To ensure smooth and transparent conduct of SSC CGL 2017. Important instructions to all candidates of SSC CGL combined graduate level examination (tier-1) 2017 commencing from August 5, 2017 to August 24, 2017.
- SSC has asked candidates to be well-dressed at exam center.
- These formal codes of conduct would assist in attempting SSC CGL 2017.
- To avoid any misconduct, strict instructions & dress code has been made.
“Candidates are strictly advised to desist from bringing bags, mobile phones and prohibited items into the examination venue.”
PROHIBITED ITEMS, such as watches, books, pens, paper chits, magazines, electronic gadgets (mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, head phones, pen/buttonhole cameras, scanner, calculator, storage devices etc) are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED in the examination lab.
SSC CGL 2017 Dress Code
From candidates being forced to wear low heels and slippers, to full-sleeved shirts and kurtas being banned to girl candidates being asked to untie their hair and not wear any clips or bands – the agencies, including SSC, conducting the test forced candidates to prepare for a lot more than only studying.
- Dress code is the dress decorum has to be followed by all candidates appearing for the exam.
- Only light coloured clothes can be worn on the day of exam.
- No items can be hidden under the clothes.
- The standards expect female candidates to keep their hair untied and dress up in simple kurtas or shirts.
Dress Code for Male Candidates
- Wear light coloured shirt/ t-shirt half sleeves, buttons must be small.
- No traditional wear like kurta or pyjama is allowed.
- Only plain sleepers or sandals with toes visible can be worn.
Dress code for Female Candidates
- Light coloured, half sleeves kurtas or tops, with small buttons, no brooch, flowers, bangles, jewellery, etc.
- Women cannot wear any kind of jewellery except Mangal sutra.
- No, salwar’s, Patiala’s, can be worn and neither plain simple lowers.
- Only Jeans or Leggings/ Jeggings can be worn without any pockets.
What is Allowed/ Not Allowed in SSC CGL 2017 exam?
As per the instructions, declared by SSC exam conducting body, students can wear only particular nature of dress and slippers. Check below the list of items allowed/ not allowed in SSC CGL exam.
|Slippers and sandals with feet completely/ partially visible||Shoes/ Bellies/ boots|
T Shirt. Shirt
|Full sleeves shirt or T-Shirt|
|Doctors prescribed spectacles||Sun glasses|
|Lower||Rings/ Chain/ Necklace etc. (any type of jewellery or ornaments)|
|Jeans||Hair Clips/ Big Rubber Bands|
|Salwar / Patiala||Big buttons, brooch/badge T-Shirts|
|Kurta/Top (Half-Sleeves)||Saree (Married or Unmarried)|
|Tiny Rubber Band||Bangles not allowed (only married can wear)|
|Mangal Sutra||Burka, Cap, Kurta Panama|
List of Barred Items in SSC CGL 2017
Candidates are not allowed to bring following list of items while coming to their allotted exam centers:
- Any stationary item such as bits of papers, textual material (written or printed), Pencil box/ Geometry, Plastic Pouch, Pen, Calculator, Scale, Pen Drive, Writing Pad, Eraser, Log Table, Calculator, Scanner/ Electronic Pen etc.
- Any communication devices for example Bluetooth, Mobile Phone, Earphones, Pager, Microphone, Health Band etc.
- Any Watch/Wrist Watch, Camera, Bracelet, etc.
- Items such as Goggles, Wallet, Handbags, Cap, Belt etc.
- Any ornaments such as Earrings, Ring, Nose-pin, Pendants, Chain/Necklace, Badge, Brooch etc.
- Any food either opened or closed.
- Any metallic item.
- Any other items that can be used for hiding Bluetooth device, camera etc.
In case any candidate is found in possession of any of the barred items inside the center, it will be considered as use of unfair means and action will be taken against the candidate in accordance with the relevant provisions.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Day Schedule
Candidates have to reach the exam centers at 8.30 am as no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam center after the scheduled time. Further, the conducting authority has advised candidates to reach their allotted exam centers two hours in advance so that they can avoid any unexpected delay.
|Exam slot details||Reporting time|
|9.30 am- 1.00 pm||8.30 am – 9.30 am|
|1.45 pm – 4.45 pm||11.45 am – 12.45 pm|
With increasing exam preparation pace, candidates must also pay attention to important things like examination hall etiquettes. Given below are important exam rules that every candidate, appearing for the exam, must know.
A. Security check
- Candidates have to reach the frisking area once you enter the exam center.
- Must cooperate with the security check personals.
- Separate area is designed for male and female candidates.
- Students not coordinating at this stage will be asked to leave.
B. Registration desk
- Once the check is over students must report to the registration desk for biometric registration.
- All the important documents will be checked here.
- This will include the photo ID proof and SSC CGL 2017 admit card.
- Left hand thumb impression (LTI) will be used for biometric thumb impression.
- Once the step is complete, you cannot leave the exam center at any cost.
- A certificate statement in running handwriting and signed by a candidate must be given at the desk.
- A lab and computer number will be provided.
C. At Assigned Computer
- Enter required credentials i.e. roll number and password on the system.
- Read all the instructions carefully.
- Click on “I have read the terms and instructions” button on screen.
- Start working with the sample test and complete it before you do the actual test.
- Do not touch any cable or wire in or around your system, may cause some harm or shut down of your system.
- No extra time will be given to any candidate.
- In case accidentally the system shuts down because of any technical issue report immediately to invigilator.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Day Instructions
Immediately after downloading SSC CGL 2017 admit card, candidates must first cross check the entries made.
- Must carry the admit card to the exam hall.
- Must reach the exam center much before the exam time; candidates won't be allowed to enter the exam hall after 9.30 am
- Must carry "downloaded admit card and with proforma which is an attachment of Admit Card with Post Card Size Photograph duly affixed on it"
- Must not carry anything to the exam hall except admit card and photographs.
- Pen or Pencil will be provided to candidates at examination hall.
- If you are found practicing any unfair means during the exam duration, you will be disqualified from the exam.
- No eatables or liquids are allowed in the exam hall.
- Water bottles must be transparent.
- Check your pockets for any piece of paper, if found later you will be disqualified.
- No electronic items are allowed in the exam hall.
- Only basic analogue watch can be worn in the exam hall.
- Candidates must not wear ring, bracelet, earrings, chains, nose pins, pendant, badge, brooch, hair pin, hair band, clothes with full sleeves.
- Candidats should wear Flotters (Chappal) instead of shoes.
- Due to any technical issues if examination is not started at designated time then candidate must follow the instructions given at the exam centers. They have to wait till any decision will be announced at the exam centers.
- Students have to sit in the exam hall for complete exam hours, even if the exam is over or completed from your side.
- No books/notepads/registers/magazines are allowed in the exam hall.