KEA (Karnataka Education Authority) has invited applications from NEET 2017 rank holders seeking admission in MBBS/BDS programs offered by various medical colleges of Karnataka. All the desirous applicants need to participate in the KCET(Karnataka Common Enterance Test) 2017 counselling process.
- From 2017-18 academic session onwards, KEA will not hold separate entrance examination for admission to MBBS and BDS courses following supreme court’s historic judgement on single common entrance test (NEET UG) for medical courses.
- However, KCET will be conducted for all other courses as usual such as Engineering, ISMH, Farm Science, BV.Sc and B.Pharm.
- Candidates who qualify in NEET 2017 and have a domicile of Karnataka state are eligible to obtain admission in MBBS and BDS courses based on their NEET score.
- NEET UG 2017 was conducted successfully by CBSE on May 07, 2017
Important Dates for KCET 2017 Medical Admissions
Candidates can check the important dates below for KCET 2017 Registration
|Starting of Online Application Process||June 03, 2017|
|Last date to fill KCET 2017 Application Form with NEET Score||June 20, 2017|
|Last date to pay the application fee in specified bank/e-post office||June 20, 2017|
Note: Candidates are registered with KCET 2017 and have also appeared for NEET 2017, are required to enter their roll number and registration number of NEET 2017 on the official website of KEA. Such candidates don’t have to register or pay the fee again.
KCET 2017 Admission Process for Medical Courses
Medical aspirants taking part in the KCET 2017 Counselling can go through the admission process mentioned below for admission to MBBS and BDS Programs.
- All applicants who have attempted NEET 2017 can register themselves on the official website of KCET 2017.
- Post registration candidates have to download the bank challan to pay the registration fees.
- KCET has a thorough filtering method to screen applicants based on their NEET rank.
- The seat allotment and counselling process is broadly divided into three stages:
- Verification of documents by applicants at designated helpline centers
- Applicants have to fill in their choices for colleges/disciplines/courses
- Seat allotment is done by KEA, based on the choices and priorities filled by candidates in the option entry process.
Eligibility for KCET 2017 Medical Counselling
- The admission to medical and dental courses depends on your NEET 2017 score. So, all those who attempted NEET exam are invited to register themselves on KCET’s official portal (kea.kar.nic.in) for admission.
- Candidates must have scored atleast 50% in 10+2 or equivalent exam. Reserved category candidates are given a relaxation of 10% in this aggregate score.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50 percentile in NEET (40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category)
KCET 2017 Medical Counselling Application Process
To apply for KCET 2017 Medical Counselling, candidates need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official website kea.kar.nic.in and choose “Online Registration for NEET Appeared Candidates”
- Click on “New User? Click Here to Register” displayed on the home page of your online application form. Fill in all the required information.
- Then click on “submit” option
- After the Login Prompt is shown, you are required to enter the User ID and Password
- You will be logged in successfully. Look for “Student information” and add the details.
- Save the information provided
- The applicants have to enter their study details and choose “Save and Next” button.
- Now, you will be asked to upload your scanned passport size photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression and your parent’s signature. Then select “Save and Next” button.
- Then take a printout of the challan copy which is in triplicate.
- Applicants of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of INR 650 for General and OBC (INR 500/- for SC / ST). The fees have to be paid the in any of the branch of specified Banks / e-Post Office.
- The bank / e-Post Office will keep their copy of the challan and return the remaining two copies of the challan back to the applicants.
- Take the printout of the application form on A-4 Size sheet of paper.
- Attach your latest passport size photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression in the space provided.
- Candidates have to get the principal seal and signature from the college where they have studied 10+2 or equivalent exam
Piece of advice here is to precisely confirm your selections and if any alterations are required, you can do so by logging into your account any number of times before the final declaration.