Rajasthan Technical University, Kota conducts Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) for candidates seeking admission to the various undergraduate engineering programs (B.E/ B.Tech). The admission procedure is conducted on behalf of government aided and private unaided technical institutions of Rajasthan (except BITS Pilani, MNIT Jaipur and other Deemed and Private Universities).
- The application form can be filled through online mode by visiting the official website.
- REAP 2018 Registration will begin in second week of May 2018.
- Candidates with minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam will be considered eligible.
- The application fee of INR 700 must be deposited at the time of application through online or offline modes available.
- The admission will be given to various participating institutes on the basis of the merit list.
- Before counselling process begins, candidates are asked to choose the institutes and courses they wish to get admission into.
- At the time of counselling, candidates will have to carry all the documents and get them verified.
REAP 2018 admission process shall be carried out for admissions to various B.Tech and B.E courses. Candidates can find details regarding eligibility, application procedure, counselling, etc. here.
REAP 2018 Exam Dates
REAP 2018 Application Form filing will begin from the second week of May 2018. Interested candidates must know the eligibility criteria before applying. Note that registration will close in second week of June, 2018. Candidates must be aware of the dates related to REAP 2018. Here is the list of important events for REAP 2018:
|Seat matrix declaration||Second week of May 2018|
|Start of registration and filling of option form||Second week of May 2018|
|Last date for payment of Registration fee||First week of June 2018|
|Last date for Registration/ Option form filling||Second week of June 2018|
|Physical counselling – Pwd, Ex-servicemen, KM||Third week of June 2018|
|Counselling for Out of Rajasthan candidates||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Last date of Reporting for Out of Rajasthan candidates at the allotted institutes||First week of July 2018|
|Final seat matrix for candidates for Rajasthan state||First week of July 2018|
|Counseling list for First Round||Second week of July 2018|
|Last date of Reporting for candidates at the allotted institutes after I-counselling||Third week of July 2018|
|Option for Upward movement||Third week of July 2018|
|Counselling list for Second Round (II-allotment)||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Last date of Reporting for Candidates at the allotted institutes after II-counselling||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Option for Internal Sliding||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Last date for depositing original documents at the last reported institute||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Last date for withdrawal of admission||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Special round seat matrix declaration||First week of August 2018|
|Start of registration and filling of option form for special round||First week of August 2018|
|Last date for deposition of Registration fee for special round||First week of August 2018|
|Last date for Registration/Option form filling for special round||Second week of August 2018|
|Counselling for special round candidates||Second week of August 2018|
|Last date of Reporting for Candidates at the allotted institutes after special round||Second week of August 2018|
Candidates must note that these are tentative dates only. Rajasthan Technical University reserves the right to change and update these dates at any time. Please follow the official Rajasthan Technical University website for more details and updates on REAP 2018.
REAP 2018 Eligibility
To be eligible for REAP 2018, candidates must satisfy all the required conditions set up the authorities governing the admission process. The eligibility requirement includes, academic qualifications, age requirement and Domicile criteria.
- Candidates seeking admission through REAP must have the minimum academic qualification for admission to B. Tech / B. E program in Rajasthan. They should have cleared class 12 with minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Non-Creamy Layer OBC/ Non-Creamy Layer SBC of Rajasthan state) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and having any one subject from Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science and Biology as optional subjects.
- Candidates applying for the process must be born on or after October 01, 1992. A relaxation of upper age limit of five years is given to candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PwD) categories. Date of birth as mentioned in the Secondary Education mark sheet / certificate will only be considered as true.
Candidates will have to submit a Medical Fitness Certificate while reporting at the allotted college on the prescribed form certified by a Medical Officer of the Government of Rajasthan or a Registered Medical Practitioner as per the medical standards mentioned below:
- Height: For male candidates, not less than 1.5 m and for female candidates not less than 1.4 m.
- Weight: For male candidates, not less than 41 kg and for female candidates not less than 37 kg (Approximately).
- Chest Measurement: Male candidates apply for the process must have chest measurement not less than 69 cm.
- No abnormality of heart and lungs
- Application of candidates with hernia, hydrocele, piles etc. will be kept on hold. They should be cured of the disease before joining the program.
- Vision: Normal. In case of defective vision, it must be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the worse eye. An applicant must be free from congenital and other eye diseases. Candidates with color blindness cannot apply for Mining Engineering courses.
- Speech and Hearing: Normal
- Candidates of Rajasthan Domicile only can apply for REAP 2018. An applicant’s domicile status of Rajasthan will be determined as per any one criteria mentioned below:
REAP 2018 Application Form
REAP 2018 application will be available at these three websites:
The process involved in successful application for REAP 2018 is as follows:
Step 1: Deposition of Application Form Fees
REAP 2018 Application Form costs INR 700. Candidates may contact any Government of Rajasthan’s authorized e-Mitra/ CSC kiosk center deposit a sum of INR 705 (INR 700 for Application Form Fees and INR 5 for e-Mitra service charges). Candidates must note that this amount is neither transferable nor refundable or adjustable in future. Candidates must note and keep the 16-digit token number and receipt generated by the e-Mitra portal kiosk for all future references. Candidates will need this token number to activate their application form.
Step 2: Documents required for filling the Online Application form
Candidates will need the following documents while filling out the REAP 2018 Application Form:
- Recent passport size photograph in jpg format (Maximum image size of 100 KB)
- Signature in jpg format (Maximum image size of 50 KB)
- Mark sheets of class X, XI and XII examination.
- Mark sheet of JEE (Mains) 2018 score card (if applicable)
- Documents related to domicile of Rajasthan and reservation category
- Receipt issued by e-Mitra/ CSC kiosk containing the Token Number.
- Certificate from the competent authority for applicants belonging to KM category as a proof of being son/ daughter of displaced person from Jammu and Kashmir
Step 3: Filling of Online Application form
Candidates need to fill out his/ her details such as the following in the application form:
- Date of Birth
- Address of Communication
- Educational details
No changes will be allowed once the candidate has submitted the application form. Candidates are thus advised to check the form thoroughly before submitting it.
REAP 2018 Centers
Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) is conducted in different cities across Rajasthan. The centres for REAP 2018 are as follows:
REAP 2018 Participating Institutes
REAP 2018 will provide admission to eligible candidates to around 128 engineering institutes in the state. The applicants who are eligible will be allotted seats into these institutes based on their merit. Candidates can check a few of the participating institutes in the table given below:
|Name of Participating Institute||Number of Seats Offered|
|Aryabhatta College of Engineering and Research Centre||504|
|Govt. Mahila Engineering College||540|
|St. Wilfred's Institute of Engineering and Technology||441|
|Alwar Institute of Engineering and Technology||254|
|Institute of Engineering and Technology, Alwar||254|
|Laxmi Devi Institute of Engineering and Technology||504|
|Modern Institute of Technology and Research Centre||799|
|School of Aeronautics (Neemrana)||315|
|St. Margaret Engineering College||347|
|Jaipur Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur||378|
REAP 2018 Reservation of Seats
REAP 2018 will have reservation of seats for applicants belonging to different categories as per the statutory provisions of the state of Rajasthan. For admissions through reservation, the applicant will have to meet the criteria specified as per the category selected. Only those applicants who meet the reservation criteria will be allotted seats as per the category.
|Category of Applicants||Percentage of Allotment|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Non-Creamy Layer (OBC)||21%|
|Non-Creamy Layer (SBC)||5%|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||3%|
|Dependents of Defense Killed/Ex-Servicemen/Gallantry Award Winners||3%|
KM Category: 5% of the total intake capacity over and above the original number of seats in each of the institutions will be reserved for Kashmiri migrants. Sons/ daughter of the displaced persons from the state of Jammu and Kashmir will be eligible for admission to the various engineering colleges through REAP 2018. The candidate has to submit a certificate from any competent authority as a proof of being son/ daughter of any displaced person from the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
REAP 2018 Counseling
REAP 2018 Counselling will be organized by the Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan. Counselling will be conducted either on the basis of candidate’s rank in JEE Main 2018 (if any) or candidate’s marks in class 12. The counselling will be organized into three rounds. Candidates have to lock their choices for branch and college before appearing in counselling process. During online/choice filling, candidates have to pay a fee of INR 10,000. This fee is fully adjustable in case admission is taken at the allotted institute.
The steps for REAP Counselling 2018 are as follows:
Step 1- Online registration
- Register yourself online and fill the required educational and personal details to sit for counselling.
- Next, upload photograph and signature in the required format and size.
- Make a payment of INR 700 online through Debit Card/Credit Card/ net banking or at E-Mitra centers.
Step 2- Online choice filling and locking
- Log in using credentials entered at the time of registration.
- Make choices of seats available from the given list of institutions and B.Tech/ B.E courses and fill it.
- Choose as many institutes/seats as you like and fill them immediately before getting “Choice exhausted condition”.
- Save your choice every time you log in and edit the same.
- Once sure, lock the choices or else the system will automatically lock the choices to the last saved ones on the last day.
Step 3- Seat Allotment procedure
REAP Seat Allotment 2018 will be done on the basis of the merit rank of the candidates and the choices filled by them.
Candidates will have to download their provisional seat allotment letters which will contain their personal details as well as details of the institution and program to which they have been provisionally admitted and details of initial fee payment.
REAP 2018 Seat allotment will be done in several rounds as mentioned in the table below:
|Round of Seat Allotment||Procedure|
|Round One||Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of the merit list for REAP 2018. Non JEE candidates will be able to participate however the first priority will be given to JEE Main qualified candidates.|
|Round Two||If a candidate has been allotted a seat of higher preference, then that particular seat will fall vacant and it will be allocated to subsequent candidates. Fresh choice filling will not be allowed and only the originally selected ones will hold true. Registered candidates will not have the option to change or resubmit their choices.|
|Round Three||Candidates who have JEE Main score and were not allotted seats due to exhaustion of their choice, will be allowed to participate in this round. Candidates who are registered and do not have JEE Main score, will have the option to change their choice in this round. New candidates who meet the requisite eligibility criteria, will be allowed to register after paying INR 1200 as application form fee and fill new choices as per availability. Please note: Those candidates who were allotted seats but they did not report at the allotted institutes in the first and second rounds will not be allowed to participate in the third round of counselling. They will have to register as a new candidate.|
|Round Four||Candidates will be allotted seats due to upward movement in this round. They will be awarded seats according to the choice of the program that they had filled and the seat has been left vacant due to the absence of the candidate it was originally allotted to.|
Step 4- Physical reporting and admission at the allotted institute
- Candidates who have been allotted seats will have to be physically present at the allotted institute at the scheduled time.
- Carry all the required documents in original form for verification, two sets of self-attested photocopies of the documents and a signed copy of the admission form.
- Also, carry the total fee that has to be deposited at the allotted institute with them.
Candidates will have to carry the following documents during the counselling process for REAP 2018:
- Hard copy of provisional seat allotment letter
- Registration form with color photograph of the candidate affixed on it
- Additional color photograph
- Valid JEE Main 2018 score card
- Class 10 board certificate which will be used to verify date of birth
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Domicile certificate issued by a competent authority
- Certificate for those who are claiming reservation such as those belonging to SC, ST, OBC and SBC
- Persons with disability (PwD) will have to present a certificate which has to be issued by a competent authority
- Consolidated mark sheet/ Grade of qualifying examination
- Undertaking to be taken by OBC/SBC in a particular format
- Wards of ex-servicemen will have to produce the requisite service certificate if applicable