Staff Selection Commission (SSC) declared the final results for SSC Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) exam conducted in 2016. Over 9,000 candidates were to be recruited through SSC CGL 2016 as per the official notification issued by SSC in March 2017.
- SSC CGL Result was declared on the official website on Friday (August 5, 2017).
- SSC CGL 2016 was conducted both in online as well as offline mode. Tier 1 and Tier 2 were completely online whereas, Tier 3 (written Essay) was conducted in offline mode.
- Candidates can check their results by visiting the official website of CGL exam conducting authority.
- Candidates whose name and roll numbers are mentioned in the final list would be issued call letters from various ministries, departments, and branches in which they are selected.
- The post for which a particular candidate is selected is also mentioned in the official notification (declaring the results).
- SSC CGL 2016 exam’s first tier exams were held in the month of September 2016 and subsequently, the third tier exam was held in the Month of March 2017.
- The vacancies under SSC CGL are divided into three broad categories namely AAO (Audit and Account Officer), JSO (Junior Statistical Officer), and posts other than JSO and AAO.
- The merit cum result list is prepared separately for all the three categories.
- Candidates falling under the ambit of two or more category and having their name in the final lists would have to make a choice in regards to any one post.
- Any discrepancy in regards to the results would require to be contacted to the official authority from side of candidate as soon as possible.
How to check SSC CGL 2016 Final Results?
Candidates who appeared for SCC CGL 2016 exam would be eager to check their final results. Candidates can check their results by visiting the official website of SSC.
The step by step procedure to check results is mentioned below for the reference of candidates.
- Go to the official website of SSC – www.ssc.nic.in
- Click on the link “SSC CGL 2016 Results”.
- Now, click on the link “Declaration of Results of CGL (Tier 3) Examination.
- A pdf link would open. Download this pdf.
- Check your Roll number/Name in the downloaded list.
- Take a printout of the result page for future reference.
Check Here List of Selected Candidates for Post of AAO (Assistant Audit Officer)
Check Here List of Selected Candidates for Post Other than AAO & JSO
Check Here List of Selected Candidates for Post of JSO (Junior Statistical Officer)
SSC CGL 2016 Merit List
- Merit list of selected candidate is prepared after the declaration of final results in order to recruit candidates for respective posts.
- For the preparation of merit list marks of candidates in respective tiers (that is Tier 2 and Tier 3) along with the post preference marked by them during the document verification and application process would be considered.
- A merit list is prepared in such a way that candidate scoring higher marks (cumulative) is placed higher in comparison to other candidates who have applied for that post.
- For some posts, there is an additional fourth tier or skill test which is qualifying in nature.
- This fourth tier varies from post to post (as per the skill requirement for that respective post).
- The fourth tier exam is called skill test and is required to be qualified by candidates (who have passed Tier 2 and Tier 3 exam) in order to be considered for merit list preparation of that respective post.
- The skill test (fourth tier) would test candidate’s Data Entry/Computer proficiency skills and would be of qualifying nature.
- It should be noted that the marks of skill test would not be considered for the purpose of preparation of final merit list.
- Marks of Tier 2 and Tier 3 (except in the case of AAO and JSO where marks of Tier 4 that is financial awareness and statistical paper would be considered for merit list preparation) would only be considered for preparation of final merit list.
- All recruitments would be viewed on the backdrop of the final merit list prepared for that respective year (that is the year of recruitment).
SSC CGL Cut Off
- Cut off is a parameter which defines whether they are clearing the exam this year or not.
- It provides them a benchmark which they have to target and cross in order to clear the exam in the subsequent.
- Thus, it makes clear the importance of knowing the cut off by aspirants for SSC CGL 2016 exam (or for that matter any other exam).
- For the reference of candidates, we are here providing you the detailed information regarding the cut off of SSC CGL 2016.
SSC CGL 2016 Tier 1 Cut Off
SSC CGL 2016 Tier 2 and Tier 3 Cut Off
The cut off marks for tier 2 and 3 exams vary for all the three categories of posts. The details regarding cut off of each category of post is tabled below.
AAO (Assistant Audit Officer)
Cut off (Paper 1 + 2 + 4)
Assistant Section officer in CSS and Assistant MEA
Cut off (Paper 1 + 2)
JSO (Junior Statistical Officer)
Cut off (Paper 1 + 2+3)
For Other Posts
Cut off (Paper 1 + 2)
We hope that the details mentioned in this article would have provided you an insight into SCC CGL 2016 exam results. In case you need any help in regards to upcoming SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 exam then you can refer to our previous article on preparation tips or can comment below.