SBI PO 2017: SBI Probationary Officer 2017
SBI PO is a three stage recruitment exam namely Prelims, Mains and Interview. Prelims form the basis of qualification to Mains after which shortlisted candidates appear for Interview. The first shift of SBI Prelims has been conducted in online mode.
- Marks obtained by candidates in the written test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks obtained in group exercises and the interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
- The final merit list is calculated after aggregating converted marks of written test and group exercises and the interview out of 100 for each category.
- This year 30 lakh candidates applied for the exam while only 2313 candidates will be recruited as the Probationary Officer (PO).
Given below is the analysis of the exam for the SBI Preliminary exam and Mains exam: CHECK SBI PO EXAM ANALYSIS FOR PRELIMS
- The difficulty level of the exam was analyzed to be easy to moderate. The questions required calculation and were time-consuming
- Time management and practice were the keys to clear the exam. Candidates who practiced for the exam were able to attempt 55-57 questions in the exam.
- Most of the questions in Quantitative Analysis section were from Data Interpretation. Out of 35, candidates could easily attempt 25. So the difficulty level of this section was between easy to moderate.
- English was comparatively easier than the previous year. The questions from comprehension and replacement were easy while cloze test was of moderate difficulty.
- Questions from puzzles and seating arrangement dominated the reasoning section followed by questions from inequalities. This section was found to be easy.
This year SBI (State Bank of India) has invited applications for 2313 vacancies for the post of Probationary Officer. Candidates with minimum 48.5 marks (total) in SBI Prelims will be shortlisted for SBI PO Mains. CHECK SBI PO CUT OFF
- SBI PO Mains is scheduled for June 04, 2017 in online mode
- Candidates do not have to register separately for SBI PO Mains
- The exam has two sections- Objective (200 marks) and Descriptive (50 marks)
- The descriptive exam is evaluated only after the candidate qualifies the objective exam.
SBI PO 2017 Exam Dates
There are 2313 vacancies for the post of PO as declared by SBI (State Bank of India). SBI PO Registration 2017 can be done only on the official website. The series of important events related to SBI PO exam are tabulated below:
|SBI PO Admit Card 2017 for Prelims can be downloaded from||April 15, 2017- May 07, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Preliminary Exam is scheduled for||April 29 & 30, 2017 and May 06 & 07, 2017|
|SBI PO Result for Preliminary exam will be declared on||May 17, 2017|
|SBI PO Admit Card 2017 for Mains will be available from||May 22, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Main Exam is scheduled for||June 04, 2017|
|SBI PO Result for Mains will be announced on||July 4, 2017|
|SBI PO Call Letter for Interview will be available from||June 26, 2017|
|SBI PO 2017 Group Exercises and Interview will be conducted on||July 10, 2017|
|SBI PO Final Result will be announced on||August 05, 2017|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2017
It is mandatory for the candidates to gratify all the eligibility conditions before applying for the SBI PO registration process. Candidates should accomplish the lower age limit, educational qualification, to be eligible for SBI PO exam.
- The candidate must be an Indian National to be eligible for SBI Probationary Officer Recruitment.
- Candidates who have a complaint against them regarding character, moral turpitude, a complaint regarding repayment of loans are not eligible to apply for the post.
- At any stage, if a candidate is found ineligible for the exam, will be disqualified from further rounds of SBI PO recruitment process.
- It is mandatory to possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or from the central government.
- Candidates who are pursuing education and are in their final semester or final year may apply.
- But candidates will have to produce a proof of having passed in graduation on or before August 31, 2017.
- The minimum age limit to apply for SBI PO is 21 years while the upper age limit is 30 years (relaxable)
- Candidates who have been born after April 2, 1986, and before April 1, 1995, are eligible, inclusive of both days.
- SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrants get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit
- OBC candidates with upper age limit 33 years can apply for the exam
- PwD category candidates reserve a relaxation of 10- 15 years depending on the category.
CHECK DETAILED SBI PO ELIGIBILITY
SBI PO Application Form 2017
SBI PO Application form can be filled in online mode only. Register on the official website of SBI initially to fill the application form. Given below are the steps for filling the SBI PO application form-
Registration and Form Filling
- Visit ibps.sifytest.com and find the link to apply for SBI PO 2017. Click on the link and you are redirected to a new page.
- Click “click for new registration”.
- Fill the personal details such as Name, Gender, category etc.
- After that mention your preference of SBI PO Exam Center and enter the academic and communication details.
- You receive an application number. Note it down to log in again.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that click on Submit to move to fee payment window.
Fee Payment and Submission
- The fee can be paid online only. (Application fee- INR 600 for general or INR 100 (for reserved categories)
- Pay the application fee using Debit/Credit card or Net Banking
- Enter card details and CVV number to pay through Debit/Credit Card
- Enter the account details to make the payment through Net banking
- Print multiple copies of the submitted for future use.
The following table represents the SBI PO application fee-
|Category||SBI PO Application Fee|
|General and OBC||INR 600/-|
|SC, ST and PwD||INR 100/-|
CHECK HOW TO FILL SBI PO APPLICATION FORM 2017
SBI PO 2017 Admit Card
SBI PO Admit Card for Prelims can be downloaded from the official website till May 07, 2017. Download the admit card from the official website of SBI. SBI PO Admit Card is different for different stages of the exam. Aspiring candidates can download their SBI PO call letters by following given simple steps:
- Visit the official website of SBI PO
- Follow the link to download the SBI PO Admit Card
- Enter the provisional ID and Password correctly in the space provided.
- Verify the details on the SBI PO Admit card and Print its multiple copies.
SBI PO Exam Centers 2017
- There are 33 centers located across India where SBI PO Exam will be conducted which includes 27 states and 6 union territories.
- Candidates have to mention one preference each for Prelims and Mains in the SBI PO Application form.
- SBI PO Exam center is allocated by the bank. No request to change the center will be entertained
SBI PO 2017 Exam Pattern
SBI PO is an online mode exam conducted in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The questions are displayed on the computer screen. Candidates have to use the mouse to answer the questions (keyboard will be inactive). Given below is the SBI PO Exam Pattern for all stages separately:
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
- It is a computer based test with 100 multiple choice questions to be solved in 1 hour
- There are 3 sections in the exam- English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning
- There are 30 questions in English holding a weightage of 30 marks. The minimum cut off for this section is 8.75 (General)/ 6 (OBC/SC/ST/PwD)
- Reasoning section includes 35 questions. The minimum marks required to qualify this section is 7 (General)/ 4.25 (OBC/SC/ST/PwD)
- There 35 questions in aptitude section of the exam. The cut off for this section is 7.25 for general while it is 4.25 for reserved categories.
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
- It is an online exam with 155 objective type questions in English holding a weightage of 200 marks. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- There are 4 sections in the exam- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, GK about Economy/Banking and English
- English section includes 35 questions holding a weightage of 40 marks. The minimum marks required to clear this section is 13 for general/ 8.5 for OBC/SC/ST/PwD
- There are 40 questions in GK section carrying 40 marks. The cut off to clear this section is 20 for general and 18 for reserved categories
- Data analysis section includes 35 questions carrying 60 marks. The minimum cut off for this section is 11.5 (General)/ 8.5 (OBC/SC/ST)
- There are 45 questions in reasoning and computer aptitude holding a weightage of 60 marks. General category candidates must score 12.5 while reserved category candidates must score 8.5 to clear this section.
- Different time is allotted to different sections of the exam. Here is the time schedule of each section:
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||45 minutes|
|General Awareness||40 minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45 minutes|
- The descriptive test includes questions which test the candidate’s proficiency in English. It is 30 minutes tests carrying 50 marks
- The descriptive test has questions based on letter writing and essay writing.
SBI PO 2017 Result
SBI PO Pre exam result would be declared on May 17, 2017. The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in all the sections of the SBI PO exam will be normalised by the equi-percentile method. Only up to 2 decimal points, scores would be taken for the calculation. SBI PO mains exam would be declared by August 16, 2017.
How to check SBI PO 2017 Result?
The SBI PO result would be declared separately for each stage of SBI PO exam. Given below are the steps to check the SBI PO result.
- Visit The official website of SBI
- Click on the link provided to check the SBI PO 2017 Result
- A new tab opens asking for the particulars of the candidate to generate the SBI PO Result
- Enter the SBI PO 2017 Roll no. and Date of Birth
- Click on the “submit” button
- Download and save your SBI PO score card
Check SBI PO Result
SBI PO 2017 Cut Off
The minimum qualifying marks in each section of the SBI PO exam is termed as SBI PO sectional cut off. To get qualify for further rounds of SBI PO recruitment process, a candidate has to score minimum qualifying marks in each section and the overall cut off.
The following table gives the SBI PO 2017 cutoff for SBI PO Pre-examination
|Category||English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Ability||Overall Cut Off Marks|
|37.00 (VH)||15.75 (HI)|
The following table gives the SBI PO 2017 Tentative Cutoff for SBI PO Mains examination
|Category||English Language||Reasoning Ability & Computer||Data Analysis & Interpretation||General Awareness||Overall Cut Off Marks|
Check MoreSBI PO 2017 Merit List
SBI PO 2017 Selection Process
The candidates are shortlisted for the vacant position in the State Bank of India, depends upon their performances in SBI PO Pre, SBI PO Mains and Group Discussion & Interview. Thus, the SBI PO Selection Process is 3 stage recruitment process which are:
- SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- SBI PO Main examination
- Group Discussion & Interview
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
SBI PO Prelims is an online objective test of 1-hour duration. It would be conducted in last week of April, 2017. It is the very first stage of SBI PO recruitment process. SBI PO Pre comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
The total marks of SBI PO pre-exam are 100 marks. Candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in all the sections in order to get qualify for the next round of SBI PO recruitment process.
SBI PO Main Examination
The candidates shortlisted for the main examination have to appear for the same on 1st week of June, 2017. It is 200 marks examination comprising of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness).
Descriptive test of 50 marks would be conducted immediately after the objective test. The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalised using the equi-percentile method.
Scores up to 2 decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations. Candidates are shortlisted for interview by considering the scores obtained in the main examination.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
The candidates who qualify the SBI PO mains exam eligible to appear for GD and interview. Post conduction of the interview, a combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview.
The final list of the selected candidates would be published on the official website of the bank’s website and also in Employment Newspaper.