LPUNEST 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
LPUNEST 2017 will be conducted online from April 10, 2017 to April 30, 2017, across various cities of India. The exam would be conducted in online mode. Candidates should carefully go through the LPUNEST Exam Pattern for different streams – engineering, management, law, hotel management, design, agriculture and applied medical sciences.
All the questions will be in Multiple Choice Questions format (MCQs). There will be no negative marking in the exam. Candidates must carefully go through the section wise weightage and pattern of questions for the courses they want to apply at LPU.
LPUNEST is conducted every year by Lovely Professional University for admission to various academic programs offered by it. LPUNEST is conducted in Computer based format divided among 4 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English for a total of 400 Marks. The Syllabus of LPUNEST is of 10+2 level. The level of difficulty of questions asked in the test is at par with the Class XII standard.
LPUNEST Result will declared on the official site in the month of May – 2017. Counselling sessions would be separately carried out for all the courses. LPUNEST was introduced in 2009 as a common entrance and scholarship test for all the aspirants from different streams.
The Physics Section of LPUNEST as mentioned will be at par with 10+2 level. The major topics asked in the section are listed below. The Topics are categorized under separate units to provide a clear idea to the candidates. Each topic mentioned below is important and should be studied carefully for candidates to excel in the exam.
|Laws of Motion|
|Work, Power & Energy|
|Properties of solids and liquids|
|Kinetic theory of gasses|
|Gravitation, Kinematics & Oscillation||Kinematics|
|Physics & Measurement|
|Waves & Oscillation|
|Atomic Structures & Optics||Dual nature of matter and radiation|
|Atoms & Nuclei|
|Electricity & Magnetism||Current Electricity|
|Magnetic effects of current & magnetism|
|Electronics & Electrical||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Electromagnetic induction & alternating currents|
Check LPUNEST B.Tech Syllabus
Some topics are pretty important in every subject and we all know it. So, we did an analysis and came up with the ones that you shouldn’t miss in your preparation for LPU NEST. Check them out.
1. Electrostatics: A high scoring topic that needs clarity of concepts. There are almost four questions that are asked every year in the LPU NEST exam.
Book for Electrostatics- Concepts of Physics by H C Verma is a good book for electrostatics as it contains good quality of solved numerical problems
2. Oscillation and Waves: Once the basic concepts are clear, read the Concepts of Physics by H C Verma to study this in depth.
3. Modern Physics: One of the important topics for both LPU NEST 2017, this is a scoring topic. Check out sub-topics such as radioactive decay of substances, nuclear fission and fusion, dual nature of matter and X-rays. Don’t forget the Bohr’s model while studying this one. The trick is to study and practice the numerical questions in this topic also. NCERT is best to get the basics right. Then move on to Concepts of Physics by H C Verma for the theory and 3000 Solved Problems in Physics by Schaum for the numerical problems.
4. Optics: A relatively easy topic, it also happens to be a scoring one too. While studying this don’t foget to check the Huygen’s principles. You can score well as this topic is easy as well as important. Read Understanding Physics for LPU NEST, Advanced Optics & Modern Physics by DC Pandey to get a grip on this topic.
As part of the LPU NEST Preparation Tips for Physics, we bring to you those topics which are important as a good amount of question from them will be asked in the LPU NEST exam. The LPU NEST 2017 preparation for Physics must include these topics as every mark counts and these topics count too.
1. Magnetics- LPU NEST in 40 Days by ARIHANT, Understanding Physics for LPU NEST are books that will help you sail through.
2. Electromagnetic Induction and AC- Numerical problems from this topic generally are asked in LPU NEST. Brush up Faraday’s Law while studying this. Read Concepts of Physics by H C Verma to get better in this topic.
3. Current Electricity- Ohm’s law, colour code for resistors, characteristic of ohmic and nonohmic conductors are some topics that need to be emphasized on. Use Concepts of Physics by H C Verma to hone them up.
4. Waves- Sub-topics like principle of superposition of waves, simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation, Doppler Effect in sound are scoring topics. Give more importance to them.
The topics given below are not placed very high in the reading order but it is advisable to read them at least once and know the concepts.
The engineering entrance exam conducted by LPU is an online exam. LPU-NEST exam paper consists of multiple choice objective type questions.
Candidates can either opt to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology entrance exam depending on the course they are applying for.
The language of instruction for this engineering entrance exam is English only.
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hrs. 30 min.) and consists of 110 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks per subject|
|Physics||30 questions||4 Marks||120 Marks|
|Chemistry||30 questions||4 Marks||120 Marks|
|Mathematics/ Biology||30 questions||4 Marks||120 Marks|
|English||20 questions||2 Marks||40 Marks|
Know About LPUNEST 2017
Question 1: The photoelectric effect was discovered by: -
Question 2: An electron, a proton and a deuteron and an α-particle have same linear momenta. Which one of them possesses least kinetic energy?
Question 3: Three equal masses P, Q and R are pulled with a constant force F. They are connected to each other with strings. The ratio of the tension between PQ and QR is: -
Question 4: To avoid slipping while walking on ice one should take larger steps because of the: -
a) Larger normal reaction
b) Smaller normal reaction
c) Smaller friction
d) Larger friction
Question 5: If the Earth shrinks in its radius by 4%, mass remaining the same, the value of 'g' on its surface: -
a) Remains constant
b) Decreases by about 8%
c) Increases by about 8%
d) Decreases by about 4%
As part of the LPU NEST Preparation Tips for Physics, we want you to get a strong grip on most of the topics in Physics and for that the following books can be used for reference and further study.
|Name of the book||Author||Description||ISBN Number|
|Concepts of Physics||H C Verma||The book is useful for Mechanics, Electrostatics, Optics, Modern Physics, Heat and waves and it contains good quality of solved numerical problems.||8177091875|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov||This book contains high level of problems and is good for modern physics, mechanics, electricity and mechanism||8123902514|
|Arihant Physics||D. C. Pandey||It consists of solved problems||9350941732|
|Elements of Dynamics||S. L. Loney||Check this book for better understanding||8174731342|
|Advanced level Physics||Nelson and Parker||Good for LPU NEST & Advanced also||043592303X|
|NCERT Physics||Text Books for Basics||Class XI and Class XII books for CBSE|
|University Physics||Sears and Zemansky||It consists of good numerical problems.||032173338X|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Resnick, Halliday, Walker||This book is good for electricity and magnetism, heat, mechanics||1118230647|
LPU organizes scholarship exam for admission to MC ...
The LPUNEST is conducted for Admission to MBA/ PGD ...
The Registration for LPU NEST is on roll. The entr ...