SSC CGL 2017 NEWS
NATIONAL LEVEL ONLINE TEST
SSC CGL 2017 Application Form requires candidates to attach recent, passport size, color photograph, and signature. It can be done in online mode on the official site at the time of filling up the SSC CGL 2017 registration form.
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of their photograph and signature as per the specifications are given below. Your online application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified. On uploading your photo and signature, as specified, your online application will be provisionally registered.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification was published at ssc.nic.in on May 16, 2017. The registration for this staff selection posts in various ministries/ department/ organizations started from May 17, 2017. The last date to apply for SSC CGL is June 16, 2017. The exam will be held between August 1 to August 20.
Candidates applying for SSC CGL 2017 must take care of SSC CGL 2017 Photo details, photo size, etc. while attaching their photograph with SSC CGL 2017 Application Form. Here is the list of important pointers:
1. Photograph of the applicant must be a recent passport size color picture.
2. The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
3. If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
4. If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
5. If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
6. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
7. Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
8. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of color’s etc., during the process of scanning.
Check SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility
Along with the photo, candidates are also required to attach scanned images of signature and right-hand index finger impression. The essential specifications are listed below:
1. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
2. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
3. The Signature will be used to put on the attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
4. The Applicant’s signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
5. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
6. Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
7. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
Note: At SSC CGL 2017 Exam Center, the Center Superintendent will collect candidate’s Post Card size (4”x6”) photograph affixed on Performa.
1. There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
2. Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
3. Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
4. Select the file by clicking on it.
5. Click the 'Upload' button
During SSC CGL 2017 Registration, candidates tend to make errors while choosing the photograph. They often upload photographs which are not in accordance with the instructions and hence, such images get disqualified. The common mistakes committed by the candidates and correct sample of the photograph are given below:
1. Upload a photograph taken by a professional camera. Avoid using a cell phone to click a picture as the image of the face gets distorted. The background of the photograph should be white. Photographs with a colored background (light/dark) are not accepted.
2. Applicant must look straight into the camera making an eye contact for a clear image. Also, avoid wearing scarfs/muffler. Do not use it to cover your face. The face must cover more than 75% of the total area of the photograph. The photo clicked in improper lighting or flash must not be uploaded in the SSC CGL Application form.
3. The photo with shadow on the face is quite unclear and not accepted by SSC. The face should be clearly visible in the photo. Check that the image uploaded must not be of poor digital resolution (100 x 75).
4. Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable but avoid wearing tinted glasses or goggles in the photo. The photo with too much glare or light on the spectacles will not be accepted.
Note: The scanned image not meeting the SSC CGL photo requirements can be changed during SSC CGL Form Correction. The candidates can upload an appropriate photo in the SSC CGL Application form and submit the form again. The correct photo will be updated immediately in the form.
SSC CGL Answer Key 2017 – The answer key of SSC CG ...
SSC CGL 2016 results were declared on the officia ...
SSC CGL Dress Code and Prohibited items. Kindly se ...