VITEEE Counselling 2017 will be held for admissions to undergraduate courses of engineering (B.Tech) in VIT University. VITEEE Counselling 2017 will be held in month of May 2017. After VITEEE 2017 Result is declared, candidates will be called for the counselling process. Candidates will have to be present at the centre allotted to them to participate in VITEEE Counselling 2017.
Candidates will be summoned according to their ranks in VITEEE, in two phases. Each candidate will be given a specific time slot for a particular day as per their ranks for the counselling. The details of the procedure for counselling and documents required are given in this article. Qualifying candidates are advised to go through a set of guidelines to help in smooth running of the process.
VITEEE will be held from April 5, 2017 to April 16, 2017 this year. The results for VITEEE will be declared on or before April 24, 2017 on the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in.
VITEEE 2017 Counselling Highlights
|VITEEE Counselling 2017 will be held in||May 2017|
|VITEEE Counselling Dates 2017 will release at||www.vit.ac.in|
|Number of Counselling rounds||2|
|Selection will depend on||Merit and branch preference|
|VITEEE Fee after selection||INR 50,000 (includes counselling fee of INR 10,000)|
|Mode of Fee payment||Online/ Demand Draft|
VITEEE Counselling Dates 2017
The Counselling for VITEEE 2017 will be held in the 1st and 2nd week of May 2017. The detailed schedule will be put up on the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in in the month of April. Candidates must attend the counselling sessions of both the phases. Phase 1 counselling is for rank-holders upto rank 20,000 whereas, Phase 2 counselling will be held later in the month of May. They will be notified about the procedure. The counselling schedule is given below:
|1 – 8000||May 10, 2017||Wednesday|
|8001 – 14000||May 11, 2017||Thursday|
|14001 – 20000||May 12, 2017||Friday|
|20001 – 25000||May 15, 2017||Monday|
|25001 – 40000||May 16, 2017||Tuesday|
|40001 – 55000||May 17, 2017||Wednesday|
|55001 – 70000||May 18, 2017||Thursday |
|70001 – 85000||May 19, 2017||Friday|
|85001 – 99999||May 22, 2017||Monday|
VITEEE Counselling Procedure 2017
The counselling procedure for allocating different branches of engineering is based on the All India Rank in VITEEE 2017. Eligible students must register for counselling on the website of VIT. Only the registered aspirants can attend the VITEEE Counselling 2017 round. Candidates must follow the below steps to participate in VITEEE Counselling 2017:
- Register for VITEEE Counselling 2017
- Candidates will be informed through SMS about the schedule of VITEEE Counselling 2017
- Visit the required VITEEE Counselling Centre and present documents
- Slot and day-wise vacant seats will be updated by VIT
- Date and time of VITEEE Counselling 2017 will not change under any circumstance
- In case a candidate fails to reach the centre, his seat will be offered to the next candidate in order of merit
- In special cases (inevitable/unforeseen/unavoidable reasons) if some examinee is not able to participate in VITEEE counselling 2017 personally on the specified date and time, then he can appear for counselling on a subsequent date and time. For this, he has to inform the VITEEE 2017 office in this regard. Secondly, the candidate has to accept whichever branch is available at that time.
- In case a qualified candidate’s marksheet is not received before the scheduled day of counselling, he has to produce an undertaking mentioning that if the candidate fails to qualify as per the rules, then he/she will give up their seat.
Instructions for VITEEE Counselling Centre
Information for allocation of seats will be put up on the VIT website on the day of declaration of results. There guidelines for the counselling process are given below:
- It is mandatory to carry the counselling admit card. It can be obtained from the VIT website after the declaration of VITEEE 2017 Result. Candidate should fill in the details and keep a copy for the process.
- Candidate should be present at the allotted centre and time for counselling as per their rank.
- According to a candidate’s rank, his identity and documents will be verified. Then, the candidate must enter his digital signature as assurance of being present for the counselling.
- The number of seats available and the list of branches will be displayed on the screen.
- The candidate must fill in his choices for securing a seat.
- A seat will be allotted to the aspirant in accordance with his rank and choice. If he/she wishes to confirm the seat, an advance fee must be paid.
- Selected candidates must submit a DD for INR 50,000/-, drawn in the favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. This fee is to be submitted only on confirmation of admission to the branch allotted to the candidate. The counselling process fee is INR 10,000/- and it is non-refundable. It will be adjusted in the tuition fees when the candidate joins the University.
Check VITEEE Cutoff 2017
Documents required for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
Candidates must produce the following documents for verification in original along with two photocopies, at the specified VITEEE Counselling Centre. Any candidate without these documents cannot participate in the counselling process. The list of documents is given below:
|VITEEE 2017 e-Admit card||Caste certificate (if applicable)|
|VITEEE Counselling Admit card||Nativity certificate ((For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura).|
|VITEEE Score card||Demand Draft for INR 50,000 (Advance payment)|
|Proof of birth (birth certificate, class 10th board certificate, etc.)||Physical fitness certificate|
|12th std Mark memo (if available)|| |
VITEEE 2017 Seat Allotment
The qualifying students will be allotted seats with reference to their rank, choice of course and availability of seats. Allotment of branch and Campus is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. The candidate must decide for certain whether he wants to join the program based on the branch allotted to him before paying the fees.
Read about VITEEE Fee Structure 2017
Important Guidelines for VITEEE 2017 Counselling
VIT Counselling has a specific set of guidelines for the participating students. It is advisable to go through these guidelines to avoid any confusion at the time of admission and counselling.
- The information regarding counselling dates will be put up on the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in. The qualified candidates will also be notified via text messages after results are declared.
- The selection of candidates and their admission to various courses offered by the VIT University in all their campuses will be followed through a single window for counselling.
- The number of short-listed candidates is more than the number of available seats due to a number of absentees.
- The qualification of a candidate in VITEEE 2017 and attending the counselling process does not guarantee him a seat.
- The details of the various branches of engineering offered under the B.Tech program in the current year, the total number of seats allocated to each branch at the time of counselling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counselling centre to enable the candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability of seats, the candidate will be then allotted a branch.
- If a candidate is not able to attend the counselling on the specified day and time due to some issue, he can do so on a subsequent day after informing the authorities. However, he will have to opt for a course available at that time. The candidate cannot claim a course he could have gotten at his original turn.
- The number of available seats for each branch after admission of students will be updated as the counselling proceeds. Candidates can visit the VIT website for this information.
- If a candidate has not received the mark memo of the qualifying exam, he must sign an undertaking which states that if he fails his seat shall be surrendered.
- Report to the counselling centre well in advance.
- No change of date or time for counselling is permissible.
- Students hailing from Andhra Pradesh / Telangana Intermediate Board of Education should make it a point to submit their Pass Certificate Cum Memorandum of Marks at the time of admission.
- A student once enrolled for a course, is expected to complete the same. He cannot withdraw from the University without informing the Registrar in writing. Otherwise he will be liable to pay fees for the period his name remains on the rolls.
- Candidates should report to classes within 7 days from the date of commencement of classes, failing which, the admission granted will be cancelled automatically and fees will stand forfeited.
- Violation of any instruction can make the candidate ineligible for admission.