NIFT 2017 Results announced on the official website www.nift.ac.in. National Institute of Fashion Technology was held on February 12, 2016. The admission at all the stages of the admission process admitted by NIFT are completely provisional, on the basis of prescribed eligibility conditions. Candidates who have appeared for NIFT 2017 can download their result from the official website.
NIFT 2017 registration started from November 02, 2016 and the last date to register online for the exam was January 10, 2017. While the last date for online registration with a late fees of Rs. 5000/- in addition to the NIFT 2017 Application Fees is January 16, 2016. Situation test/ Group discussion/ Interview for admission in NIFT will later be conducted in the month of April/May 2017. NIFT 2017 Result is declared online. Post the NIFT Result declaration, NIFT Counselling will commence in the month of June 2017.
How to Check NIFT 2017 Result?
NIFT 2017 Results will be out in the month of May/ June 2017. The details of counselling i.e. the mode, procedure, etc., about the allotment of the seats is available on the official website. Candidates are advised to regularly check the website for updates about the further admission process and payment of fee. Candidates who appeared to take the examination NIFT 2017 can check their result following these steps:
- Go to the official website of NIFT.
- Click on the Result Link
- Candidates are required to enter any two of the following details - Roll Number, Date of Birth and Application Number.
- Verify all the details indicated In the NIFT 2017 Result
- Download and take printout of NIFT 2017 Result
Things to Note
- If on verification, the candidate is not eligible to take admission, his/her candidature will be cancelled without any further notice.
- NIFT will not be liable of any consequences of such cancellation.
- As mentioned, only passing in the test does not result in the admission. If NIFT is not satisfied with the past behavior of the candidate, they shall have the authority to cancel the admission.
- If at any stage it is found that the candidate has taken the admission by giving any false information or hiding any facts, his/her admission will be cancelled without any notice and the fee deposited by the candidate will be forfeited by the Director.
- In any case the documents produced are in any other language than Hindi or English should be produced duly verified by the issuing institution/ gazette officer/ Self attested (original and photocopy). If candidates fail to produce any of those documents will lead refusal of admission.
NIFT 2017 Weightage for Selection
On the basis of result of the written test GAT and CAT, selected candidates will be called for a second test called Situation Test. However, for B.F.Tech candidates GAT will be the final test for selection. The candidates applied for M.Des will take GAT and CAT. The candidates applied for M.Des will be selected on the basis of GAT and CAT and those applied for M.FTech. and MFM will be selected on the basis of GAT only. All these selected candidates will then be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI).
The weightage assigned to each test in the exam will be as under:
For NIFT Bachelor Programmes
SITUATION TEST 20%
For NIFT Master Programmes
Read More:NIFT 2017 Seat Matrix
NIFT 2017 Seat Allotment
Complete details of the NIFT Counselling Process will be uploaded on the official website of NIFT. Following documents with their photocopies will be required in the allotment process.
- Original Certificates of passing 12th/ degree (Marksheet and certificates). In case of a post graduate candidate, he/she needs to bring the marksheet and certificate of the qualifying examination. Marksheet of Secondary School Exam will be accepted as the certificate of the authenticity of age. In case the candidate is appearing for the qualifying exam, the admit card and the datesheet of the exam should be produced at the time of counselling. Also some scanned copies of those copies should be brought in a CD or a pen drive to upload them on the NIFT server at the time of counselling.
- Bank Draft(s) as to the amount of the fee paid in favour of NIFT HO has to be brought.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-No creamy and Physically handicapped category need to bring a supporting certificate. The domicile will be decided as per the address in the marksheet of the Secondary School Certificate.
- Basis of funding tuition fee/ certificate of the parent’s income e.g. Income Tax Return of 2015-16, Salary Certificate of March 2016 etc.
- Certificate of medical Fitness to be signed by a professional medical practitioner in the prescribed format prescribed in original for all the candidates.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking provisional admission only in case, the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared (in the format at Annexure-I).
- An undertaking regarding refund of fee should be produced by all the candidates appearing for the counselling.