East Coast Railway invites applications under Scouts & Guides Quota. The Applications for RRB Recruitment 2017 are invited from Indian nationals who are active members of Bharat Scouts & Guides. The Notification regarding the employment was released on January 24, 2017.
The total number of vacancies against Scouts & Guides Quota is 8. The selection of the eligible candidates is conducted separately. Candidates are required to apply separately for both grade pay. The separate examination will be conducted for both posts.
The following table shows the Scouts & Guides Quota vacancies in East coast railway along with the grade pay and pay band:
|Pay Band-1 (6th CPC)||Grade Pay in Rs.||Unit/ No. of Vacancies||Total|
|INR 5200||INR 1900||2||-||-||-||2|
|INR 5800||INR 1800||-||2||2||2||6|
These posts are opened for all category candidates but candidates belong to SC/ ST/ OBC category can apply against relaxation in age limit.
RRB Recruitment (Scouts and Guides) 2017 Eligibility:
To apply against Scouts & Guides posts through RRB Recruitment in Grade pay INR 1900 and grade pay INR 1800 candidates need to check the following qualification.
Scouting/ Guiding Qualification:
- Candidates should be a President Scout/ Guide/ Rover/ Ranger or Himalayan Wood Badge in any section.
- Candidates must be an active member of Scouts Organization for the last 5 years along with having ‘Certificate of Activeness’.
- Candidates should attend two events at National Level or All Indian Railways level and two events at the state level.
Candidates who are waiting for their result or appearing for examination are not eligible to apply. On the other hand, Requirement of educational qualification for both the posts in Grade pay Rs. 1900/- and grade pay Rs. 1900is explained below.
|Grade Pay Rs.||Educational Qualification||Marks obtained|
|1900||Candidates must pass in 12th or equivalent examination from the recognised institutions Or Candidate must pass in Matriculation or equivalent from recognised board along with ITI certificate for Technical Categories posts.||Candidates must not obtain less than 50% aggregate marks Or NTPC categories must require 50% aggregate marks. Or Candidates belong to SC/ ST/ Ex- servicemen and possess higher education like graduation /post graduation are not required to obtain 50% marks.|
|1800||Candidates must pass 10th standard or ITI or equivalent examination from recognised board.||-|
The following table shows the age limit of various categories as on July 1, 2017 for both the posts in Grade pay Rs. 1900 and grade pay Rs. 1800 are as below:
|Grade Pay in Rs.||Categories|
|1900||18-29 Years||18-32 Years||18-34 Years|
|1800||18-32 Years||18-35 Years||18-37 Years|
- Before applying for a post candidates are strictly advised to check their eligibility criteria because Railway Administration will reject the application not fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Government employees should send application form through their office.
- If the selected candidates did not receive their call letter before the date of written examination applicant should report the Assistant Personnel Officer in person for duplicate call letter one day before the examination.
- Duplicate call letter will only be issued on production of original photo identity cared i.e. Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Passport or Driving License etc.
How to Apply for RRB Recruitment (Scouts & Guides)?
- The notification regarding the post with the application form is available in east coast railway website “www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in”. Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before start filling up the application form.
- The application form should be filled through offline mode only. Candidates should affix their passport size photograph on the application form and photograph should not be attested.
- Candidates are advised to attach one extra photograph with their name, date of birth and signature on the backside along with the application form.
- Candidate should clearly indicate the post for which they want to apply but without indicating the grade pay applications will be rejected.
- Candidate should scribe the envelope containing the application as follows Application against Scouts and Guides Quota Recruitment for the year 2016-2017 for grade pay INR 1900 or 1800.
- General category candidates should submit the application fees of amount INR 500 which are non-refundable and candidates belong to SC/ST/ Ex-servicemen, PWDs, Women Minorities and BC should submit the application fees of amount INR 250 which is refundable.
- Candidate should submit the application fee in the form of Demand Draft/ Pay Order from any Nationalized Bank or crossed Indian Postal Order from any post office drawn in favour of “FA&CAO, East Coast Railway, payable at Bhubaneswar”.
- Selected candidates should pass the medical fitness test.
- Candidates should send the following documents along with the application form at the time of document verification:
- Candidate should submit NOC certificate issued by their employer.
- Self-attested Xerox copies of education qualification
- Age certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Participation certificates and membership certificates countersigned by State/ District Commissioner enclosed along with the application form.
RRB Recruitment 2017(Scouts & Guides) Selection Procedure
Eligible candidates are called for written examination. Those candidates who scored minimum 35% of marks in the written test will be called for Scouting Skill Assessment and marks on the certificate. So, the selection procedure comprised of three steps. The explanation of these three steps is explained below along with the marks distribution of each section:
|Scouting Skill Assessment||10|
|Marks on certificate||40|
- This test comprised of 40 objective questions along with 1 essay type question of 10 marks. These questions are relating to Scouts and Guides Organisations and its activities and General Knowledge for Grade pay 1900 and 1800. The time duration to complete the test is 60 minutes. Candidates need to answer carefully because for every wrong answer 0.33 marks will be deducted.
Scouting Skill Assessment
- In this section, Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the candidates.
Marks on Certificate
In this section mark of the candidate will be calculated mentioned on their participation certificate in National events, State events, District Rallies and National or State or All Indian Railway level.