NPAT 2017 - NMIMS Programs After Twelfth
NPAT (NMIMS Programs After Twelfth): The exam is held for students seeking admission to various Undergraduate and Integrated Degree Programs offered by NMIMS at Mumbai, Shirpur and Bengaluru Campuses. NPAT is held by constituent schools of SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Indore and Navi Mumbai campuses.
NMIMS offers Management, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Commerce, Economics, Law, Science, Liberal Arts, Design, Aviation, Intellectual Property and Distance Learning. Some important highlights of NPAT 2017 are listed below:
- NPAT 2017 was successfully conducted from May 13 – 14, 2017.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board or university to be eligible to apply for NPAT 2017. Those who are still in 10+2 can also apply for the NMIMS NPAT exam. Check Your NPAT Eligibility
- NMIMS University has released NPAT Admit Card for 2017 – 2018 academic session. Applicants can download NMIMS NPAT Admit Card from May 8, 2017 onwards. Download Here
- NPAT 2017 exam pattern for Commerce Course consists of 120 Multiple Choice Questions and candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the test. The exam is divided into 3 sections- Proficiency in English Language, Quantitative & Numerical Ability and Reasoning & General Intelligence.
- NPAT Exam Pattern varies for different courses. Check Here NPAT Exam Pattern
- NPAT 2017 Result for B.Tech is expected to be released on June 2, 2017. Candidates can check their result by logging into the official website.
- Merit Lists will be prepared according to the marks scored by the candidate in NPAT 2017 Exam.
- NPAT 2017 Counselling and seat allocation will be held from June 02, 2017 to July 01, 2017. The allotted seat will not be changed under any situation.
Courses Covered Under NPAT 2017
NMIMS NPAT exam is scheduled for following programs:
Undergraduate Degree Programs:
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Com. (Hons.)
- B.Sc. Finance
Integrated Degree Programs:
- MBA Tech. (B.Tech. + MBA Tech.)
- MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA)
LATEST B.TECH APPLICATION FORMS
NPAT 2017 Exam Dates
Online registration for NMIMS NPAT 2017 can be completed from January 31, 2017 to May 02, 2017. The exam is scheduled for May 13 – 14, 2017. Admit cards can be obtained online from May 08, 2017 onwards. You can check the calendar of events mentioned below for regular updates and process wise deadlines:
|Online Registration for NPAT 2017||January 31, 2017|
|Last Date for Editing NPAT Application Form||April 24, 2017|
|Last Date of Online Registration|
|Availability of NPAT 2017 Call Letters||May 08, 2017 Download Here|
|NPAT 2017 Written Exam||May 13 – 14, 2017 (Reporting time 8.45 am Test timing 10.00 to 12.00 noon)|
|1st Merit list of candidates selected for admission||June 02, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|Payment of admission fees (1st Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||June 03 – 09, 2017|
|2nd Merit list of candidates selected for admission||June 13, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|Payment of admission fees (2nd Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||June 14 – 21, 2017|
|3rd Merit list of candidates selected for admission||June 24, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|Payment of admission fees (3rd Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||June 27 – July 01, 2017|
|Commencement of Program||July 14, 2017|
|Closure of Admission||August 14, 2017|
NPAT 2017 Eligibility
NPAT offers admissions to multiple courses and thus eligibility criteria varies for each. Candidates must fulfil NPAT Eligibility Criteria to be able to apply for the desired programme. The programme wise Eligibility Criteria for NPAT 2017 is given below:
B.Tech and MBA (Tech)
- They must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (IB certificate/ DP awarded is not eligible) with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidate with IB Diploma is eligible only if he/she has offered Mathematics at higher level.
- They should score a minimum 50% in PCM in class 12 or equivalent for admission in Mumbai campus.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum 45% in PCM in class 12 or equivalent for admission in Shirpur campus.
- Students who have passed Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates passing 10+2or equivalent exam from Open or Distance learning (ODL) School recognized only by National Institute of Open schooling (NIOS) can apply for the program Subject to fulfilling the eligibility of the program.
- Candidate above 25 years of age is not eligible to apply for NPAT 2017.
- Candidates appearing for class 12th can also apply for NPAT 2017.
MBA Pharma Tech (B. Pharm + MBA)
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in PCM/PCB to be eligible to apply for NPAT 2017.
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum 60% marks in first attempt including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in any stream.
- They must have passed Mathematics / Statistics subject in 10+2 or equivalent to be eligible to apply.
B.Sc. Finance / B.Com (Hons.) / B.B.A
- A candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks in first attempt including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in any stream.
- They must have passed Mathematics / Statistics subject in HSC or equivalent to be eligible to apply.
NPAT 2017 Registration
Registration for the NPAT 2017 will start from January 31, 2017. The last date to apply for the exam is April 30, 2017. Candidates can apply online for NPAT 2017 through nmims.edu/www.npat.in. Candidates must fulfil the NPAT 2017 Registration to apply for the examination. Then, applicants have to scan the essential documents properly to avoid the cancellation of candidature.
Documents Required for NMIMS NPAT 2017 Registration
The following list of documents is required to be submitted to apply for NPAT 2017 Exam:
- Your class 10th certificate for your Date of birth proof
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheets
- Valid age proof like your driving license or Aadhar card
- Scanned copy of the passport size photograph JPEG format and the dimensions are 200 pixels (tall) x 150 pixels (width)
- Scanned copy of the signature JPEG format and the dimensions are 200 pixels (tall) x 150 pixels (width)
How to Apply for NMIMS NPAT 2017?
The steps to register online for NPAT 2017 are given below:
- The first step for a candidate is to Login into the official website
- Click on the “Register Now” Tab.
- Candidates are advised to use Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox (14 to 43) or Google Chrome (20 to 48) to fill the registration form.
- After you click on the link, NPAT 2017 Registration Form appears on the screen.
- A candidate is required to fill the below-mentioned in the registration form:
- Name Of The Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date Of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Valid Email Address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Blood Group
- After the successful submission of the NPAT Registration Form, a candidate will receive Login Details such as User ID and Password on the registered Email ID and Password
- Post receiving the log-in details, login using User ID and Password.
- Fill in the NPAT 2017 Application Form with the required details.
- Click on submit button.
NPAT 2017 Application Fee
Candidates can pay the NPAT 2017 Application Fee in online mode only. Application fee depends upon the number of schools you are applying to. The details are mentioned below:
|Number of Schools||Registration Fees|
|1 school selected||INR 1800/-|
|2 schools selected||INR 3000/-|
|3 schools selected||INR 4000/-|
|4 schools selected||INR 5000/-|
|5 schools selected||INR 6000/-|
NPAT 2017 Exam Centers
At the time of NPAT Registration, a candidate is required to choose 2 Exam Centres which is applicable for both days. They should select the Exam Centre carefully and fill the choices in the order of preference. Exam Centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances. NPAT Exam Centers are provided in the following table:
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow, Kanpur|
|Delhi||Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Greater Noida|
|Madhya Pradesh||Indore, Bhopal|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Shirpur, Pune and Nagpur|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Udaipur, Kota|
NPAT 2017 Admit Card
All the eligible candidates who have successfully registered will be called for the online test. NPAT Admit Card will be available for download on the official website at npat.in from May 8, 2017 onwards. Candidates will be informed about the release of NPAT Admit Card on their registered email ID and phone number. The steps to download NPAT Admit Card are given below:
- Visit the official website of NMIMS
- Login with registered email id and password
- Click on the NPAT 2017 admit card link
- Download and take a printout of NPAT 2017 Admit Card.
No candidate without carrying NPAT Admit Card or photograph pasted over it. will be permitted for the online test. Candidates should carry one original photo ID proof along with the photocopy of the same.
Check Here List of Documents Required at Exam Center
NPAT Exam Pattern
NPAT 2017 exam will consist of only Multiple Choice Questions. No descriptive type of questions is asked in the exam. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the test. There will be a total of 120 questions and the exam is divided into 3 sections. These sections are:
- Proficiency in the English Language,
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability,
- Reasoning & General Intelligence
A candidate will be rewarded 1 mark for everyone correct answer and ¼ marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer. The table given below shows the number of questions in each section and time allotted:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Time in Minutes|
|Proficiency in the English Language||40||120 minutes (2 hours) for the entire test|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||40|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||40|
NPAT Result 2017
NPAT Result will be declared at npat.in. The selection of candidates will be entirely based on the merit list and the preference of campuses provided by the candidates. The steps to check NPAT 2017 are given below:
- Visit official website of NPAT 2017
- Click on ‘Results’ tab
- Click on the desired programme
- Enter your NPAT 2017 ID and Date of Birth
- Verify the Captcha
- Check and take a printout of NPAT 2017 Score Card
The details that are provided on the NPAT 2017 Score Card are mentioned below:
- Marks obtained in each section
- Rank obtained
- Percentile Score
- Name of the aspirant
- Date of Birth
- Total Score secured by the aspirant
- Sectional cut off marks
Read More About NPAT Result
NPAT 2017 Cut Off & Merit List
NPAT Cut Off refers to the minimum qualifying marks required by the candidate to get admission into the desired programme. The cutoff for NPAT 2017 is based on various factors such as a total number of applicants, the number of seats and the level of difficulty of the exam.
- After the announcement of NPAT Results, candidates will be called for Counselling process for allocation of seats.
- The admission of a candidate to a particular course will depend on the NPAT 2017 Cutoff released by each institute.
- A candidate is required to score marks above the NPAT 2017 Cutoff to get admission.
- NPAT Merit List will be prepared only on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate in the exam.
- No request for alteration in NPAT Merit List in any situation will be entertained by the competent authority.
- The first round of merit list will be released on June 03, 2017.
- In case seats are left vacant after counselling and admission process, another round of merit list will be prepared.
- The second round of merit list will be released on or after June 13, 2017.
NPAT 2017 Counselling
Candidates who are able to score minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam are eligible for NPAT 2017 Counselling process. The counselling will be held at Mumbai Campus and it will be based on the Merit List released by the competent authority. In case seats are left vacant, another merit list will be prepared and so on till all the seats are filled.
Applicants have to pay the required admission fee before the designated date. NPAT 2017 Counselling will be held from June 3, 2017 to July 1, 2017.
Some important points that should be kept in mind at the time of NPAT 2017 Counselling are given below:
- Candidates are required to carry their NPAT 2017 Admit Card and Score Card at the time of Counselling.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to be present in person at the time of counselling procedure and Admission process.
- The allocation of seats is based on the marks scored by the candidate in the exam, choice and availability of seats.
- Admission fee is to be paid before on last date.
- Candidates have to meet all the eligibility criteria, if any, to get admission to the desired programme.
NPAT Selection Process
- Candidates applying for admission to Bachelor of Design, have to undergo the Group Discussion, Pen and Paper Design Test, Personal Interview and Portfolio Review at NMIMS Mumbai Campus. The detailed schedule will be mentioned in the NMAT call letter which would be made available at the official website at nmims.edu.
- Candidates will be called for further NPAT selection process on the basis of the marks obtained in NPAT 2017
- NPAT Merit list will be put up on the official website of NMIMS as per defined dates. The decision of the institute will be final in this regard and no inquiries or correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- NPAT Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate in NPAT exam.
- Admissions will be offered as per the merit ranking, waitlisted candidates have to check their merit status regularly and selected candidates should report for the payment of fees within given duration as per the defined dates.
- For completing the NPAT admission process, candidates are required to present in person.
- In NPAT counseling session, candidates will be given admission to various disciplines as per their merit, choice and availability of discipline as per eligibility criteria & vacancy of seats.
- If the candidate is selected for more than one school in the NPAT merit list and has secured admission in the preferred school; and further wishes to secure admission in the second school as per selected preference, then they will be required to cancel their admissions from the first school in order to secure admission to school of next preference. Candidate can be admitted for single school only.
- Do not plan travel on same day during NPAT counselling date.
Seats Available in NPAT 2017
Candidates will be allotted seats in various participating institutes according to the marks scored by them in the NPAT 2017 Exam. Seats once allotted will not be changed or altered in any situation. Around 2000 seats are available for candidates seeking admission in the undergraduate programme and 750 seats in the integrated programme.
The following table depicts the seat intake for B. Tech Programme:
|Programs||Mumbai Campus||Shirpur Campus|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||60||60|
Seat intake for MBA. (Tech) is represented in the following table:
|Programs||Mumbai Campus||Shirpur Campus|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||60||40|
MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA) Program is offered only in Mumbai and Shirpur Campuses. The table provided below shows the seat intake of the course:
|Program||Mumbai Campus||Shirpur Campus|
|MBA Pharma. Tech. (B. Pharm + MBA)||60||40|
Given below table represents seat intake for B.B.A. / B. Com (Hons.) / B.Sc. Finance Programme:
|Program||Mumbai Campus||Bengaluru Campus||Navi Mumbai Campus||Indore Campus|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||480||120||60||60|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.)||120||-||-||-|
The given below table represents the seat intake for B.Sc. Economics:
|Program||Mumbai Campus||Bengaluru Campus|
The table given below depicts the seat intake for Bachelor of Design course: