RMAT - Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test 2018
Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test i.e. RMAT is a state level entrance examination conducted for those students who wish to get admission into MBA program. The examination is conducted by Rajasthan Technical University.
- RMAT is held every year in the month of May, whereas application process begins in March.
- Only those students can appear for the exam if they belong to Rajasthan.
- RMAT comprises 120 multiple choice questions.
- Students can freely attempt all the questions because no marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- The paper is divided into 5 sections namely Reasoning and Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Mathematical Ability, English Language and General Awareness. The exam will be conducted only in the English language.
Students will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. A merit list is prepared on the basis of student’s marks. All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling. It will be conducted in the month of June-July.
RMAT 2018 Highlights
|Date of RMAT 2018 Exam||May 2018|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Technical University|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English Only|
|Duration of Exam||150 Minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Section||5 (Reasoning and Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Mathematical Ability, English Language and General Awareness)|
RMAT 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check the important dates regarding the exam on the official website of RMAT. The dates given here are tentative and drawn out of previous year trends. The following table shows the dates regarding all the important events conducted throughout the year:
|Availability of Online Application Form||Last week of March|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form||Mid of April|
|Availability of Admit card||May 2017|
|RMAT 2018 Exam Date||Last week of May|
|Commencement of Counselling||June-July 2018|
RMAT 2018 Eligibility
Before appearing in RMAT 2018, students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria of the exam. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidates should be Graduate from recognized university with minimum 50% marks and in case of SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates they must obtain 45% marks
- Final year students are also eligible for the exam.
- The candidates should be resident of Rajasthan. Other than this, if candidate’s parents are bonafide resident of Rajasthan those students can also apply for exam.
- If candidate is a regular student of recognized institution for five consecutive years is eligible for exam.
RMAT 2018 Application Form
Students can fill RMAT 2018 Application Form online by visiting the official website. They are advised to fill the application form correctly and accurately, if they fail to do so then application form will be rejected. The application forms will be available in the last week of March.
Applicants must follow below steps for applying for RMAT 2018:
Step 1: Students can register for the exam and download the application form by visiting the official website.
Step 2: Applicants need to fill the personal information like name, age, Date of Birth, qualification details, etc. and register themselves.
Step 3: Those who register successfully will receive user id and password which must be used to log in for completing application form.
Step 4: In the application form, enter particulars related to Personal Details, Academic Details and Contact Details. Submit once done.
Step 5: After completing the application form, students need to make the fee payment of amount INR 1000
Step 6: Application fees can be paid through online mode using Debit/ Credit card or through Demand Draft
Step 7: Application form needs to be sent at the following address:
Rajasthan Technical University
Kota, Rajasthan - 324022
Candidates must bring the following document along with the application form:
- Class 10 and 12 exam mark sheets
- Class 10 certificate
- Undergraduate exam mark sheet
- Certificate for the final year candidate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Self-addressed envelopes (two in number)
- Self-addressed postcards (two in numbers)
RMAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card for RMAT has been issued by RTU. The admit card is available in the month of May. Admit card is a very important document for the examination without which candidates cannot appear for the exam. Students must bring their admit card at the examination center along with the other documents.
Admit card can be downloaded by using RMAT Registration number. Students are advised to take the printout of the admit card for their future use. The admit card will be verified and signed by the invigilator during the test.
By following the below steps candidates can download RMAT 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of RTU.
- Look for the link specifying “RMAT 2018 Admit Card” in the notifications and click on it.
- Enter the personal details like Name, Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the Submit button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Check all the details mentioned in it and take out multiple printed copies for future reference.
RMAT 2018 Exam Center
Students can select the option for examination centre while filling the application form. The following table shows the examination centre locations for RMAT 2018:
RMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
For the better preparation of the examination, students must check the examination pattern before. The paper will consist of 200 multiple choice questions. Students need to select only one correct answer from the options provided. If the students select more than one answer, the answer will be considered invalid.
- The time duration to complete the exam is 150 minutes
- There is no negative marking for wrong attempt, so students can freely attempt all the questions.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be given
- The exam will be conducted only in English language
- The questions will be asked from the subject like Reasoning and Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Mathematical Ability, English Language and General Awareness.
The following table shows the detailed examination pattern of RMAT 2018:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Reasoning and Aptitude||40|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||40|
RMAT 2018 Syllabus
Students can start the examination preparation once they know about the syllabus. The paper is divided into 5 sections. The following table shows the important topics related to the all the five sections from which the questions are asked:
|Mathematical Ability||Geometry (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc.)|
|Ratios and Proportion|
|In-equations Quadratic and linear equations|
|Profit & Loss|
|Work and time|
|Geometric Progression/ Geometric mean|
|Arithmetic progression/ Arithmetic mean|
|Number Base System|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Data Interpretation based on Texts|
|Data Interpretation based on Graphs and Tables|
|Reasoning and Aptitude||Critical reasoning|
|Assertion and reasons|
|Statements and assumptions|
|Identifying valid inferences|
|Identifying strong arguments and Weak arguments|
|Statements and conclusions|
|Cause and Effect|
|Identifying probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement|
|Symbol Based problems|
|Coding and decoding|
|Identifying next number in series|
|English Language||Comprehension of passage|
|Fill In the Blanks|
|Odd man out|
|One word substitution|
|Different usage of same word|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs related to Sports/ Finance/ Entertainment/ Politics/ Science/ History/ Geography/ International organisations etc.|
|Punch line of companies|
|Top officials of big companies|
|Major corporate events|
|Famous award and prizes|
|Books and authors|
RMAT 2018 Result
After the completion of the examination, the result will be available within 3-4 weeks of exam online on the official website of RTU. By following the below steps students can check their RMAT 2018 Result:
- Visit the official website of RTU
- On the website menu bar, click on the examination tab
- Further click on the Results option
- Students will be redirected to another page
- Enter the details like user id, password and security code
- Click on the show result button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the screen. Students can download and take the printout of the result for their future reference.
RMAT 2018 Cut Off
RMAT 2018 Cut Off will be released after the declaration of the result. Cut off is the minimum marks required by candidate in order to qualify to the next step of the admission process. Those students who secure less than the cut off marks will not be eligible for admission to MBA program.
The cut off will be decided on some of the following factors:
- Number of candidates appeared for RMAT exam
- Number of candidates passed the exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Number of vacancy for RMAT exam
RMAT 2018 Counselling
All the shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling. The counselling will be held in the month of June/July 2018.
Students have to decide their choice of course before appearing for RMAT counselling. After the declaration of the result, students can check their rank and date of counselling. It will be conducted rank wise. Applicants have to appear for the counselling on stipulated date at given time.
Students must bring the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Class 10 and Class 12, Degree mark sheet or certificate (both original and Xerox)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Two self-addressed envelopes
- Two self-addressed post cards