66|
|PWD||OH- 25 (Orthopedically Handicapped)|
VI- 25 (Visually Impaired)
HI- 40 (Hearing Impaired)
Instructions for SBI PO Application Form
- Candidates should have a valid E-mail address and it should be kept active till the declaration of the final result.
- Candidates must have scanned photograph and signature as per the specific dimensions are given in the official SBI PO notification. The signature and photograph should be clear otherwise, the form will get rejected.
- Name filled in the application form should be in accordance with the name mentioned on your ID proof( ID proof will be required at the time of Examination and Interview)
- Candidate should have basic data like address, mobile number, education qualification and other important personal details, the same need to be entered while filling the SBI PO online application form.
- Make sure to check the all entered information should be accurate.
- Payment should be made correctly else the Application form will not be counted suitable for the further procedure. Offline payment can be made through SBI challan. Payment made through Demand Draft (DD) won’t be accepted.
- Signature in capital letters will not be accepted.
- Under no circumstances, a candidate should share mention e-mail ID to/ of any other person.
- Candidates should note down the SBI PO registration number and password. They can reopen the saved data using registration number and password and can edit the particulars if needed.
- This facility is available only for 3 times. Once the SBI PO application form is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. SBI PO registration at this stage is provisional.
- ‘ * ‘ Against any option means mandatory and filling that information is a must.
How to Apply for SBI PO Application Form
The entire application procedure consists of the following steps:
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
- SBI PO Application Form Filling
- Fee Payment
Step 1: Registration
Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below to register themselves for SBI PO 2017.
- Visit the official website i.e www.sbi.co.in
- Click for New registration option ( written in yellow box)
- You can also click on the ‘How to Apply’ option provided in the Reference Documents to check the registration process.
Disclaimer: Application form can be rejected if found ineligible at any point of time. The following message popup will be displayed for the information:
- Candidates must fulfil eligibility Criteria which is mentioned above
- Online payment can only be made through: Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash cards and Mobile Wallets.
- The online registration process will only be completed after the submission of the application fees. Application fees can be submitted online as well as offline.
- If any Candidate wants to pay the SBI PO application fee through offline mode, then they can pay the application fee through bank challan. They can submit the fee by submitting SBI Challan.
- SBI (conducting Authority) can also allot any centre as per their convenience other than he/she has opted for.
- After reading all the information, candidates can press the continue button
SBI PO Registration Form will open and Candidates must enter the required details: (Basic Information)
- Mobile numbers and Email Ids will be the only way to provide information to candidates regarding any update, so fill registration details carefully.
- Enter your full name properly (includes First name, Middle name and Last name). If candidates don’t have any Middle name then they can ignore that option. Name entered should be same as that of the given ID proof that you will show during the time of the examination as well as Interview.
- Enter your mobile number: Mobile number should remain the same till the entire procedure. No changes in the mobile number will be accepted later. No need to prefix 0.
- E- Mail ID: Enter your E- mail IDs correctly to get notifications regarding any update related to SBI PO examination or application procedure.
- After filling the basic information, candidates will be asked for the confirmation regarding the information provided by them and once you press the OK button, you cannot go back. So be careful while filling up the basic information.
Press Ok and your registration will be confirmed and you will be provided with registration number and password.
- Note down your registration number and password details to edit your application form (if necessary).
- Also to take a print of your submitted SBI PO application form simply login using registration number and password, and click on print/save button.
Step 2: Uploading Photograph and Signatures:
Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in the SBI PO 2017 application form.
- The photograph and signatures should be scanned properly and should be clearly visible.
- Candidates are advised to not to change their look/appearance till the examination.
- You can use the DPI settings of the scanner to adjust the resolution of the images.
- Additionally, if there is some extra space around the scanned image that is unnecessary, it can be cropped to reduce the size.
- Both, the photograph and signature have to be uploaded with the proper specifications.
- Signature must be done by using Black ink pen on a white sheet of paper Specifications for photograph and signature is provided in the table below:
JPEG/ JPG format
|Dimensions- 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|File Size- 20 Kb – 50 Kb|
|Pixels- 200 x 230|
JPEG/ JPG format
|White sheet using Black Ink pen|
|File Size- 10 Kb – 20 Kb|
|Dimensions- 140 x 60 Pixels|
Note: The photograph and signature should be clear and accurate as application form with unclear images would be summarily rejected. The following window will open for choosing scanned photograph and signatures.
·‘Choose File’ option will appear. Candidates can select their photograph and signature respectively by clicking at the options.
·Click at the next button and Window three will appear.
Step 3: SBI PO Application Form Filling
After uploading the images, enter the Basic details and Qualification/ Languages known.
- Educational qualification should be filled correctly (as on 1.07.2017)
- The date of passing eligibility examination should be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute.
- Those who are in final year/ semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that if they will be called for an interview, they must have cleared their Graduation before 1.07.2017
- Fractional percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e 59.99 will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Fill the degree, name of the institution, place of the institution, date of passing, the percentage of marks and grade. Candidates have to choose the best possible option available.
- ‘Other details option’ is also provided for the reserved classes if they are interested in participating for the Pre- exam training. This section is optional.
- After submitting all the details, preview option will appear where candidates can recheck the information provided by them and they can change/edit any incorrect information.
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
After verifying all details and ensuring that they are accurate, candidate must proceed with the application fee payment.
- The fee can be paid using any of the online options, such as debit card, credit card or net banking and DD will not be accepted.
- Fees for the General category and OBC is INR 600 and for SC/ST it’s INR 100.
Once the fee has been paid successfully, a receipt will be generated.
- Candidate must save a copy of this receipt as proof of fee payment.
- To print the receipt, candidates must visit registration portal anytime till the last date of printing i.e. March 21,2017
- Complete the SBI PO application fee and keep the screenshot for the payment of application fee for the safer way.
For any further queries, Candidates can visit email@example.com
Step 5: Confirmation
After successful completion of payment method, you will get conformation message /mail by saying your application form accepted
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the SBI PO application form for the future use.
- To take a print of your submitted SBI PO application form simply login using registration number and password, and click on print/save button
- The copy of the completed form need not be sent to the bank.
In case payment is unsuccessful:
- Candidate must register afresh and start the form filling process a second time.
- The Amount debited for failed transaction will be refunded back to your account within 3 -7 working days. The payment links are active 24 hours continuously. So if you still cannot make the fee payment during the day time, you can do it in the night also.
SBI PO Helpline number:
- Candidates are requested not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India 2017’ in the subject of the email to get guaranteed response from the authority.
- In case of any problem in applying online, payment of fee/intimation charges or receipt of admit card, queries may be made at phone number 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you will submit your application form, start your preparation for SBI Preliminary and Mains. It is the good opportunity for candidates who want to get the good career in banking fields.