UPSC is inviting application for multiple posts such as Medical Officers, Regional Director, Skipper, Assistant Professor (Clinical haematology) and Assistant Professor (Pathology). There are 83 vacancies in total. Interested candidates can apply through UPSC official website before March 2, 2017. The application fee is Rs.25/- (twenty-five only). However, there is no fee for SC/ST/OBC and female candidates. Candidates will be selected on the basis of written test and shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview.
All the posts for UPSC Recruitment and the total number of vacancies for each post is indicated in the table below.
|Post Name||No. of Posts||Last Date|
|Regional Director||02||March 2, 2017|
|Assistance Professor (clinical haematology)||11|
|Assistance Professor (pathology)||08|
UPSC Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants are advised to carefully go through the individual eligibility criteria before they apply online.
A. Regional Director
- Candidate should possess post graduate in Microbiology/ Botany/ Mycology/ Agriculture/ Agronimy/ Horticulture from recognized university.
- They must have 10 years’ experience in the field of research and development of bio fertilizer
- A Ph.D. in any of the subject specified.
- Candidate should have certificate of competency as second hand of fishing vessel issued by the Mercantile Marine Department of Government of India.
- They should also possess a 3 years’ sea experience on board mechanized vessel
- They should have a certificate of Skipper of fishing vessel issued by Mercantile Marine Department
C. Assistant Professor (Clinical haematology) / Assistant Professor (Pathology)
- Candidate should have a MBBS degree or a post graduate degree in concerned specialty
- The candidate should have completed a doctor of Medicine/ Philosophy/ Science (clinical haematology/pathology/paediatrics etc.) with 2 years of special training.
- They should have 3 years’ teaching experience as Sr. Resident/Tutor Demonstrator/ Registrar.
- Candidate should have recognized Medical qualification as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- They must have also completed Compulsory rotating internship.
- Candidates who have not completed the mandatory rotating internship are also eligible to apply provided that they complete the internship before the stipulated date of appointment.
The age limit for various posts in UPSC Recruitment 2017 is mentioned below in the table:
|Post Name ||Age |
|Regional Director||50 Years|
|Assistance Professor (clinical haematology)||40 years|
|Assistance Professor (pathology)||40 years|
|Medical Officer||30 years|
Note: There are 5 Years age relaxation for SC/ST/Ex-service man candidates and 3 Years for OBC candidates.
To apply for various posts for UPSC recruitment, applicants must satisfy the following nationality criteria:
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate who are subjects of Nepal/Bhutan /Tibet are also eligible for UPSC Recruitment 2017
- PIO candidates who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam are eligible to apply for these posts.
Steps to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2017
Candidates can apply for various posts through the online recruitment application portal of UPSC. The last date
- Candidates have to first visit the ORA (Online Recruitment Application) Portal, upsconline.nic.in/ora/VacancyNoticePub.php
- The list of posts will appear in your window.
- Click on apply now corresponding to the desirable post.
- The Registration form will appear now fill your Personal details such as Name, Gender, DOB, Father’s Name, educational qualification and residence address etc.
- Candidates must upload educational, Date of Birth, experience, community, physically handicapped certificate within a pdf and the size of pdf will not be exceed 2 MB.
NOTE: The requirement to upload documents is only applicable for candidates who are apply for the post of medical officers in Andaman and Nicobar.
Payment of Application Fee
The stipulated application fee for UPSC Recruitment 2017 is INR 25/- only. Candidate can pay fee either online or offline mode. If candidate chooses the online mode then he/she can pay fee by visa/master credit/debit card. If candidate chooses offline mode then download the pay in slip and deposit cash in the nearest branch of SBI.
NOTE: There is no fee for SC/ST/OBC and woman candidates.
UPSC Recruitment 2017 Pay Scale
The pay scale and emoluments for various posts inUPSC Recruitment 2017 is mentioned in the table below.
|Post name||Pay scale|
|Regional Director||Rs. 15,600-39,100/- |
|Assistance Professor (clinical haematology)||Rs. 15,600-39,100/-|
|Assistance Professor (pathology)||Rs. 15,600-39,100/-|
NOTE: NPA, DA and TRA allowances are admissible for all the above mentioned posts.
UPSC Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview conducted by the Commission. All the applicants would be shortlisted for the interview round on the basis of information provided them in the online application form. Information would be thoroughly scrutinized and in case of any false information provided by the applicants, their candidature would be summarily rejected.
List of documents required to be presented at the time of UPSC Recruitment 2017 interview is mentioned below.
- Class 10th or matriculation or equivalent certificate indicating date of birth
- Certification of Degree/Diploma pursued by the candidate along with marksheets related to all the academic years as proof of academic qualification
- Order letter for claiming equivalent Educational qualifications, mentioning the authority (with number and date)
- Certificate of experience in the prescribed proforma issued by the Head of the organization/department for the total experience claimed. It should contain duration of employment (date, month and year), basic & consolidated pay, nature of duties.
- Caste certificate in the prescribed proforma for claiming reservation under SC/ST/OBC category
- Declaration to be provided by OBC candidate in the prescribed format indicating that he/she does not belong to creamy layer
- Certificate of disability in the prescribed proforma to be provided by Physically Handicapped candidates issued by a Medical Board constituted by the central or a state government
- All the candidates have to provide printout of online application and Original documents/certificates along with self-attested copies are required to be presented at the time of interview.
Important Instructions for UPSC Recruitment 2017
Candidates planning to apply for UPSC Recruitment 2017 can check the important instructions which are given below;
- Candidates can apply for more than one post.
- If candidate applies multiple times for the same post then fee will be charged against the number of times candidate has applied.
- Application Fee once submitted will not be adjusted under any circumstance.
- All the candidates are advised to apply well before the closing date to avoid in any inconvenience.