NIFT 2017 Results, Answer Key and Cut off
NIFT 2017 (National Institute of Fashion Technology) exam concluded on February 12, 2017. National Institute of Fashion Technology has scheduled the NIFT Situation Test 2017 and GD PI round in April- May 2017. The shortlisted candidates have to clear this round to get into NIFT colleges.
Post the Selection Procedure, the conducting body will release the NIFT Results by end of May 2017. The results can be checked via online mode only. They are available for checking and downloading on the official website of NIFT- nift.ac.in.
NIFT is a national level exam organized by National Institute of Fashion Technology. The NIFT entrance exam consists of 2 written exams- CAT (Creative Aptitude Test) and GAT (General Ability Test). Before preparing for the exam, a candidate should know about NIFT Syllabus. The exams mode of examination is pen- paper i.e. Offline mode. The CAT exam will be of 3 hours and GAT will be of 2 hours.
|NIFT Results 2017||NIFT Selection Process||NIFT Cut off||NIFT 2017 Counselling|
NIFT Important Dates 2017
NIFT 2017 was successfully conducted on February 12, 2017. Now, National Institute of Fashion Technology will schedule the NIFT Situation Test and GDPI for final selection of the candidates. The other important dates are given in the following table.
|NIFT Admission Form 2017 last date||January 10, 2017|
|NIFT Admission Form (with late fee of Rs. 5000/-) last date||January 16, 2017|
|NIFT Admit Card 2017 (Online)||January 21, 2017|
|Written Exam Date of NIFT 2017||February 12, 2017|
|NIFT Situation Test/ Group Discussion & Interview||April- May, 2017|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2017||March 30, 2017 (11:00 am)|
|NIFT Counselling 2017||June 2017 onwards|
Read More: NIFT 2017 Exam Dates
What is NIFT?
- NIFT full form is National Institute of Fashion Technology.
- It is an elite fashion Institute of Design, Management & Technology.
- It holds an entrance exam every year for candidates seeking admission in various UG and PG programmes offered at various NIFT Campus.
- NIFT has 16 campuses at Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Raebareli, Shillong and Srinagar.
- NIFT entrance 2017 is scheduled on February 12, 2017.
- The NIFT Admission will be based on the NIFT Written Exam score (CAT and GAT) and performance in NIFT Situation Test and GDPI.
NIFT Result 2017
The tentative date for declaration of NIFT Results 2017 will be in the final week of May/ June 2017. Candidates can check their results on the official website of NIFT. The steps for checking the final result of NIFT 2017 admissions is explained below.
- Visit the official site of NIFT- nift.ac.in
- Click on the ‘Result’ Link
- Candidates are required to enter any two of the following details - Roll Number, Date of Birth and Application Number.
- Verify all the details indicated In the NIFT 2017 Result
- Download and take a printout of NIFT Result.
NOTE: Candidates should contact NIFT office in case of any discrepancy in the information mentioned on NIFT 2017 Rank Card.
NIFT Cut Off 2017
NIFT Colleges release the respective NIFT Cut off post the successful conduct of NIFT Entrance Exam. NIFT Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate should score in NIFT exam to get admission to their desired institute. After the announcement of NIFT Result 2017, qualified candidates have to appear for further levels. They will have to go through the NIFT Situation Test and GDPI for final selection.
Read More NIFT 2017 Cutoff
NIFT 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of NIFT 2017 involves various special tests for final selection. The successful applicants for Bachelor of Design (B. Des) course have to appear for the Situation Test. For admission in Masters in Fashion Technology (M. F. Tech.) and Masters in Fashion Management (MFM), candidates will appear for Group Discussion (GD)/Personal Interview (PI) on the basis of GAT score.
For admission to Masters in Design (M. Des), candidates will appear for GD/PI on the basis of CAT and GAT score. Candidates applying for B.F. Tech. are selected on the basis of GAT score. Weightage for selection in different courses are in the table below.
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||50%|
|Master of Design||CAT||40%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
Read More:Selection Procedure of NIFT 2017
NIFT Counselling 2017
NIFT Counselling for admission to various UG and PG courses commences in June 2017. There will be multiple rounds of counselling at the 15 Campuses of NIFT 2017. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website of NIFT with their login credentials i.e. NIFT Application Number, Date of Birth and Password.
There is no counselling fee for first round of NIFT 2017 counselling. But for subsequent rounds, the prescribed counselling fee is Rs. 5000/-. Candidates participating in the process has to select a campus for participating in the NIFT Counselling. Candidates will receive a “System Generated Letter”, SMSes and emails on their registered mobile number and email ID after registering for NIFT Counselling 2017. It will have the details of Nodal Officer and documents required to carried on the day of counselling.
Candidates should reach the counselling venue with the mandatory documents. After the document verification, candidates are called for seat allotment in order of their merit rank. The seats are offered as per the seat availability at that point of time. The Campus/Course /Category-wise seat availability chart would be displayed at all the NIFT campuses.
Read More: NIFT Participating Institutes
NIFT Reservation Criteria 2017
National Institute of Fashion Technology has reserved few seats for the candidates belonging to reserved categories such as SC, ST and OBC-NCL and Differently abled categories (PHP). Candidates belonging to the categories mentioned can claim the seats as per the NIFT 2017 Reservation Criteria. Supernumerary seats are also reserved for candidates applying under Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI and State Domicile category. The seat reservation for various reserved categories are indicated in the table below.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC) Non-Creamy||27%|
|Differently Abled Person (PHP)||3% Horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (having or more disability)|
|Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI||15% (Supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
Note: Candidates claiming reservation will only be admitted if they fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by NIFT. The category once indicated in the NIFT application form cannot be changed at any stage.
Read More:Seat Matix of NIFT 2017
NIFT Eligibility 2017
The national level entrance exam is held for various UG and PG fashion and design Programmes. Hence, the NIFT Eligibility for each of the programme is also different. Candidates applying for programmes in fashion technology and designing field should carefully go through the NIFT Eligibility.
NIFT Undergraduate Programmes
For B.Des. Programme
The courses offered for 4 years under this programme are as follows:
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
The basic eligibility for a candidate under this programme is that a candidate should have passed 10+2 class from a recognised Board of Education.
For B.F.Tech Programme
The course offered under this programme for 4 years is Apparel Production. The basic eligibility criteria for a candidate is that he/ she should have passed 10+2 class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board of Education.
General Eligibility for both the UG Programmes
- Candidates from General Category maximum age should be 23 years as on October 01, 2016.
- Candidates from Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Differently Abled Person (PHP) will be given 5 Years relaxation.
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized education board of India.
- Candidates who have successfully cleared 3- 4 Year diploma which is recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education are also eligible to apply for NIFT 2017.
- For the candidates applying for Apparel Production, having Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard is important.
NIFT Postgraduate Programmes
For M.Des. Programme
The course under this programme is Design Space. The basic requirement for any interested candidate is, one should possess a Bachelor Degree from any Institute/ University recognised by law in India. Or should have a Diploma of minimum 3 years duration in UG Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) or National Institute of Design (NID).
For M.F.M Programme
In this programme, a candidate should have a Bachelor Degree from any Institute/ University recognised by law in India or Undergraduate Diploma of minimum 3 years duration from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) or National Institute of Design (NID).
For M.F.Tech Programme
For this, it is important for a candidate to have done Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech.) from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.E )/ Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
General Eligibility for PG Programmes:
- There is no age bar for NIFT 2017 Postgraduate Courses for the candidates.
- For M.Des and M.F.M programme, candidates are required to possess a bachelor degree. They should make sure that the degree is from a recognized University.
- For M.F. Tech course, candidates should have cleared B.F.Tech. from NIFT or B. E/ B.Tech from any University/ Institute recognized by law of India.
- The candidates who appeared for NIFT and cleared the same successfully are also eligible to appear for the exam.
It is important for all the interested candidates to meet the eligibility standards. If they fail to meet the standards, they will not be allowed to give the entrance exam of NIFT 2017.
Read More:NIFT Eligibility 2017
NIFT Admission Form 2017
NIFT Registration 2017 concluded on January 10, 2017. Candidates can apply for admission to NIFT 2017 through online mode only. Candidates should go through the NIFT Eligibility 2017 before filling the Form.
Login to the NIFT Official site to apply for admissions to various courses offered at NIFT Colleges. Candidates should visit the website and click on ‘Apply Now’. They can follow the steps mentioned below to complete the Application process.
- The NIFT Fee is different for all the categories. For General/OBC (Non- Creamy) Category- Rs. 1500/- and for SC/ST/PHP category- Rs. 750/-.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.5000/- in case of late registration.
- Candidates can check the status of their NIFT Application Form by visiting the official website of NIFT 2017.
Read More: NIFT 2017 Application Form
NIFT Admit Card 2017
NIFT Admit Card is available for download on the official website of NIFT. Candidates will not receive the Admit Cards via post. Hence, candidates are required to download it online. NIFT Admit Card is a necessary document for appearing in the NIFT Entrance Exam.
How to Download NIFT Admit Card 2017?
Candidates can download the NIFT Admit card on January 21, 2017 (1 pm). Candidates are advised to follow the steps below to download their Admit card for NIFT 2017.
- Candidates should make sure to verify the details mentioned on their NIFT Admit Card 2017. In case of any discrepancy, they should contact :- NIFT Campus, Hauz Khas, Near Gulmohar Park, New Delhi. T: (011) 26867704, 26542148/49/59; F: (011) 26542151.
- Also, they should make sure to save the soft copy of their Admit Card.
NIFT 2017 Exam Pattern
The NIFT Entrance Exam is conducted for evaluating a candidate on different parameters like aptitude, skills and knowledge about the field. For this, the NIFT exam is usually divided into four sections which are:
- Creative ability test (CAT)
- General ability test (GAT)
- Situation test
- Group discussion/ Personal Interview
NIFT Exams- CAT and GAT will be conducted in an offline mode (pen-paper based). The questions are to be answered in English. GAT exam for B.Des. and M.Des. is 2 hours (120 minutes) and for B.F.Tech and M.F.Tech and for M.F.M is 3 hours (180 minutes).
Read More: NIFT Exam Pattern
What is CAT in NIFT?
CAT (Creative Ability Test) is held to test a candidate’s skills in sketching, adeptness in use of colors and inventiveness. Also, the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability is examined.
Time Duration: 03 hours (180 minutes)
Maximum Mark: 100 marks
Note: Candidate is required to attempt all the questions. Also, water colors can not be used in the exam. Check out- NIFT CAT Sample Papers
What is GAT in NIFT?
GAT (General Ability Test) exam is held to check a candidate’s general skills and knowledge in subjects- Quantitative ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability and General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
Time Duration:02 hours (120 minutes)
Maximum Marks: 100 marks
Candidates qualifying the written examination will then appear for NIFT Situation Test, Group Discussions and Personal Interview as per the requirement of the course. Check out- NIFT GAT Sample Papers
What is Situation Test in NIFT?
This exam is designed to evaluate and test a candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability as per the given situation with the material provided.
Time Duration: 03 hours (180 minutes)
Maximum Marks: 100 marks
Also, candidates can refer to the NIFT entrance exam Sample Papers to practice and test their progress.