OUAT 2018 (Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology) is a University level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into various UG, PG and Doctorate programs offered by the university in its affiliated colleges.
- It will be conducted in the 1st week of June 2018 for UG courses and in the 3rd week of July 2018 for PG and PhD programs.
- The registration for OUAT 2018 will begin a month prior to the entrance exam.
- OUAT 2018 Application form can be filled by the online mode only.
- OUAT 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The exam will comprise of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs). The duration of the test will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Each question will carry +1 marks; the total obtainable marks are 200.
The results for OUAT 2018 test will be declared within a month of conducting the exam. Students can expect the results by the 3rd week of July 2018 for UG courses and 2nd week of August for PG and PhD courses.
OUAT 2018 Exam Highlights Table
The aspirants must go through the highlights of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology carefully. The list of important details about the entrance test for the academic year of 2018-19 is given below:
|Date of OUAT 2018||UG:1st week of June 2018 PG and PhD: 3rd week of July|
|Conducting body||Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Mode of OUAT 2018||Offline (Pen and paper based)|
|Medium of OUAT 2018||English|
|Duration of OUAT 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Number of questions||200|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs)|
OUAT 2018 Courses Offered
OUAT 2018 is a portal for admitting students into various agriculture and technology programs. It offers various UG, PG and PhD programs. The courses offered in its campuses are:
Under Graduate Courses, Post Graduate and PhD courses:
|UG Program||PG Programs||PhD Programs|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||M.Sc. Agriculture||PhD in Agriculture|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry||M.V.Sc.||PhD in Veterinary Science|
|B.V.Sc & A.H.||M Tech (Agricultural Engineering)||PhD in Agricultural Engineering|
|B Tech (Agricultural Engineering)||M.F.Sc.||PhD in Fisheries Science|
|B.F.Sc.||M.Sc. Community Science||---|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science||M.Sc. Forestry||---|
OUAT 2018 Exam Dates
The exam schedule of OUAT 2018 vary for both undergraduate and post-graduate courses. OUAT 2018 Application Form for undergraduate courses will begin in the month of April 2018 while for postgraduate courses, it will commence from June 2018.
OUAT 2018 Exam Dates are given below:
|Commencement of online Application||1st week of April 2018||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date for submitting Application form||2nd week of May 2018||1st week of July 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of May 2018||2nd week of July 2018|
|Date of OUAT 2018 entrance exam||1st week of June 2018||3rd week of July 2018|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of July 2018||2nd week of August 2018|
|Counselling and spot admission||July 2018||August 2018|
OUAT 2018 Eligibility
OUAT 2018 Eligibility is as set up by the university. Participants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the entrance exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Citizens of India, as well as applicants of foreign origin, can apply for the exam. However, the admission process of foreign nationals will differ and will be conducted separately.
- UG Courses- Students must secure at least 50% aggregate (40% marks for SC/ ST and PwD candidates) in the qualifying exam of 10+2 or equivalent level.
They must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects depending on the course they wish to pursue.
- PG Courses- Applicants must obtain at least 60% marks or 6.60/10 OGPA (50% marks or 5.60/10 OGPA for SC/ ST and PwD candidates) in the Bachelor degree examination.
- Doctorate Courses- Candidates must have secured at least 65% marks or an OGPA of 7 in a 10-point scale in the Master’s degree.
OUAT 2018 Application Form
OUAT 2018 Application form and prospectus will be available on the online portal of the university. Applicants must apply for the programs they wish to pursue by submitting a single application form and paying the requisite fees.
Students will have to fill an additional form- Application Form B for applying to all the UG courses. This form will be available on the website after the entrance test is conducted. Individuals will have to upload necessary documents and fill up certain details in this 2nd form.
Aspirants can apply via the online mode by following the simple steps given below:
Step 1: Registration and Filling of Application Form
- To register for OUAT 2018, applicants must log on to the official website of the University and click on ‘Submission of Online Application’ for the respective program.
- They should submit a few basic details such as Name, Date of Birth, Email-id, Aadhar number, Mobile Phone Number, Address of correspondence, Course opted for, Qualifying Exam, Test Center, etc.
- They will have an option of editing the details entered. After carefully going through the data, they must select ‘Register and Proceed’. The data once confirmed cannot be modified.
- Students will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number indicating their unique Application ID and Password.
Step 2: Payment of Fees
- The payment link for the application will be activated only after the form has been submitted.
- Aspirants must login using the application ID and password and proceed to pay the application fees. Fees can be paid via the online mode and also by cash through Common Service Center.
- After the transaction is complete, save the receipt as proof of payment.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Individuals must then upload scanned copies of their recent, passport-size Photograph, Signature and other necessary documents as per the specifications are given in the prospectus.
- Select the option of Preview Tab to preview the uploaded images.
Step 4: Confirmation of Application
- After all the above steps are complete, students must access their registered accounts and print out the system generated application form.
- Retain this form for further rounds of admission
OUAT 2018 Application Fees
OUAT 2018 application process will be considered complete only after the requisite fees have been paid by students. Fees can be paid via both the online and offline method.
The application fee is INR 1050 for UG courses and INR 1100 for PG and Doctorate courses regardless of the category the applicant belongs to. It should be noted that the application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
OUAT 2018 Admit Card
OUAT 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam a week prior to the entrance exam. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of Orissa University. The university will not send hard copies of the hall by post.
Admit Card should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and Counselling, duly signed by the exam invigilator. It will contain details about the individual such as the Name and Roll number, Date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address.
It is an important document of the entrance test and no student will be permitted into the exam hall without it. Follow these steps to download OUAT 2018 Admit Card: -
- Log on to the official website of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Click on the link related to ‘Download OUAT 2018 Admit Card’
- Candidates will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their Application number, Mobile number and Date of Birth. Alternatively, they can enter their login ID and Password.
- Admit card will appear. Download it and print it out 2 colored copies of it.
OUAT 2018 Exam Centers
OUAT 2018 will be conducted in about 30 cities in the state of Orissa. Students will be allowed to choose 3 cities for the offline entrance test as their preferred exam center. They will have to fill up the exam center code in the application form according to their convenience.
The conducting body of OUAT 2018 will allot a center to the applicants and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card. Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any situation.
OUAT 2018 Exam Pattern
OUAT 2018 will be of 2 hours duration and there will be one question paper containing 200 objective questions (MCQs). All questions will be followed by 4 alternative options as answers, out of which individual must choose one that seems the most accurate.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 marks.
- Negative marking scheme will not be applicable.
- It is a conventional pen and paper based test and applicants must mark their answers on an OMR sheet. Read More OUAT 2018 Exam Pattern
OUAT 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights Table is given below: -
|Mode of OUAT 2018||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Number of questions||200|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Medium of exam||English|
OUAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for OUAT 2018 will be based of Higher Secondary or equivalent level for UG courses. The questions asked will be of class 11 and class 12 syllabi of Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
The detailed syllabus will be given in the prospectus. For PG and Doctorate programs, the subjects taught in Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree respectively will form the basis of the syllabus.
OUAT 2018 Result
OUAT 2018 Results will be declared within a month of conducting the exam. The results will be declared on the official website of the Orissa University. They will be released in the form of score cards.
Individuals must download their results by accessing their registered accounts. This can be done by following these few easy steps: -
- Log on to the official website of OUAT 2018.
- Click on the tab of ‘Exam and result’ under ‘Academics’.
- Enter the application number, mobile number and date of birth as given. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The result of the entrance test will appear in the form of the score card. Download it and print it out for the further admission rounds.
- Alternatively, students can login to their registered accounts to know their result.
Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology will publish OUAT 2018 merit list of candidates who qualify the exam on the website after the declaration of results. They will be given OUAT 2018 Ranks according to due weightage given to marks secured by them in the entrance test and their academic career. The merit list will have the names of aspirants in order of ranks secured by them.
OUAT 2018 Counselling
OUAT 2018 Counselling Process will start in July for UG courses and in August 2018 for PG and PhD programs. All participants short-listed via the merit list must attend the Counselling session for admission to the various courses offered by Orissa University. The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the official OUAT website.
Students must be present at the Counselling session according to the time and date allotted to them. They must attend the Counselling procedure in person along with a parent or guardian. Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit, preference of course as chosen by the individual and availability of seats. The Counselling process will take place in the following way:
- The Counselling session will be held as per the scheduled time and date at the centers mentioned on the website of the University.
- Students will have to go to the Counselling centers with necessary documents that will be verified by the conducting body.
- After the documents are verified, aspirant will have to fill an offline preference form.
- The process of seat allotment will be done based on merit and preference of program as chosen by them.
- If individual wishes to accept the seat offered, he will have to report to the allotted college with the requisite tuition fees and to complete the admission formalities.
Document verification is an important element of OUAT 2018 Counselling. The documents required for Counselling are: -
- OUAT 2018 Rank card and Hall ticket
- 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s Degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving Certificate from Institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Passport sized photographs