PU CET 2017 (Panjab University Common Entrance Test 2017) is conducted every year for admission into Panjab University Undergraduate courses.
- PU CET UG 2017 counselling process is also conducted by Panjab University.
- The Exam is conducted for providing admissions into numerous undergraduate courses such as Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery B.Pharm and B.Sc. (Hons.) in the University.
- The result of PU CET 2017 has been announced on June 12, 2017.
- Final Merit list will be published on July 18, 2017.
- PU CET UG 2017 admission form has been released on June 14, 2017.
- All candidates interested in taking admission in the mentioned courses at the university have to fill the form in time.
- Last date to fill the admission form is June 28, 2017.
- Qualified applicants have to fill up the Admission Form by Logging into their account at http://cetug.puchd.ac.in
- PU CET UG 2017 counselling process is scheduled to start from July 14, 2017.
- Students have to fill their choices on an online portal.
- Successive rounds will be held until all the university seats are filled.
- The process consists of three steps- Filling of Admission Form, Locking of choices and reporting to the college.
- After all the rounds, physical counselling of the candidates is held.
|Total Programs available||12|
|Total Participating Institutes||1|
|Total Seats available||408|
|NRI Seats available||Yes|
|Candidates Eligible for participating in PU CET UG 2017 Counselling||Candidates who have qualified the cut off of PU CET UG 2017 exam|
PU CET UG 2017 Counselling Schedule
Panjab University conducts PU CET counselling every year. This year the process is going to start from July 14, 2017 with the release of merit list. However, to participate in the process, candidates have to fill the admission form which is available at the website from June 14, 2017.
The table below gives the important dates regarding PU CET 2017 counselling process:
|PU CET UG 2017 result announcement||June 12, 2017|
|Release of PU CET admission form||June 14, 2017|
|Last date to submit the admission form||June 28, 2017|
|Last date to receive admission form by Authority||July 7, 2017|
|Release of Merit list||July 14, 2017|
|Objection on the published merit list||July 14 & 15, 2017|
|Choice filling||July 14 & 15, 2017|
|Display of final merit list after corrections||July 18, 2017|
|First seat allocation list will be announced on||July 18, 2017|
|Reporting at allotted college||July 19, 20 & 21, 2017|
|Classes begin||July 24, 2017|
|Second Seat allocation list release||August 01, 2017|
|Reporting at allotted college||August 02, 03 & 04, 2017|
|Physical counselling date||August 07 & 08, 2017|
PU CET UG 2017 Counselling Procedure
Candidates can check the PU CET 2017 result on the website, now. It was released on June 12, 2017. The exam authority has declared the result online. Applicants are advised to take a printout of the result and keep it safe till the admission procedure is over.
- Aspirants can participate in the counselling process according to their rank in the merit list released by Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Students have to fill the PUCET UG admission form through online mode from 14th June 2017.
- Students have to submit the hard copy of their admission form to the authority before July 07, 2017.
- PU CET 2017 Counselling will be organized in various rounds as per the availability of seats.
- Candidates should have passed the 12th standard examination in physics, Chemistry Maths or Biology to be eligible.
- Only candidates with their names in the merit list can apply for admission.
Step Wise PU CET UG 2017 Counselling Process
Filling the admission form:
- A day after the result is announced, PU CET admission form is made available on the website.
- Candidates have to fill the admission form and send the hard copy to the exam authority.
- The last date to fill the form is June 28 and it should reach the authority before July 07, 2017.
Filling of preferences:
- After the merit list is published on July 14, 2017, candidates have to fill the choices.
- Applicants have to submit the counselling fee either in online or offline mode.
- The choice filling will take place in online mode on the official website.
- Candidates have to lock their choices, no correction is allowed one the preferences are locked.
- The distribution of seats is based PU CET 2017 Merit list.
- On July 18, 2017, the first seat allocation list will be released.
- Same procedure is repeated for further rounds.
Reporting at the College:
- Qualified candidates have to report to the allotted college with the important documents and admission fee.
- If a candidate fails to report in the college on time, his admission is cancelled.
- Three day time is given to the students to reach the college and get their admission confirmed.
- The reporting timings will be released by Panjab University.
Documents required at the time of Counselling
Following documents are needed at the time of reporting. Candidates have to take these original documents with photocopies to the college:
- Provisional Seat Allocation Letter
- Original Admit Card PUCET UG 2017
- Medical Examination Report
- Class X marks sheet
- Class XII marks sheet
- Category (OBC-NCL / SC / ST) certificate, if applicable
- PwD certificate, if applicable.
PU CET is Panjab University’s entrance exam. There are different courses offered by the University on the basis of PU CET UG rank. The seat matrix is given below:
Students can take admission in B.Sc and B.Pharm courses, with the special subjects as follows:
|Physics (Specialization in Electronics)||20||03|